• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Multiple trials

All my friends here...I want you to know you have come to mean so much to me & I truly thank God for the opportunity to lift you up in prayer. I am now asking the same for myself. I know satan is trying harder as times nears the end for him - I recognize that is where our battles are from. But I am getting so weary.

Lately we are being hit in so many areas. Please bear with me as I list some of them. I do this not to gossip, but to identify the areas the enemy is trying to hoard in on in our lives.
Our church family - in the last 2 months it seems as if we have been targeted. Our leadership is demonstrating ungodly behavior & there has even been some encouragement by the youth leaders toward the youth that they need to be making their own decisions. I take that as encouraging disobedience - it has even been where parents have been bypassed entirely. We've made attempts to discuss it with the pastor & it is still in the discussion process, but he has not removed anyone from their positions despite the problems.

Our family - communication is taking a beating & I feel that my 16 year old & I battle daily. We have very little patience with one another. Also, my son in Germany should be coming home in December, but the army says they may extend him & send him back to Iraq for a year or two more.

Our finances - murphy has moved in. The latest thing is that our pest control company is coming tomorrow to check the damage extension of the termites we found. Things keep breaking...I've lost count. My husband works very long hours & his company does not pay their supervisors overtime. His raise was supposed to cover that, but it was so small it didn't even touch it.

Outside relationships/extended family - everyone seems to be on edge & just feels that we should be dumped on verbally.

Insurance - our insurance has not only stopped paying several things, they are demanding money back for the physicans they have paid.

Now, we've addressed those issues we can address. Made formal complaints where applicable & just stopped being in the company of people we can avoid who are not pleasant with us. We have annointed our home, appliances & checkbook & prayed the Blood of Jesus to cover us.

I just need help with this load. We are so tired. I know this is long & I'm sorry. Thanks so much ahead of time for your prayers.

Thanks Guys. Glory to God, that was an incredible prayer...full of anointing. I felt you were here with me holding my hand. I was definitely strengthened by it. Just knowing that I have saints praying has made the load seem lighter. I wonder sometimes why we wait so long to bring our needs before one another? Father, please forgive me for any pride that I have entertained by carrying these burdens alone for a while....thank You for Your lesson so graciously given.

Sapphire . My family and I will be in prayer for you . We love you and understand your trials as do others here at talkjesus . GBU .. :love: :boy_hug: Mike

Sapphire there is a song I have sang over and over, thru the darkest of days, I have sang it with tears falling down my cheeks, and the presence of God enveloping me like a blanket...and I felt to share its message with you, for I began to hum it just now when I read your request...

In and out of situations,
That tug-of-war at me
All day long I struggle
For answers that I need
But then I come into His presence,
All my questions become clear
And for a sacred moment,
No doubt can interfere

In the presence of Jehovah,
God Almighty, Prince of Peace
Troubles vanish, hearts are mended,
In the presence of The King

Through His love the Lord provided,
A place for us to rest
A place to find the answers,
In hours of distress
Now there is never any reason,
To give up in despair
Just look away and breathe His name,
He will come and meet you there

Glory to God I can feel His presence now, let His power and strength fill your spirit to overflowing sister! :love:

Struggling Warrior,
Be of good comfort. This load was not meant for you to bear alone. Our Father in heaven is the great burden bearer. He is touched by all the things that concern you. As you lay this burden at the cross my the Lord strenthen and comfort you. In all things we are more than conquerors! Remember that the enemy is a lier and would like nothing more than to weigh you down with burdens from every side. Sing praises to the Lord for he is good and his mercy endures forever. Paul and Silas sung in the dungen and God blew the doors of that prison clean off!! The devil gets real confused when we praise God in the midst of our trials. And since my favorite past time is giving the devil a headache, I will rejoice with you!!
Father in Jesus name we take authority over these circumstances in the name of your son Jesus. Let him who stole, steel no more! I bind all the devices of the enemy that are coming against my sister and her family. Every spirit of division, poverty, lack and oppression, and I loose the favor of God, the spirit of unity, the outpouring of supernatural provision, vindication from unjust circumstances. We sing in the midnight hour at the awsome love that you bestow upon your children. You are a God of more than enough, not just enough to get by. We are the children of the most high God, heirs to the kingdom of our God! Nothing is impossible to us. I thank you Father, in advance for the victory you are giving to this family.
In Jesus Name... Amen!

What awesome prayers, Guys. Thanks so much. I will say that in some areas, I am seeing breakthroughs & in others....the fight intenses. Waves of distress keep washing over me, but I know God is in control!!! None of this is without purpose & none of this will fail to produce good fruits with God working things out.

Your prayers strengthen me so....you guys have become my family & I look so forward to my visits with you. Thank You Father for Your awesome provisions!!!!!!!!

Administrator
Staff Member
God bless you sister don't worry about nothing! This life is temporary but regardless GOD is there always with you. Always keep that in mind " GOD is with me, who can be agianst me?". Amen!

Thanks so much guys for all your faithful prayers. I have to tell you about this weekend. It started out ok, then my husband & I got into an argument that went very BAD. All communication was twisted - many horrible things said on both sides.

Last nite...we tried to talk again. My husband said he has questioned his relationship with God for some time. He has felt himself slipping away into old habits (bad attitude, bad language) & the effect had been trickling down to the rest of our family. Our church situation was only worsening things - our pastor has been speaking with a very condemning nature; rigid in his beliefs & not all scriptural. That has only fed the enemy.

Anyway, we got down on our knees together & prayed for forgiveness. We then prayed for each other & asked forgiveness of each other. Hallelujah!!!!

We discussed our priorities & what we needed to focus on: God first, family, church, jobs, outside obligations. We discussed what we needed to change (maybe another church) & what we needed to be patient on changing (moving, renovations).

It could not have happened without prayer. You guys are so great!! I just love you all. I could not go to my family or my church family with these needs, but I was able to come here & know I would be lifted up.

Our son is still being hurt by our church...please keep praying in that area. We are not leaving him there to be hurt, but the things that have happened are very painful & lasting. It saddens me so to see "christians" hurt each other so ruthlessly.

I praise God for victory & know He is not finished!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys...another update here. Our family is stronger than it has ever been. Our finances are looking up, extended family situations have quietened down. Our church situation is still a work in progress & that is why I am writing tonite.

I am scheduled to have a meeting at 2pm central time tomorrow with our pastor. My husband is working very long hours & in no way can attend, but a lovely couple from church has offered to go with me. In fact, they asked to.

Our pastor has been ignoring things as far as talking with people. He only issues a new listing of rules each time someone questions something. The people are still in leadership who have done questionable things (lying, gossiping, causing dissension & attempting to split the church). My meeting is to attempt to get answers to some questions I asked over 2 months ago. My son's character was attacked by the lies told on him by his Wednesday night Bible study teacher. I have basically been accused of theft & I am determined to clear that up.

Anyway, if you would please be in prayer tomorrow that God will lead this meeting & that He will be glorified & the Truth will come out. And maybe that I will be meek & calm would be a good idea too....:)

Sapphire said:
Hi Guys...another update here. Our family is stronger than it has ever been. Our finances are looking up, extended family situations have quietened down. Our church situation is still a work in progress & that is why I am writing tonite.

I am scheduled to have a meeting at 2pm central time tomorrow with our pastor. My husband is working very long hours & in no way can attend, but a lovely couple from church has offered to go with me. In fact, they asked to.

Our pastor has been ignoring things as far as talking with people. He only issues a new listing of rules each time someone questions something. The people are still in leadership who have done questionable things (lying, gossiping, causing dissension & attempting to split the church). My meeting is to attempt to get answers to some questions I asked over 2 months ago. My son's character was attacked by the lies told on him by his Wednesday night Bible study teacher. I have basically been accused of theft & I am determined to clear that up.

Anyway, if you would please be in prayer tomorrow that God will lead this meeting & that He will be glorified & the Truth will come out. And maybe that I will be meek & calm would be a good idea too....:)

Sister this is definitely a trial, and as far as i can see.. it is on your faith and love. Satan has been working overtime on Gods people: Why? im not sure yet, but im seeing a lot of saints being tried. You will have to spend this one on your knees in prayer Sister, pray hard for your husband for more faith. The enemy knows if he can bring him down he will have a heyday with all of you...we need to recodnize who the real enemy is, sometimes we blame one another for whats happening. We are not to be ignorant of Satans devices. But thanks be to God who will give us the victory trough his son Jesus Christ.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Also read Today's Verse...and apply it to your life...

Ill be praying for your family and situation Sister. :love:

God bless you

Sapphire....

The difficult decision is to preserve your family over any loyalty to a certain "church".

The enemies aim is to split up the family.

I pray that GOD preserves your family.

Dave :^)

Thanks everyone...I truly knew today that you guys had been praying. The meeting went well - I really appreciated that the pastor was so well prepared. He had printed my emails to him & highlighted what he wanted to discuss (I had done the same thing!!). I also appreciated that he didn't just be a "yes" person. We had some points we did not agree on & just had to move on from there.

I feel relieved that I was open & honest with him & everything was finally out in the open. We don't know what we will do from here as far as attending church - God may move us elsewhere or may put it upon our hearts to stay there. We will just see what He does.

I know this was a spiritual battle...I am so exhausted right now that I feel I could sleep for hours on end. I noticed in another thread that there was mention of satan attacking us even in our sleep & our dreams. I have had that happen for several nights. He's trying to wear us down, but God's children keep standing!!!

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will pray for you and your family Sapphire . If you need anything give Mary and I a call/im . Mike

Thanks so much Brotherinarms. You guys have helped me so much & I enjoy my conversations with Mary. I know my strength comes from God, but He gives us one another to hold each other up at times. I praise Him for my family here. I love all you guys so much!!

Hi guys, I just wanted to let you know how things are going & what God has been revealing in our lives. First, we are officially finished with our church. Unless God moves us back there in the future. My husband & son went last Sunday & when he came home, he said he felt released.

I felt God put in my spirit that He entrusted us with our child & called us to protect him & separate him from the things of the world. Now, when the things of the world are coming from the church leadership with no changes in site...it's time to separate.

Once the decision was made, I felt so much lighter. I have been able to concentrate on prayer, scripture & just serving God by serving my family. I have announced to friends that I am starting a Bible Study this week & have been praying as to where God will send us to worship Him.

It's truly a shame that our churches have become what they have & that our pastors are so easily caught up in pride. I do pray for them, but the pain will remain for a while.

Tomorrow we are visiting a small church we have visited once before. I am excited about it...not sure that is where God wants us to go all the time, but that answer will come in time. Thanks for your prayers.

:love: & :rose: for you Sapphire !! I read through most of what you had been going through ... it seems that Satan always throws things at us when you least expect it ... I am one who has had a lot of things thrown at my so I will continue to keep you in prayer !!