• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Marriage supper of the Lamb

Loyal
Revelation 19:7-9
Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready; it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure”— for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints. And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”

I cant help but wonder why Pre trib theory says this happens during the tribulation????? why would they start the Marriage of the Lamb before all believers are saved??? We know for a fact there are believers on the earth during the tribulation are they not married to the Lamb also???

Revelation 19:1-21 ESV / 4 helpful votes
After this I heard what seemed to be the loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, crying out, “Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God, for his judgments are true and just; for he has judged the great prostitute who corrupted the earth with her immorality, and has avenged on her the blood of his servants.” Once more they cried out, “Hallelujah! The smoke from her goes up forever and ever.” And the twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God who was seated on the throne, saying, “Amen. Hallelujah!” And from the throne came a voice saying, “Praise our God, all you his servants, you who fear him, small and great.” ...

in the very begging of the chapter,, which to me suggest that this happens before the marriage supper ,, the judgement occurs, well I would have to think that happens after tribulation, giving more evidence that the supper being after the tribulation with all believers makes much more sense to me.

any thoughts??

Loyal
I've understood that the rapture will occur when everyone has had a chance to hear Gospel unto salvation and either accepted or rejected.

The 7 yr tribulation time is especially for the non-repentant Jewish people to come to Christ as their Messiah. So while those people are hear and either accepting or rejecting -- those who already Have are in heaven At that super.

These passages would be particularly interesting to the Jewish population. As a Jewish person, have 'they' personally accepted Jesus Christ as their Promised Messiah or are they still waiting for HIm. As a people group, they wanted a king coming to rule in the 'here and now' -- Instead their 'king' came in the form of a 'baby Jesus' to become the savior of the world. Messianic Jews Have.

These questions are why the book of Revelation can be confusing. And then the passage in Daniel 9 or 11. about the 7 sevens. Because the last 7 hasn't happened yet. And there are those who believe it Has.

And there are those who don't want to dig very deep and just let 'happen what happens'. And the 'digging deep' concept Can get tedius. And to Some extent -- since no one really does know when the rapture Will take place -- it pays to make sure 'we' the people Are ready spiritually and are sharing the Gospel unto salvation with whomever will listen.

Any thoughts?

Loyal
- since no one really does know when the rapture Will take place -- it pays to make sure 'we' the people Are ready spiritually and are sharing the Gospel unto salvation with whomever will listen.

Amen on that sister !!

marriage supper is a puzzle to me, I have herd many theories, one said it was for Isreal and not the church, so I will keep digging, but I thankyou for well thought out reply

Loyal
@ Dave M -- there are those who equate Israel as being the Church. There are those who believe that the Children of Israel are the 'elect'. So -- yes, there Are many theories 'out there'.

Trust you've had a good day -- today.

Active
I believe that the rapture event is a mistery for a reason and no wonder why knowing that us as human kind want always to know exactly when something is going to take a place and in which way is going to happen. It is hard for us to believe, to take something by faith. Meaning that when someone believes, he trusts completely that God is going to do something in His way, in His will and time. That person is confident in God. He knows that whatever it is, it will happen in the best way and that is the way of God, he knows that He is in control.

But instead of this the man in general doesn't want to lose control of his life, he wants to be the one controlling each event and that's why he doesn't like to believe, to trust with his life in God.
Taking the rapture event as an example, most of the people want to know exactly when is that going to take a place, just to be in control, just to be ready then. Why not maybe, they can live in the way, they want to and when the rapture is about to come, then they will repent. This is the thought in the man's heart in general. While God made it in a way for this and many other things to be taken by faith, so that we can trust completely with all our heart to be ready and to wait on God. To believe doesn't mean that we know everything or that we control something, but it means that we trust in God and He is in control. It means that we trust in His way. We don't even know when our own end will come. God set it in this way, because probably He knows that if we knew everything and maybe we lived in our own way knowing that the rapture or our end was going to be still far, then to repent for us was also going to be harder.
But He knows what is the best for us and we need to trust Him.
Somethings like the rapture are going to remain a secret for us, from a reason, so that we can be always watchful and we can have the right attitude in our heart.
There can be signs trough which we can see if the time is approaching, but yet we don't know when exactly. Matthew 24:32
That's why we will only find out when it happens. Until then we need to do what Matthew 24:42 says and live by faith.
" Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. "

Loyal
So very true.

And while we're alive and living life -- we won't know -- it won't make any difference whether it's pre or mid. -- 'we' will simply be busy living life.

Speculating Can be 'fun' though. Just so it doesn't become Too captivating.

Loyal
Revelation 19:1-21 ESV / 4 helpful votes
After this I heard what seemed to be the loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, crying out, “Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God, for his judgments are true and just; for he has judged the great prostitute who corrupted the earth with her immorality, and has avenged on her the blood of his servants.” Once more they cried out, “Hallelujah! The smoke from her goes up forever and ever.” And the twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God who was seated on the throne, saying, “Amen. Hallelujah!” And from the throne came a voice saying, “Praise our God, all you his servants, you who fear him, small and great.” ...

Hi Dave looking at my notes I think the following is worth sharing, the word Hallelujah is very important, for a very important situation in scripture.

Revelation 19:1-8 (NIV2011)
1 After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting: “Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God,
2 for true and just are his judgments. He has condemned the great prostitute who corrupted the earth by her adulteries. He has avenged on her the blood of his servants.”
3 And again they shouted: “Hallelujah! The smoke from her goes up for ever and ever.”
4 The twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God, who was seated on the throne. And they cried: “Amen, Hallelujah!”
5 Then a voice came from the throne, saying: “Praise our God, all you his servants, you who fear him, both great and small!”
6 Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting: “Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns.
7 Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready.
8 Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear.” (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God’s holy people.)

Hallelujah
! This transliterates a Hebrew expression meaning Praise Jah’, i.e. ‘Praise God’.
The word is found 4 times in 8 verses in the chapter and not again in the New Testament.

This is the only passage in the English Bible where ‘Hallelujah’ occurs.
The song ascribes to God salvation, glory and power.

Greek Strong's Number: 239
Greek Word:
ἁλληλουϊά
Transliteration: hallēlouia
Phonetic Pronunciation: al-lay-loo'-ee-ah al-lay-loo'-ee-ah
Root: of Hebrew origin from <H1984> and <H3050>

Vine's Words: Hallelujah

English Words used in KJV:
alleluia 4

of Hebrew origin [imperative of <H1984>(halal) and <H3050> (Yahh)]; praise ye Jah!, an adoring exclamation :- alleluiah.
Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary.

Blessings

Loyal
I believe that the rapture event is a mistery for a reason and no wonder why knowing that us as human kind want always to know exactly when something is going to take a place and in which way is going to happen. It is hard for us to believe, to take something by faith. Meaning that when someone believes, he trusts completely that God is going to do something in His way, in His will and time. That person is confident in God. He knows that whatever it is, it will happen in the best way and that is the way of God, he knows that He is in control.

But instead of this the man in general doesn't want to lose control of his life, he wants to be the one controlling each event and that's why he doesn't like to believe, to trust with his life in God.
Taking the rapture event as an example, most of the people want to know exactly when is that going to take a place, just to be in control, just to be ready then. Why not maybe, they can live in the way, they want to and when the rapture is about to come, then they will repent. This is the thought in the man's heart in general. While God made it in a way for this and many other things to be taken by faith, so that we can trust completely with all our heart to be ready and to wait on God. To believe doesn't mean that we know everything or that we control something, but it means that we trust in God and He is in control. It means that we trust in His way. We don't even know when our own end will come. God set it in this way, because probably He knows that if we knew everything and maybe we lived in our own way knowing that the rapture or our end was going to be still far, then to repent for us was also going to be harder.
But He knows what is the best for us and we need to trust Him.
Somethings like the rapture are going to remain a secret for us, from a reason, so that we can be always watchful and we can have the right attitude in our heart.
There can be signs trough which we can see if the time is approaching, but yet we don't know when exactly. Matthew 24:32
That's why we will only find out when it happens. Until then we need to do what Matthew 24:42 says and live by faith.
" Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. "

Greeting Ivan,

So very true my friend,

God wants us to be ready, no one knows the day or the hour, Jesus will come without warning like a thief in the night, like the twinkling of the eye.

We are to search the scriptures but everything will be revealed in its time.

Matthew 25:1-13 (NKJV)
1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,
4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
6 And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!'
7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.
8 And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'
9 But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
11 Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!'
12 But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'
13 Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.

Bless you brother

Loyal
Greetings Dave

Revelation 19:7-9
Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready; it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure”— for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints. And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”

I cant help but wonder why Pre trib theory says this happens during the tribulation????? why would they start the Marriage of the Lamb before all believers are saved??? We know for a fact there are believers on the earth during the tribulation are they not married to the Lamb also???

Revelation 19:7 (NKJV)
Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.

I also believe that the 'marriage supper of the lamb' cannot happen until all who are to be saved (names in book of life and the lamb) are saved.

The bride, the body of Christ, His ekklesia, is not complete, no ready 'until all spiritual stones are collected and connected'.

Only then is she ready, only then can the marriage of the lamb come.

Loyal
marriage supper is a puzzle to me, I have herd many theories, one said it was for Isreal and not the church, so I will keep digging, but I thankyou for well thought out reply

The church is the Bride of Christ, born again believers are His bride, the ekklesia, built up as spiritual stones, built on 'the rock', scripture confirms this, it is the spiritual Israel, could that be where the misunderstanding comes in.

The marriage supper cannot begin until ALL those written in the book of life and the lamb are present.

Bless you

Loyal
The marriage supper cannot begin until ALL those written in the book of life and the lamb are present.

so does that make your stance on the timming of the rapture at the end of tribulation??

or perhabs after the 1,000 rule, wont people be saved during this time aslo, just not as under the church period???

Loyal
so does that make your stance on the timming of the rapture at the end of tribulation??

or perhabs after the 1,000 rule, wont people be saved during this time aslo, just not as under the church period???

Greetings Dave.

By what you say you are suggesting the Wedding Supper of the Lamb is straight after the Rapture? Can we say for sure that is the situation?

Let me add another option, why should the Wedding Supper not be in the New Jerusalem? The Churches coming together when all things are new?

Bless you

Loyal
Greetings Dave.

By what you say you are suggesting the Wedding Supper of the Lamb is straight after the Rapture? Can we say for sure that is the situation?

Let me add another option, why should the Wedding Supper not be in the New Jerusalem? The Churches coming together when all things are new?

Bless you

I should have put 'The Church coming together when all things are new'

Sorry