• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

A major part of Christians in the U.S. base there belief in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Their whole premise and doctrinal belief is in the 2nd chapter of Acts:

The Day of Pentecost.

I dare say 90% of American churches teach this

So are they Jews or members of the Body Of Christ?

Acts 3:25 .

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed........these are the Jews. .

Their statement of Faith is John 3:16.

Ephesian 2:
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Romans 7:4
Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ

1 Corinthians 12:27
Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

I am of the uncircumcised.

Do they see the Power of the Cross This is for me;

I thank God I am excepted in the Body of Christ.

Where do you want to be. You have a choice

Active
Romans 2:28-29 "For he is NOT A JEW who is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision which is outward OF THE FLESH: BUT HE IS A JEW, which is ONE INWARDLY; AND CIRCUMCISION IS OF THE HEART, in the SPIRIT, and not in the letter ;whose praise is not of men, but of God."
To add to that, i would just say that the definition of a JEW (Gods people), changed when he brought in the New Covenant. The Praise that these spiritual Jews seek is of God their Father only. They don't care about praise from a man as they only seek to please the Father in a reverential awe.

Active
No, but like Paul says the definition of a Jew (Gods chosen people) changed at the beginning of the New Covenant. So when we say a flesh Jew they did not believe the same as a Spiritual Jew, and the flesh Jew was no longer considered a TRUE JEW (the chosen of God).

Active
Yes, but to only the jews and gentiles that are called according to God. They then are the NEW JEWS.

No, the Jewish believers in Christ continued waiting for the Messiah, The Christ, The King. They believed the second coming would be happen soon. They believed in the Gospel of the Kingdom.

Paul was moved to teach the Gospel of Grace and not the Gospel of the Kingdom.

Active
Thats a contradiction of terms in that they couldn't be true believers in Jesus Christ as the messiah if they were still waiting for Christ to show up.
What I'm saying is that God saved such as should be saved the Day of Pentecost right? So those, and some were Jews in the flesh, Peter for example, received the gift of faith that allowed them to believe and receive the Holy Ghost. These NEW CREATURES WHETHER THEY BE JEWS OR GENTILES IN THE FLESH IS IRRELEVANT, because they are now JEWS IN THE SPIRIT. A CIRCUMCISION OF THE HEART HAS OCCURRED, and they are indwelled by the Spirit of God, sealed as it were.

Acts 20:24-25 King James Version (KJV)
24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

Thats a contradiction of terms in that they couldn't be true believers in Jesus Christ as the messiah if they were still waiting for Christ to show up.
What I'm saying is that God saved such as should be saved the Day of Pentecost right? So those, and some were Jews in the flesh, Peter for example, received the gift of faith that allowed them to believe and receive the Holy Ghost. These NEW CREATURES WHETHER THEY BE JEWS OR GENTILES IN THE FLESH IS IRRELEVANT, because they are now JEWS IN THE SPIRIT. A CIRCUMCISION OF THE HEART HAS OCCURRED, and they are indwelled by the Spirit of God, sealed as it were.

The Jewish believers continues believing in the Law. If it is Law it cannot be grace.

You cannot believe in both Law and Grace.

Active
Agree. And a true believer knows that we are saved by grace through faith, not by works of the law. But we do follow the law of love instead.

These are Jewish believers in Christ:
They are of the Gospel of the Kingdom;
Acts 21:20 King James Version (KJV)
20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:

These are Christians:
They are of the Gospel of Grace:
Romans 7:4
Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ

Peter never understood what Paul was teaching:

2 Peter 3:15-16 King James Version (KJV)

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Active
Continue reading 21 and 22 in Acts, the 21:20 excerpt doesn't expalin it all, it's just one verse. Let the rest of the chapter and the next fill in the blanks.

Continue reading 21 and 22 in Acts, the 21:20 excerpt doesn't expalin it all, it's just one verse. Let the rest of the chapter and the next fill in the blanks.

Did the Jews turn away from the Law and The Gospel of the Kingdom to follow The Gospel of Grace?

Did Peter understand what Paul was teaching?

Active
Those Jews of the flesh that were called of God did, but it's harder on them because it was sudden dramatic shift in belief. The law of Moses was ingrained in them and that was a hard thing to leave especially seeing the persecution of the Christian from the Jewish community. This may be why there were not that many who found what they sought.
I think Peter got It eventually. We can glean a little from his small writings before the Revelation.