• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Moses and Jesus Parallels from the OT to the NT

Loyal
Fascinating to me there are many can you name some??

1. Both as Babies the current ruler ordered all babies to be killed, yet both Mosses and Jesus escaped to Egypt.

many more what you got?,

Loyal
Mosses the mediator between God and the Israelites

Jesus the mediator between God and everyone

Loyal
Moses - Like Jesus
Pharaoh - Like Satan
Jews - Like Us
Egypt - Like Sin.

Moses led the Jews out of bondage. Much like Jesus leads us out of bondage.
Pharoah didn't want to let them go, just like Satan doesn't want to let us go.
Some Jews wanted to go back to Egypt, just like some Christians want to go back to bondage.
Moses did miracles to prove God was with Him.
Jesus did miracles to prove He was God.

Moses led Israel away and 'enemies' were destroyed in Water

Jesus will lead us away and 'enemies' will be destroyed in Fire.

Loyal
I wonder about most stories in the OT.

Was Abraham also a "type" of Jesus. For example, it was the Father and the son out on mountain alone.
The Father was about to sacrifice his son, but a "lamb" (Ram) appeared just in the nick of time.

Does that remind you of anything?

What about Noah and the ark? Could the ark be a "type" of Jesus?
Could the ark itself represent salvation to a "dying" world? And yet people were saved by it. (only 8 people out of the entire population
of the earth)

What about Joshua?
He leads the people into the "promised" land. Could that represent heaven? Is Joshua a "type" of Jesus?

What about Boaz? Is he a "type" of Jesus?
A woman (Ruth) has no family left, no rights to own anything. And a kinsman redeemer comes along and and shares all he has with her
to give her life more abundantly.

Some people will say these are a stretch.. maybe they are. But why are these stories in the Bible? Do they reveal the character of God?

How about the 4th person in the fiery furnace with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego?
It says he was "like a son of God". Is it possible?

Loyal
I wonder about most stories in the OT.

Was Abraham also a "type" of Jesus. For example, it was the Father and the son out on mountain alone.
The Father was about to sacrifice his son, but a "lamb" (Ram) appeared just in the nick of time.

Does that remind you of anything?

What about Noah and the ark? Could the ark be a "type" of Jesus?
Could the ark itself represent salvation to a "dying" world? And yet people were saved by it. (only 8 people out of the entire population
of the earth)

What about Joshua?
He leads the people into the "promised" land. Could that represent heaven? Is Joshua a "type" of Jesus?

What about Boaz? Is he a "type" of Jesus?
A woman (Ruth) has no family left, no rights to own anything. And a kinsman redeemer comes along and and shares all he has with her
to give her life more abundantly.

Some people will say these are a stretch.. maybe they are. But why are these stories in the Bible? Do they reveal the character of God?

How about the 4th person in the fiery furnace with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego?
It says he was "like a son of God". Is it possible?

My wonderment has been with
Shem/Melchizadek/Jesus

Loyal
Yeap I think same it could of been Jesus when Abraham met Melchizadek I posted a video on this somewhear, it takes some speculation

/Melchizadek/Jesus

Fascinating to me there are many can you name some??

1. Both as Babies the current ruler ordered all babies to be killed, yet both Mosses and Jesus escaped to Egypt.

many more what you got?,
Both Moses & Jesus were adopted son's.