• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Mayflower's Lifesongs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Active
Dolphin shadow in the night
It swam up my wall, to the ceiling, and into the light...

This is the type of things I see
Then the Bible teaches me...

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. (James 1:17)

Seek the Father!!!! Study God's Word!!!! In Him is abundant life and prosperity!!!!
---------

A Grateful Heart

I thought I'd start over...
I share my heart
My heart is gracious to my Father.
He sent His Son Jesus for you and me
Jesus lived a sinless, humble life for you and me
Jesus was beaten and died on a cross for you and me
Three days later, He conquered death.
He rose from the grave for you and me

Because of Jesus I live
Because of Jesus I have joy
Because of Jesus I have peace
Because of Jesus, I have Holy Spirit
Because of Jesus, I really know love

My heart sings praises to my King
In sunshine and rain I praise His name

Active
Why I am "Mayflower":

shore-760x760.png

126ed5597a983dedf8ae9c785d870a75.jpg

In Christ I have courage to move actively in faith!!!! (Isaiah 43:2)

Active
In the evening I will pray
I will sing to You
I will praise Your Name
You are Holy
You are amazing God
You take away all my fear
You give perfect love instead
I can rest in Your presence
Your presence gives life and peace
As Your Word says,
In Your presence is fullness of joy

Active
I do not know what is right sometimes
What I do know is Your Word, God
I know Your Word heals and brings life
Your Word speaks of abundant life
You say Your yoke is easy
Your burden is light
In You I find rest for my soul
I come this morning grateful
You are so, so good
As one song says, You are good
A good Father, is who You are
I would be nowhere without You
You are my lifesong
You are my reason for living
You are my reason to keep going
My eyes are You
I trust You today and forever

Active
I am never alone
You go with me with Your mighty hand
My God gives me courage
My God gives me strength
He is my strong tower
He is my refuge
I am thankful for Your Word
I abide in Your Word and I prosper
Thank You for Your goodness
Thank You for Your mercy and grace
But most of all
Thank You for Your unfailing love

Active
His mercies are new every single day
Every Morning, His Word does say
It is a blessing to lay things down
At His feet, He gives me, a Holy white gown
He washed my hands of guilt and shame
He calls me His in Jesus Mighty Name
He fills me with His Spirit strong,
That as an offering, I can sing my Life song
Every part of me cries Holy
He is my life and testimony

Active
I thought I'd start sharing some of my dreams and things I have learned through them. So here is a thought for today...

One time I had this dream where I was staring at this huge white wall with thousands of ladders dressed in clothes like people!!! Some were black and broken. They really stood out to me. I asked a teenager what she thought about the broken ladders, but she had headphones on her head and everything. She wasn't really paying attention. A friend helped interpret this dream for me.

Sometimes there are going to be people we can't help on our own. We have to discern and choose who to put our energy into. Some precious people God has given to be able to handle those at the end of the rope and bring them to a better place. I was thinking about the teenager more too, and realize we have to be paying attention to see the red flags... There has been times I have been so drained of energy trying to help someone, and fallen back into things myself. When that happens, then I can't be much of a help or testimony to anyone. I have to guard my heart. Even when it comes to ministries and things like that. Ministry can drain big time if the right amount of intake of the Word is not getting in.

I do not think there are any helpless causes. I know I personally do not feel strong or equipped enough to help those at the end of their ropes, but I can help encourage and exhort every person and pray for every person. Each of us have to exercise wisdom and discernment in who to help more personally, and how much we can handle when helping others. As Christians though, we are all to do SOMETHING.

07c7c8573de082deef2c9e7802cfe81f.jpg

Active
The Bible is more then enough by itself, but dreams have provided good analogies to think about. Here is another one...

I had this about a year ago and there were things I saw in front of my eyes in the middle of the night.

Night 1: I woke up, and saw a net over my ceiling in the bedroom. It was red and stretched across the entire bedroom. I saw pinkish in the living room, like it was starting to spread into the living room as well…

• I believe the room represented my mind and the net over my room represented anxiety that has always been a struggle for me.

Night 2: I woke up and saw things I liked burned into the wall. They were things I put into my mind. There were a few words, but specifically remember "Hogwarts", which is the school in Harry Potter.

• I believe now these are things I put into my mind. Harry Potter involves witchcraft, things like that. I think God was showing me things that made me anxious, because it has always been a major area in my prayer life. It was also something that was off and on a matter of conviction for me.

Night 3: I woke up and in front of me was a red blotch in front of me. Paint and blood simultaneously came to my mind. Then it started raising up over my head and started tunneling into the ceiling like a tent. I looked over at my husband and back up. It was gone!

• The part in the Bible where the Israelites were told to paint the blood of a lamb over their houses came to my mind. God told them to do this, because He sent a plague over the Egyptians to kill all the first born. (Ezekiel 12:23-24) And of course in NT, it is such a blessing to be able to be washed by the cleansing blood the lamb. Because of our Father's sacrifice of His son, people now can have salvation!!!! Not only that, but there is so many more benefits.
  • I think here, God was telling me to renew my mind in Christ Jesus in order to break out of anxiety. Sometimes it is hard to lay down things of the world, but the Bible says,
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

Philippians 4:8 NASB1995

And also:

Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

Romans 12:1‭-‬2 NASB1995

So I thought this was a good analogy for me that I will not easily forget to be careful what I feed my mind. It took a very long time to "get it." It seems so easy to just consume the Word of God. Just meditate in it day and night? There are so many distractions and for me, it was so hard to break through all that… but I hope this speaks to somebody and encourages them to renew your minds in Christ Jesus, because He made a way for all of us to be free from sin and death. I want to choose abundant life and choose to always think upon those things that give life.

Active
My husband is strong
He is kind and so loving
I love him so much

For him I do pray
I follow his example
His kids follow too

May they see him pray
May they see him praise the Lord
May he thank God out loud

His heart is golden
He is quiet and gentle