• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Muslims and Catholics to meet

I think we should be praying about this.

138 muslim scholars from around the world sent a letter to the pope and christian world leaders in order to propose an inter-religious dialogue so that christians can come together with the muslims on the common ground of our religions. It's titled "A Common Word Between Us and You," It calls for new efforts at Christian-Muslim dialogue based on the shared belief in the existence of one God, in God's love for humanity and in people's obligation to love one another.

The muslims plan to meet with the pope in the spring 2008. To me it sounds like they are on dangerous grounds and I hope we can pray about it. This is a future step towards peace in which world leaders are desperate for. And I wonder just how far they are will to go to achieve it.

Daniel 8:25...and through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many..."

Active
Yes we have to pray.
They've been at this for years, they are right about one thing.
There is only "ONE" God.

Old news becoming reality...But trust me a true "follower of Christ" would not glorify this or join in.
They can sip their tea and join hands while the rest of us pray for their salvation.

Last edited:
Be discerning

Praying that you who love the Lord will hunger for His word, daily.
Other books and denominations are okay. Some say they are lesser lights.
But truly the only authority is the Holy Bible.
Please pray that the Holy Spirit guides you as you read God's word.
"one religion" is scary because that is combining many denominations.
I joined TalkJesus because it said non-denominational for serious Christians.
Let's be "serious" and keep the Bible as the only book we read/see as the authority.
For after all only God the Father will judge on judgment day.
And Revelations 20:12,13 state that "all men will be judged according to his works".
If we want to become "one religion" that is a huge soul-searching process because Satan is like a wolf hiding in sheeps clothing. He will slip lots of falsehood in.
We can tell how "people" are by their fruits.
Galatians 5:22,23 - the last part of v23 is key/striking to me - "for against such there is no law".
Be prayful in all things, develop a relationship with God - it will show through your character and daily dealing with others.

I agree divineclue. We must always be warey of the "one world religion" tendancy of today's world compromising what we believe. However, I believe that many muslims will come to believe in Christ. Just look at the current situation. Are they coming to a reconsiliation with Isreal or the Jewish religion? NO! It's with Christianity that many are turning to even in Iran. Don't get me wrong, I still believe that the Jewish people are indeed the chosen ones of God. But we can't deny the reality that people of all walks of life are now turning to Christ. Maybe not in America but everywhere else this is happening from what I have heard.
I view the Muslim religion as desparately lacking something that true Christians have and are experiencing everyday of their lives. This occurance doesn't discriminate between creed or race but permeates our hearts so much that anyone, no matter what their heritage is, can experience it. It IS the living God who influences this and HE loves all of us no matter what religion we find ourselves trapped in. Jesus IS the way and people all around the world are starting to receive this message. God is at work for these are desparate times.

Hadoz, Amen to your statement "Jesus IS the way and people all around the world are starting to receive this message. God is at work for these are desparate times."
There is power in prayer. We need to pray for the Holy Spirit to work wonders all around this planet.

I am blown away!

As I read this, alot of things come to mind. I have been speaking to many non-believers lately, and one thing that seems like they all have in common, is this:

Everyone is complaining about this, and about that.....they complain about how unfair it is, they complain about how bad our president is to make us go into war, they complain about the economy........

OOOOOOhhhhhhhhh, their list seems to be endless!

Well, you all hit it right on the nose! I have to quote Joni Eareckson Tada. On Her "Diamonds in The Dust," Devotional calendar, she cites the following verses and then comments on each one.

In January, 25, it reads as follows:

WHO'S STRONGER?

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 1 John 4:4

And then she proceeds with a prayer, in fact,

Lord Jesus, I have nothing to fear knowing that you are in control. there is no accident, injury, or circumstance that can happen beyond your sovereign will. I recognize that the devil cannot touch my life, that he cannot even tempt me with out gaining your permission. Help me to realize just how great and powerful you really are!

In January 26, the verse is the following:

Acts 4:27-28

Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together with the gentiles and the people of Israel in this city to conspire against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed. They did what your power and will had decided beforehand should happen.

she states the following afterwards,

Suppose God the Father had taken the view many modern Christians take- the view that says that anything satan wants must be bad for God's people? It's the same view that implies that if satan wants one thing to happen, God must want the exact opposite to happen. The result? God would have canceled the crucifixion. If God had done that, none of us would be saved!

Well, The One who is in us, is still greater than he who is in the world, no?

That prayer is so applicable! despite the fact that satan and his minions meet, conspire, and may carry out their evil threats, the one who is in us is still on the throne!

Herod and Pilate met, sure, but the one who is on the throne, The Almighty knows! God has a plan beloved. Let's keep our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith.

satan is defeated, he plans, sneaks around actually, seeking to devour many, but God is aware and He has allowed it for a time..............

So, my answer to these people, has always been the same, "It is only going to get worse" and then I ask them if they have heard about the events that The Book of Revelation depict as impending? Then I rub it in and tell them that I know where I am going, because my Savior is preparing a place for me! They can have the same assurance.....this opens the passage way to the Gospel, of all things!

BTW, are you all aware that team members of Biola University, here in Southern California, visited the LDS temple? and are attempting to witness to these mormons?

In my opinion, they are using the same approach that Jesus did, He sat down and ate with sinners and tax collectors.

Dr. H, from Biola, has been attacked mercilessly, and that by some persons who call themselves evangelicals. Go figure???

Doesn't the Bible say that we should find some ground with all men, in order to reach them for Christ?

UUUgggghhhhhhhhh!

Muslims and Catholics Meet

Can it be that these meetings between Catholics and Muslims are part of God's plan for the last days, a pruning and reshaping of the world so that those who are diligently seeking spiritual truth per Hebrews 11:6 will be brought into the Kingdom?

"For without faith, it is impossible to please God because whoever would find Him must first believe that He exists and that He rewards those who seek Him diligently." (Heb 11:6)

""The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He will reign forever and ever." (Rev 11:15)\

SLE

Last edited:
A major concern for me is that their holy book condemns us. I know the majority of you have heard about jihad and stuff like that. Basically theiir holy book says that they should not talk to us or have anything to do with Christians and that basically they should not hesitate on putting their life on the line to destroy us.

This worries me maybe I am a little uneducated about this all but it really does concern me. There is ONE God that is the Christian God to simply work with Muslims to bring peace. I don't agree with this. After all, we would have to come to a common ground with them. They would never accept Jesus and if we accept them not accepting Jesus we are letting our brothers and sisters suffer for eternity in hell. This makes no sense to me

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
Administrator
Staff Member
This event is no way could possibly be a positive thing. I know this might sound absurd, but think about (and read the Word too, especially Revelations). Common ground between ani-christ (Muslims) and Christains (followers of the One true GOD)? I don't think so.

Jesus and Satan have nothing in common, neither do the works of the Holy Spirit and the works of the devil. No common thing at all.

These muslims will likely try to do anything deceitful and persuasive to edify their own agenda, not those for the good of this earth's people in general. What business do they have with what we believe and vice versa anyway? For what purpose do they need to seek common ground? They should be seeking within their own hearts and minds why they kill innocent people for not believing in THEIR ludicrous religion. And they need to seek a common ground? They should look at the blood they shed on the ground they walk on first before seeking anything else.

I speak from family experiences, so don't mock my words and feelings here. I'm being honest.

The easiest and most rightful thing to do is pray the Father's will be done. You cannot top off that Christ-like action, and desire.

For what purpose do they need to seek common ground? They should be seeking within their own hearts and minds why they kill innocent people for not believing in THEIR ludicrous religion. And they need to seek a common ground? They should look at the blood they shed on the ground they walk on first before seeking anything else.

Totally agree with you here Chad. I also see this as very, very dangerous when their holy book speaks of killing Christians etc I think this could be very dangerous for us and I think we are going places we shouldn't be going. Instead of meeting with them and finding common ground, we should be praying for them and trying to show them the true and only way.

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes

Hi all, JESUS INCLUDES EVERYBODY IN HIS CIRCLE OF LOVE AND HE EXCLUDES NOBODY. HE INCLUDES EVERYBODY AND THERE'S NOBODY THAT HE EXCLUDES. AS A MATTER OF FACT, IF HE SEES ANYONE BEING EXCLUDED, HE GOES OUT OF HIS WAY TO INCLUDE THEM BECAUSE WHEN WE EXCLUDE PEOPLE, WHICH IS KIND OF A SILENT FORM OF REJECTION, THEY FEEL IT. NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF A FACE WE PUT ON IT, THEY FEEL IT. IF THERE'S ANYTHING THAT PEOPLE NEED, THEY NEED ACCEPTANCE. THEY DON'T NEED REJECTION, THEY NEED ACCEPTANCE. NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF A PERSON THEY ARE, NO MATTER WHAT THEY'VE DONE OR WHERE THEY'VE COME FROM, THE ONLY THING THAT'S GOING TO BRING HEALING INTO PEOPLE'S LIVES, THE ONLY THING THAT'S EVER GOING TO MAKE THEM ACT ANY BETTER IS LOVE, LOVE. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT HOW WE TREAT PEOPLE. WE STILL HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE PHARISEE-SPIRIT THAT JESUS TALKED ABOUT IN HIS DAY. WE STILL HAVE OUR STANDARDS FOR HOW PEOPLE HAVE TO BE TO COME INTO OUR CHURCH AND FELLOWSHIP WITH US AND BE INCLUDED IN OUR CIRCLE. WE DON'T LIKE TO THINK THIS... GOD'S WAY IS DIFFERENT FROM US! MATT24:36 No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son but only the Father. I WILL CONTINUE LATER IF U DONT MIND...

There is a very eye opening book about Islam that I highley recommend. It is called Islam and Terrorism by Mark A Gabriel. It is partly his story from being a prominant muslim scholar and teacher to converting to Christianity. It is an AMAZING story.

He also talks about the roots of Islam, some Islamic history, Jihad and why we are seeing Islamic terrorism today. I was is very disturbing to really understand the dark side of Islam and its true goals.

More on topic though, this meeting at first glance this may seem like a good thing. If it would keep muslims from killing Christians and all others isn't that a good thing? But when I think about what I learned in this book it is kind of scary.

According Mark Gabriels book Islams ultimate goal is world domination for lack of a better phrase. They accomplish this in two ways if I remember correctly. The first being through peacefull passive means such as the fact that Saudi Arabia funds something like 80% of the mosques in the U.S.. Or quite possibly through some sort of peace agreement with the Catholic church????? When the first option doesn't work they resort to more violent means which is fully supported by their holy koran.

Not quite sure what you are trying to say estr. It is one thing to accept someone for who they are and another thing to accept thier religion which is contrary to truth.

Tim

Common Ground

This is without doubt, a place where God's word is definitely speaking.

I read my devotional this morning.....and this is what I read:

This is from the Insights For Living website, a ministry of Intouch.Org.
A Charles Stanley Ministry.

January 28, 2008
Living Clean in a Contaminated World
2 Corinthians 6:14 – 7:1

When Satan was cast down from heaven, he was given dominion over earth for a period of time. Known as the father of lies (John 8:44), he opposes anything related to the Lord. Because we are all made in God's image, the Enemy seeks to thwart us. Under his rule, our world has become morally and spiritually contaminated.

We come into the world physically alive but spiritually dead and in rebellion against the Lord (Ephesians 2:1-2). Yet by trusting Jesus as our Savior, we receive a new nature and are adopted into God's family. Before salvation, man is enslaved to sin and unable to free himself. But through the Holy Spirit, believers have the power to say no to wrongdoing and yes to godliness (Titus 2:12).

Because of our new identity as children of God, we can't let ourselves become bound together intimately with unbelievers--we no longer share the same nature or purpose. Followers of Jesus are called to serve as His ambassadors, spreading knowledge of the Savior and living righteous lives. We're to put aside our own desires and instead embrace His. In addition, we must admit when we've sinned and then seek His forgiveness. And of course, we worship the heavenly Father through His Son. These concepts are foreign to someone who doesn't belong to Christ.

We are wise to choose as our most intimate friends and trusted advisors those who have received Jesus Christ as their Savior. How beneficial it is to receive counsel based on Scripture and to have role models who point us toward the Son.
End of quote.

I am once again reminded how the theologians/professors of Biola University are meeting with Mormons. In no way would I agree with Mormon doctrine. I simply think that these professors are trying to reach some of them and save them, as from the fire.

These Catholics and Muslims are meeting. Do any of them carry the truth? Some Catholics would argue that they in fact are the ones who do. The same would be said of the Muslims. But in reality, we know that our God is truth, His word is truth.

These two religious groups meet and plan and attempt to have their will be done, yet it is not up to them. Men may plan, but we know that The Lord's will alone prevails. God's will has already been written. He has asked us to go and tell. That some of them may be saved.

Would God be honored if a Muslim man came to faith? A resounding yes should follow. If these catholics fail to present the word of God in truth, then God will judge them. It is up to me to "Go" and tell the nations, that they may come to know our Christ, Risen Lord, and Savior. God will hold us accountable for what we did or did not do.

If something should come out of this meeting that they are having.....I will know for sure that God has allowed it. Only He in His infinite knowledge knows what will come of it.

God be Magnified and Honored in our lives now and always!

Last edited:
Common Ground?

I see the rise of homosexuality and the rise of Islam as a clock by which I measure the time until the end. It can't be far off really, as Islam seeks to dominate the whole world. But from the book of Revelation we know that the western economy will still be going strong until God pours out His judgment upon the world.

The anitchrist will not regard the desires of women, and ten kings will rise up to destroy the western economy, and nobody hates the west more than the Islamics.

The Quran calls allah the greatest of all deceivers, and I expect that these Islamics will sit across the table from the Catholics and lie through their teeth. There can be no common ground, as light has no fellowship with darkness. Islam is the darkness of hell.

I live in a Muslim country and I'm telling you, don't worry, they can't harm us, no one can, God doesn't sleep, He is awake so we can sleep.
Whoever touches us, touches His eye iris!

God's Word says that ″And the ten horns which you saw, and the beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her desolate and naked, and will eat her flesh and will burn her up with fire. For God has put it in their hearts to execute His purpose by having a common purpose, and by giving their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God will be fulfilled. The woman whom you saw is the great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.” Revelation 17:16-18 If the Vatican is the ***** & the beast is Islam, this would mean that Muslims will eventually betray the Pope & most probably destroy the Vatican (city of 7 hills). We know by now what Muslims are capable of doing. All it'd take is a few Muslims strapped with bombs and detonate simultaneously in various parts of the that city fulfilling this way Revelation and the judgment of her that is drunk with blood of saints.

Paul said "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12

I have heard many reports of muslims turning to Christ recently, in countries hostile to Christianity such as Iran. This is how we should do battle, with the full armor of God, the sword of the Spirit, and compassion for our fellow human beings by bringing the truth to light in the dark corners of the world where they live.

we should pray

glory to jesus christ
i definately agree praying for those who seek the kingdom of GOd.we should ask the holy sprit if it is GOD's will, the kingdom of GOd can't be one with the kingdom of satan. they don't even belive jesus is the son of GOD . jesus said he is the way and life and no one can see GOd unless through jesus christ. we will never be one, if you all think we will be one i don't think we will. the revelation didn't talk about our being together and every one should be aware that satan try to misslead even those who belive in jesus christ . so please pray and ask jesus to give you patience and always be hangry for his word and sprit . that is the only ways we can be his childrens and got our hope, but we shouldn't hate no one . we have enemy that is davil and his kingdom,but GOD is love and he want us to love our neigbours whatever there religion is, so love them may be one day they will realize jesus is the way and life.

bless you every one

Mystery

God's Word says that ″And the ten horns which you saw, and the beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her desolate and naked, and will eat her flesh and will burn her up with fire. For God has put it in their hearts to execute His purpose by having a common purpose, and by giving their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God will be fulfilled. The woman whom you saw is the great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.” Revelation 17:16-18 If the Vatican is the ***** & the beast is Islam, this would mean that Muslims will eventually betray the Pope & most probably destroy the Vatican (city of 7 hills). We know by now what Muslims are capable of doing. All it'd take is a few Muslims strapped with bombs and detonate simultaneously in various parts of the that city fulfilling this way Revelation and the judgment of her that is drunk with blood of saints.

This looking to the Catholic church as being the ***** of Babylon is too narrow a focus. (No, I am not a Catholic, and never will be) The Catholic church does not rule over the kings of the earth and she does not control the world economy. The kings of the earth who do control the world economy do not regard the Catholic church as having any relevance at all. The greek word OPH is translated "hills" in some of the modern translations. This is a deliberate mistranslation, as the word should be translated "mountains". The ***** sits on seven "mountains", not hills, and therefore she is sitting on seven nations, not hills. The word mountains is a biblical symbol for nations, as the word star in the bible often represents angels. The Catholic church does not have the financial or political punch to be even a remote contender for the title of "Babylon the Great".

Prayer

Let us not condemn our brothers who are also the seed of Abraham.This
must be God"s plans.Let us all Prayer to our Heavenly father for this meeting that everything will work according to his plans.

Heavenly Father let you will be done