• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

My 1st post

Hey "community" ? I got a message from a member, my first message! So what about T.V evangelest? I recomemended Dr. Gene Scott, Do you hate me christians? Ye have heard it was said, but I say unto you---Have we lost sight of the teaching of our LORD """YE HAVE HEARD IT SAID, BUT I SAY UNTO YOU??????????????????????

So do I go on and on about this One? Well, He came into my life as one greater than I to save from death.
Yea I getting old and ready to die - Do you save me Christian? Do you know not? You are as us here but look up, the one who creates the stars and calls them by name is able. Yea He can rise the dead, who else can say this? I am a freak, want this insane demon riden soul to tell what great works the Son of God Has done? I did already and greater shall he do through His Fathers name-

So you all do not like an insane demoniac old man? Come on now, Ha! I laugh at my own poor wordings and above all in my first post! (not including the one for a new member). What a way to make friends, my PM box must be maxed out! Yea right :thumbs_do
I apologize for loosing it. :confused:
It is a good sign if you think you are insane because it is a symptom of anxiety, where if you really are insane you would not know. My “demons” are numerous, brings to mind the messenger of satan Paul spoke of. Sorry for sobbing, I have issues with depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, and anxiety for years now that with the Lords help have found ways to cope but I can not get completely rid of these tormentors of my mind. I have these mental problems as well as arthritis, and a problem in my lungs and ears that I am waiting to get insurance to then see what is going on. Problems in my marriage, finances, stress – many others out there do too so consider them before I, as I feel something is growing on my jaw bone and up into my ear and brain so I have not much longer here on this earth. A believer in Christ with much worse situations than many of the world makes me feel like a freak. At about 40 I feel like 80 and ready to pass on.
I would not recommend Hinn, as many here do not. I expect to be disliked at my preference of Dr. Scott over the mentioned others, not that I follow or agree with him without questions.
I have been thinking recently that some of the words and actions of the “prophets” , meaning men and women of God from creation on into the church to this day , including myself, are in error after reading the beatitudes at the beginning of the gospel of Matthew where Jesus says “ye have heard that it was said “ then He would point out “but I say unto you”.
The graphic example below is only one of several examples of disrespect for life and death and destruction – that our Lord would not be pleased with. Would not the Christ that Paul said in Corinthians was the one who went with the Israelites heal these peoples instead of slaying man, women and children? :confused: :confused: :confused:
NU 25:6 Then an Israelite man brought to his family a Midianite woman right before the eyes of Moses and the whole assembly of Israel while they were weeping at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting. 7 When Phinehas son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron, the priest, saw this, he left the assembly, took a spear in his hand 8 and followed the Israelite into the tent. He drove the spear through both of them--through the Israelite and into the woman's body. Then the plague against the Israelites was stopped; 9 but those who died in the plague numbered 24,000.
I am with this Son of God Jesus and His words, but I question if the Lord’s actual intentions were always being read by the “Holy” lineages correctly. Even Paul said “1CO 13:8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.” :thumbs_up
If anyone cares for me or wants to reason or me around I will stay – but at the same time move on if disliked by all.
Remember to place our new member Christian a post in his T.V. evangelist thread as I did not want to compete or take attention from it :love:
I trying to work through my salvation with fear and trembling as our God is a consuming fire. :lightning :lightning :lightning

I don't understand why you would assume that anyone would dislike you. I must admit that your stream of consciousness turned into quite the river there by the end but it was sure fun to read! I'm sure that your situations are difficult, but in the Lord they are not that bad. God never gives us more than he knows that we can handle through him. You did mention problems with OCD, anxiety, and deppression. Those are some weighty burdens for sure. OCD can be a blessing or a curse depending upon how you use it. God bestowed it upon you and it can be a very good thing. Alot of people would disagree but I have first hand experience. I'm certain that you have heard that routine is important. You need something to focus your energy on. The first is your Bible. Read, but when you read, designate a period in the day for reading and studying scripture and do it every single day. Follow your schedule. It is also important that you get regular physical excersise everyday. The body is a temple of the holy spirit, it is important to keep it neat. Exersise also does wonderful things for deppression. The blessing behind OCD is that with the Lord's help and a little organization you can serve him to the last detail. The most important thing is prayer, your's and ours. Set up a time of day to pray. Do not miss it, do not delay it. Remember, we are praying for you.

Hello to you Zscripture
you have many problem areas I sympathize with you friend, but our God is a great God, and there's nothing too much for him, with him all things are possible, and listen to what ChrisM is reminding you 'God never gives us more than he knows that we can handle' I myself last year had a Manic Bipolar Depression episode, well that's what they labelled it in the hospital anyway, but only by trusting in the Lord and praying He got me through it and back to 'normallity' praise his name.
So Jesus CAN bring us out of trouble and answer prayer....I know for he did it for me. Thank You Jesus.
Keep in close communion with the Lord and he WILL bring you through.
Lordbless you

Oh about Benny Hinn, I'm one of those 'can't make up my mind' sorta person about his ministry, Lord forgive me if I'm doubting when I shouldn't be but I like to think of it as discernment instead, and does the Lord show up to these 'shows' on demand? that makes me sceptical.

Last edited:
Hi Zscripture.

I do not know why you think that you are hated? I do not hate you. I read your first two posts and i could not make them out, i had no idea of a way to respond. Not saying that it was my fault or your fault it's just a part of being human i suppose our ability to communicate and understand is limited.

But anyway your third letter in this thread had more definition for me.

I do not know who Dr. Gene Scott is? I live in Australia and i don't watch any TV evangelist shows anyway. I have heard a few very critical things said of mr Hind since i have been on the net, but because i have never listened to the man then i shall not comment on him. You quoted Paul in your post when you said:

I trying to work through my salvation with fear and trembling

Philipp 2:12 . Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

Yes that’s what all followers of The Messiah Jesus should be doing. Not following men, placing their trust in men but in The Word of God. I see you read for yourself the Beattitudes And they have moved you to question the doctrines you have been taught or are exposed to every day. Good for you keep your focus on the Word and trust in God. Hold His Word above all the thoughts of man and take responsibility for your conscience toward God.

It is a good sign if you think you are insane because it is a symptom of anxiety, where if you really are insane you would not know. My “demons” are numerous, brings to mind the messenger of satan Paul spoke of. Sorry for sobbing, I have issues with depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, and anxiety for years now that with the Lords help have found ways to cope but I can not get completely rid of these tormentors of my mind. I have these mental problems as well as arthritis, and a problem in my lungs and ears that I am waiting to get insurance to then see what is going on. Problems in my marriage, finances, stress – many others out there do too so consider them before I, as I feel something is growing on my jaw bone and up into my ear and brain so I have not much longer here on this earth.

You may not have much time left on this earth, i would suggest that you pray to God for the understanding that you need to "work out your own salvation " So that when you leave you will be with Him. God can physically heal you if He wills you to be Physically healed maybe He might want to use you to reach out to people who are suffering like you are? Or maybe He will want to bring you home to Him? God knows. But there is one thing that we can have on this earth and that is the inner peace that comes through the Messiah Jesus. i know this because i obtained that peace through belief in Jesus. Get to know just who Jesus is by reading His Words in the gospels.

John 6:
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

John 14:
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 27 "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 16:
33 "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

As for your scripture about the killing of the Israelite and the middenite woman. We now live in an age of grace brought about by Jesus. the scripture says.

Numbers 25:
10 Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying: 11 "Phinehas the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, has turned back My wrath from the children of Israel, because he was zealous with My zeal among them, so that I did not consume the children of Israel in My zeal. 12 "Therefore say, 'Behold, I give to him My covenant of peace; 13 'and it shall be to him and his descendants after him a covenant of an everlasting priesthood, because he was zealous for his God, and made atonement for the children of Israel.' "

This is the Word of God we either believe it or not. If we believe this is a lie and the Lord did not say this then how can we believe anything we read in the Bible??? God is God. God is a God of Justice but also a God of loving kindness and mercy to those who are meek enough to acknowledge they need mercy and forgiveness and Believe in Jesus to be made righteous in Spirit. That is the good news, we are forgiven.

Zscripture i hope i have helped you in some way? Of cource don't take my word as gospel i'm just another man. Take whatever you hear and test it against the Word Of God and ask for the Healpers guidance to you conscience.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

ChrisM,
Thank you. My stream of consciousness sure had turned into quite a river there by the end of my post, why I thought no one would want me to post any more. Glad you thought it was sure fun to read! Of the three anxiety, depression and obc – obc can be a blessing, the attention to detail I think-but often combined with the others it exhausts me as I run thoughts over and over and over. A little rational thinking helped me get beyond the checking of things and washing of hands types behaviors and I like it when used right – it is the anxiety & depression that often ruins it for me.
I have researched types of psychology that help to identify and change “cognition’s”, oh how I would like to take some diazepam or alproazolam but it often leads to an even more destructive cycle for me, so only in emergencies do I feel comfortable using pharmaceuticals. I pray and hope for healing, physically, mentally and spiritually, thanking God for every morsel of food and every drop of drink asking him to bless it and cause it to be strength and health. I am into a deep study of remedies of natural herbs and as far as exercise do yoga. The Scripture is deeply a part of me – thus my screen name – it is good to have someone to agree in prayer with as mentioned therein. Thanks again

Maureen,
Thank you. Sorry to hear you deal with depression as I. As far as Hinn, the one thing that I seen was all the churche’s prayer request being thrown in the trash, if you value your ministry log them and keep track of miracles and share testimony to the church, however, when I seen some actual words in a thread elsewhere I was shocked to say the least. I check in here daily if possible, although only log and post if felt led to. This is my first thread (not post) other than the one for new members though. PM me or track me down in a thread if you ever need any to talk to with similar issues or for a prayer agreement.

Adstar,
Thank you. I felt hated as a symptom of my depressed irrational thinking, because of jumping to conclusions about reactions, I lost it.
Not that I think any human is beyond error or take Dr. Scott’s teachings or any one else’s without discernment, however I am quit fond of some of his subjects. In particular the study of the stars which I may post on a study I am undertaking. :computer:
You said “This is the Word of God we either believe it or not. If we believe this is a lie and the Lord did not say this then how can we believe anything we read in the Bible???”
As far as I know the 10 commandments were the only words actually written by our Lord God, the rest were from men such as Moses, Jeremiah, David etc. in the OT and St. Matthew, Mark Luke Paul Peter etc. in the new. Holy men no doubt, but men without sin or error? The bible is a book of books, the early church out of necessity had to decide which to include in the whole as much fiction or works written as attacks on truth existed alongside. I am baptized into the Catholic church, I by no means accept all the church teachings and feel many is way off, I just can not find a denomination (maybe non-denominational?).Anyway, my Catholic bible contains other books that speak as they are God breathed in my opinion. Without error, as all the other books? Did Paul clear this matter already?
1CO 13:8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.”
Yes, the Beatitudes where Jesus says “ye have heard that it was said “ then He would point out “but I say unto you” is making me really question some of the actions and words of the “prophets”. It was these that put to death our Lord, the lineage’s of the Temple worship. {No man took His life, but he lay it down and took it back for His sheep}. Jesus spoke from Isaiah and mentioned Daniel too, from my understanding of Jeremiah, Yehovah would have saved the Israelites from dispersion if they remembered Him – their children had no knowledge of Yehovah, but offered incense to myths painted on walls.
I do not think we have to accept the bible as an all or nothing type deal. I can not see the Christ that told Peter to put away his sword after he smote an ear(that our Lord put back on) saying to slay everything with breath, note verse 16 below-
DT 20:5 The officers shall say to the army: "Has anyone built a new house and not dedicated it? Let him go home, or he may die in battle and someone else may dedicate it. 6 Has anyone planted a vineyard and not begun to enjoy it? Let him go home, or he may die in battle and someone else enjoy it. 7 Has anyone become pledged to a woman and not married her? Let him go home, or he may die in battle and someone else marry her." 8 Then the officers shall add, "Is any man afraid or fainthearted? Let him go home so that his brothers will not become disheartened too." 9 When the officers have finished speaking to the army, they shall appoint commanders over it.

DT 20:10 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11 If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12 If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13 When the LORD your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14 As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies. 15 This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.

DT 20:16 However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy them--the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites--as the LORD your God has commanded you. 18 Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the LORD your God.

This was a war decree and war time granted and centuries ago when things were different – clearly after the fall of our race horrific things began to take place. The Word of God is going to be forever settled and un-changeable, and the Israelites have certain promises directed at their nation. Still, I wonder if our race as mere humans sometimes missed what He may have truly intended to do and say? Extremely disturbing to me to say the least! Yes thanks be we now live in an age of grace brought about by Jesus and the drops of His blood clearly signify God is a God of Wrath and Justice as well. Jesus fulfilled the whole of the law we could not and redeemed us from it.
GAL 4:1 What I am saying is that as long as the heir is a child, he is no different from a slave, although he owns the whole estate. 2 He is subject to guardians and trustees until the time set by his father. 3 So also, when we were children, we were in slavery under the basic principles of the world. 4 But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, 5 to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. 6 Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." 7 So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.

PHP 3:20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

Hi Zscripture thanks for your reply

You said “This is the Word of God we either believe it or not. If we believe this is a lie and the Lord did not say this then how can we believe anything we read in the Bible???”
As far as I know the 10 commandments were the only words actually written by our Lord God,

How do you know God wrote the 10 commandments? Why do you believe God wrote the ten commandments? Because it is in the bible? Who put it into the Bible, that God wrote the Ten Commandments? Was it moses? Was it a man? You do not trust in the rightings of men but you believe that God wrote the Ten commandments??? But it is the rightings of a man that tells us that God wrote the Ten commandments. So if you cannot trust in the words of man then you may as well throw your bible into the trash can.

But you have no intention of doing this, do you? Why? Is it because there are things in the bible that you agree with and conform to your reasoning but there are other things that offend you and seem illogical to you?

If so, who then are you relying on in your search for the truth? Yourself? Your judgement? You discernment?

Are you in fact not seeking truth but seeking all things that conform to your sense of what truth should be? Are you seeking your own religion?

the rest were from men such as Moses, Jeremiah, David etc. in the OT and St. Matthew, Mark Luke Paul Peter etc. in the new. Holy men no doubt, but men without sin or error?

Then if they erred in what they wrote in the Bible nothing said in it can be trusted.

I am baptized into the Catholic church, I by no means accept all the church teachings and feel many is way off, I just can not find a denomination (maybe non-denominational?).

Why search for a denomination at all?

Anyway, my Catholic bible contains other books that speak as they are God breathed in my opinion. Without error, as all the other books?

" in my opinion"

Did Paul clear this matter already?
1CO 13:8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.”

Yes prophecies will cease there will come a time when there will be no further need for prophets and no prophesies will be heard that does not mean that the prophesies that exist now are faulty.

Yes where there are tongues they will be stilled, We will not need them in eternity

Yes where there is knowledge, it will pass away. But what "knowledge" do you think that Paul was talking about? Could it be that He was talking about the knowledge of Good and Evil? you know that knowledge that caused the human race to fall in the first place, which has plagued us throughout history?

A poor reflection is not a false reflection it is just an incomplete picture. Just because it is not perfect does not mean what it is made up of is false, just incomplete.

Yes, the Beatitudes where Jesus says “ye have heard that it was said “ then He would point out “but I say unto you” is making me really question some of the actions and words of the “prophets”. It was these that put to death our Lord, the lineage’s of the Temple worship.

Prophets killed Jesus???

What did Jesus say to His killers:

Matthew 23:
29 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous, 30 "and say, 'If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.' 31 "Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32 "Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers' guilt. 33 "Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell? 34 "Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, 35 "that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 "Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. 37 " O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under [her] wings, but you were not willing!

Do you believe Jesus said this?

No the prophets did not kill Jesus, the prophets where killed by the same kind of people who killed Jesus.

Jesus spoke from Isaiah and mentioned Daniel too, from my understanding of Jeremiah, Yehovah would have saved the Israelites from dispersion if they remembered Him – their children had no knowledge of Yehovah, but offered incense to myths painted on walls.

He would have had mercy on them, But He knew from the time that they rejected samuel and preferred to have a king over them like the other nations did, that it would end that way.

I do not think we have to accept the bible as an all or nothing type deal. I can not see the Christ that told Peter to put away his sword after he smote an ear(that our Lord put back on) saying to slay everything with breath,
note verse 16 below-
DT 20:5 The officers shall say to the army: "Has anyone built a new house and not dedicated it? Let him go home, or he may die in battle and someone else may dedicate it. 6 Has anyone planted a vineyard and not begun to enjoy it? Let him go home, or he may die in battle and someone else enjoy it. 7 Has anyone become pledged to a woman and not married her? Let him go home, or he may die in battle and someone else marry her." 8 Then the officers shall add, "Is any man afraid or fainthearted? Let him go home so that his brothers will not become disheartened too." 9 When the officers have finished speaking to the army, they shall appoint commanders over it.

DT 20:10 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11 If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12 If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13 When the LORD your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14 As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies. 15 This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.

DT 20:16 However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy them--the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites--as the LORD your God has commanded you. 18 Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the LORD your God.

I have no problem with both scriptures. Gods Justice and His Mercy are not incompatible or in conflict. Mercy on the repentant is the highest form of Justice, God is wonderful.

This was a war decree and war time granted and centuries ago when things were different

Take a look at what Jesus said about the end times and what the book of Revelation says about the wrath of God that will be poured out upon the earth on the great Day Of The Lord. Read about the Messiah's return and What will happen on that day. The great slaughter that will take place. If you try to pick and choose what scripture agrees with your sence of justice and discard what offends you then your trusting in yourself, And you must know no man is perfect.

GAL 4:1 What I am saying is that as long as the heir is a child, he is no different from a slave, although he owns the whole estate. 2 He is subject to guardians and trustees until the time set by his father. 3 So also, when we were children, we were in slavery under the basic principles of the world. 4 But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, 5 to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. 6 Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." 7 So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.

Yes its beautiful to be adopted by God :thumbs_up

PHP 3:20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

I hope we do not have to wait much longer. He will come when the time is right.

I hope you do not feel hated by me Zscripture please do not see anger behind the words that i have given :love: I have no ill feeling towards you, But wish to one day embrace you in eternity.

Brother Zscripture, I can tell you honestly that I do not hate you but love you as a brother in Christ. I am so sorry to hear of the tormentting that you are going through and I will keep you in my prayers. May the Lord God Almighty bless you and guide you in your health and marriage.
Your sister.

mymakersdaughter,
Thank you for your acknowledgement of me and your kind words! Sometimes just a kind hey - hello means volumes, thanks-

Adstar,
My head kind of hurts too much to argue right now, let me maybe get back to all your questions another time please? But yes, lets all praise this ANCIENT OF DAY'S our finite minds can barley even comprehend! No greater love is there that HIS SON lay down and take back HIS life for things eye has not seen or ear has not heard nor has it entered into a heart the things Yehovah El is planned :cake:

((((((((((((((((((Zscripture)))))))))))))))))))

Take care of yourself, k

I just wonder sometimes if the imperfections and errors of this fallen race and planet has not transcended or touched everything :confused:

Best advice?

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; :love:

touched everything?

Do you mean affected God? like changed Him? :confused:

All Praise The Ancient of Days