• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Malachi ch 3 verse 1

Staff Member
Greetings young and old, male and female,

it would probably be beneficial if we can read the verse here?

Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
Malachi 3:1

I remember quite some time before coming a Christian, i went to a mans house upon invitation and he insisted i open the Bible and read the first thing i saw, before i entered the house. [he has an entry to the house where the Bible was, for all visitors to read before entering]
I did and read Psalm 121

After becoming a Christian i remembered about that and looked it up and have had it as a favourite since!

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: He that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, He that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: He shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
Psalm 121

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
There are so many Blessings in the Psalms

This is one of my favourites brother

Psalm 100 King James Version (KJV)

1 Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.

2 Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

3 Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

5 For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Staff Member
Greetings @Gabriel

May the Lord bless you as you seek Him.

We have a little cup of Bible Verse cards in our kitchen. At teatime one of our children picks out a card and we share the verse around the table. We don't know what verse it will be but there is always a lesson and a blessing in sharing the Bible.

So shall My word be that goeth forth out of My mouth: it shall not return unto Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. - Isaiah 55:11

Dear brothers @Bendito @Wired 4 Fishen @Brother-Paul
I think you are over thinking here. This is a sister looking at the Bible and seeking the Lord.
I have many times been blessed and encouraged pointing at and reading a random verse....the same way as picking a Bible verse card at the tea table.

Call off your witch hunt dear brothers and praise the Lord. We have blessing in His word.
He knows our sister Gabriel's heart.....let us pray she is blessed.

Loyal
Greetings @Gabriel

May the Lord bless you as you seek Him.

We have a little cup of Bible Verse cards in our kitchen. At teatime one of our children picks out a card and we share the verse around the table. We don't know what verse it will be but there is always a lesson and a blessing in sharing the Bible.

So shall My word be that goeth forth out of My mouth: it shall not return unto Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. - Isaiah 55:11

Dear brothers @Bendito @Wired 4 Fishen @Brother-Paul
I think you are over thinking here. This is a sister looking at the Bible and seeking the Lord.
I have many times been blessed and encouraged pointing at and reading a random verse....the same way as picking a Bible verse card at the tea table.

Call off your witch hunt dear brothers and praise the Lord. We have blessing in His word.
He knows our sister Gabriel's heart.....let us pray she is blessed.

Dear sister, I never quoted a witch hunt, I felt that to strong a word, I still do. God speaks to us through His spirit, through His Word, it is by reading scripture and taking into our heart that the spirit will draw us to God and His Word speaks. Opening the Bible and randomly pointing to a verse on a page and thinking God gave that verse to us is unlike what you are doing and is not right, we are open to the devil using us.

My comments were as a warning no more, Open the Bible at a page and read a passage is safer, let scripture speak, a finger on one verse on any page leads to taking what is said out of context, those are my heart felt concerns for our dear sister.

In his Love

Grace and Peace be with us always

In Jesus Name. Amen

Staff Member
Greetings,

Hi brothers and sisters,

i was praying last few days asking Jesus to come to me in a 'real tangible way i proposed to him the fact that he appeared to the 500 and to the 12 among many others and that to this day he appears to many people. I explained to him that it is the desire of my heart and that i fully believe he can and will if he chooses and if he feels it is necessary. i know faith is important and that i shouldn't need to ask such a thing but it has always been the desire of my heart! He gives us those desires, the ones from the heart right? Then I asked for a scripture from him and turned to the bible a random page and put my finger on a verse. Malachi ch 3 v 1. Amazing I thought! His meaning of answering my prayer to come to me?! What are your thoughts? I will watch and wait and update if he does and if he permits me to!

in the meantime, read this verse and have God's peace in believing

Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen Me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
John 20:29

and know this also:

Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen.
Revelation 1:7

Bless you ....><>

Last edited:
Staff Member
Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus

Revelation 22:20

Greetings young and old, male and female,

it would probably be beneficial if we can read the verse here?

I remember quite some time before coming a Christian, i went to a mans house upon invitation and he insisted i open the Bible and read the first thing i saw, before i entered the house. [he has an entry to the house where the Bible was, for all visitors to read before entering]
I did and read Psalm 121

After becoming a Christian i remembered about that and looked it up and have had it as a favourite since!

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: He that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, He that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: He shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
Psalm 121

Bless you ....><>
Beautiful

Loyal
Mal 3:1; "Behold, I am going to send My messenger, and he will clear the way before Me. And the Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple; and the messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight, behold, He is coming," says the LORD of hosts.

This is a prophesy about John the Baptist. ... and ultimately Jesus

Matt 11:7; As these men were going away, Jesus began to speak to the crowds about John, "What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind?
Matt 11:8; "But what did you go out to see? A man dressed in soft clothing? Those who wear soft clothing are in kings' palaces!
Matt 11:9; "But what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and one who is more than a prophet.
Matt 11:10; "This is the one about whom it is written, 'BEHOLD, I SEND MY MESSENGER AHEAD OF YOU, WHO WILL PREPARE YOUR WAY BEFORE YOU.'
Matt 11:11; "Truly I say to you, among those born of women there has not arisen anyone greater than John the Baptist! Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
Matt 11:12; "From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force.
Matt 11:13; "For all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John.
Matt 11:14; "And if you are willing to accept it, John himself is Elijah who was to come.

Mark 1:1; The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
Mark 1:2; As it is written in Isaiah the prophet: "BEHOLD, I SEND MY MESSENGER AHEAD OF YOU, WHO WILL PREPARE YOUR WAY;
Mark 1:3; THE VOICE OF ONE CRYING IN THE WILDERNESS, 'MAKE READY THE WAY OF THE LORD, MAKE HIS PATHS STRAIGHT.'"
Mark 1:4; John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.
Mark 1:5; And all the country of Judea was going out to him, and all the people of Jerusalem; and they were being baptized by him in the Jordan River, confessing their sins.
Mark 1:6; John was clothed with camel's hair and wore a leather belt around his waist, and his diet was locusts and wild honey.
Mark 1:7; And he was preaching, and saying, "After me One is coming who is mightier than I, and I am not fit to stoop down and untie the thong of His sandals.

Luke has probably the lengthiest discourse about this.

Luke 7:18; The disciples of John the Baptist reported to him about all these things.
Luke 7:19; Summoning two of his disciples, John sent them to the Lord, saying, "Are You the Expected One, or do we look for someone else?"
Luke 7:20; When the men came to Him, they said, "John the Baptist has sent us to You, to ask, 'Are You the Expected One, or do we look for someone else?'"
Luke 7:21; At that very time He cured many people of diseases and afflictions and evil spirits; and He gave sight to many who were blind.
Luke 7:22; And He answered and said to them, "Go and report to John what you have seen and heard: the BLIND RECEIVE SIGHT, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, the POOR HAVE THE GOSPEL PREACHED TO THEM.
Luke 7:23; "Blessed is he who does not take offense at Me."
Luke 7:24; When the messengers of John had left, He began to speak to the crowds about John, "What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind?
Luke 7:25; "But what did you go out to see? A man dressed in soft clothing? Those who are splendidly clothed and live in luxury are found in royal palaces!
Luke 7:26; "But what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I say to you, and one who is more than a prophet.
Luke 7:27; "This is the one about whom it is written, 'BEHOLD, I SEND MY MESSENGER AHEAD OF YOU, WHO WILL PREPARE YOUR WAY BEFORE YOU.'
Luke 7:28; "I say to you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet he who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he."

Luke 7:29; When all the people and the tax collectors heard this, they acknowledged God's justice, having been baptized with the baptism of John.
Luke 7:30; But the Pharisees and the lawyers rejected God's purpose for themselves, not having been baptized by John.

John the Baptist was the messenger that cleared the way before Jesus. John's the Baptists primary message was repentance. He baptized people "for repentance".

Matt 3:1; Now in those days John the Baptist *came, preaching in the wilderness of Judea, saying,
Matt 3:2; "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
Matt 3:3; For this is the one referred to by Isaiah the prophet when he said, "THE VOICE OF ONE CRYING IN THE WILDERNESS, 'MAKE READY THE WAY OF THE LORD, MAKE HIS PATHS STRAIGHT!'" ( see Isa 40:3; )
Matt 3:4; Now John himself had a garment of camel's hair and a leather belt around his waist; and his food was locusts and wild honey.

Matt 3:11; "As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
Mark 1:4; John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.
Luke 3:3; And he came into all the district around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins;