• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Matt 12:20-21 bruised reed shall not break, a smoking flax shall not quench, until judgment unto victory. And his name the gentiles shall trust

Loyal
'Then the Pharisees went out,
.. and held a council against Him,
.... how they might destroy Him.
But when Jesus knew it,
.. He withdrew Himself from thence:
.... and great multitudes followed Him,
...... and He healed them all;
........ and charged them that they should not make Him known:'
WHY?
'That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,
.. Behold My servant, Whom I have chosen;
.... My Beloved, in Whom My soul is well pleased:
...... I will put My spirit upon Him,
........ and He shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
.......... He shall not strive, nor cry;
............ neither shall any man hear His voice in the streets.
.............. A bruised reed shall He not break,
................ and smoking flax shall He not quench,
.................. till He send forth judgment unto victory.
.................... And in His name shall the Gentiles trust.'
(Mat 12:14-21)

Hello @Primordial Light,

Why do you consider this passage to be a problem to anyone? For when seen in it's context it is clear why the Lord referred to that prophecy from Isaiah 42:1-4. The Pharisees had held a council against Him, seeking to destroy Him. He therefore departed from them, for He was not to strive. One day He will come as Judge, and sit in judgement, but not at His first advent: for He had come as 'a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God', to, 'confirm the promises made unto the fathers:'

'Now I say that Jesus Christ
.. was a minister of the circumcision
.... for the truth of God,
...... to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: ... '
(Romans 15:8)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

'Then the Pharisees went out,
.. and held a council against Him,
.... how they might destroy Him.
But when Jesus knew it,
.. He withdrew Himself from thence:
.... and great multitudes followed Him,
...... and He healed them all;
........ and charged them that they should not make Him known:'
WHY?
'That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,
.. Behold My servant, whom I have chosen;
.... My Beloved, in Whom My soul is well pleased:
...... I will put My spirit upon Him,
........ and He shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
.......... He shall not strive, nor cry;
............ neither shall any man hear His voice in the streets.
.............. A bruised reed shall He not break,
................ and smoking flax shall He not quench,
.................. till He send forth judgment unto victory.
.................... And in His name shall the Gentiles trust.'
(Mat 12:14-21)

Hello @Primordial Light,

Why do you consider this passage to be a problem to anyone. For when seen in it's context it is clear why the Lord referred to that prophecy from Isaiah 42:1-4. The Pharisees had held a council against Him, seeking to destroy Him. He therefore departed from them, for He was not to strive. One day He will come as Judge, and sit in judgement, but not at His first advent: for He had come as 'a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God', to, 'confirm the promises made unto the fathers:'

'Now I say that Jesus Christ
.. was a minister of the circumcision
.... for the truth of God,
...... to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: ... '
(Romans 15:8)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Only to Unrepentant Eternal Damnationist's. They want ENDLESS FIRE for all those filthy sinners.
Which stems from the dense darkness of the Adamic Nature.

The ED's as I call them, are as James and John in Luke 9:53-56

53 And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.

54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

Loyal
Only to Unrepentant Eternal Damnationist's. They want ENDLESS FIRE for all those filthy sinners.
Which stems from the dense darkness of the Adamic Nature.
Hello @Primordial Light,

Yet I do not see how Matthew 12:14-21 says anything concerning the Judgement of God that could cause them to feel threatened in their belief. I am NOT one who believes in eternal conscious punishment: but I do believe that there is a final punishment that is age long, (or of an indeterminant length), and that it is called, 'the second death.' from which there is no return; for it is a permanent destruction (Revelation 20:6, 14; and Rev.21:8) .

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hello @Primordial Light,

Yet I do not see how Matthew 12:14-21 says anything concerning the Judgement of God that could cause them to feel threatened in their belief. I am NOT one who believes in eternal conscious punishment: but I do believe that there is a final punishment that is age long, (or of an indeterminant length), and that it is called, 'the second death.' from which there is no return; for it is a permanent destruction (Revelation 20:6, 14; and Rev.21:8) .

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

The Second Death is simply the death of Death. Once the Fire of God burns up all the death and darkness in us, "there shall be no more death" - Rev 21:4.

Keep in mind, The Book of Revelation is the THE REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST.

Since there will be NO MORE DEATH, there won't be any SECOND DEATH.

This is the "Dispensation of the Fullness of Times" (Eph 1:10), when "God shall be ALL IN ALL" (I Cor 15:28).

Amen, Praise you Lord Jesus Christ!!

Last edited:
Loyal
The Second Death is simply the death of Death. Once the Fire of God burns up all the death and darkness in us, "there shall be no more death" - Rev 21:4.

Keep in mind, The Book of Revelation is the THE REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST.

Since there will be NO MORE DEATH, there won't be any SECOND DEATH.

This is the "Dispensation of the Fullness of Times" (Eph 1), when "God shall be ALL IN ALL" (I Cor 15:28).

Amen, Praise you Lord Jesus Christ!!
Hello @Primordial Light,

The second death referred to in Revelation 20:6,14 & 21:8, is described in those verses very clearly. Revelation 20:6, makes clear that there will be those of mankind who will be subject to the second death, and Revelation 21:8 lists what they are guilty of. So, we cannot deny this to be true. You are right that death and the grave will be destroyed in the second death, and that there will therefore be no more death.

* God will be all in all, when the Lord Jesus Christ has subjected all enemies under His feet, the last being death itself as we read in 1 Corinthians 15:26.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hello @Primordial Light,

The second death referred to in Revelation 20:6,14 & 21:8, is described in those verses very clearly. Revelation 20:6, makes clear that there will be those of mankind who will be subject to the second death, and Revelation 21:8 lists what they are guilty of. So, we cannot deny this to be true. You are right that death and the grave will be destroyed in the second death, and that there will therefore be no more death.

* God will be all in all, when the Lord Jesus Christ has subjected all enemies under His feet, the last being death itself as we read in 1 Corinthians 15:26.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

As ordained by the Ancient of Days, you left out Revelation 2:11:
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.”

Won't it be nice when there is no more Fear, Unbelief, Whoredoms, Idolatry, and Lies in the church as are those in Rev 21:8?
Then you can look past Rev 21:8 into verses 9 and 10 and see, THE BRIDE = The OVERCOMERS.

New food for thought for you, eh?
Glad to help, you seem more sincere than most.

Last edited:
Loyal
As ordained by the Ancient of Days, you left out Revelation 2:11:
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.”

Won't it be nice when there is no more Fear, Unbelief, Whoredoms, Idolatry, and Lies in the church as are those in Rev 21:8?
Then you can look past Rev 21:8 into verses 9 and 10 and see, THE BRIDE = The OVERCOMERS.

New food for thought for you, eh?
Glad to help, you seem more sincere than most.
Hi @Primordial Light,

Thank you for referencing Revelation 2:11 ( the one that got away).

No, it is only those who are not have part in the first of the two resurrections associated with the 1,000 year reign of the Overcomers, who have the potential to have part in the second death (Revelation 20:6).

Yes, it will be wonderful when in resurrection glory, we will be free from this present 'body of death' (Romans 7:29), and all of the manifestations of the flesh associated with it, when sin and deception will be no more.

When reading about the Overcomers, it is wonderful to see the tenderness with which God will wipe away all tears from their eyes. These people who laid down their lives for the testimony of Christ, rather than receive the mark of the Beast or worship him, Their Saviour, Who laid down His life for them, will tenderly care for them, and sorrow crying will be no more.

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hi @Primordial Light,

Thank you for referencing Revelation 2:11 ( the one that got away).

No, it is only those who are not have part in the first of the two resurrections associated with the 1,000 year reign of the Overcomers, who have the potential to have part in the second death (Revelation 20:6).

Yes, it will be wonderful when in resurrection glory, we will be free from this present 'body of death' (Romans 7:29), and all of the manifestations of the flesh associated with it, when sin and deception will be no more.

When reading about the Overcomers, it is wonderful to see the tenderness with which God will wipe away all tears from their eyes. These people who laid down their lives for the testimony of Christ, rather than receive the mark of the Beast or worship him, Their Saviour, Who laid down His life for them, will tenderly care for them, and sorrow crying will be no more.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Nope.