• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Music Samples

Administrator
Staff Member
Anyone know of any professional quality music software that allows me to professionally record music onto my computer? I also need samples (drumbeats, piano/keyboards, etc). I need to be able to overdub mainly.

thanks!

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Chad said:
Anyone know of any professional quality music software that allows me to professionally record music onto my computer? I also need samples (drumbeats, piano/keyboards, etc). I need to be able to overdub mainly.

thanks!

Hi, Chad!

Tim Coffman, Rolltop Music. He is a faithful brother in the Lord. If it can be done he knows how to do it. He worked with artists such as Sandi Patty, Michael W. Smith, etc. His heart is to help new Christian music artists. He founded the Christian Music Association.

If you look him up tell him that "Sylvia" gave you his information. He is on the cutting edge. Most importantly he is faithful in his walk in the music industry. I have known him for about 18 years.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited:
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Chad said:

thanks!

Hi, Chad!

Have you heard of George Collichio, he is famous in New York? Tim Coffman was his producer.

I have Tim's contact information. Let me know.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited:
MTV music generator for the ps2 has some pretty sweet sounds on it.Takes a while to master but the affects are awesome.Ive used it do some backing tracks and there pretty good quality.Havent tried running it through the usb port yet to see if it works on the comp though?

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

sparky said:
MTV music generator for the ps2 has some pretty sweet sounds on it.Takes a while to master but the affects are awesome.Ive used it do some backing tracks and there pretty good quality.Havent tried running it through the usb port yet to see if it works on the comp though?

Hi, Sparky!

I did know that you are a musician. Praise God. I would love to hear your work. Have you recorded anything?

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited:
Bless you burgeon!Im afraid its all very much of an amateur affair.Ive been in a couple of rocknroll bands(drums and bass)and just do a bit of home recording for my own amusement.Alas my drums went to the pawn shop and my guitars are collecting dust.Im afraid no-one hears my music except me,im a terrible perfectionist and shudder every time i hear that ive hit a bum note-lol.

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Hi, Sparky!

I bet you are pretty good. I pray that you don't let the drums go!

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited:
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Chad said:

thanks!

Hi, Chad!

What is your music background? What is it that you are trying to accomplish?

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
Ok let me tell you about my little song.

GOD gave me a beautiful song on guitar. I come from a hard rock, pounding in your face kind of music (fav band guns n' roses for example, since I was 8 yrs old). I'm all about loud, energetic, raw and honest music. Its my ideal flavor. I've been playing guitar for 14 yrs now (but honestly, not even close to 'professional' as a truly dedicated guitarist would be after that much time).

So, many years ago (as far as almost 10yrs ago) I had this secular song, a complilation of bits and pieces of guitar parts I wrote. I was not saved back then and these things were inspired by getting high and the typical whining about life (in musical form not lyrics). However, years go by - got saved amen - GOD transformed that same song into a Holy Spirit transpired tune. This is still 100% guitar, completely solo on guitar yet very beautiful and very long - 15 minutes long.

The song is called "The Last Tempation" slightly inspired by the song from The Passion of the Christ. Its amazing. The song was called "dreams and nightmares" before I got saved. Now, GOD took what was originally inspired by bad/lost into a totally praise to GOD kind of song. I'm so very happy about it.

The rundown:
  • Approximately 15 minutes long
  • 10 yrs old (song date) modified naturally over the years, by GOD
  • 100% solo on guitar
  • very emotionally moving, completely theatric to the Last Temptation of Christ
  • My Dream: turn it into an animated musical movie of the Last Temptation. I refuse to die before this is done
Once I record this, you will completely understand the power of GOD's gift and the whole Last Tempation's musical / theatrical theme. I can take each tiny part and relate it to something about GOD, this being the theatrical part. Its so amazing and I wish to do this for GOD so much. Its so powerful that I believe those lost who listen may be touched deep enough by the Holy Spirit and at least become "curious about GOD" if not saved. I believe some may even cry at least by watching the musical short film backed by the music itself.

A hint for fun:

The theatrical theme I mentioned above and how each note practically (almost literally each note believe it or not) is a theme part of the last temptation and also GOD's grace, wrath and everything in between relating to Christ's personality is very true. For fun, I will tell you in a theme line rundown how the parts go...

Part 1:
starts off creepy, dark (not secular dark but nightime in woods dark, Gethsemane plot). Jesus is tempted

Part 2:
blending in from part 1, this becomes a rock opera, slow ballad, cry for help mood. Jesus cries to our Father GOD in Heaven during tempation

Part 3:
Jesus defeats the tempation

Part 4:
blending in from part 3, this part gets faster, some suspense mood. Jesus is arrested and taken away.

Part 5:
Mother Mary and Mary Magdelene, everyone close to Jesus (disciples) begin to cry.

Part 6:
this is a mix/transition between 5/6 going back and forth a few times. This part is true suspense, edge of chair style. Jesus is beaten and mocked by the Jews, persecutation to its max.

Part 7:
End of Jesus' persecution. Before the Crucifixion

Part 8:
More suspense builds up, the kind that could make you tremble (sort of like an actually honest horror movie's climax suspense part). The beginning of the Crucifixion. Jesus is in agony, dragging the Cross along.

Part 9:
Jesus is nailed on the Cross

Part 10:
Cries (those who love Jesus witnessing Him on the Cross), mocking (Persecuters), forgiveness (Jesus while dying). This is the ultimate climax of the song's suspense. A rapid mix of the above in an adrenalized but emotional guitar solo that just about speaks for itself musically, words.

Part 11:
A quick transformation back to acoustic sounding, from part 10. This is the emotional calm return to quietness. Jesus dies on the Cross

Part 12:
The grace of GOD given to all who believe what Jesus Christ just done all along before Part 12. Amen, amen and amen. His grace now rains on us like a beautiful rainbow from the sky - a symbol of His love, grace and awesomeness.

So what do you think? I think this:

Thank you Father for this song
Thank you Jesus for making me strong!

Last edited by a moderator:
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Chad:

I think your project sounds wonderful. Thank you for sharing your heart. It is obvious to me that the Lord is with you.

"Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry." (2 Timothy 4:2-6, NKJ)

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited: