• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Mohammed and His Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mohammed and His Religion

One of the finest small books on church history is
"The Story of the Christian Church" by Jesse Lyman Hurlbut.
It was first published in 1918 and later revised. The chapter: “The Rise of Mohammedan Power” represents a succinct discussion of the religion of Islam. With some minor revision for smoothness and accuracy, this chapter is reproduced in the following article.

Since the Islamic system is growing so rapidly in America,
Christians need to familiarize themselves with the history and basic teachings of this religion. For a more detailed analysis of this religious/political force, see: Reason & Revelation (January and February, 1996), and The Gospel Advocate (October, 1996).

The founder of Islam was Mohammed, born at Mecca, in Arabia, A.D. 570. He began his career as prophet and reformer in 610, when forty years old. At first disciples were won slowly, but his cause grew sufficiently to meet with persecution.

He fled from Mecca in A.D. 622, and his flight, called the Hegira, supplies the date from which the Mohammedan calendar is reckoned. He succeeded in bringing under his religion and authority the scattered Arabian tribes, and returned as a conqueror to Mecca. When he died, in A.D. 632, he was the accepted prophet and ruler throughout Arabia.

His religion is named Islam, “submission,” that is, obedience to the will of God; and his followers are called Moslem – the name “Mohammedan” being never used by them.

The articles of their faith, as stated by themselves are:

-That there is one God, whom they name Allah, the word being of common origin with the similar Hebrew word “Elohim”;
-That all events whether good or evil have been foreordained by God, consequently in every act they are carrying out God’s will;
-That there are multitudes of angels, good and bad, invisible yet constantly dealing with men;
-That God has given his revelation in the Koran, a series of messages communicated to Mohammed through the Angel Gabriel, though they were not collected until after the prophet’s death;
-That God has sent inspired prophets to men, of whom the four greatest have been Adam, Moses, Jesus, and, above all others, Mohammed;
all the biblical prophets, the Christian apostles, and the saints who lived before Mohammed having been recognized and adopted as their own;
-That in the hereafter there will be a final resurrection, judgment, and heaven or hell for every man.

At first Mohammed relied on moral influences in preaching his message; but soon changed his methods and became a warrior, leading his united and fierce Arabs to the conquest of unbelievers. To each land or tribe they gave the alternatives of Islam, tribute, or death to those who resisted their arms. Mohammed was succeeded by a series of caliphs who built up a vast empire by the sword.

Palestine and Syria were soon conquered; and the holy places of Christianity fell under the power of Islam. Province after province of the Greco-Roman Empire was seized, and soon all that was left was the city of Constantinople, so that all the lands of early Christianity became subject. Where the Christians submitted, their worship was permitted under restrictions. Eastward the empire of the caliphs extended beyond Persia into India. Their capital was at Bagdad on the Tigris.

Westward, their conquests included Egypt, all northern Africa, and the greater part of Spain. Nearly all of this vast empire was gained within a hundred years after “the prophet’s” death. But its progress in western Europe was stopped in southern France by Charles Martel, who rallied the discordant tribes under the leadership of the Franks, and won a decisive victory at Tours in A.D. 732. But for the battle of Tours, it is possible that all Europe might have been a Mohammedan continent, and the crescent have taken the place of the cross.

It is an interesting question – why did the Mohammedan religion and arms triumph over the oriental world? We may name some of the causes. The earliest believers in Mohammed were the fierce, warlike Arabs, never conquered by a foreign foe, who followed their prophet with a sincere, intense, all-conquering faith. They believed that they were accomplishing the will of God, and were destined to succeed. Everyone who fell in battle with the unbelievers was destined to enter an immediate heaven of sensual delight.

Against this virile, unconquered, and conquering spirit was the weakened, submissive nature of the Asiatic Greeks. From remote ages those lands had submitted meekly to conquerors. Their people had lost their vigor, would rather surrender than draw the sword, and pay tribute in preference to defending their liberty. Vast numbers of those in the Greek Empire were churchmen and monks, ready to pray but not to fight.

The Islam religion was far superior to the paganism which it displaced in Arabia and the lands east of that peninsula; and, it must be admitted, stronger than the type of “Christianity” which it met and overcame. The Eastern Church, unlike the Western, had long ceased missionary effort, had lost its energy, and was inclined to speculation, rather than to moral or spiritual effort.

In the religion of Mohammed at its best there were, and still are to be found, some favorable aspects, elements of value to the world. One was its simplicity of doctrine. It believed in One God, whom it was every man’s duty to obey implicitly. It had no mysterious intricate system of theology, giving rise to interminable, useless controversies. There was no need of scholarship to understand the articles of the Mohammedan faith.

Another trait of the Islam religion was its opposition to image worship. Throughout the Christian world the statues of the old gods and goddesses of Greece had simply given place to images and pictures of the Virgin Mary and the saints, which were worshiped in all the churches. The Moslems cast them out, destroyed them, and denounced all adoration of images, whether carved or painted, as idolatry.

The Mohammedans rejected also all priestly and saintly mediation. The church of that world made salvation depend, not on simple faith in Christ and obedience to him as Lord, but on priestly rites and the intercession of departed saints. The Mohammedans swept all these away, and in their doctrine, brought every soul face to face with God.

Throughout the Moslem world is the rule of abstinence from strong drink. The first “temperance society” in the world’s history was the Nazirites in Israel; and its successor on a larger scale was the Mohammedan religion, which forbade the faithful to drink wine or strong liquor. This is still held as a principle, but is not universally followed where Mohammedans live in contact with Europeans.

In the early period, under the caliphs, literature and science were promoted. The Arabians gave us the numerals, 1, 2, 3, etc., which were a great advance on the Roman system of notation through letters. In astronomy, they made one of the earliest catalogues of the stars. The court of the caliphs at Bagdad was a literary center. Mohammedan Spain was higher in culture and civilization than the “Christian” kingdoms of the period in that peninsula. But all intellectual progress ceased when the barbaric Turks succeeded the enlightened Saracens as leaders of the Mohammedan world.

Not to make our picture of Islam more favorable than the truth would warrant, we must notice on the other side some areas wherein Mohammedanism has failed, i.e., its errors and its evils. A major wrong to humanity was in its method of missionary enterprise through the sword, promoting hate among men instead of love. Wherever a city resisted their conquest, its men were put to death, the women were placed in the harems of the victors, and the children were brought up in the Moslem faith. For many centuries the Turks made a regular practice of seizing untold thousands of “Christian” children, tearing them away from their parents, and bringing them up in distant provinces as bigoted devotees of Islam.

In the old Islamic conception, the state and the church were absolutely one, and the government was expected to use its power to the utmost for the promotion of the true religion and the suppression of false faith. Prior to World War I, the Sultan of Turkey was also recognized as Caliph (“successor of Mohammed”). When Turkey became a republic, the Sultan was dethroned and the Caliphate abolished. Other changes have taken place with the modernization of Turkey: One significant fact was the translation of the Koran into the vernacular. At Istanbul, in 1932, the Koran was read in the mosque of Sancta Sophia for the first time in Turkish.

The Mohammedan conception of God is based on the Old Testament [a misunderstanding, at that], rather than the New Testament. God is portrayed as a fierce, relentless Oriental despot, with no love for humanity outside the followers of the Prophet [Mohammed]. [Such, of course, ignores the many passages which assert the universal love of Jehovah.]

Islam practically leaves Christ out of its doctrinal scheme. In the Mohammedan view he is not the Lord of the heavenly kingdom, the Son of God, the Savior of men; but is reduced to the rank of a Jewish prophet, inferior in every respect to Mohammed.

Its conception of heaven, the abode of the blessed in the life to come, is totally devoid of spirituality and is altogether sensual.

One of the most debasing traits of the Mohammedan religion was its degradation of womanhood. Women were looked upon merely as the slaves or playthings of men. Modern Turkey has remedied this condition, and in 1930 gave women the right to be electors and to be elected at municipal elections. But outside Turkey, women are held in small respect in the Mohammedan world.

In the field of history and politics, perhaps the most striking failure of the Mohammedan state has been in the realm of national administration. The Mohammedan leaders were amazing in their conquests, sweeping in a resistless torrent across continents from China to Spain. But they showed no power for wise, just government of the empires which they founded. Islam lands were the worst governed on earth. Contrast the history of the Turks in this respect with that of the ancient Romans, who showed that they could not only win a great empire, but could rule it wisely, bringing prosperity to every land which they had conquered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: Max Muller (1823-1900) of Oxford University was one of the most learned and popular scholars of his day. In an article published in Nineteenth Century magazine (February, 1894), Professor Muller argued that Mohammed was quite familiar with both the Old and New Testaments, referring to them as the Word of God, and that he had a regard for Jesus, speaking of the Lord in higher terms than Abraham. Mohammed’s favorite wife was well acquainted with Christianity. Muller says, however, that the form of “Christianity” to which Mohammed was exposed was exceedingly corrupt. Consequently, he turned away from it.
Think of how different world history might have been but for the 'Mohammedan' perversion of the Christian faith.

by Jesse Lyman Hurlbut
Christian Courier: Archives

Great post. Very nice observations on the corrupted Christianity to which he was exposed. =)

From what I've read in articles (primarily by Christian scholars), the type of Christianity to which the Muslim Mohammed was exposed included worship of the mother of Jesus. The Koran apparently contains references to such worship, banning it. It just tells you, doesn't it, how early Christianity was corrupted by that false belief, that any other than God should be worshipped and prayed to. Just think, if he had been exposed to a Reformed faith (which faiths, unfortunately, were not to be created until several Centuries later), he might not have created his religion, and thus much religious war would not have happened.

Anyone who refuses to accept Christ as saviour runs the risk of committing the unpardonable sin, the only such sin that there is (in my view, this sin to which Jesus refers is dying without having accepted Him as saviour).

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. (John 15:13)
For Jesus to lay down his life for our wretched selves takes more than a minor prophet. It takes God Himself to do such a beautiful thing. Let us hope in God that when the Gospel is spread, it may reach the hearts of those who think that Christ is only a prophet. =)

Last edited:

lou

I dont see how people could follow dead people claiming to be god when Jesus has so much to offer and he is ALIVE!!!!!!! laura:star:

lou said:
I dont see how people could follow dead people claiming to be God when Jesus has so much to offer and he is ALIVE!!!!!!! laura
Well said! The Lord bless you for your faith. =)

Administrator
Staff Member
lou said:
I dont see how people could follow dead people claiming to be god when Jesus has so much to offer and he is ALIVE!!!!!!! laura:star:

Remind me to hug you in Heaven :D

Praise the Lord! What you said was such a sweet spark to the heart of joy

lou

awe

Well thanks Chad, but I like to get to the point somtimes I can be blunt but that is just somthing that really gets under my sin!! I just will never understand how some people can serve dead people who have done nothing for them when Jesus gave his life !!!!!!!!! :love: Laura

Islam

Islam is a very violent religion plane & simple. They are very intolerant. The Koran even teaches Muslims to use violence in converting so called unbelievers such as Christians. It is one of the tools used by Satan to destroy us Christians.

edited by Chad: removed entire post of 'quran' jibberish. This is Talk Jesus, respect that

Last edited by a moderator:
Administrator
Staff Member
4Jesus said:
A very important thing to remember is not to tell the Muslim that 'Jesus is the Son of God." That is the function of the Holy Spirit: see Matthew 16:15-17 NLT, "15Then he asked them, "Who do you say I am?" Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God." Jesus replied, "You are blessed, Simon son of John, because my Father in heaven has revealed this to you. You did not learn this from any human being.
Not to tell them Jesus is Son of GOD? I disagree wholeheartedly. GOD reveals to those who seek the Truth, its very simple. It does not mean to refrain from telling people that Jesus is Son of GOD. How you come up with such is beyond me, but do not preach that here at all brother.

The Scripture below says it all. What if a muslim asks you who Jesus is? What do you say brother?

Matthew 10:32-34

32So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, 33but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

Not Peace, but a Sword

34"Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Chad said:
Not to tell them Jesus is Son of GOD? I disagree wholeheartedly. GOD reveals to those who seek the Truth, its very simple. It does not mean to refrain from telling people that Jesus is Son of GOD. How you come up with such is beyond me, but do not preach that here at all brother.

The Scripture below says it all. What if a muslim asks you who Jesus is? What do you say brother?

Matthew 10:32-34

32So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, 33but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

Not Peace, but a Sword

34"Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Brother Chad,

The first scripture that came to my mind when I read your post was ,"A good tree can't produce bad fruit, and a bad tree can't produce good fruit. So every tree that does not produce good fruit is chopped down and thrown into the fire. Yes, the way to identify a tree or a person is by the kind of fruit that is produced. (Matthew 7:18-20).

Here in the Midlands of the UK alone I have been used to lead many Muslims to the Lord Jesus, and am also being used to teach and nuture them. I am currently being used to bring friends of the 'Tipton Taliban' to a knowledge of Jesus.

I have brought Jesus to Muslims in India who have also turned away from Islam.

Each Wednesday evening we have a Christian 'Servant Group' here which it attended by at least 40-50 Muslims worshiping and praising God to whom the Holy Spirit (not I) has revealed who Jesus is.

When I said not to tell the Muslim that Jesus is the Son of God, you will notice I was speaking evangelism. During those initial delicate stages we must be careful and be very mindful, "... the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life." II Corinthians 3:6.

Once the muslim is engaged and is showing an openess we move on and at this stage he will eventually ask your question, "What if a muslim asks you who Jesus is? What do you say brother?"

I have been asked that countless times and reply to it in the same way Jesus replied to Peter (that is why I quoted the scripture initially). I answer the enquiring Muslim (after I have evangelised him) "But who do you say Jesus is?", then, just as Jesus did, allow the Holy Spirit to do His Work - He does it much better the I do it - and it always works - they invariable utter with amazement that Jesus must be Gods Son. (That is of course after we have discussed the common ground between us)

To tell the Muslim that Jesus is the Son of God in the initial stages will risk causing him very great offence; he will become exceeding hostile towards you and that is not part of our Great Commission. We then run the huge risk hindering the Holy Spirits work by killing with the Word instead of allowing the Life Giving Spirit to do His revealing work.

Anyway brother, that is my fruit - dozens of Muslims finding Jesus. All Glory and Honour to God!

I would be very interested to learn how much fruit you have produced among the Muslims; I am always genuinly eager to learn of a more fruitful way.

God bless you
David

Last edited:
Chad said:
Good point brother David. My apology for misunderstanding forgive me. Sometimes its hard to grasp the message online through monotone text (naturally how it is). It makes good sense what you said.

In my response I didn't mean to offend you or such assume that a person is to say Jesus is Son of GOD immediately but eventually at least (of course that is the goal to accept Christ). I guess the Holy Spirit works differently through each person depending on the circumstances [ie, culture, person background, the soul's beliefs, etc].

Amen Chad the Holy Spirit works through us differently, but Jesus is the Son of God and I don't think it is ever wrong to speak the TRUTH to anyone anytime. What God may have directed 4Jesus to do is not biblically sound to form an evanglistic method or form of sharing the gospel. Jesus Himself said that many would be offended at Him. I don't think it is possible to decieve someone inot becoming born-again. If someone doesn,t like the Fact that Jesus is the Son of God, whom the Holy Spirit testifies of this Truth, than I don't think that they can be born again until they change their mind set.

I hate easy and other Gospels with a passion, I don't want to miss understand 4Jesus but it sounds a little like the seeker sensitive crap thats going round. I hate it when people put Jesus down on the same level as that ignorant, devil possessed, anti-Christ, false prophet mohammed.

Last edited:
Brother Jiggyfly,

Believe me, nothing is more important to me than to raise the name of Jesus high. Jesus said, and I believe it, " I, if I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto me."

Jesus does not say, "If the letter (the letter kills) be lifted up, I will draw all men unto me."

You say that the Holy Spirit works though us differently. I have no problem with that. However, the Bible teaches "Jesus the same yesterday, today and forever.

You say, "I hate easy and other Gospels with a passion". That is your hatred; that is the flesh not the Spirit. The Bible teaches, "Its not by might nor by power but by My Spirit, says the LORD"

Incidentally, brother Jiggtyfly, how much good fruit has your tree produced among the Muslims?

In Jesus
David.

although islam talk about a jesus too but their jesus is not the JESUS of bible, as paul said
For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
islam called their jesus by the name of Esau for bible says devil is afriad of only one name under heaven which is the name of LORD JESUS CHRIST
jesus of quran bow down before wrong god allah and is just a prophet
according to mohamed when mohmed went in heaven to meet GOD, jesus of quran was like door keeper their and only mohmed was allowed to enter in heaven
more over this jesus which quran talk about prayed after mohmed in the manner of muslims
its just not the name of allah which isnot mentioned in bible, but the way allah talk is not like GOD
someone is talking in quran with so much lust and hatred, how can he be our loving GOD?
muslim god allah hate to be called father, in sura nisa it seem he love domastic violence, saying beat ur woman and keep her lock if she disobey u, does it sound like GOD?
then allah promise a heaven full of of sex in which each man will get 72 virgins per head if they kill non muslims other wise only 2 virgins, and rivers of alcohol is following in their heaven althou here on earth muslim r not allowed to drink wine
GOD is missing in quran and GOD is missing in their heaven too, there is rivers of wine in their heaven, there r virgins but not mention of GOD in their so called heave
what is point there? they r keeping more then one wife here and they will do the same in their heaven, no GOD no spiritaul life here and no GOD and no spiritual life in heaven!
same physical body there in heaven in which they cant enter without circumciztion

there r so many contradiction in quran and so much hatred that a person heart fills with fear if he read quran in his own language
For GOD rule with love and devil rule with fear
its strange for me that some Chrsitians evanglist trying to prove that bible is WORD of GOD by the teaching of quran, if they say one verse of quran is true then doesnt it mean all true?
its was most painful expernice when i found out that religion which my parent follow (islam) isnt from GOD, every thing in islam was so out of common sense
may LORD open the eyes of muslim world, they need only common sense to leave islam

quote: Amen Chad the Holy Spirit works through us differently, but Jesus is the Son of God and I don't think it is ever wrong to speak the TRUTH to anyone anytime. What God may have directed 4Jesus to do is not biblically sound..." unquote Jiggyfly

God does not direct anyone to do what is not biblically sound my brother!
Clearly what initially upset Chad and now you is my my statement (which referred to the initial 'finding common ground taught by Paul) I do not tell the Muslim that Jesus is the Son of God; that is the work of the Holy Spirit and the basis upon which Jesus builds His Church.

Look at what Jesus did and said on this issue and follow His example and teaching in Matthew 16 (NLT).........
13When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?"
14 "Well," they replied, "some say John the Baptist, some say Elijah, and others say Jeremiah or one of the other prophets."
15 Then he asked them, "Who do you say I am?"
16 Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God."
17 Jesus replied, "You are blessed, Simon son of John, because my Father in heaven has revealed this to you. You did not learn this from any human being. Now I say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it. And I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven. Whatever you lock on earth will be locked in heaven, and whatever you open on earth will be opened in heaven." Then he sternly warned them not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.

Please note that when Peter exclaimed "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God", Jesus, who is the same yesterday, today and forever, told Peter,"my Father in heaven has revealed this to you. You did not learn this from any human being." Jesus immediately followed this by declaring "upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it."

To me, Jesus here is saying clearly, that He will build His Church, with those who have received Holy Ghost revelation direct from God (not man) that Jesus is the Son of God.

In our fleshly enthusiam, which can include, to use your quote, "I hate easy and other Gospels with a passion..." we are endeavouring to take over the work of the Holy Spirit. You see brother, when a brother is being used to successfully bring muslims into a relationship with Jesus and another brother declares that he hates the method by which the Muslims are brought to salvation, then that is a statement of the flesh - not the spirit. The fruit of the spirit is fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23). "I hate.." is not a fruit of the Spirit; it is rotton fruit of the flesh!

Paul teaches, "When you follow the desires of your own sinful nature, your lives will produce these evil results..........the feeling that everyone is wrong except those in your own little group." (Galations 5:19-20 NLT)

May God bless you my brother
David

Last edited:
quote "its strange for me that some Chrsitians evanglist trying to prove that bible is WORD of GOD by the teaching of quran, if they say one verse of quran is true then doesnt it mean all true?" unquote joy messiah

Dear Sister,

Regrettably, you have completely misunderstood me.

I do not try to prove the Bible is the Word of God - no man can do that - they have been attempting to prove and disprove for centuries. The truth of the Bible being the Word of God is revealed to man through the Holy Spirit by whatever means He chooses. Furthermore, I do not teach the Q'ran - I use it to establish common ground, as Paul did, to bring them to Christ.

Let me give you an example of what I mean. Paul was a Pharisee, he knew the law and the letter of it better than any of us. In Acts 17 starting verse 16, we find Paul in Athens, "deeply troubled by all the idols he saw everywhere in the city" (v16). In v18 Paul told them about Jesus and His resurrection. A debate resulted and Paul powerfully cited words from the Greek poets Epimenides and Aratus who were pagan worshipers of the god Zeus; words which continue to echo from Christian lips today; "In him we live and move and have our being; as even some of your poets have said, 'For we are indeed his offspring' ." The result of this was, inter alia, "...some men joined him and believed, among them Dionysius the Areopagite and a woman named Damaris and others with them." (v23).

When Paul - a man of the 'letter' - witnessed all the idol worship of false gods and was deeply troubled, did he stick to the Bible and cite the first commandment, "Thou shalt have no other gods besides me, thou shalt not bow down to them or worship them " and so on? No.

Instead he found 'common ground' with them and preached the Good News of the resurrection of Jesus and a blend Pagan Zeus worshipers poetry - and we still sing it!

The basis of Pauls message to the idol worshipers of Athens of "in him we live and move and have our being...." is based on ......

1. Epimenides's Creatia:
They fashioned a tomb for thee [O Zeus], O holy and high one-
The Cretans, always liars, evil beasts, idle bellies!
But thou art not dead: thou livest and abidest forever,
For in thee we live and move and have our being

and

2.The opening lines of Aratus's Phaenomena:
"We are his offspring. From Zeus let us begin; him do we mortals never leave unnamed; full of Zeus are all the streets and all the market-places of men; full is the sea and the havens thereof; always we all have need of Zeus.”

Paul found 'common ground' by which to lead the idol worshipers to Christ by using a 'blend' idolatorious scriptural poetry, which the idol worshipers understood and the Good News of the Jesus's resurrection which he understood; which resulted in many coming to salvation and then allowing the Holy Spirit to start His work of teaching, guiding, Sanctification, Convicting of sin and convincing of rightiousness.

I apply the same spiritual principles that Jesus taught and Paul practiced as outlined in my cited scriptures.

I trust and pray you can now understand.

With God all things are possible.

Many blessings to my sister in Jesus
David

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
4Jesus said:
I would be very interested to learn how much fruit you have produced among the Muslims
4Jesus said:
Incidentally, brother Jiggtyfly, how much good fruit has your tree produced among the Muslims?
Boasting of ourselves pridefully? Shame. Account closed. Pride is not welcomed here nor is posting quran

4Jesus said:
Brother Jiggyfly,
You say, "I hate easy and other Gospels with a passion". That is your hatred; that is the flesh not the Spirit. The Bible teaches, "Its not by might nor by power but by My Spirit, says the LORD"

Is that a revelation of the spirit or your flesh David?

Strange...Christ hates other gospels too.

And on the subject of good fruit...your 'incidental' remark is not so very fruitful either.

4Jesus said:
Brother Jiggyfly,
Believe me, nothing is more important to me than to raise the name of Jesus high. Jesus said, and I believe it, " I, if I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto me."
Jesus does not say, "If the letter (the letter kills) be lifted up, I will draw all men unto me."
You say that the Holy Spirit works though us differently. I have no problem with that. However, the Bible teaches "Jesus the same yesterday, today and forever.
In Jesus
David.
You are very wrong David about my hatred being flesh , I hate other gospels because they are of the flesh or satan. Paul also hated other gospels.

The Bible also declares that Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God,(John 3:16). Jesus also stated, all through the gospels that God was His Father. Read John chapter 10, (Jesus claims to be the Son of God) and they became offended and wouldn't believe.

And incidentally, probably zero but then I can't save catholics, jews,scientologists, or budists either, you can blow your horn if you want but please don't expect me to join in, because it is not going to happen.

If you want to teach and preach a unoffending gospel to the muslims thats up to you, but I am not going to agree with you propigating it here at TJ.

The Greatest Commandment?

"To Love one another"

We have to remember that the eyes of all different religions have been tainted somewhat by men.

They all contain Jesus.

Even thinking about Mohammed is pointless. Nevermind discussing and falling out. That would not be Christlike at all. Satan has stirred up you brothers, who on other threads have been united as one. Dont let him.

I am Muslim, Hindu, Catholic and a Christian, if that offends you then you put religion before Christ.

I would treat each as my brother and sister.

God Bless.

Cognitive said:
The Greatest Commandment?
"To Love one another"

We have to remember that the eyes of all different religions have been tainted somewhat by men.

They all contain Jesus.

Even thinking about Mohammed is pointless. Nevermind discussing and falling out. That would not be Christlike at all. Satan has stirred up you brothers, who on other threads have been united as one. Dont let him.

I am Muslim, Hindu, Catholic and a Christian, if that offends you then you put religion before Christ. I would treat each as my brother and sister.

God Bless.

Would you mind explaning what you mean by the bold quote above? We do love here brother but we are warned about false teachers, false prophets, false breadren. Paul said im all things to all men, but only up to a certain point, less he himself would become a castaway. And you can't drink from the cup of the lord, and the cup of devils, at the same time. We also cant serve two masters. And i dont think the Hindus have anything to do with Jesus, and if they did it would be a twisted Gospel. Christ calls them thieves and robbers, but that to some would be hateful statement. Pauls says if anyone preaches unto us another Gospel than what is written to us, then let them be accursed, Is that hate too?

Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed

Not only did Paul say this once, he said it twice.. above. Hate? some are in love with love, and can't or wont speak the truth, because they are afraid of this darkness. Don't preach love without truth, it is a lie and comes from the father of lies. The Antichrist will decieve many when he comes "by flatery" so we see that love is not real love without truth. But we are to speak the truth in love, lets not forget that one as well.

God bless

Status
Not open for further replies.