• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Merry Christmas!

Administrator
Staff Member
Merry Christmas!

Luke 2:10-12
And the angel said to them, "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. 12 And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger."

Read all about Christmas here:
http://www.talkjesus.com/scriptural-bible-answers/2635-christmas.html

A Simple Christmas
By Alice Chapin

Hundreds of ways to bring Christ and joy back into Christmas in the spirit of More-with-Less

Are you yearning for a Christmas filled with celebrations that actually mean something? Are you tired of the tinsel and credit card debt; the depression and exhaustion that this holiday now means to so many people? Do you want to establish family traditions that will teach your children to honor Christ during the holidays and give them beautiful memories for the future? If so, this book will be an inspiration to you.

A Simple Christmas will take you through the holiday season, offering hundreds of creative and meaningful activities that you can do as a family (and with friends) all during the month of December and into New Year's. The 250 pages in this book are literally bursting at the seams with heart-warming ideas. The books offers suggestions for:

• Keeping the spiritual heart of the holidays, with peace and joy.
  • Lead your whole family is doing things together.
  • Find happiness in reaching out to others and giving yourself away.
  • Cope with pressures and extra expenditures.
  • Overcome the blues and even enjoy spending the holiday alone.
  • Deal with selfish or excited youngsters.
  • Reshape customs to focus more on the Christ of Christmas.

As I read through this book, I found myself becoming more thoughtful about life in general and inspired to reclaim, not only Christmas, but many other areas in my life that have been too easily dictated by the self-dominated society. Perhaps the chapter that touched me most of all was "Goodwill and Peace to All." Christmas is about giving and receiving--and most of all to honor the One who has freely given us every good and perfect gift. May we bring joy to Him this season, as we remember those who are less fortunate than ourselves. As we all know, but so easily forget, Christmas is not about the obligatory gifts hastily ripped open and often never used. It is about giving of our time, sharing of our memories and skills, and teaching others to do the same.

The spirit of Christmas is a lifestyle, not something that can be simply turned on during the holiday season. Even so, at Christmas I think we all yearn a little more to express God's love in meaningful ways to the world around us, and exalt the truth of Jesus Christ to those who do not yet know Him. A Simple Christmas brings these foundational truths of Christianity to the forefront of our hearts and shows us practical things we can do, not only to make the holiday more meaningful, but also the rest of our lives as well. The book is not only spiritually uplifting, but also practical. It comes equipped with a budget guide, and Christmas goals worksheet for you to use as a planning tool. It will help simplify your Christmas and place the focus on the real meaning of Christmas.

Active
Merry Christmas to everyone....lots of hugs and kisses.

Jesus is the reason for the season.

May God bless you & keep you.Have great family & fellowship times.

Please remember the persecuted Christian around the world.

God loves all those He has created & blesses us equally, wether on the mountain tops & in the valleys. He came for such as these as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
'A lovely time of the year' writing that prompts me that someone already said that.......But it is a precious time , particularly to those who know him.

I attended midnight Communion across the road from my house in the Church of England, just a short while ago. This building was erected over 1000 years ago. I sat next to a brass plaque on the wall, commerating a good family who passed away in the 16th century. I put my religeon, such as it may be, in my pocket, and shared lovely fellowship with folks who like my daughter and I were there just to remember Him, and the unique way He came to save us.

God Bless you all, and have a Happy Christmas.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Emmanuel God with us!

Ben and I are in Kentucky with his family!

Praying for those who have lost loved ones this past year.

~G4G (Jen)~

Administrator
Staff Member
To all who responded to my Christmas greeting private message (mass pm sent out to everyone yesterday), thank you for your Christmas greetings in return. I got a handful of responses pretty quickly and did not have the chance to respond to each individual ones, so here I'm saying thanks to you all.

Ultimately, thank you Jesus Christ for Who You are, Lord & Savior. GOD of Mercy and Wonder!