• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Matthew 24 to the Jew only? Why not John 3:16 and John 14 as well?

Active
Pretribbers claim Matthew 24 is written only to the Jew for the Jew to be prepared in the time of Jacob's distress (Daniels 70th week). They argue that it doesn't pertain to the ekklesia, but is exclusive to the Jew because Jesus's audience was strictly Jewish and Jesus's eartly ministry was to and for the Jew. But, they speak in circles when asked why John 3, or John 14, while preached during Jesus's earthly ministry exclusively to the Jews, is for the ekklesia.

Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are witnesses to the goyim nations, even though they are records of Jesus's earthly ministry. Each of MML&J pertain directly to the ekklesia by virtue of God's preordained plan to provoke Israel to reach the goyim nations with the LIGHT of SALVATION.

Thoughts?

Active
Hi Jerry can you post the scripture you are speaking of?

thanks
Matthew 24 thru Matthew 25. Best if you read each chapter and ask yourself: is Jesus speaking of the same cosmic disturbances prophesied in Joel 2, Isaiah 13, Revelation, and HIS return, that is: the same parousia, as well as the same warnings against deception, the same temple desolation, the same lawlessness, the same persecution cut short, and all the other parallels with, and mentioned by Paul in, 1 and 2 Thessalonians, as well as the parallels mentioned by John in Revelation, i.e., false Christ, wars, famine, martyrdom, great tribulation, celestial disturbances, the Lord's wrath.

All of these parallels are given to each of the authors of each of the separate writings by inspiration of one God. Our God is not a god of confusion; God would not say to one apostle, for example: that parousia means one thing, and then say to another apostle that parousia means somethong altogether different. Same goes fot all of the parallels: each means the same thing and speaks to the same event.

Active
Matthew 24 thru Matthew 25. Best if you read each chapter and ask yourself: is Jesus speaking of the same cosmic disturbances prophesied in Joel 2, Isaiah 13, Revelation, and HIS return, that is: the same parousia, as well as the same warnings against deception, the same temple desolation, the same lawlessness, the same persecution cut short, and all the other parallels with, and mentioned by Paul in, 1 and 2 Thessalonians, as well as the parallels mentioned by John in Revelation, i.e., false Christ, wars, famine, martyrdom, great tribulation, celestial disturbances, the Lord's wrath.

All of these parallels are given to each of the authors of each of the separate writings by inspiration of one God. Our God is not a god of confusion; God would not say to one apostle, for example: that parousia means one thing, and then say to another apostle that parousia means something altogether different. Same goes fot all of the parallels: each means the same thing and speaks to the same event.

Loyal
Pretribbers claim Matthew 24 is written only to the Jew for the Jew to be prepared in the time of Jacob's distress (Daniels 70th week).

This has been discussed at length in probably a dozen threads here over the last year.

Matt 24:15; “Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place—let the reader understand— 16 then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains. 17 Whoever is on the housetop must not go down to get things out of his house. 18 And whoever is in the field must not turn back to get his cloak. 19 But woe to those women who are pregnant, and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 Moreover, pray that when you flee, it will not be in the winter, or on a Sabbath. 21 For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will again. 22 And if those days had not been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short. 23 Then if anyone says to you, ‘Behold, here is the Christ,’ or ‘He is over here,’ do not believe him. 24 For false christs and false prophets will arise and will provide great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect. 25 Behold, I have told you in advance. 26 So if they say to you, ‘Behold, He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Behold, He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe them. 27 For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28 Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.

Matt 24:29; “But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. 31 And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet blast, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

It says this will be the greatest tribulation ever. The worst of all time, that ever was, and ever will be. But it says the Elect are still here during this time. There has been a lot of discussion of who the "elect" are.
Go back and read how many times the word "elect" is mentioned in this passage. Now notice in verse 31 it is the "elect" that get gathered up and raptured. Notice says "after" the tribulation.

So if Gentiles are not part of the elect, they aren't getting raptured.

Mark 13:14; “Now when you see the abomination of desolation standing where it should not be—let the reader understand—then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains. 15 Whoever is on the housetop must not go down, nor go in to get anything out of his house. 16 And whoever is in the field must not turn back to get his cloak. 17 But woe to those women who are pregnant, and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 18 Moreover, pray that it will not happen in winter. 19 For those days will be such a time of tribulation as has not occurred since the beginning of the creation which God created until now, and never will again. 20 And if the Lord had not shortened those days, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect, whom He chose, He shortened the days. 21 And then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ’; or, ‘Look, there He is’; do not believe it; 22 for false christs and false prophets will arise, and will provide signs and wonders, in order to mislead, if possible, the elect. 23 But beware; I have told you everything in advance.

Mark 13:24; “But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light, 25 and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers that are in the heavens will be shaken. 26 And then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. 27 And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the end of the earth to the end of heaven.

Mark says the same thing. "After" the tribulation... then the elect will be raptured (gathered up).

Loyal
Matt 24:15; references Daniel 12 (the abomination of desolation) Jewish tradition says this was a sacrifice of a swine (the most unclean animal in Judaism) in the temple.

Daniel 12:1; Now at that time Michael, the great prince who stands guard over the sons of your people, will arise. And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time; and at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the book, will be rescued. 2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt. 3 And those who have insight will shine like the glow of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever. 4 But as for you, Daniel, keep these words secret and seal up the book until the end of time; many will roam about, and knowledge will increase.”

5 Then I, Daniel, looked, and behold, two others were standing, one on this bank of the stream and the other on that bank of the stream. 6 And someone said to the man dressed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream, “How long will it be until the end of these wonders?” 7 And I heard the man dressed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream, as he raised his right hand and his left toward heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever that it would be for a time, times, and half a time; and as soon as they finish smashing the power of the holy people, all these events will be completed. 8 But as for me, I heard but did not understand; so I said, “My lord, what will be the outcome of these events?” 9 And he said, “Go your way, Daniel, for these words will be kept secret and sealed up until the end time. 10 Many will be purged, cleansed, and refined, but the wicked will act wickedly; and none of the wicked will understand, but those who have insight will understand. 11 And from the time that the regular sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. 12 Blessed is the one who is patient and attains to the 1,335 days! 13 But as for you, go your way to the end; then you will rest and rise for your allotted portion at the end of the age.”

Daniel 12 mentions "a time of distress such as has never occurred" this appears to correlate with Matt 24 and Mark 13. It says "at that time" everyone who is in the book of life will be rescued.
It doesn't say just the Jews, it doesn't say just the Gentiles. It says "everyone" who is in the book of life (who is on the Earth at that time)

The time + times + half a time, = 3 1/2 years of the great tribulation. Also the 1,290 days is slightly longer than 3 1/2 years. The 1.335 days is closer to 3 years and 7 months.
But it says here "blessed in the one" who attains to the 1,335 days. That would seem to indicate the end of the great tribulation. This would be the time that "everyone who is written in the book of life"
is rescued and taken up.

Loyal
4 times in John's Gospel we read...
I shall raise him ON THE LAST DAY.

John 6:39
And this is the will of the Father who sent me, that everyone who He gave me - I shall lose none of him, but rather, I shall raise him on the last day

John 6:40
And this is the will of Him who sent me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him has eternal life, and I shall raise him on the last day

John 6:44
No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I shall raise him on the last day

John 6:54
He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I shall raise him on the last day.

Loyal
What time, what day, what week, can come after the last day?

The Bible speaks of the "end of the age" or in some cases "the next age" or "the age to come".
Matt 12:32; Mark 10:30; 1Cor 10:11; Eph 1:21; Eph 2:7; Heb 6:5; etc...

Active
The Bible speaks of the "end of the age" or in some cases "the next age" or "the age to come".
Matt 12:32; Mark 10:30; 1Cor 10:11; Eph 1:21; Eph 2:7; Heb 6:5; etc...
That is not the question , God said last day, there in John . Jesus tells us without ambiguity the resurrection is the last day. He does not say age or days, there in John

Active
This has been discussed at length in probably a dozen threads here over the last year.

Matt 24:15; “Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place—let the reader understand— 16 then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains. 17 Whoever is on the housetop must not go down to get things out of his house. 18 And whoever is in the field must not turn back to get his cloak. 19 But woe to those women who are pregnant, and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 Moreover, pray that when you flee, it will not be in the winter, or on a Sabbath. 21 For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will again. 22 And if those days had not been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short. 23 Then if anyone says to you, ‘Behold, here is the Christ,’ or ‘He is over here,’ do not believe him. 24 For false christs and false prophets will arise and will provide great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect. 25 Behold, I have told you in advance. 26 So if they say to you, ‘Behold, He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Behold, He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe them. 27 For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28 Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.

Matt 24:29; “But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. 31 And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet blast, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

It says this will be the greatest tribulation ever. The worst of all time, that ever was, and ever will be. But it says the Elect are still here during this time. There has been a lot of discussion of who the "elect" are.
Go back and read how many times the word "elect" is mentioned in this passage. Now notice in verse 31 it is the "elect" that get gathered up and raptured. Notice says "after" the tribulation.

Mark 13:14; “Now when you see the abomination of desolation standing where it should not be—let the reader understand—then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains. 15 Whoever is on the housetop must not go down, nor go in to get anything out of his house. 16 And whoever is in the field must not turn back to get his cloak. 17 But woe to those women who are pregnant, and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 18 Moreover, pray that it will not happen in winter. 19 For those days will be such a time of tribulation as has not occurred since the beginning of the creation which God created until now, and never will again. 20 And if the Lord had not shortened those days, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect, whom He chose, He shortened the days. 21 And then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ’; or, ‘Look, there He is’; do not believe it; 22 for false christs and false prophets will arise, and will provide signs and wonders, in order to mislead, if possible, the elect. 23 But beware; I have told you everything in advance.

Mark 13:24; “But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light, 25 and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers that are in the heavens will be shaken. 26 And then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. 27 And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the end of the earth to the end of heaven.

Mark says the same thing. "After" the tribulation... then the elect will be raptured (gathered up).
Yes, the elect (eklektous)

Yes, brother, the elect, or eklektōn,

Yes, the elect, or eklektous, same word used in Matthew, Mark,
2 Timothy, and eklektōn used in Luke, 1 Timothy, and Titus, and eklekto as used in Matthew Colossians, and Revelation, and eklektois as used in 1 Peter 1:2, 2:6, and eklektē as used in 2 John 1, all of which mean the same thing, which is: the chosen.

As I mentioned in my OP, the Holy Spirit is not the author of confusion. God does not want anyone confused by these several writers use of the same word and root-word for chosen. To the contrary: God is making it clear that the chosen will be subject to great tribulation, save the tribulation that comes with the wrath of God.

Active
The 1,335 days is closer to 3 years and 7 months.
Good grief - know thou nothing of prophecy?
1335 = 1917 AD > the Balfour Declaration > the liberation of Jerusalem from Islamic rule > the return of Jews to their homeland
of interest also is the Year of Jubilee (50 year commandment for land to be returned back to original owners) 1917 + 50 = 1967 > Six Day War > Judah regains all of Israel.

Active
save the tribulation that comes with the wrath of God.
1Thess 1:9 For THEY report concerning us what manner of entering in we had unto you; and how ye turned unto God from idols, to be bondmen of a living and true God,
1:10 and to wait for his Son from the heavens, whom he raised from the dead: Jesus, who delivereth us from the wrath to come.

The Spirit-filled church - the body of Christ - shall through faith and righteousness be spared from the wrath that is coming upon this world.

Psalm 37:34 Wait for the LORD and keep his way, and he will exalt you to inherit the land; you will look on when the wicked are cut off.
39 The salvation of the righteous is from the LORD; he is their stronghold in the time of trouble.
40 The LORD helps them and delivers them; he delivers them from the wicked and saves them, because they take refuge in him.

Active
1Thess 1:9 For THEY report concerning us what manner of entering in we had unto you; and how ye turned unto God from idols, to be bondmen of a living and true God,
1:10 and to wait for his Son from the heavens, whom he raised from the dead: Jesus, who delivereth us from the wrath to come.

The Spirit-filled church - the body of Christ - shall through faith and righteousness be spared from the wrath that is coming upon this world.

Psalm 37:34 Wait for the LORD and keep his way, and he will exalt you to inherit the land; you will look on when the wicked are cut off.
39 The salvation of the righteous is from the LORD; he is their stronghold in the time of trouble.
40 The LORD helps them and delivers them; he delivers them from the wicked and saves them, because they take refuge in him.
Correct: we saints are saved from the wrath of God that is to come. But, just as God allowed Satan to torture Job, murder Job's chidren and servants, send Job through great tribulation, and cause the lose all Job's wealth, so will God allow Satan to bring his wrath upon the earth in the end of the age. The ekklesia will endure this great tribulation, but not the wrath of God that is to come.

Active
My Refuge and My Fortress
Psalm 91:1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
91:2 I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
91:3 For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.
91:4 He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
91:5 You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
91:6 nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.
91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
91:8 You will only look with your eyes and see the recompense of the wicked.
91:9 Because you have made the LORD your dwelling place - the Most High, who is my refuge -
91:10 no evil shall be allowed to befall you, no plague come near your tent.
91:11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.
91:12 On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.
91:13 You will tread on the lion and the adder; the young lion and the serpent you will trample underfoot.
91:14 “Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name.
91:15 When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honour him.
91:16 With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”

Active
My Refuge and My Fortress
Psalm 91:1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
91:2 I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
91:3 For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.
91:4 He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
91:5 You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
91:6 nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.
91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
91:8 You will only look with your eyes and see the recompense of the wicked.
91:9 Because you have made the LORD your dwelling place - the Most High, who is my refuge -
91:10 no evil shall be allowed to befall you, no plague come near your tent.
91:11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.
91:12 On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.
91:13 You will tread on the lion and the adder; the young lion and the serpent you will trample underfoot.
91:14 “Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name.
91:15 When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honour him.
91:16 With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”
In times of trouble. Amen.

Loyal
Good grief - know thou nothing of prophecy?
1335 = 1917 AD > the Balfour Declaration > the liberation of Jerusalem from Islamic rule > the return of Jews to their homeland
of interest also is the Year of Jubilee (50 year commandment for land to be returned back to original owners) 1917 + 50 = 1967 > Six Day War > Judah regains all of Israel.

Yeah, heard all this before. Sorry no preterism for me.

Loyal
That is not the question , God said last day, there in John . Jesus tells us without ambiguity the resurrection is the last day. He does not say age or days, there in John

Totally agree 'The last day' not last days, not latter days

The Last Day.

End of Tribulation Period.

Shalom