• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

My best friend is a Muslim

My best friend is a Muslim. He is a great friend and I love him as that. But he's a Muslim and I respect him for that but,

Is it wrong?

Administrator
Staff Member
What is wrong, technically speaking as far as your question? Being his friend or him being a muslim? Being his friend (I doubt you meant this but I'll bring it up anyway) is not wrong. GOD says to love your neighbor (everyone that is).

Him being a muslim, yes of course. Anyone and I mean ANYONE who does not have Jesus Christ in their life as their Savior is literally doomed to hell, sadly so. There is no reason whatsoever why anyone who does have the opportunity and knowledge to learn about Jesus, should not have Jesus. Everyone is non-excuseable (except, as far I'm concerned the 3rd world country victims - homeless, hungry and non educated who have not heard the Gospels ever).

Your asking permission to be friends with someone? Are you serious mate? Be friends with whoever you like

Administrator
Staff Member
joe_m said:
Your asking permission to be friends with someone? Are you serious mate? Be friends with whoever you like
Joe, he never asked for "permission" in his post. He's asking for advice. Once you learn the Bible and GOD you will understand also. Please read my other post I gave to you just now.

He wanted to know if it is a good idea to accompany himself around ungodly people. For example, if you hate drugs would you hang around constantly around drug addicts? Most likely not.

Chad said:
Joe, he never asked for "permission" in his post. He's asking for advice. Once you learn the Bible and GOD you will understand also. Please read my other post I gave to you just now.

He wanted to know if it is a good idea to accompany himself around ungodly people. For example, if you hate drugs would you hang around constantly around drug addicts? Most likely not.
i'd hardly describe a muslim as an 'ungodly' person

Administrator
Staff Member
That's because you do not understand Truth as told in Scripture. You are not a Christian yet so you have to learn. Its not about your opinion of what is Godly or not but about what GOD Himself says is GODLY.

Muslim friend great opportunity

Hi. This is my first time posting but I have something to contribute.

Leroy159,

I think it is wonderful that you're best friends with a Muslim. If you stay firm in your beliefs, and committed to Christ, there is no reason to not remain friends with this person. In fact, you can lead him to Jesus! With the Lord's help, your actions, holy lifestyle and compassion can teach him/her about the love and saving grace of Christ.

Pax, Rory

hi all

joe_m said:
i'd hardly describe a muslim as an 'ungodly' person

Hi all. New to the site.

Hate to have my first post make others mad, but have to clarify this misconception. A muslim IS "ungodly". There is one God and followers of Islam don't worship Him.

I know it's not the PC thing to say, but the beginning speaks of the end. Read Genesis and then read Revelations. So many things in common.

Christianity and Islam are spoken of in both books in great detail.

kobegotskillz said:
Hi all. New to the site.

Hate to have my first post make others mad, but have to clarify this misconception. A muslim IS "ungodly". There is one God and followers of Islam don't worship Him.

I know it's not the PC thing to say, but the beginning speaks of the end. Read Genesis and then read Revelations. So many things in common.

Christianity and Islam are spoken of in both books in great detail.
kobegotskillz,

Welcome to Talk Jesus! We hope to fellowship with you at Live Chat! Please review more on this thread "Is it really false" and "Mohammed Islam".

Your brother in Christ Jesus!

This area requires some advanced study as to where these "religions" find there roots.
You will find that they come from the "seed" of Lot and his daughters.That is why there was such emnity between them and isreal which exists even to this day. The scriptures refer to it in the dealings with the "moabitess woman".
As for who "makes it" into the kingdom of God the word says "I am the way the truth and the light no man comes to the father but through me" Jesus is the only way in.

[edited by Admin]

You can be all you want, but not be against Truth on GOD's site.

Last edited by a moderator:
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself "more highly than he ought to think; "but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. there is the key not that we must not have high esteem of ourselves

my friend, it is never wrong to respect someone and think it is wrong because of there religion or faith. because God has made us that way, it never says in the bible to not respect anyone outside of the family. like God, have a caring and open heart, and feel that God knows what is right, and if he wants this friend to be your role-model, regardless of his religion then so be it.

Administrator
Staff Member
GOD tells us to love our neighbors, but also tells us to be around godly people. By being around godly people we are in a better zone for ourselves to be uplifted spiritually and mentally in a Christian statehood, by those around you who share the same faith in Christ and same wisdom/understanding of GOD's will.

GOD also tells us to pray for each other, even if we doubt it is working (but GOD says be faithful). This includes praying for ALL. It does not mean to hate lets say a muslim friend, but it does not require you also to continue being friends with them (it really boils down to the circumstances). If that friend constantly mocks you for your faith in Christ and disrepects, would you want to be friends? If that friend respects you humbly, why not? But also, if you pray for GOD's will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven, amen and let GOD do as He pleases

Loyal
GOD tells us to love our neighbors, but also tells us to be around godly people. By being around godly people we are in a better zone for ourselves to be uplifted spiritually and mentally in a Christian statehood, by those around you who share the same faith in Christ and same wisdom/understanding of GOD's will.

GOD also tells us to pray for each other, even if we doubt it is working (but GOD says be faithful). This includes praying for ALL. It does not mean to hate lets say a muslim friend, but it does not require you also to continue being friends with them (it really boils down to the circumstances). If that friend constantly mocks you for your faith in Christ and disrepects, would you want to be friends? If that friend respects you humbly, why not? But also, if you pray for GOD's will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven, amen and let GOD do as He pleases

Just looking at old posts tonight.....One question Chad concerning this post....Who did Jesus hang out with? Sinners....That's who He came to save....If this person is a friend with a Muslim and he is determined to be an example to his friend, then let him be strong in the faith of Jesus or leave the man alone...The Muslim will be trying to convert him too. Let him be honest with his friend and let him know what he stands for or rather who he stands for.

Active
My best friend is a Muslim. He is a great friend and I love him as that. But he's a Muslim and I respect him for that but,

Is it wrong?
Islam as a religion is not right Im sorry to say. It is darkness to Jesus light. And we are told in the bible we are not to be friends with the world. So its a difficult one. I have found myself that its really hard to stay friends with unbelievers, even if they seem real friendly at the start.

Its because we cant have fellowship with them and that is true friendship because Jesus laid down his life for his friends. If someone doesnt believe that then they cant be a true friend. They may seem friendly but when it comes down to it they will save their own skin over yours in a crisis. You might also go to great lengths for them, but unbelievers I have found will just take advantage and you will not even receive a thankyou.

I cant say to what extent a muslim may behave but the ones ive known that had a muslim background even when they professed belief in Jesus showed they didnt actually follow through with christian behaviour many times or they had a strange interpretation of who Jesus is. In the end I had to drop them because it was real hard to even be friends. Their interpretation of a friend is different.

Does he truly want to know Jesus? Jesus is a great friend.

Loyal
Islam as a religion is not right Im sorry to say. It is darkness to Jesus light. And we are told in the bible we are not to be friends with the world. So its a difficult one. I have found myself that its really hard to stay friends with unbelievers, even if they seem real friendly at the start.

Its because we cant have fellowship with them and that is true friendship because Jesus laid down his life for his friends. If someone doesnt believe that then they cant be a true friend. They may seem friendly but when it comes down to it they will save their own skin over yours in a crisis. You might also go to great lengths for them, but unbelievers I have found will just take advantage and you will not even receive a thankyou.

I cant say to what extent a muslim may behave but the ones ive known that had a muslim background even when they professed belief in Jesus showed they didnt actually follow through with christian behaviour many times or they had a strange interpretation of who Jesus is. In the end I had to drop them because it was real hard to even be friends. Their interpretation of a friend is different.

Does he truly want to know Jesus? Jesus is a great friend.
Good points....On the other hand, I've seen Christians being quite uh...human too.

Active
True..but you can always appeal to God and scripture with them.

Although having said that I have difficulty with those that belong to certain denoms and learned which ones to steer clear of. Many can call themselves christians but some are just in name only so you cant actually be kindred spirits with them. They wont treat you like a sister (or brother)

Active
I have worked with a few muslims and they can be super friendly but also on the other hand reallly hateful of christians. It was muslims esp the more extreme ones that decide we cant even have a nativity scene at christmas in our town anymore. Because somehow that offends them.

I was also told I would be going to hell (in a smug manner) just because I was not fasting during ramadan. For some strange reason they expect everyone else to believe everything they do.