• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Michael Jackson dead at 50. Should we be afraid to die?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for those who likes of this artist. He was an amazing artist. But he is the image of the man without God, tormented, empty, that looked in the fame, money and sucess the rason of his life. Beyond of the scandals involving kids.
However, we can not say if he was or not saved for Christ at the moment of his death, because this moment is only, reserved just between God and the man.
Sincerely, I hope him has had time to repent and confess his sins!
God bless all!
So Very true.

Loyal
Dismissing Death

I found this comment on the LICC website, and found it thought-provoking.

Inevitably, the true impact of Michael Jackson’s influence on the world will be measured not in album and video sales, or sold out world tours, but by the number and nature of conspiracy theories that already do, and perhaps always will, surround his demise.

It is apparently the norm these days for celebrity figures who die before their time to have the events and circumstances surrounding their passing scrutinised not only by pathologists, but also by press pundits and armchair sleuths as well.

We love a good conspiracy theory: from the second shooter on the grassy knoll in Dallas for JFK's assassination, through to Elvis being alive and well and living in a timeshare in Benidorm with Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison (my own theory). And in an age where information and communication technology have made broadcasters and journalists of us all, those deductions and ruminations now come at a supercharged rate.

I can't help but feel that all the rumpus created over celebrity deaths (and there are already wagers on whether or not the death of the 'king of pop' will have a bigger global impact than the death of Diana, 'the people's princess') points to the fact that somewhere along the way death has lost it's 'sting'. Not in the sense that Paul means in 1 Corinthians 15, where 'Death has been swallowed up in victory', but rather that contemporary culture has managed to divert our attention away from that ultimate statistic.

Is this why we rarely speak of ultimate things? Death seems too unreal - something that happens a million times a day in movies and on TV could never happen to us, could it? And don't all those video games lie when they say 'game over' - isn't resurrection just a button click away? I heard a phrase that captures this cultural state the other day - our society has become 'death blind'.

So perhaps the conspiracy theories really indicate a form of indignation: a refusal to believe that, even though troubled, someone as talented as Michael Jackson can be snatched from us by the whim of fate; surely the bright and beautiful get to live forever? Or maybe our refusal stems from a deep-seated resentment that we can't glaze over the truth about death.

There is another truth about death though. Paul is clear that death is an enemy of God - he who is the source both of all life and all love - and as such death's days were always numbered. For those of us whose days are now without number, we have a duty to quell the anxieties of those around us with a hope that springs eternal.​

Eze 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

We all know how M.J. was exploited as a child for his voice to sing grownup love songs to make money for the family. We were told that he himself became the abuser, I know they acquitted him of the pedophile charges. People, as also as Chad stated, basically had him as an Idol, idolatry. In his latter years he changed his face to what look like a hollow--n mask. The drugs that he was on was not a good thing either. But most of all the sadness of M.J. did he make a decision to call on the Lord Jesus Christ to save him? If not he will forever be separated from the love of God in a place called hell. A man who's influence was for the world but could have been in response to the risen savior the Lord Jesus Christ. What shall it profit if a man gain the whole world yet lose his soul, as spoken by our Lord Jesus Christ.

What to say about the dead or death? Firstly, I should care about the living. There is nothing i can do for the dead, they take care of their own, Jesus said in Mat8:22. Not a single Christian is afraid of dying, they actually want to pass on to go to their Lord. Paul said he wanted to go for a long time, but God kept him here for the sake of the people he teached the Gospel. Phil 1:23. And to understand death, both of them is quite a study in the bible. The same Paul said he died long ago, it is only Christ that lives in him. Gal 2:19. My suggestion is.... Let us care about eachother with the Love God wants us too. And let us worry about the people living, to be saved! Like me! I would love to be saved. I would give my life for God's Name, so that it can be saved. That is why i am sharing with you all. May God bless us with EVERLASTING LIFE. There is no death in EVERLASTING LIFE!

Inevitably...
- isn't resurrection just a button click away? I heard a phrase that captures this cultural state the other day - our society has become 'death blind'.

There is another truth about death though. Paul is clear that death is an enemy of God - he who is the source both of all life and all love - and as such death's days were always numbered. For those of us whose days are now without number, we have a duty to quell the anxieties of those around us with a hope that springs eternal.

Thanx for posting this Hekuran. A good read.

LoJ

I feel for this family ~

"Mr. Jackson received days of wall-to-wall coverage in the media," Martha Gillis wrote to the Washington Post.
"Where was the coverage of my nephew or the other soldiers who died that week?"

Gillis' nephew, Lt. Brian Bradshaw, 24, died in Kheyl, Afganistan, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle. Bradshaw, of Steilacoom, Wash., was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Airborne Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division in Fort Richardson, Alaska. He was one of at least 13 U.S. soldiers to die in Afghanistan since Jackson's death on June 25.

In her letter to the Washington Post, she described Bradshaw as a "thoroughly decent person with a wry sense of humor" who loved history, particularly the Civil War.

"He had old-fashioned values and believed that military service was patriotic and that actions counted more than talk," Gillis wrote. "He wasn't much for talking, although he could communicate volumes with a raised eyebrow."

Bradshaw, who graduated from Pacific Lutheran University, was the product of a military family. His father, Paul, is a retired National Guard helicopter pilot, and his mother is a retired Army nurse. Bradshaw was buried Monday following a service at St. John's Bosco Church in Lakewood, Wash.

"He was a search-and-rescue volunteer, an altar boy, a camp counselor," Gillis' letter continued.
"He carried the hopes and dreams of his parents willingly on his shoulders.
What more than that did Michael Jackson do or represent that earned him memorial 'shrines,'
while this soldier's death goes unheralded ?"

The deaths of seven U.S. soldiers killed in Afghanistan on Monday received just 1/20th of the network television news coverage devoted to Jackson, according to an analysis by the Media Research Center, a Virginia-based news analysis organization.
The seven deaths garnered less than one minute of coverage on ABC, CBS and NBC evening newscasts combined, including just 13 seconds on CBS, compared to more than 13 minutes of Jackson-related news. That's a 60-to-1 disparity, the analysis found.

Remember to pray for these families. They have sacrificed so much more than words can say.

In His service, LoJ

Administrator
Staff Member
I agree LOJ, but keep some things in mind...

- are these soldiers, martyred missionaries, etc serving whom? Are they doing it for worldly attention or for for the sake of the people's freedom, for example?

I don't think its necessary to compare who got more attention on TV or in the papers. It is sad that soldiers for example are overlooked in many cases. But what does this prove? History has shown that the media in general is much garbage. Its practically all worldy, per se.

As for Michael Jackson, here is what I have to say:

- he's is clearly a very talented musician
- he has given much to charities (39 total)
- he's a good example of lack of parental love and proper treatment as the Bible teaches (he was severally abused as a child by his father)
- he's a good example of how the media is very evil in many ways (lies, lies, lies)
- he's a good example of peoples' idolatry (people who idolized him) which is very wrong as the Bible warns us against

In general, there is no reason to compare people among others. What people do in the end for others, is GOD's business between Him and them. Its not for us to judge nor compare.

While I certainly feel for Martha's loss, I don't understand why she is concerned for coverage. It will not resolve anything nor make anything better. Same applies to Michael Jackson's coverage too. The reason I say this is this: do people truly deeply care in their hearts to make a change after they see on the news that a solider died recently? Sounds very sad, and rough but this is the truth. People want to be entertained, not depressed. So perhaps ultimately they don't care in their hearts. Look at 9/11. Have people grown closer to their neighbors? Have they humbled themselves and realized things must change for the better? It doesn't look so at all. Actually, from these eyes it looks completely opposite.

As the Bible tells us, love will grow cold. We live in a dark evil world. People are harder than stone and colder than ever.

Matthew 24:11-13

<sup id="en-ESV-23965" class="versenum" value="11">11</sup>And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. <sup id="en-ESV-23966" class="versenum" value="12">12</sup>And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. <sup id="en-ESV-23967" class="versenum" value="13">13</sup> But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

Active
Sorry for those who likes of this artist. He was an amazing artist. But he is the image of the man without God, tormented, empty, that looked in the fame, money and sucess the rason of his life.

I'm sorry but this is where fact and fiction comes in, where our ideals of a person is found through the media rather through the person himself.
If anyone look at the life of Michael Jackson, they would know his money was not his, they would know he's in the guinness book of records for donating the most money to charities. They would know his emptiness was not of his own selfish desires, but the pain of others through out the world. Anyone that faces tribulation, judgement, ridicule or slander has the God given right to feel tormented.Through his music , not the beats, not the foot action...I think that's where many get lost and neglect the words coming out of his mouth, for equality, for humanity, the need of love. Through his music I know he was not tormented but a misunderstood man trying to get the attention away from him and towards the poor and the suffering around the world. No one got this, but the lives that he touched they got it.

So it's not a matter of he was a this and a that. I was a tormented person, I had something he didn't have privacy. He was created by God and through his death people will turn to God, because the world was watching his memorial...and the world heard the name Jesus Christ throughout that service. So no man on this earth can say they don't know that name Jesus.
Because God will say to them on that day..I know you watched that memorial yet you harden your heart..so be gone.

Michael Jackson touched many lives, mine included..some might say how can a secular artist touch your life, well the same way my school teachers who were muslim and hindu helped molded me into the woman I am today. I will always give credit to where it is due..and God gave Michael all that talent the world will not forget him.

My prayer from since I was a child was for his salvation, I'm not one of those hypocrite fans...I truly loved Michael and every year for his birthday I'd pray for him, not judge him, ridicule him or laugh at his troubles..but I'd pray that God would give him peace.

Thats what people in this world need, christians who are willing to put aside their judgemental attitudes and just be a friend or pray. Someone was praying for us before we got saved, why do we become selfish.

Also for those who complain about Michael getting to much news over other things, I'm sorry..but where were the complaints when the tabloids was obsess with Britney spears, where was the complaints when everyone was obsess with Lindsey logan and her drug habits. I'm sure people died that day, the war was still going on...so where was the complaints....There was none.

But all of sudden these politicians congressman pete king and some journalists have a complaint. why is that? Why now all of a sudden it's a problem for an entertainer to shine...why?
Maybe its personal, because I didn't hear anything during the media fascination of Britney Spears that lasted a year thats 12mths vs 11 days of Michael Jackson. ..so as the ole caribbean folks would say...Wah dey say, dey say...words from 3canal..they can .." Talk dey talk ".

Perfect display of self righteousness when convienent. All those Tom Sneddons need to let the man rest in peace.

Last edited:
Thank you for this thread . . .

I think he was a hard working man all of his life, sadly he died way too young for his children and his family and left a great treasure to all of us to remember him . . .if thats called honoring him, well then I honor him for doing a good job ... I will remember him :love:

Michael Jackson never had the chance to be a boy. At ten years of age he was thrust onto the world stage. Normal childhood was ripped away from him. He missed out on the maturing experiences of playgrounds and neighborhood swimming pools.He missed out on pick-up baseball games and such. I doubt that he ever went on hikes or camping trips with other boys away from photographers and publicity people.

He was indeed a performer with amazing talent. He was indeed loved by millions of people. But I believe that, truth be told, at the age of fifty, he was a lost and confused little boy (albeit a wealthy one) struggling to live in a man's body.

SLE

May we ask God to keep ourselves observant to those around us to share the Gospel in humility. Eternity is just a moment away and Gods word is true always that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved!!!! Are you saved? Let the Lord Jesus turn on the lights for you.

I have never been a Michael Jackson fan; but I do know he has had a huge impact on the pop culture of our time. I don't think any of us can judge him and surely we don't intend that here. I know I don't.

I do feel that his death has been over-blown by the news media. For over a week now it has overshadowed everything including significant world events.

Michael will be remembered for his contribution to the entertainment world..but, next month, next year ...will he be remembered so well? I think he will gradually be put into the legendary status given to others before him..Elvis Presley, (the king of rock) Marilyn Monroe, (sex goddess) and James Dean. (leading rebel of his era) Maybe they will put Michael's picture up in ice cream parlors or restaurants like Elvis, Marilyn, and James and maybe his music will be played for a long time on juke boxes. And surely there will be a movie within a few years..and maybe within a year on TV depicting his life. And investigations into the causes of his death will go on for quite a while..and maybe resurrect again in a few years.

But, the king of Pop will gradually be forgotten. And that is as it should be.

We will remember another king, Jesus Christ..an obscure carpenter from a remote village whose death saved us and changed the world. He will not be forgotten.. He is the hope of Glory who lives in us!

Last edited:
Murder not ruled out in Michael Jackson death

Murder not ruled out in Michael Jackson death
Examiner.com

Los Angeles Police Chief William Bratton, said murder has not been ruled out in the investigation into the death of superstar, Michael Jackson, and that authorities are still awaiting toxicology results.

“And based on those, we will have an idea of what it is we are dealing [with]. Are we dealing with a homicide or are we dealing with an accidental overdoes?” said Bratton.

This investigation is also looking into Jackson’s use, or abuse, of prescription drugs and the Los Angeles County coroner’s office has subpoenaed a number of Jackson’s doctors to obtain his medical records.

COPS investigating Michael Jackson's death have refused to rule out murder.
The Sun

Los Angeles police are looking into Jackson's drug history and want to quiz all of the star's former doctors.

Detectives are currently gathering evidence, including items seized from Jackson's rented home and arranging interviews with his many physicians.
Lawyer for Dr Arnold Klein, one of Jackson's medics, said the dermatologist was subpoenaed for medical records, which he gave to the coroner.

He was a very unhappy being! and no more than any other worldly type person!
We are No longer sinners ! Once Born -Again! the NEW Creature GOD makes us cannot sin , not would it !
Our flesh body and flesh mind can , if we permit it?
We being the NEW CREATURE GOD made!

Every sinner on earth goes to hell!

WE are perfect spiritual ,heavenly beings , Dwelling in imprefect bodies a short time!
mike really had no life here on earth !
He tried to find some earthly joy , but nothing he found lasted1 He was made for LOVE and desired true Love all the days of his life! We cannot know pure LOVE without knowing Jesus Christ personal and serving Him Only!

It is Very SAD so many leave the earth without knowing our LORD and they would be so happy if they knew HIM!

We All died at Salvation and never die again ! WE just move out of these unworthy bodies and go home . Where our New body is awaiting us !

2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

2Co 5:2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

Php 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
WE MUST believe GODS living Words as a child would!

Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and {the dead in Christ shall rise first:}

THESE are the ones with HIM NOW!
It just means they are not doing any thing now! They are talking in NEW JERUSALEM to each other , we see in Scripture!
Many think , that there bodies go up. This is incorrect1 as our bodies are part of this earth and stay here!
to be destroyed with the earth!

THIS Clearly tells us Everything we see with our Eyes with be gone!

2Co 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

This tells us the troubles, We All deal with in our flesh!
Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
These are the ones here at that time!

2Co 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

Active
On Saturday I went to a Michael tribute in Time Square NY, it was awesome.... great grounds to share the gospel with so many people who are mourning his great life. I did a poem for the event.

It's sad how the church can't come together like that. If there's ever a church event we have to know which denomination, what bible they're reading from before we could even consider passing by.

Saturday was a great day for christians to be on the streets giving out tracks to Michael Jackson fans..instead the first thing they'd argue is that he went to hell, because apparently they were in the hospital room when he died so they know this as a fact.

I also participated in a "Free Hug" fest, in Union Square, you hold up a sign saying free hug and wait for people to hug you. In the streets of NY everyone is always in a hurry and the fact that some stopped and walked away with a smile, was awesome.

Michael Jackson is gone but he will not be forgotten, his media cover in my eyes was not over blown because it was a death versus headlines of celebrity gossip. If we had a family member who accomplished great things INTERNATIONALLY, not just at home we'd want them to be recognised. But the truth is not every hero can get a street named after him/her and just because one gets more coverage does not make the other less of a hero. The point of being a hero should not be for recognition.

People die every day, the war has been going on for years and there has never been any complaint about tmz, or any celebrity gossip so it's irrelevant when I hear people now having a problem with some one's DEATH. During the elections we spent more time talking about Obama being the anti- christ and a muslim, no one cared about the issues. So in all truth we rely or enjoy the media only when it feeds us emotionally.

mike really had no life here on earth
I would agree with that, for the fact he had to flee his country of birth to find love. But I do know his greatest joy was helping those in need and his family. I don't know his relationship with God but I can only hope my prayers did come true.

I'm going to close this thread, I know some find a dead man is getting to much coverage, and keeping this discussion would be giving him coverage. But every african american, chinese, Indiana, hispanic, arabic etc...have Michael Jackson to thank for opening doors for minorities to be on MTV.

God bless everyone who posted, lets remember our love ones who are living and bring the gospel to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.