• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

mega important question

ok so i bought arther this book right? the guy i know who is old and this book is all about the war (i found it in a bookshop in new road that is closing now) and how many soldiers always think the was in england is what people should remember because many people lost there lives ages ago for our freedom and all that. Well, thats what arther talks about alot and about how young people dont realise it or respect it yeah?

Ok so like, i found this book that talks about the war and then talks about how Jesus died for everyone and how people dont realise and say thank you to him for that as well. SO like arther read it yeah and he rang me and asked what shall i do to say to god about what jesus did? and i was like well arther you have to say this prayer right? but i dont know it ok so i will ask someone on tj and they can post it to me ( i did say it but i didnt right it down because , well i just didnt)

so if anyone knows it please could you tell me where it is in the bible or somewhere so i can tell arther before he changes his mind and tells me to stop buggin him LOL (he does that!)

I am definitly not demanding so i will wait patiently but its like so mega important if someone could do it real quick ok?

Thanks

Tim

hi hanni,
if i understand it rite, the prayer arther needs dusnt hav to b a mega complex one, it cud just b, 'i want to b ur friend lord' or sumthin like that, if that is wot arther wants, he will think of the words himself, hope that helps,
tim

Is this helping?

The Bible says there is only ONE way to Heaven!

Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

Nobody else can save you. Trust Jesus today!

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Romans 10:9

1. Admit you are a sinner.
See Romans 3:10

2. Be willing to turn from sin (repent).
See Acts 17:30

3. Believe that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried and rose from the dead.
See Romans 10:9-10

4. Through prayer, invite Jesus into your life to become your personal Saviour.
See Romans 10:13

WHAT TO PRAY

Dear God, I am a sinner and need forgiveness.
I believe, that Jesus Christ shed His precious blood and died for my sin.
I am willing to turn from sin.
I now invite Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Saviour.

If you trusted Jesus as your Saviour, you have just begun a wonderful new life with Him.

Now:

1. Read your Bible every day to get to know Jesus Christ better.

2. Talk to God in prayer every day.

3. Be baptized, worship, fellowship and serve with other christians in a church where Christ is preached and the Bible is the final authority.

4. Tell others about Jesus Christ.

:love: :love: :love: hope this helps you Hanni :love: God bless you :love:

The Sinner's Prayer

Are you refering to the so called, "The Sinner's Prayer", Heather-Anne?

The "Sinner's Prayer" is a term that describes the words spoken by a person when he or she has recognized their sin and their need for a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. It goes something like this:

“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

If you decided to repent of your sins and receive Christ today, welcome to God's family. Now, as a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment.
  • Get baptized as commanded by Christ.
  • Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
  • Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
  • Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Develop a group of believing friends to answer your questions and support you and find a local church where you can worship God.

ok thanks SO much Tim i will keep it simple

and peeps i have writen down your scriptures on a card and made them really colorful with pens and all so he can keep them, thanks alot babe!

also i will definitley tell him to remember to say thank you to god thanks Khabboora

and Yeshua i have wrote down your prayer and i will give it to him to read. Thank you i was so scared when he asked me hahaha!

i will let you know what he says

Hey Hanni, it looks as if God is really moving in your life and using you. That must feel fantastic.
You guys make it seem so simple, just say the sinners prayer and do a few other things, perhaps it is simple. If it is so why do so many people not do it when they are shown the way?

used2believe said:
Hey Hanni, it looks as if God is really moving in your life and using you. That must feel fantastic.
You guys make it seem so simple, just say the sinners prayer and do a few other things, perhaps it is simple. If it is so why do so many people not do it when they are shown the way?

yeah god can use anything and allsorts , he spoke through a donkey dont forget! that donkey wasnt 'all that!'.... neither am i.

also you said why do so many people do not do it? well i was scared of God and still am if im honest. Why is your reason used2beleive? better than asking why do people. hahaha! you sound like me LOL

your friend

used2believe said:

It is not the simplicity of the prayer that is important, but the believing behind the prayer.

1. For with the heart man believes unto righteousness. That is, the believing is the part that leads to "rightness with God (For Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness)

2. And with the mouth confession is made to salvation. The prayer is simply a confession of what is already believed in the heart.

Hope this helps.
Be blussed (present continuous tense of blessed)

I have found?Most people do not get born again ,because they do not accept JESUS CHRIST as the LORD of there lifes.He must br LORD and master over us .Or we will not know GOD AS FATHER.I think something else?GOD could not save man kind.But had to make us NEW CREATURES.Once born of GOD.We are no longer of the earth.But of NEW JERUSALEM .Just here in the flesh to allow HIm to live though us.We look forward to our HOME.

ok so AAAHHH!!!! i gave the prayer to arther to read and i told him what the replies have been to my question here and like he read it. It was so akward though because i didnt know what to do realy but i just laughed and said ya got to read it arther it is the only way into gods kingdom.

He was like what out loud? no in your head and tell me when you have read it and said it proply to god. He was worried that god would not forgive him for leaving the catholic church and never going back but i read him the bit in the bible that says about the prodigal son and he left his dad and spent all the family money that was his!!! he said he was not allowed to read the bible before it was the preists job and he just listened. So i left it him my bible to have.

It was hard trying to ask him to go to church because he thought i meant back to the catholic church and i said , hey you can go to ANY church! so like he was realy suprised!

I asked him what he liked to happen at church and he said, quiet, respect and order is a priority he said because of his condision. so i will have to ring round some and ask them what they do because sending him to Portsmouth Family Church he would not like it i think because it is to young for him and not quiert at all!

Ok so i am like soo pleased because he is over 80!!!! and he didnt have much time left i rekon. and i dont know what he thinks really about what he did but at least he will go to church i rekon. i said he had to or god would think he wasnt serious about his prayer. but it will also be good for him to get out of the house as he dusnot have any friends and i hardly see him much and i dont know him very well apart from seeing him walking down the road and also getting his milk sometimes.

yeah like so thank you everyone for answering so quickly my question, it looks like another person just joined the club before it was too late i think HA!

As I sit here and read this ( I read it this morning too ) I am completely speechless. I didn't want to reply this morning as Peeps covered in her verses she wrote down, those were the verses we went thru too Hanni. Do you realize that God used you Hanni to reach this man? Like you said there may not be enough time left for him but he is now going into the Kingdom of God because you took a step of faith and shared your love of Jesus to a hurt, sad man. I am praising my Father in Heaven for using you and for a new member into God family. Hanni, I praise God for you.

mymakersdaughter said:
As I sit here and read this ( I read it this morning too ) I am completely speechless. I didn't want to reply this morning as Peeps covered in her verses she wrote down, those were the verses we went thru too Hanni. Do you realize that God used you Hanni to reach this man? Like you said there may not be enough time left for him but he is now going into the Kingdom of God because you took a step of faith and shared your love of Jesus to a hurt, sad man. I am praising my Father in Heaven for using you and for a new member into God family. Hanni, I praise God for you.

amen

may the Lord continue to bless you sis and may His love always flow through you

God bless

scrappy