• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Mandolin

I'm trying to learn to play the mandolin for God.My papa had one when he was alive.he was a pentacoastal preacher.he played all kinds of instruments.He tryed to teach me to play that mandolin when i was little.He wanted me to have it when he passed away.Well my mom kept it for me till last year.I want to learn to play it not only cause my papa wanted me to play it,but i beleive the Lord wants me to.Just pray i can learn to play it.Thanks and God Bless

Put your mind to it brother. If you can manage to master those strings, the Mandolin is such a pleasent sound.

wow....that's really cool. my grandfather played the mandolin too, and he just passed away a few months ago. i've been working on it for a while^^. one thing that helped a lot was i bought a mandolin chord book from hastings...i'm sure you could get one anywhere...but it helped a lot!^^

keep at it! it's TOTALLY worth it^^. don't know if you listen to relient K any, but on their Apathetic EP the accoustic version of Be My Escape starts with a mandolin^^..pretty neat

God bless^^
Bryce

I'm trying to learn to play the mandolin for God.My papa had one when he was alive.he was a pentacoastal preacher.he played all kinds of instruments.He tryed to teach me to play that mandolin when i was little.He wanted me to have it when he passed away.Well my mom kept it for me till last year.I want to learn to play it not only cause my papa wanted me to play it,but i beleive the Lord wants me to.Just pray i can learn to play it.Thanks and God Bless
4Given,

I'll bet there are some good mandolin players in North Carolina that qualify as good teachers as well. Latch on to one of them and go for it.

SLE

When we named our first child Amanda Lynn, we did not realize until she was two years old that her name sounded like a musical instrument

Amanda Lynn - - - a mandolin

She's beautiful

4 given, I think that is awesome...I just know you can do it. God always makes a way for His children to use the gifts He's given....

God bless you. You can learn to play the mandolin even if it is hard.

Also.....soul drummer, is your real first name Bryce? I love that name. My oldest boy's name is Bryce, and he loves music. He plays several musical instruments and is attending Penn State University.

wow, really? i've only known maybe, 4-5 other Bryce's in my life^^..lol. that's really cool^^. esecially to hear of another Bryce who's into music as well^^..lol.