• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Multiple Instances of the Same Thing

Loyal
Multiple Instances of the Same Thing

When we usually think of a “single event” we do not normally think that a single event as happening more than once, or having multiple instances of that one event. This is normal in the realm of the Spirit. There is nothing unusual about a single event happening over a period of time here on earth. If we remove the time element, than this single event happened immediately like it would have been in eternity where time does not exist!!
A spiritually minded person understands this as something not uncommon.

For instance, when the Bible says, “...there is ONE Baptism...” (Eph 4:5) We know there is more than one baptism spoken of in scripture. There is baptism in water, baptized by one Spirit into one body, and there is the baptism in the Holy Spirit. All three of these are separate, yet they are considered multiple instances of this ONE baptism.

Scripture also reveals us that there is only ONE God, but we know through scripture that there are multiple instances of this ONE God. God is known as God the Father, God the Son, and also known as God the Holy Spirit. These beings are ONE God, but they are multiple instances of one God.

When the Bible talks about the “RESURRECTION” it is referring to just “ONE” resurrection, but most believers do not know that there are three separate instances of this one resurrection!!!
Jesus said, “I am the resurrection, and the life” (John 11:25) When Jesus was raised from the dead, we also were raised with him, and right now, right this second, we are sitting in Heavenly places in Jesus Christ!!! (Eph 2:5-6) If we are not experiencing this in our life, it is only because we do not believe it!!!
Do you know why the bible says we are to live our lives as those that are alive from the dead? Because we really are!!! (Romans 6:13)

No one can experience what they do not believe, no matter how long they have been saved!!!

There is also the “rapture”, or “catching away” of the Church along with the resurrection of the dead who have died physically. Our spirit was raised with Jesus in his resurrection, and now we are waiting to know the “redemption” of our bodies. (Romans 8:23) The word, “dead” means “corpse” which is our body!!! As it is written, “...if Christ be in you, then your body is dead because of sin....” (Romans 8:10)

This resurrection of our body is part of the MULTIPLE INSTANCE of this “ONE” resurrection!!!
But, there is one more resurrection of the righteous found in the book of Revelations, and it is found at the end of the second coming of Jesus along with ALL his saints!!! It is the resurrection of the tribulation saints who will die for their belief. (Revelation 20: 4-6) From God's point of view this is only one resurrection, but it is made up of three separate instances of this one resurrection!!! This one resurrection began at the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead two thousand years ago!!!!

The Bible also tells us that there is only ONE “Faith”!!! (Eph 4:5) Even though there is only one faith, there are multiple instances of that one faith. For example, a believer can have faith in their salvation, but have “ZERO” faith when it comes to healing for their body. If there was only one faith as the logical carnal minded person would think it is, then all we would have to do, is roll over our salvation faith so our body could be healed!!! That does not work, never has, and never will!!! There was person in the New Testament who had faith, and unbelief all at the same time.

Mar 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
Mar 9:24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, LORD, I BELIEVE; HELP THOU MINE UNBELIEF.

This man had no problem believing (having faith) Jesus to be Lord, but he had zero faith for the healing of his son.

The Lord said to me several years ago while I was mediating on this. The Lord said, “Faith is very specific to the promise from where it comes.” What does that men? It means if we need healing for our body, then we must find the promises in the Word of God that tell us that, and then begin to confess them so we can believe what they promise!! No body opens up the bible, and reads it and says I believe this with out first confessing it so that faith comes by hearing the Word so we can actually believe it!! Healing faith, and saving faith all come from the “ONE Faith”, but they are multiple instances of that one faith. Every promise contained within the scriptures brings with it, it's own separate faith to bring that promise to pass as a instance of that one faith!!!

Loyal
The Bible also tells us that there is only ONE “Faith”!!! (Eph 4:5) Even though there is only one faith, there are multiple instances of that one faith. For example, a believer can have faith in their salvation, but have “ZERO” faith when it comes to healing for their body. If there was only one faith as the logical carnal minded person would think it is, then all we would have to do, is roll over our salvation faith so our body could be healed!!! That does not work, never has, and never will!!! There was person in the New Testament who had faith, and unbelief all at the same time.

Greetings Curtis,
Its not different types of faith but different levels of faith.
Another words different growths of faith.

Scripture says we are given the measure of faith.
What we do with it is up to us.

As we feed our Spirit man our Faith will grow. Then our Faith is able to over ride any doubt.

It's the same faith whether it's developed in all areas or not.
Blessings
W4J

Loyal
@Curtis Greetings,

Let me show you what I mean this way.

SAY you can pick up 25 lbs with one arm with no problem.
But 125 lbs you struggle but can't lift it with that arm.

So if you want to pick up that 125 lbs with that one arm bad enough then you will do something about it.

You will feed the arm and work out that arm and build it up until it's developed enough to pick up that same 125 lbs with that same arm.

You don't have one arm for 25 lbs and another arm for 125 and yet another arm for 150 lbs.
No its the same arm but it has been Developed More.

It's the same with Faith .
Undeveloped and Developed
Blessings
W4F

Loyal
@Curtis Greetings,

Let me show you what I mean this way.

SAY you can pick up 25 lbs with one arm with no problem.
But 125 lbs you struggle but can't lift it with that arm.

So if you want to pick up that 125 lbs with that one arm bad enough then you will do something about it.

You will feed the arm and work out that arm and build it up until it's developed enough to pick up that same 125 lbs with that same arm.

You don't have one arm for 25 lbs and another arm for 125 and yet another arm for 150 lbs.
No its the same arm but it has been Developed More.

It's the same with Faith .
Undeveloped and Developed
Blessings
W4F
Let's just pretend that faith grows from a weaker state to stronger state. When I heard the gospel of my salvation faith came. I am now born again. Now that after 40 years my faith has increased a lot. Does that mean I am more saved today then I was when I first got saved because my faith has increased?

Last edited by a moderator:
Loyal
Let's just pretend that faith grows from a weaker state to stronger state. When I heard the gospel of my salvation faith came. I am now born again. Now that after 40 years my faith has increased a lot. Does that mean I am more saved today then I was when I first got saved because my faith has icreased?

Brother Curtis,
Have you ever noticed scripture says "If You Believe AND Don't Doubt In Your Heart" ?

So if scripture says if you don't doubt in your heart when you believe then it's possible to believe with your mind and doubt with your heart.
That would be undeveloped Faith.

Let's establish the heart.
Any time scripture mentions heart it is not talking about the blood pumping organ - unless stated.

Heart means core which is your Spirit Being.
So scripture says if you don't doubt in your Spirt.

Two examples. ..
1. Head faith only. Undeveloped Faith
You begin to stand and as persecution and pressure comes which brings doubt and unbelief. .... the heart or spirit man begins to waver and doubt and question.

This undeveloped Faith can't stand. The Spirit man is weak and there is no rooted word of God to rise up and fight or stand.

2. Heart Faith.....Developed Faith
This time when persecution and pressure comes the heart has rooted word of God and Developed Faith arises and fights the good fight of faith and is able to stand.

Now this person who has developed faith is able to catch the thoughts the enemy sends and cast them out and refusing to allow doubt and unbelief to enter into their heart or spirit man.

Now Brother Curtis I know you well enough to know you were not really looking for an answer to your question but rather simply trying to make what I had said of no value. Big Hug brother because that's OK.

Blessings
W4F

Loyal
Brother Curtis,
Have you ever noticed scripture says "If You Believe AND Don't Doubt In Your Heart" ?

So if scripture says if you don't doubt in your heart when you believe then it's possible to believe with your mind and doubt with your heart.
That would be undeveloped Faith.

Let's establish the heart.
Any time scripture mentions heart it is not talking about the blood pumping organ - unless stated.

Heart means core which is your Spirit Being.
So scripture says if you don't doubt in your Spirt.

Two examples. ..
1. Head faith only. Undeveloped Faith
You begin to stand and as persecution and pressure comes which brings doubt and unbelief. .... the heart or spirit man begins to waver and doubt and question.

This undeveloped Faith can't stand. The Spirit man is weak and there is no rooted word of God to rise up and fight or stand.

2. Heart Faith.....Developed Faith
This time when persecution and pressure comes the heart has rooted word of God and Developed Faith arises and fights the good fight of faith and is able to stand.

Now this person who has developed faith is able to catch the thoughts the enemy sends and cast them out and refusing to allow doubt and unbelief to enter into their heart or spirit man.

Now Brother Curtis I know you well enough to know you were not really looking for an answer to your question but rather simply trying to make what I had said of no value. Big Hug brother because that's OK.

Blessings
W4F
Brother as always we must look at scripture from what other scriptures say to get a full understanding of how faith works. How can any one have faith for anything unless they know what the will of God Is? Faith only comes by hearing the Word of God which tells us what God has given to us. As the scripture says, If we ask anything according to his will he hears us, and if we know he hears us then we know that we have the things we ask for. No one can ask in faith for anything until they know what the will of God is!! Which brings us to the conclusion faith does not grow in quality, it grows in quality as we grow in knowing what God has given to us in scripture.

Loyal
Knowing what God has promised us alone does not build faith.
Just because God has said yes that something is ours does not guarantee we will get it.

You can know what God promised and know He hears us and know His answer is yes and amen and still not get it.

Nothing just happens or rather the promises of God don't automatically happen in our life.

We must Access them and that means we will have to fight to obtain them.

Yes sometimes we get a healing instantly or God moves right now but for the most part you are gonna have to fight the good fight of faith.

Curtis first you say there are different types of faith as faith for salvation and another for healing and so on.

Then you post this as if you are simply trying to humor me and direct attention to what I said as if it's off the wall.
(Let's just pretend that faith grows from a weaker state to stronger state. When I heard the gospel of my salvation faith came. I am now born again. Now that after 40 years my faith has increased a lot. Does that mean I am more saved today then I was when I first got saved because my faith has icreased?)

Now you say.....
(Correction on my part. Faith does not grow in quality it grows in quanity.)

Try this....
A seed of faith (the measure of faith) is planted in each of us.

It's up to us to feed that seed and water that seed so it can grow.
Once we begin to developed our faith it becomes pure biblical mountain moving faith.

Scripture says Mathew 17:22
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

People claim Jesus said I only need little faith or say faith can't be built up and so forth.

Let me bring you some light on the mustard seed example.

Yes the mustard seed is the smallest seed and grows up mighty.
However it does not stop there.

The mustard seed is pure.
The mustard seed and or plant is the ONLY plant that Can Not Be Polluted or cross pollinated . It stays true to its seed. Always.

Our Faith must be as such a kind.
It must be pure without doubt, unbelief and wavering.

Faith can not reach this unless it has been built up and developed.
This way it can stand against our adversary the devil and stand until we take possession of the promised answer.

Just knowing this won't do a thing for you.

Blessings
FCJ

Loyal
Brother, I never said there are different types faith anywhere in my post. I said there are multiple instances of the one faith. Read it again. The bible never says you are going to get any of the promises some day, it says God has already given them to us, that's past tense not future tenses.If you think you are going to get them some day you then you are not believing by faith.
Your thinking that faith needs to grow in size and power is the exact same thing the Apostles thought in which Jesus had to correct. The apostles said, Lord increase our faith...Jesus said, If you had faith has a grain of mustard seed you might say....... Jesus used the smallest of all seeds to tell them that faith has nothing to do with its size or strength, it hast to whether you have faith or not, even the smallest seed of faith can move mountains, and pluck up trees. What if even mustered seed faith can move mountains would cheery pit faith move a bigger mountain?

Loyal
A man of little faith is the man who has faith in his salvation but no faith in other ares of his life. A man with great faith has faith not only in his salvation in many other areas of his life.

Loyal
The measure of faith has nothing to do with its it's strength, it has to do with how much of the Word of God you have in you. The more the Word, the more the faith one has. Faith does not grow, or increase in quality, it grows, and increases in quanity.

Loyal
Your Words

If there was only one faith as the logical carnal minded person would think it is, then all we would have to do, is roll over our salvation faith so our body could be healed!!! That does not work, never has, and never will!!!

Enjoy your day Brother.

Loyal
Your Words

If there was only one faith as the logical carnal minded person would think it is, then all we would have to do, is roll over our salvation faith so our body could be healed!!! That does not work, never has, and never will!!!

Enjoy your day Brother.
You still don't get it. There is only one faith, but there are multiple instances of that one faith. Is there only one God? There is only one God, but there are multiple instances of that one God in the form of God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The father is not the Son, and the Holy Spirit is not the Father!, but they are only one God. Salvation faith will never bring healing to any one even though it comes from the one faith. Only by finding the promise(s) that Jesus bore our sickness,s and other scriptures where by our faith comes from can anyone receiving healingr. This is basic Christianity 101.

Loyal
Your Words

Enjoy your day Brother.
The carnal believer thinks all you have to do is take your salvation faith that came by hearing the salvation message by which they were saved, and roll it over on to your body to bring healing, that never works!! All faith comes from each and every promise that brings it own faith to cause that promise to be realized in that person's life!! As Genesis teaches us seeds produce after their own kind.

Loyal
You still don't get it. There is only one faith, but there are multiple instances of that one faith. Is there only one God? There is only one God, but there are multiple instances of that one God in the form of God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The father is not the Son, and the Holy Spirit is not the Father!, but they are only one God. Salvation faith will never bring healing to any one even though it comes from the one faith. Only by finding the promise(s) that Jesus bore our sickness,s and other scriptures where by our faith comes from can anyone receiving healingr. This is basic Christianity 101.

Brother Curtis I do get it very well and forgive me here but the way you word things is the problem.

When some one says If there was only one faith as the logical carnal minded person would think it is, and then goes on changing what they mean it brings confusion into a post.

The measure of faith is the seed of faith God plants in a person.
Romans 12:3
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

We see here God gives each of us the measure of faith. It's the seed of faith He gives us all.
We how ever need to develop that faith by His written word.

Mustard seed faith is a pure unadulterated, unwavering Pure Faith.

This is why Jesus spoke this to them.
It was not more faith they needed but a Pure Faith.
Jesus said because of your doubt which would have NOT been a pure Faith.

Again have a blessed day.
I have she'd light in this and I really don't feel like going back and forth with you sir.

God Bless
W4F

Loyal
How can any Christian believe in something they don't know About? How do you suppose they are going to know about It? How can any Christian espierence the reality of any promise of God unless they find it in scripture and belive it. How can they belive it unless they know the scripture that gives them the faith to belive it?

This not making your faith stronger it is simply adding to ones faith in quantity not quality.

Loyal
Jesus said, “the sower soweth the Word.” (Mark4:14) One of the most, if not the most important parable in the Bible is the parable of the sower. Jesus said that if we did not understand this parable how can we understand any parable!!

Mar 4:13 And he said to them, “Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables? (ESV)

The Word of God is the seed that must be sown if we are to harvest it's crop!!! Faith comes by hearing the Word of God, and that faith which comes is the power that brings that seed to harvest. Seeds have a specific purpose, and they have a description of what they will produce. Farmers do not just plant any ole seeds, they plant seeds that have a description to them. If they want corn, then corn seeds must be planted.

The Word of God (seed) is no different. If we need healing, then we must sow healing seeds. We can not sow salvation, or any other kind of seeds, to get healing. Seeds are very specific in what they will produce, which means faith is very specific to the seed from where it comes from!!! This is why there is only ONE FAITH, but there are multiple “instances” of that ONE FAITH. Each and every promise contained in scripture bring with it its' own faith to cause that promise to be manifested in our lives.

I think what we do not really understand is that faith is a spirit, and that spirit of faith comes when he hears the Word of God!!!! The Apostle Paul said.......

2Co 4:13 Since we have the same SPIRIT OF FAITH according to what has been written, “I believed, and so I spoke,” we also believe, and so we also speak, (ESV)

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The reason why we would have the “spirit of faith” is because we speak the words (seed) of God, and that spirit of faith comes when he hears the Word (seed) of God. If we never speak the Word of God, then how can we ever place into God's hands the things we desire of him?

The Bible clearly tells us that if we “sow” to the spirit we shall of the spirit reap life everlasting, but if we sow to the flesh, we shall reap corruption.....

Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for WHATSOEVER A MAN SOWETH, THAT SHALL HE ALSO REAP.
Gal 6:8 For HE THAT SOWETH TO HIS FLESH SHALL OF THE FLESH REAP CORRUPTION; BUT HE THAT SOWETH TO THE SPIRIT SHALL OF THE SPIRIT REAP LIFE EVERLASTING.
Gal 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season WE SHALL REAP, IF WE FAINT NOT.

Sowing specific seeds that detail what they will produce is essential to receiving what is desired from God!!! We sow to the spirit of faith who comes when we are confessing the Word of God, so our faith will produced the desired results.!!! There is only “one” faith, but there are multiple instances of that one faith , and there are many different seeds for that one faith to produce, if we confess (sow) the right ones.
1f642.png
:)