• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Much Needed Advice

I am a member of a small church with about 75 attending worship service. There are five of us on the nominating committee and we are working on getting teachers for each class to begin January 2016.
One on the committee Is out due an injury from falling. Another is on vacation, leaving three of us at church today.

During our last committee meeting a lady said we need to divide some of the classes. The others did no object, but did not seem eager to divide classes. I had a chance to talk with the pastor this week and asked him about dividing the classes and he is against doing that. I was just going to let it die out on its on.

The lady wanting to divide the classes caught me going from class to the worship service this morning. She said she wanted to meet with me before this evenings service, just her and I. I feel sure she wants to talk about dividing classes.

I have problems with this. 1. I don't feel comfortable meeting without the others on the committee. 2. I want to follow the pastor's wishes. 3. I don't want to hurt the lady's feelings.

How do I deal with this?

Active
I am a member of a small church with about 75 attending worship service. There are five of us on the nominating committee and we are working on getting teachers for each class to begin January 2016.
One on the committee Is out due an injury from falling. Another is on vacation, leaving three of us at church today.

During our last committee meeting a lady said we need to divide some of the classes. The others did no object, but did not seem eager to divide classes. I had a chance to talk with the pastor this week and asked him about dividing the classes and he is against doing that. I was just going to let it die out on its on.

The lady wanting to divide the classes caught me going from class to the worship service this morning. She said she wanted to meet with me before this evenings service, just her and I. I feel sure she wants to talk about dividing classes.

I have problems with this. 1. I don't feel comfortable meeting without the others on the committee. 2. I want to follow the pastor's wishes. 3. I don't want to hurt the lady's feelings.

How do I deal with this?
God knows exactly whats happened, and the best way for you larry, and as you do what you feel best, He will guide you...you take the first step

Loyal

How do I deal with this?
If you are going to be on a selection committee, you have to have some fortitude to do what you know is right, regardless of how others try to manipulate you. It would be wrong to avoid her. Meet with her as she wishes and before she begins speaking, tell her that if its about dividing the classes, that you are currently committed to the pastors view of not dividing them and that any dialogue on the matter needs to be voiced with the committee all together. If her feelings are hurt, its only because she is trying to manipulate you and failing and worrying about how you will take it. Do not feel sorry for manipulators.

Active
One other item which may help is that if the topic is about getting her way, recommend she see the Pastor regarding the subject.

Thank you all for helping me see this issue for what it is and to deal with it in a Christian manner.