• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Morning meetings with God

Staff Member
My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up. Psalm 5:3

When David penned these words, he was probably surrounded by his enemies (see vs. 6, 8)-perhaps during the reign of King Saul. No matter what the circumstances, David made a point to meet with God every morning. He was intentional in turning his face toward heaven and directing his voice toward God, being confident that the Lord would hear him.

On this day, he reminded God about his character-how He didn’t take pleasure in wickedness (vs. 4). He also reminded God that the foolish would not stand before him (vs. 5). But David knew he wasn’t perfect either. David was resolute in communicating with God every morning, not because he was without blemish or fault, but because he knew God was merciful (vs. 7). So, he approached Him in the morning time with a healthy dose of fear, knowing he deserved judgment, but trusting in God’s mercy.

What does your morning routine look like? Does it include approaching God, knowing He will hear you? Do you come before Him with a proper amount of reverent fear, no matter what the circumstances? Or do difficulties, business, or sloth keep you from meeting with Him? Even if you’re surrounded by enemies, God will hear you. You’re not alone.

Loyal
Prov 8:17; I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.