• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Make Things Right

Staff Member
All things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation. 2 Corinthians 5:18

When New England Patriot receive Darryl Stingley cut toward the middle of the field on August 12, 1978, searching for the pass coming his way, he never saw Oakland Raider safety Jack Tatum coming. Tatum, known for his vicious hits, jarred Stingley with his helmet and forearm, breaking the twenty-six year-olds neck and rendering him a quadriplegic for life.

The hit was within league rules and considered tragic bad luck. However, not once did Tatum seek Stingley out afterward to apologize. Stingley, however, forgave Tatum, calling his predicament a test of faith. He asked himself, “In whom, and how much, do you believe, Darryl” In the end, he was the one who was liberated as God released him from the burden of anger and grief.

Grudges are self-imposed burdens; they’re not God’s best for you. Once you consider the lengths God went to so you could be reconciled with Him, your perspective toward others should shift. You reflect well on Jesus when you make peace with those who have wronged you (or whom you have wronged).

Another part of the reconciling work God has for you involves letting people know how they can get right with God, and there’s no room for bad blood in your life or theirs—only Christ’s.

Loyal
Matt 5:23; "Therefore if you are presenting your offering at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you,
Matt 5:24; leave your offering there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering.

Staff Member
As I was typing this I felt in the Spirit that you Dear Brother would be providing additional Scripture on the subject to enjoy!
Thank-you for confirming this rightness I was given.