• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Methodist church worldwide

Dear brothers and sisters,

I'm not sure if you've heard about what the methodist churches worldwide are discussion for some time now: There are many different methodist churches worldwide and they have different opinions on some topics. One of the topic discussed is homosexuality. This topic is about to split the churches worldwide. I don't want to discuss if splitting may be good or bad. Bible says in Matth. 5,29: "And if thy right eye causeth thee to stumble, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not thy whole body be cast into hell." and in Rev. 3,16: "So because thou art lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spew thee out of my mouth."

We know many people from methodist church in Germany and these are really nice people - friendly to others, welcoming and understanding.

Please don't condemn those people but pray for them. Jesus did not teach us to discuss, judge and condemn, but to pray.

Have a great day and let God bless you!
Anni

For those who want to know more about the topic:
google: Will the Methodists Split Over Homosexuality?
wikipeia: Homosexuality and Methodism

Loyal
Praying for God to take hold of this situation and open people's eyes and ears that they might understand His will and work therein.

Staff Member
Thank you for sharing @AnNi

Yes there is certainly need for prayer in these last dark days.

Here in Australia the Uniting Church has chosen to accept homosexuality, gay marriage, gay pastors. It is so sad that many are decieved.

Loyal
Dear brothers and sisters,

I'm not sure if you've heard about what the methodist churches worldwide are discussion for some time now: There are many different methodist churches worldwide and they have different opinions on some topics. One of the topic discussed is homosexuality. This topic is about to split the churches worldwide. I don't want to discuss if splitting may be good or bad. Bible says in Matth. 5,29: "And if thy right eye causeth thee to stumble, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not thy whole body be cast into hell." and in Rev. 3,16: "So because thou art lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spew thee out of my mouth."

We know many people from methodist church in Germany and these are really nice people - friendly to others, welcoming and understanding.

Please don't condemn those people but pray for them. Jesus did not teach us to discuss, judge and condemn, but to pray.

Have a great day and let God bless you!
Anni

For those who want to know more about the topic:
google: Will the Methodists Split Over Homosexuality?
wikipeia: Homosexuality and Methodism

The scripture tells us that "the Wisdom that comes down from above is "first pure", (James 3:17) and then it goes on to describe other qualities that Wisdom has. The word, "pure" means "that it will not compromise the Word for any reason. Even if it is to bring peace among the brothers. Jesus never compromised the truth at any time, which is why a lot of people hated him, especially the religious leaders in the Church. True "love" of God will will always speak the truth to others who might not like what it says. It is always better to let people know where they stand instead of just letting them continue in their wicked ways, and think they are OK.

Remember what Jesus said......

Mat 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Luk 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

The Word of God will always cause friction between many different types of people. It will separate even those in their own family. But there is peace to those who know, understand, and do the will of God.

Luk 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
Luk 12:52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
Luk 12:53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

The scripture tells us that "the Wisdom that comes down from above is "first pure", (James 3:17) and then it goes on to describe other qualities that Wisdom has. The word, "pure" means "that it will not compromise the Word for any reason. Even if it is to bring peace among the brothers. Jesus never compromised the truth at any time, which is why a lot of people hated him, especially the religious leaders in the Church. True "love" of God will will always speak the truth to others who might not like what it says. It is always better to let people know where they stand instead of just letting them continue in their wicked ways, and think they are OK.

Remember what Jesus said......

Mat 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

The Word of God will always cause friction between many different types of people. It will separate even those in their own family. But there is peace to those who know, understand, and do the will of God.

Luk 12:52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
Luk 12:53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

very true Curtis, but although hard...

that's why I pray for the church to see the truth and to choose the right way - which is not the way those people would prefer who don't know God. Scripture says that faith can move mountains (Matth. 17,20) and scripture also tells when we as his child asks the father for some bread he will not give us a stone. So I hope and believe that when we stand together and pray (for when there are two or three in my name...) God will change the heart of those people and open their eyes to see and make the right decisions for the church.

Jesus tought us to pray and I believe in these times it's more important than it ever was before.

Loyal
very true Curtis, but although hard...

that's why I pray for the church to see the truth and to choose the right way - which is not the way those people would prefer who don't know God. Scripture says that faith can move mountains (Matth. 17,20) and scripture also tells when we as his child asks the father for some bread he will not give us a stone. So I hope and believe that when we stand together and pray (for when there are two or three in my name...) God will change the heart of those people and open their eyes to see and make the right decisions for the church.

Jesus tought us to pray and I believe in these times it's more important than it ever was before.

The Lord sees the end from the beginning, and he knows everything will turn out right. We just don't like to see the things happening before us at this time. God sees the end results and he tell us we win.