• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Matthew 10:8

Freely you have received, freely give. Matthew 10:8

Then Jesus went into the temple of God and drove out all those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the moneychangers and the seats of those who sold doves. And He said to them, "It is written, `My house shall be called a house of prayer,' but you have made it a `den of thieves.' '' Matthew 21:12-13

Has JESUS wiped out the moneychangers and the den of thieves?

Are we to hold back God's gifts to all, for a price or for anything?

Last edited:
JESUS and the disciples didn't charge they were given gifts because they showed themselves worthy.

for a worker is worthy of his food. Matthew 10:10

such things as they give, for the laborer is worthy of his wages. Luke 10:7

CopyRight

Here's a bit of info that some of you may find useful, I know I have.

The King James Version of the Bible is not CopyRighted.

Thank you King James for giving Freely. No wonder this Version of the Bible is so Blessed.

Yeshua said:
Freely you have received, freely give. Matthew 10:8

Then Jesus went into the temple of God and drove out all those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the moneychangers and the seats of those who sold doves. And He said to them, "It is written, `My house shall be called a house of prayer,' but you have made it a `den of thieves.' '' Matthew 21:12-13

Has JESUS wiped out the moneychangers and the den of thieves?

Are we to hold back God's gifts to all, for a price or for anything?

Great thread Yeshua ! My answer is no ! :love: :boy_hug: Mike

Thank you Bro for testifing to God's Holy Word.

Thank you Bro for testifing to God's Holy Word. :thumbs_up

BROTHERSINARMST4G said:
Great thread Yeshua ! My answer is no ! :love: :boy_hug: Mike

How angry he must have been at what was going on in God's sacred place. Through Jesus, we feel that way also when we see what's happening to God's creation here on earth right now.

Thanks for the thread Yeshua, I've been thinking about this a lot lately.

Nice verse, but when we are Born Again and Jesus Enters in He drives out what ever is there. Taking into consideration that we come out of the world, that which is of the world must come out. Light and darkness cannot share the same temple. We are the temple of prayer and we call on our Lord rather than seek after the things of the world Is 31:1.

I don't think everything should be free. "Freely" is how we give, but mabye we should ask how much we should give for the treasure that we are receiving. It costs people time and money to share the Gospel. Look at these scriptures-

Luk 10:7 And remain in the same house, eating and drinking the things shared by them; for the laborer is worthy of his hire. Do not move from house to house.

2Co 11:8 I stripped other assemblies, receiving wages for the serving of you.

The Levites were provided for through the sacrificial system, Jesus was provided for by many people, the apostles were provided for through the churches they ministered at.

I think a key phrase to remember is, "God blesses us, not just for our sake, but so that we can be a blessing to others."