• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Mohammad, Islam,

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is taken off of another thread, the Bible most certainly does speak about Islam and Mohammad and as well as every other major event that has taken part in History also past present and future. I have been studying the Bible for many years. I became a Christian when I was 25 and now I am 37. The Bible is a book of truth, a book full of prophecies, a book for reproof and is able to help teach us about righteousness many things can be learned in the Bible. The Bible teaches us about the future and the end times, and if you study the word and keep your eyes open and watch you can see prophecies unfold and know when the time is near. Read the books of Daniel and Revelations, as well as other books that contain end time prophecies. You will come to understand what is going on in the middle east and why events are taking place. Do you know who the people of Jacob and Esau are, and where their blood line went. Do you know who the 10 horns are that have received no Kingdoms as yet but will receive power as Kings for one hour with the beast. Christ has not yet come prophecies of the end times are still in effect. We are to keep our eyes open and watch so that we will not be taken unaware. The Bible is full of truth, history is part of that truth past present and future. What is future tomorrow will past yesterday, the Bible holds all the truth about yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Hey jamesmic36!

Welcome, brother, to Talk Jesus! We look forward to fellowship with you at Live Chat!

I have read into the bible the historical context that led to Islam. I encourage you to share more about your views on this. After reading your open sentence about Islam there was not much more elaboration on that. I agree with the rest of your views regarding His Word. There are wonderful brothers and sisters at Talk Jesus who share your open heart and the opportunity to learn more from all of us about what God reveals. Thank you, jamesmic36, I read your other message. You are a blessing to your family!

excellent interpretation. as you can tell, islam has been made a very contradictorial issue that has lead others to give up religion completely, but you are right in saying it is in the bible. as you can tell, the bible talks about "mini-antichrists" or false prophets, and you can clearly tell that mohhamed was one. excellent and i hope to expect more from you!

Administrator
Staff Member
Welcome to the board moha. That is because he does not speak Truth as told in Scripture. If he was a prophet...he would preach Christianity not lies.

Your right Chad Mohammad was not a Christian, but Mohammad played a Major role in History of almost stomping out Chritianity of the face of the earth along with the turkish Muslims which came in later. Does anyone in here know why Mohammad tried to destroy Christianity? The reason why I am asking these questions is because knowing history plays a large part of understanding prophecies. Not only do we learn about History and Prophecies, we can learn Satans tactics in Spiritual warfare. In doing this we can watch events take place in our present time and see how they line up with the end time.

Moha,
Looking striclty at what the Bible says as the marks of a false prophet fits the discription of Mohammed. 1John 4:1-3
Deut. 18:22
NIV "If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do no be afraid of him."
Looking at verse :21 states the question how does one know if the words are spoken are not from God and 22 goes into the criteria. This alone makes Mohammed under Gods criteria and he does not there he is not a prophet.
taken from the Christian Position Website

"...were any of Muhammad's predictions verifiable within his own lifetime? Although Muhammad, on occasion, predicted the victory of Islam in the battles which were fought in Arabia, there are no other precise predictions which we know of which demonstrate that his authority came from God (the victory of a battle has a 50-50 chance of being correct, or not). In fact, this was a cause for concern even for Muhammad, who, numerous times in the Qur'an mentions the distrust by others of his inability to produce a miraculous sign which would substantiate his authority (see Suras 10:21, 13:7 & 13:27).

There is little evidence from our scriptures which show that Muhammad had authority to claim prophethood. He was not born into the line of Jacob, nor did he speak in the name of Yahweh, nor did his revelations conform to the message which preceded him, and his predictions were not verifiable.

What, then, must be our conclusion? In Matthew 24:24-25 we read "...false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect... See I have told you ahead of time." In Deuteronomy 18:19-22 we find an even stronger warning:
If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account. But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death. You may say to yourselves, 'How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?' If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him. "

taken from the Christian Position Website

Again I ask from History, can anyone tell me why Muslims attacked Christianity and almost wiped Christianity off the face of the earth. We already know Mohammad was a false prophet, but there was a reason why he came and attacked Christianity. Does anyone in here know why?

Look Moha

I am not even going to debate with you, We all already know all about your belief, I don't think anyone in here is going to read your long drawn out information. Besides The question that I was asking was meant for Christians to answer not for you. So if there is any Christian in here that would like to answer please go ahead I am very interested in your answer as for this guy just rebuke him and ignore.

Moha, I have no desire to get into a debate with you, it is a waste of my time. Plain and simple the Holy Bible gives a clear example to false prophets. This is a CHRISTIAN site not How to debate Mohammed. I am a follower of a loving, forgive God.
James Mic, you asked very intelligent questions, thank you for posing them for us to examine.

I may be mistaken but its my impression from history that "christians" attacked muslims because they attacked the "holy land" which was the cause for the "crusades"

I will give you a hint, Mohammad attacked the Christians because of what he Saw the Christians doing at the time. Another hint, the Christians at the time were not Christians as we know Christians now, but because of the certain christians at the time true Christians were also being persecuted.

Light...you have missed some information. We do discuss truth here, not up for questioning however Moha was speaking falsely by validating Mohammed. By validating Mohammed that is not truth...no one as accused him of being disrespectful(?). You will notice that Moha's posts were all edited for good reason, there was no discussion he came to push Muslim beliefs. We are not here to examine Mohammed. Curious as to why use the term "light" to describe yourself? Who's "light" are you exactly representing here?

Again let me reiterate that this is a Christian site. I get a very clear picture of who's light you represent. I will stick with my brother's response stated above.

Here's a question... and it's along these same lines. Anyone happen to know when (year or period-wise) Mohammed was in that cave (or wherever) recieving his "revelations" from the Angel he called Gabriel?

Only asking because, near the end of the book of Daniel, the prophet recounts a time when he was fasting and praying, and no word came, then ( believe it was several weeks time) the angel Gabriel (this is the one of whom WE know o'course) appears to Daniel saying that he was bound by Satan (paraphrased) and that after a time the Lord sent Michael to free Gabriel, so the angel was finally able to go to Daniel. Good gravy that was a long sentence... anyhoo..

Just wondering if the two events coincide, because if Gabriel was tucked away somewhere... someone could have been taking his place and speaking with Mohammed...

Or, I could just spend WAY too much time thinking.

For an intersting read on Islam and End-times, try The False Prophet by Ellis Skolfield. You can download the pdf files (there are two parts) of the book by visiting after googling either the title or the author.

This has become one of my favorite books.

Active
They fought those who made idols, that would be hypocritical of them.

Islam's origins have been traced back by scholars to the ancient fertility religion of the worship of the moon god which was always the dominant religion of Arabia. The moon god was worshipped by praying toward Mecca several times a day, making an annual pilgrimage to the Kabah which was a temple of the moon god, running around the Kabah seven times, caressing an idol of a black stone set in the wall of the Kabah, running between two hills, making animal sacrifices, gathering on Fridays for prayers, giving alms to the poor, etc.. These were pagan rites practiced by the Arabs long before Muhammad was born.

The Crescent Moon

What religion today practices the pagan rites of the moon god? Islam! This explains why the crescent moon is the symbol of Islam. It is placed on top of mosques and minarets and displayed on hats, flags, rugs, amulets and even jewelry. Every time you see the Muslim symbol of a crescent moon, you are seeing the ancient symbol of the moon god.
Thanks to Chick Publication.

=SeekerofTruth
Mohammad never attacked Christians

Muhammad taught his followers to oppress or kill non-Muslims. Generally, Jews and Christians were allowed to live as such, provided they paid a special tax. This tax is Jizya, a tax revenue given to the Muslims to make up for revenues they lost from no longer dealing in pagan activities. If the Jews and Christians refused to pay this extortion tax they would have to convert to Islam or be killed. Non-Jews and non-Christians, such as idolaters or pagans, had to convert to Islam or be killed. Generally they didn't have the option of paying the tax. Here is the verse that teaches Muslims to oppress Jews and Christians:

"Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, (which is Islam that abolishes all other religions ) of the people of the Book, (meaning the Jews and the Christians ) until they pay the Jizya (the tax imposed upon them) with willing submission and feel themselves subdued . (with humiliation and submission to the government of Islam.) 9:29."

(Commentary in parenthesis is from the Tafsir Al-Jalalein. i.e., Al-Jalalein’s Interpretation of the Koran.)

The order to subjugate or kill Christians and Jews is in that verse. It is clear that Muhammad ordered his followers to fight those Christians and Jews to convert them or pay the Jizya, and if they didn't convert or pay, do you think that he told the followers to let them go in peace? It is very clear: convert, pay with submission, or die. The background for this is found in "The Life of Muhammad", op cit, page 620,

"until they [the Jews and Christians] pay the poll tax out of hand being humbled", i.e. as a compensation for what you fear to lose by the closing of the markets. God gave them compensation for what He cut off from them in their former polytheism by what He gave them by way of poll tax from the people of scripture."

You can not defend someone, when their teachings says this

Notice the teaching of the Qur’an:

"Fight and slay the pagans [Christians] wherever ye find them and seize them, confine them, and lie in wait for them in every place of ambush" (Surah 9:5)
"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the last day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and his apostle nor acknowledge the religion of truth of the people of the Book (the Jews and the Christians) until they pay the Jizya [tax on non-Muslims] with willing submission and feel themselves subdued." (Surah 9:29)
"Those who follow Muhammad are merciless for the unbelievers but kind to each other." (Qur'an 48:29)
"Enmity and hatred will reign between us until ye believe in Allah alone." (Qur'an 60:4)
Say to the Unbelievers, if (now) they desist (from Unbelief), their past would be forgiven them; but if they persist, the punishment of those before them is already (a matter of warning for them). And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God altogether and everywhere; but if they cease, verily God doth see all that they do. (Qur'an 8:37-39)
And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God; but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression. (Qur'an 2:193)
"Fight the unbelievers in your surroundings, and let them find harshness in you." (Qur'an 9:123)
"For he who believes in the Trinity, "the Fire will be his abode … a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemer." Qur'an (5:72-73)
Thanks to bible.ca

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.