• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Matthew 18:18-19 Meaning: "Binding and Loosing"

Administrator
Staff Member
Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. ~ Matthew 18:18-19

"What does the Bible mean by binding and loosing?"

Answer: The concept of “binding and loosing” is taught in the Bible in Matthew 16:19: “I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” In this verse, Jesus is speaking directly to the apostle Peter and indirectly to the other apostles. Jesus' words meant that Peter would have the right to enter the kingdom himself, that he would have general authority symbolized by the possession of the keys, and that preaching the gospel would be the means of opening the kingdom of heaven to all believers and shutting it against unbelievers. The book of Acts shows us this process at work. By his sermon on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:14-40), Peter opened the door of the kingdom for the first time. The expressions “bind” and “loose” were common to Jewish legal phraseology meaning to declare something forbidden or to declare it allowed.

Peter and the other disciples were to continue Christ’s work on earth in preaching the gospel and declaring God’s will to men and they were armed with the same authority as He possessed. In Matthew 18:18, there is also a reference to the binding and loosing in the context of church discipline. The apostles do not usurp Christ’s lordship and authority over individual believers and their eternal destiny, but they do exercise the authority to discipline and, if necessary, excommunicate disobedient church members.

It’s not that the apostles were given the privilege of changing God’s mind, as if whatever they decided on earth would be duplicated in heaven; rather, they were encouraged that, as they moved forward in their apostolic duties, they would be fulfilling God’s plan in heaven. When the apostles “bound” something, or forbade it on earth, they were carrying out the will of God in the matter. When they “loosed” something, or allowed it on earth, they were likewise fulfilling God’s eternal plan. In both Matthew 16:19 and 18:18, the syntax of the Greek text makes the meaning clear: “Whatever thou mayest bind upon the earth shall be having been bound in the heavens, and whatever thou mayest loose upon the earth shall be having been loosed in the heavens” (Matthew 16:19, Young’s Literal Translation). Or, as the Amplified Bible puts it, “Whatever you bind [forbid, declare to be improper and unlawful] on earth will have [already] been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose [permit, declare lawful] on earth will have [already] been loosed in heaven.”

Jesus taught that the apostles had a special task on earth. Their words of authority, as recorded in the New Testament epistles, reflect God’s will for the church. When Paul declared an anathema on those who pervert the gospel, then we know that anathema was already declared in heaven (see Galatians 1:8–9).

above portion from: What does the Bible mean by binding and loosing?

[BGCOLOR=rgb(71, 85, 119)]John Gill's Exposition of the Bible[/BGCOLOR]

Matthew 18:18

Verily I say unto you

To them all, what he had said before to Peter; (See Gill on Matthew 16:19): what is said here, refers to things and not persons, as there also.

Matthew 18:19

Again, I say unto you

As the words in the former verse seem to regard the whole body of the disciples, whose decisions in cases brought before them, declaring them just or unjust, are determinate and unalterable; these seem to respect the one or two, that should join the offended person in the reproof of the offender, and are spoken for their encouragement; who might think proper either to premise, or follow their engaging in such a work with prayer:

that if two of you shall agree on earth, as touching anything that
they shall ask
;

both in the case before mentioned, and in any other thing: whether it be for themselves or others; to assist them in the ministry of the word, and give success to it, for the conversion of sinners; and in the performance of any miracle, for the confirmation of the Gospel; in the administration of ordinances, for the comfort of saints; and in laying on of censures, for the reclaiming of backsliders; or be it what it will that may be done, consistent with the glory of God, the purposes of his mind, and the declarations of his will, and the good of men, provided they agree in their requests; though they are here on earth, and at such a distance from heaven, from whence their help and assistance come:

it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven;

with whom nothing is impossible; and who, as he regards the effectual fervent prayer of any righteous man, so more, of two agreed together in anyone thing; and still more, of a church and community of saints in their united requests: a great encouragement this to social prayer, though ever so few are engaged in it.

Loyal
Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. ~ Matthew 18:18-19

"What does the Bible mean by binding and loosing?"

Answer: The concept of “binding and loosing” is taught in the Bible in Matthew 16:19: “I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” In this verse, Jesus is speaking directly to the apostle Peter and indirectly to the other apostles. Jesus' words meant that Peter would have the right to enter the kingdom himself, that he would have general authority symbolized by the possession of the keys, and that preaching the gospel would be the means of opening the kingdom of heaven to all believers and shutting it against unbelievers. The book of Acts shows us this process at work. By his sermon on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:14-40), Peter opened the door of the kingdom for the first time. The expressions “bind” and “loose” were common to Jewish legal phraseology meaning to declare something forbidden or to declare it allowed.

Peter and the other disciples were to continue Christ’s work on earth in preaching the gospel and declaring God’s will to men and they were armed with the same authority as He possessed. In Matthew 18:18, there is also a reference to the binding and loosing in the context of church discipline. The apostles do not usurp Christ’s lordship and authority over individual believers and their eternal destiny, but they do exercise the authority to discipline and, if necessary, excommunicate disobedient church members.

It’s not that the apostles were given the privilege of changing God’s mind, as if whatever they decided on earth would be duplicated in heaven; rather, they were encouraged that, as they moved forward in their apostolic duties, they would be fulfilling God’s plan in heaven. When the apostles “bound” something, or forbade it on earth, they were carrying out the will of God in the matter. When they “loosed” something, or allowed it on earth, they were likewise fulfilling God’s eternal plan. In both Matthew 16:19 and 18:18, the syntax of the Greek text makes the meaning clear: “Whatever thou mayest bind upon the earth shall be having been bound in the heavens, and whatever thou mayest loose upon the earth shall be having been loosed in the heavens” (Matthew 16:19, Young’s Literal Translation). Or, as the Amplified Bible puts it, “Whatever you bind [forbid, declare to be improper and unlawful] on earth will have [already] been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose [permit, declare lawful] on earth will have [already] been loosed in heaven.”

Jesus taught that the apostles had a special task on earth. Their words of authority, as recorded in the New Testament epistles, reflect God’s will for the church. When Paul declared an anathema on those who pervert the gospel, then we know that anathema was already declared in heaven (see Galatians 1:8–9).

above portion from: What does the Bible mean by binding and loosing?

[BGCOLOR=rgb(71, 85, 119)]John Gill's Exposition of the Bible[/BGCOLOR]

Matthew 18:18

Verily I say unto you

To them all, what he had said before to Peter; (See Gill on Matthew 16:19): what is said here, refers to things and not persons, as there also.

Matthew 18:19

Again, I say unto you

As the words in the former verse seem to regard the whole body of the disciples, whose decisions in cases brought before them, declaring them just or unjust, are determinate and unalterable; these seem to respect the one or two, that should join the offended person in the reproof of the offender, and are spoken for their encouragement; who might think proper either to premise, or follow their engaging in such a work with prayer:

that if two of you shall agree on earth, as touching anything that
they shall ask
;

both in the case before mentioned, and in any other thing: whether it be for themselves or others; to assist them in the ministry of the word, and give success to it, for the conversion of sinners; and in the performance of any miracle, for the confirmation of the Gospel; in the administration of ordinances, for the comfort of saints; and in laying on of censures, for the reclaiming of backsliders; or be it what it will that may be done, consistent with the glory of God, the purposes of his mind, and the declarations of his will, and the good of men, provided they agree in their requests; though they are here on earth, and at such a distance from heaven, from whence their help and assistance come:

it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven;

with whom nothing is impossible; and who, as he regards the effectual fervent prayer of any righteous man, so more, of two agreed together in anyone thing; and still more, of a church and community of saints in their united requests: a great encouragement this to social prayer, though ever so few are engaged in it.
You don't think it has to do with the fact that as Christians we rule in the Earth...We have dominion in the Earth...which means we reign as Kings and Priests...?

Matthew 18:18-19
18 Yes! I tell you people that whatever you prohibit on earth will be prohibited in heaven, and whatever you permit on earth will be permitted in heaven. 19 To repeat, I tell you that if two of you here on earth agree about anything people ask, it will be for them from my Father in heaven.

Loyal
If 'we' as Christians Did rule on the earth -- would 'we' allow all the grief and hardships that we do know are here in abundance? But we Would want to do what is right 'in our own eyes'.

Adam and Eve were given dominion over the animals in the world.

Born again believers -- since the cross -- are 'priests' -- we can go directly to God through Jesus Christ -- our high priest.

In this day and age -- I don't see any believers reigning as kings and priests. Well -- except in the RCC. They have priests instead of pastors.

'We' are not reigning as Kings and Priests.

Loyal
I almost feel like I need to take a vacation from some of these threads of conversation.

Loyal
If 'we' as Christians Did rule on the earth -- would 'we' allow all the grief and hardships that we do know are here in abundance? But we Would want to do what is right 'in our own eyes'.

Adam and Eve were given dominion over the animals in the world.

Born again believers -- since the cross -- are 'priests' -- we can go directly to God through Jesus Christ -- our high priest.

In this day and age -- I don't see any believers reigning as kings and priests. Well -- except in the RCC. They have priests instead of pastors.

'We' are not reigning as Kings and Priests.
No..We're not ruling as kings and priests....much to our shame....Satan has taught all sorts of lies and we've soaked them up as gospel...We've bowed our knee to a liar. od blessed them: God said to them, “Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea, the birds in the air and every living creature that crawls on the earth.” 29 Then God said, “Here! Throughout the whole earth I am giving you as food every seed-bearing plant and every tree with seed-bearing fruit. 30 And to every wild animal, bird in the air and creature crawling on the earth, in which there is a living soul, I am giving as food every kind of green plant.” And that is how it was." So, not just animals but everything that has a soul.....We are still to rule and reign....And we don't....

Staff Member
Greetings all,

The following quote is from an earlier thread on this subject.
May it be a blessing to you all

I found this from gotquestions.org

Question: "What does the Bible mean by binding and loosing?"

Answer: The concept of "binding and loosing" is taught in Matthew 16:19 and 18:18, "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." In this verse, Jesus is speaking directly to the Apostle Peter, and indirectly to the other apostles. Jesus' words meant that Peter would have the right to enter the kingdom himself, would have general authority therein symbolized by the possession of the keys, and preaching the gospel would be the means of opening the kingdom of heaven to all believers and shutting it against unbelievers. The book of Acts shows us this process at work. By his sermon on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:14-40), Peter opened the door of the kingdom for the first time. The expressions "bind" and "loose" were common to Jewish legal phraseology meaning to declare forbidden or to declare allowed.

Peter and the other disciples were to continue on earth the work of Christ in preaching the gospel and declaring God's will to men, and were armed with the same authority as He Himself possessed. In Matthew 18, there is also a definite reference to the binding and loosing of church discipline. The apostles do not usurp Christ's lordship and authority over individual believers and their eternal destiny, but they do exercise the authority to discipline and, if necessary, excommunicate disobedient church members.

Christ in heaven ratifies what is done in His name and in obedience to His Word on earth. In both Matthew 16:19 and 18:18, the syntax of the Greek text makes the meaning clear. What you bind on earth will already have been bound in Heaven. What you loose on earth will already have been loosed in Heaven. In other words, Jesus in heaven, looses the authority of His Word as it goes forth on earth for the fulfillment of its purpose.

God bless :love: :rainbow: :rose:

from
Bound on earth, bound in heaven?

Bless you ....><>

Love is For Giving
God is Love​

Loyal
No..We're not ruling as kings and priests....much to our shame....Satan has taught all sorts of lies and we've soaked them up as gospel...We've bowed our knee to a liar. od blessed them: God said to them, “Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea, the birds in the air and every living creature that crawls on the earth.” 29 Then God said, “Here! Throughout the whole earth I am giving you as food every seed-bearing plant and every tree with seed-bearing fruit. 30 And to every wild animal, bird in the air and creature crawling on the earth, in which there is a living soul, I am giving as food every kind of green plant.” And that is how it was." So, not just animals but everything that has a soul.....We are still to rule and reign....And we don't....

You've forgotten the "as food" part?

And, yes, we Do rule over the animal world. We Can kill any animal we want to for food and/or self-defense. AND every kind of green plant has been given for the animal world to eat. Of course, there Are civil laws to know and obey. There are hunting seasons for various animals in various parts of the world. And some animals are Not to be eaten for various health reasons. And some animals are killed for their skins.

Everything that has the breath of life in it. = in which there is a living soul. If there's a dead animal -- it might have died from a disease of some kind. So -- a fresh kill is safe. The animal can be observed as to whether it is healthy or not.

A believer Should be bowing our knee to God / His Word. A believer does have the Holy Spirit dwelling within us. He guides us to all truth. And God raises up men and women to be able to teach the Word with clarity that a lot of us don't have. The gifts of the Holy Spirit. And then there are the fruits of the Spirit.

Loyal
You've forgotten the "as food" part?

And, yes, we Do rule over the animal world. We Can kill any animal we want to for food and/or self-defense. AND every kind of green plant has been given for the animal world to eat. Of course, there Are civil laws to know and obey. There are hunting seasons for various animals in various parts of the world. And some animals are Not to be eaten for various health reasons. And some animals are killed for their skins.

Everything that has the breath of life in it. = in which there is a living soul. If there's a dead animal -- it might have died from a disease of some kind. So -- a fresh kill is safe. The animal can be observed as to whether it is healthy or not.

A believer Should be bowing our knee to God / His Word. A believer does have the Holy Spirit dwelling within us. He guides us to all truth. And God raises up men and women to be able to teach the Word with clarity that a lot of us don't have. The gifts of the Holy Spirit. And then there are the fruits of the Spirit.
If you don't mind, Sue, I don't want opinions so much as Word. You, however, prefer to share opinions and not Word.....Opinions only count for the people that own them. Please share Word to back your assertions.

Loyal
Ok...I'll accept that....First, right off the bat God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Rule reign have dominion
Then secondly God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

You have TWO separate blessings here...don't use one to negate the other.

Active
You don't think it has to do with the fact that as Christians we rule in the Earth...We have dominion in the Earth...which means we reign as Kings and Priests...?

Matthew 18:18-19
18 Yes! I tell you people that whatever you prohibit on earth will be prohibited in heaven, and whatever you permit on earth will be permitted in heaven. 19 To repeat, I tell you that if two of you here on earth agree about anything people ask, it will be for them from my Father in heaven.

Us priests of Jesus' holy Priesthood have authority to exercise the will of God like the apostles and prophets did, but none of them claimed to be kings. Kings usually do whatever they want, not what God or anyone else wants, except maybe a queen.

Jesus didn't claim to be a king when questioned by Pilate, but others thought He was supposed to begin reigning as King in those days. He was and is of the Kingdom of God, King of kings, Lord of lords there and soon to be on this earth. The sign put on His cross didn't make Him a king.
I am of His kingdom and He is my King and Lord by faith and the Word of God. The Revelation consists of the message announced to John by the angel of the Lord. He spoke for Jesus. I am a priest for now, but will be both a resurrected priest and king on earth when He returns.

Meanwhile, as a priest of God I join with other Christian priests of this holy nation all believers are of, binding and loosing. Some say God is in control of everything. If so, why pray that His will be done on earth as it is in Heaven? Is there crime in Heaven? No. Is there crime on earth? Yes. Is there sickness in Heaven? No. Is it here? Yes. Jesus didn't pray for the world, but for His disciples then and those of every generation following. The scope of our influence is local, not global, as Jesus didn't go ahead and heal and save everyone in Israel. It happened individually, as it has to be now. When brothers and sisters in the Lord agree as touching a matter, we look for a solution matching how it would be in Heaven. If something needs to be stopped nearby, the agreement extends to Heaven. If we are praying His will, then we expect success.

May refuse to bind or loose, believng they are unworthy. That is not faith, but fear. But even if all Christians took authority, the Devil would still be here and have to be resisted. Where not resisted, he reigns as an illegitimate 'god' of this world, the one 'chosen" by default of the people.

We were watching the weather channel and saw a terrible storm about to strike here. Tornado warnings were broadcast. My wife got on the phone and got every Christian she could reach to step outside and commend the storm to spare go up. Right then daylight replaced the green and dark gray clouds, and all we got was a sprinkle. 20 miles up and and down from us had much damage and flash floods. The storm split for us. I wish we had gotten more aggressive, but I believe now the Christians over there should have been binding too.

Loyal
Here in Texas --that weather situation happens frequently. The weatherman gives us radar pictures on TV -- showing where the storm is going and predicting the variations of weather we will be getting.

Now -- we Have had years of severe droughts and we Do / have Had people praying for rain. And we Do need to realize that God gives us rain in His timing and not especially Ours. And we Also pray for safety for those who end up out in severe weather -- like flash-flooding situations. As we've had very recently. God gives us common sense to use -- My motto has been 'when in doubt, Don't." And there are Also those who like to be adventurous -- they Will go out and drive just to prove that they Can and get there safely and back okay.

It MIGHT be that the storm would have split Anyway. Around Here -- weather changes frequently. This spring has been a challenge for Everyone. And I don't think it has anything to do with Christians' praying in any particular way. If it Did -- I kind of suspect we'd have clear blue skies and pleasant temps all year around.

Your comments regarding the Lord's Prayer. It's acknowledging that we understand Who God is and that He is in control of all that Does happen. Are you also referring to John 17?

Why do we pray? It's our communication with God the Father through Jesus Christ. God doesn't necessarily change an event as much as He can change our attitude Towards it. And the more we're willing to share with God -- the closer That relationship becomes. He Also can use that time to share with us what we need to change in our lives.

Do we really hear that much deep praying these days. When I was growing up - prayer meets were really Prayer meetings. Not especially Emotional in nature -- but heart-felt acknowledgment of God and lifting up petitions and in some of the women's groups, they knelt by their chairs to pray.

Active
Here in Texas --that weather situation happens frequently. The weatherman gives us radar pictures on TV -- showing where the storm is going and predicting the variations of weather we will be getting.

Now -- we Have had years of severe droughts and we Do / have Had people praying for rain. And we Do need to realize that God gives us rain in His timing and not especially Ours. And we Also pray for safety for those who end up out in severe weather -- like flash-flooding situations. As we've had very recently. God gives us common sense to use -- My motto has been 'when in doubt, Don't." And there are Also those who like to be adventurous -- they Will go out and drive just to prove that they Can and get there safely and back okay.

It MIGHT be that the storm would have split Anyway. Around Here -- weather changes frequently. This spring has been a challenge for Everyone. And I don't think it has anything to do with Christians' praying in any particular way. If it Did -- I kind of suspect we'd have clear blue skies and pleasant temps all year around.

Your comments regarding the Lord's Prayer. It's acknowledging that we understand Who God is and that He is in control of all that Does happen. Are you also referring to John 17?

Why do we pray? It's our communication with God the Father through Jesus Christ. God doesn't necessarily change an event as much as He can change our attitude Towards it. And the more we're willing to share with God -- the closer That relationship becomes. He Also can use that time to share with us what we need to change in our lives.

Do we really hear that much deep praying these days. When I was growing up - prayer meets were really Prayer meetings. Not especially Emotional in nature -- but heart-felt acknowledgment of God and lifting up petitions and in some of the women's groups, they knelt by their chairs to pray.

Around here when the tornado sirens go off, and my cell phone lights up with that, and the radar hook is downwind, it's time to get into a shelter if one's available. I don't have one yet. We didn't really need all that to know severe weather was upon us. The clouds were emerald green rolling on the ground, dark all around us, and strangely calm wind. It turned out tornadoes and straight-line winds were in that thunderstorm front that was maybe 200 miles long.

I will never again take advice that it "might split". Jesus taught disciples to pray, even to storms and waves, chiding men for their lack of faith.
In Mat 8:24-27, which is of faith and easier to do? Wake up Jesus to save them who feared for their lives? Or do like Jesus taught and take authority over the winds and the waves?

Another time the disciples complained they didn't bring lunch.
Mark 8:14-21 (KJV)
14 Now the disciples had forgotten to take bread, neither had they in the ship with them more than one loaf.
15 And he charged them, saying, Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of Herod.
16 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have no bread.
17 And when Jesus knew it, he saith unto them, Why reason ye, because ye have no bread? perceive ye not yet, neither understand? have ye your heart yet hardened?
18 Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember?
19 When I brake the five loaves among five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? They say unto him, Twelve.
20 And when the seven among four thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? And they said, Seven.
21 And he said unto them, How is it that ye do not understand?

The disciples were speaking what IS, not what should BE. What should be is the perfect will of God as it is in Heaven. I doubt there are any destructive tornadoes or high winds in Heaven. Why not learn from that fantastic lesson of faith? Most people, including many Christians will easily say "I'm taking the flu". Well, that's what they are ordering up, and the Devil will happily arrange delivery. "That's just burns me up" (when someone says something offensive) sometimes leads to unexplained fever or being hot all the time when the room is 68 degrees. We receive the fruit of our lips.

The greatest lie preached from pulpits today is "God is in control". I recommend ignoring that doctrine, for it happened in the week of creation before sin entered in. It's downright false teaching and very damaging to infer that murders or any other sins are under God's control, or even as some have tried to explain, "evils are but sands from a hole in His pocket". That puts all the acts of Satan and sinning humanity on the account of God. He is not determining everything that happens on earth, but is in control of everything in Heaven. In Mark 16 you will find some amazing authority commanded for us, and can discover them throughout scriptures. I don't take a Magic Marker to my Bible blotting out lessons many suppose expired when the last apostle died. That is unbelief too.

What's happening today, the shocking things none of us even imagined, are happening because the Church is divided, is not standing in agreement together, or even believing the Bible. We refuse to take authority together according to His commands, watching brethren "over yonder" perish, doors closing from lawsuits over discrimination against abominable sinners being ordained, just thankful it isn't us. That Church adoption agency is closing because of a judge requiring placement of boys with homosexuals when they desire one. Some preachers here are back tracking, saying it's a lesson for us to be inclusive.

The Church had better come together like in the Upper Room. But what I'm hearing is a long list of excuses for not obeying scriptures.

Loyal
Your Matthew 8:24 passage -- Jesus was showing a human need for sleep. A storm started up and was raging -- they went to Him. Through the storms of life -- we Can have faith that Jesus Christ Will take care of us. Jesus Christ showed He was in charge of the wind and the water and 'they' calmed down. As did the men. "We" have No power over the storms / We are to take those storms To Jesus Christ -- He has that power.

When born-again believers Do get to heaven, there will be a perfect environment. No more storms, tears, death, aches or pains. THAT will be our perfect place to be.

This world is the mess it's in Because of the knowledge of both good and evil that Adam and Eve brought to this world. Their original disobedience has infected this world. Infection starts small and spreads if left untreated. Salvation helps us with the infection. It alone brings inner relief and eventual eternal cure of the infection.

IF the Church is divided it's because human people don't teach Bible very much. Some pastors Are Very true to the Word.

God's Word itself tells us that in the 'end times' people Won't want to hear God's truth -- they'll be more open to feel good preaching. That which was once 'good' is becoming 'evil' in Society and that which was 'evil' is becoming okay in Society. And 'we' Live in Society. 'We' Should be a light to this darkened world. God / Jesus Christ is to be our strength and song. 'We' are Not to be taking 'things' in our own hands. But it's a natural human reaction To life. We seem to have zero patience to wait on God.

God Wants us to be More 'God-conscious'. More conscious of other people who need to hear the Gospel unto Salvation.

God Is In Control -- and we'd Better be believing it. The Sovereignty of God -- He allows things to happen -- at times to get our attention. And at times, it's simply because we Do live in a 'fallen' world.

Loyal
The greatest lie preached from pulpits today is "God is in control"

I know you to be a man of God by some of our great conversations and have great respect and love for you DOVE.

Now I find it hard to understand what you mean by this. God can do anything anytime he wants that is control. He allows the devil to do stuff for what ever reason we do not know why he allows it, but it has something to to with the fall and the curse, the devil dont do anything God does not know about and allow for what ever reason. the world will be far worst when God takes the devil off his leash during the tribulation.

Gods ways are not mans ways so so we can not even begin to think they are, when we see tragedy God sees a blessing perhaps, I know the most rock bottom times of my life turned out to be a blessing from God because that how I got saved. So I hope God did allow me to hit Rock bottom become a drug addict so I could turn to him and be saved.

How can you read the bible and not think God is not in control??? How do you think all prophecies come true how do all the scriptures become fulfilled if God is not in control???

God was in control when he let his own son suffer a cruel undeserving death for sinners, yet you dont think he was in control???

Love ya brother Dove just have to disagree. God is the one who put the curse on the earth, its his curse he is in full control nothing happens he does not allow to happen. IMO

Exodus 4:11
Then the Lord said to him, “Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the Lord?

Active
I know you to be a man of God by some of our great conversations and have great respect and love for you DOVE.

Now I find it hard to understand what you mean by this. God can do anything anytime he wants that is control. He allows the devil to do stuff for what ever reason we do not know why he allows it, but it has something to to with the fall and the curse, the devil dont do anything God does not know about and allow for what ever reason. the world will be far worst when God takes the devil off his leash during the tribulation.

Gods ways are not mans ways so so we can not even begin to think they are, when we see tragedy God sees a blessing perhaps, I know the most rock bottom times of my life turned out to be a blessing from God because that how I got saved. So I hope God did allow me to hit Rock bottom become a drug addict so I could turn to him and be saved.

How can you read the bible and not think God is not in control??? How do you think all prophecies come true how do all the scriptures become fulfilled if God is not in control???

God was in control when he let his own son suffer a cruel undeserving death for sinners, yet you dont think he was in control???

Love ya brother Dove just have to disagree. God is the one who put the curse on the earth, its his curse he is in full control nothing happens he does not allow to happen. IMO

Exodus 4:11
Then the Lord said to him, “Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the Lord?

Brother Dave, I have read the Bible dozens of times, studied it through and through, and have not yet found where mankind has lost any right to dominion. Some. like kings and Satan have dared steal the keys. It was and is God's decision for His man to have those keys. In addition, Jesus gave through Peter's confession the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven to the Church. Some believe those keys are held by the RCC Pope, but I refuse to allow that. I believe God has entrusted Christians to hold the keys that control everything controlled by Heaven. The power thereof is from His word and Holy Spirit.

Some folks like to carry a pound or two of keys, but they don't know which keys open what lock. I am learning which keys do what.
Wherever I have been employed there's usually been a master key-keeper. I've always had to sign for any keys issued. My signage of Kingdom authority is through the Holy Spirit.

We all suffer because we as a single body just won't use the proper key to lock/unlock a door of blessing or cursing. The key is on the ring, but is not very worn, still shiny from non-use, in mint condition, uncirculated.

God gave control to man, and will judge us accordingly. We have the promise in James that if submitted to God, we can resit the Devil, and he will flee from us. So why submit to the wiles of Satan? The Devil affects people who won't submit and resist God's way. I find it sad most Christians still fear the Devil, cowtowing to evil, quickly yielding up their authority. .

Last edited: