• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Mirrored Reflection

Administrator
Staff Member
Mirrored Reflection - August 17, 2005

When you wake up in the morning and look in the mirror, what do you see? Is there an image of a less-than-perfect person staring back at you? One whose eyes are a little bit nearsighted, or with teeth that are horribly crooked? Or, perhaps you have hair where you don't want it and not enough hair where you need it most. How critical are we of the image that stands before us in the mirror?

Have we forgotten that a long time ago, God created us in His image? (Genesis 1:27) We are not some science experiment gone wrong or the end result of the slime that wandered on the earth; we are precious, hand-carved treasures from our Father's hands; a priceless apple of His eye. Some of us may may be large or small treasure in size, but we are all loved the same. We are more precious than the most brilliant silver or expensive piece of gold ever seen.

Next time you look in the mirror, think about Psalm 139:13: "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

Next time you take a look in that mirror, the reflection looking back may not seem so bad after all! Take a good look today and appreciate the gift of life that God has given each of us every single day.

Contributed by Diane Check

thanx 4 this Chad!!

its an awesum reminder to us, as humans.. to not worry what other people would see us as, an also a reminder that we should not 'dress to impress' as we only need 2 impress God.. whcih we do by believin in him, an loving him... an mainly by existing...

so yea, thanx Chad... ur awesum man!! an i thank God for creating u in his image... nice image 2 be made in...

Just remember...
--> Girls.. u r princesses!!!!
--> Guys.. u r princes!!

with the King being Christ Jesus/God/Holy Spirit