• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Luke warm....

Loyal
Luke warm People do not really want to be saved from there sin; they only want to be saved from the penalty of there sin. They don't genuinely hate sin and aren't truly sorry for it; they're merely sorry because God is going to punish them. Lukewarm people do not really believe that this new life Jesus offers is better then the old sinful one..........................Francis Chan

John 10:10
I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

Loyal
Luke warm People do not really want to be saved from there sin; they only want to be saved from the penalty of there sin. They don't genuinely hate sin and aren't truly sorry for it; they're merely sorry because God is going to punish them. Lukewarm people do not really believe that this new life Jesus offers is better then the old sinful one..........................Francis Chan

That's why Jesus said He would rather have us Hot or Cold but Luke warm He Would spew out of His mouth.
Blessings and Thank You

Active

That's a major issue for many whether living in luxury or homeless, and all in between. There's not much pity for the upper class, but when dealing with the homeless, I find most often they strongly meet that definition of lukewarmness. Lots of help is available, but practically all have made a habit of it, refusing long term solutions, never comprehending faith in God, demanding rights to their sin lifestyle while enjoying a clean bed and full stomach a few nights a week in a ministry facility. All new clothes, dressed specifically for certain job interviews, avails little, The sign up sheet for classes taught by successful by successful business owners to aim them toward productivity remain empty. There are others who stand ready to guide the homeless through Pell Grant applications and other benefits to attend community college, all expenses paid. They are initially offered a month of residency, pending behavior, but out of hundreds we see maybe three a month try to improve their lives during that first month, only two finishing and succeeding in the past year. Not complaining! Any success is great news. It's dreadful to see their old "friends" come around, getting them right back into a sin lifestyle. It takes personally stoking one's fire.

Huh, that fits some people I know who are employed and housed, too, with wife and kids at home and enjoying a seemingly good life. There just isn't much devotion to God these days. People we discipled have stopped attending church services, won't even be part of home fellowships. They have all they think they need to get by, their offerings no more than excuses. But I don't throw in the towel yet, though we are losing support of key helpers who are success driven.

Loyal
@Dovegiven thanks so much for sharing brother. I find the luke warm being the main people who I come in contact with. I present it to some right to there face in a polite way, I posted this as hoping maybe to get ideas to light a fire under luke warm people, I do realize only the holly spirit can draw them in, but that does not take away our responsibility from trying to reach them.

Most all people say they believe great, then when I dig a little deeper it saddens me, I ask well do you attend church regularly? no; then I ask well are you in the word daily? no;, then I ask how prayers?? and they usually reply yes, then I say well are you on your knees and they say no, and then say I do it while driving, or in my bed before I do to sleep, I actually prefer to be on my face !! then I say something like I am worried you might be luke warm Christian the bible speaks of, I do this in a polite loving half kidding way not to offend (maybe I to nice) but they just say not me I believe in God.

How do you make a luke warm person aware of the fact they are luke warm?? this is really the bible comming to life right before our very eyes because it tells us how the blind can not see,

Active
@Dovegiven thanks so much for sharing brother. I find the luke warm being the main people who I come in contact with. I present it to some right to there face in a polite way, I posted this as hoping maybe to get ideas to light a fire under luke warm people, I do realize only the holly spirit can draw them in, but that does not take away our responsibility from trying to reach them.

Most all people say they believe great, then when I dig a little deeper it saddens me, I ask well do you attend church regularly? no; then I ask well are you in the word daily? no;, then I ask how prayers?? and they usually reply yes, then I say well are you on your knees and they say no, and then say I do it while driving, or in my bed before I do to sleep, I actually prefer to be on my face !! then I say something like I am worried you might be luke warm Christian the bible speaks of, I do this in a polite loving half kidding way not to offend (maybe I to nice) but they just say not me I believe in God.

How do you make a luke warm person aware of the fact they are luke warm?? this is really the bible comming to life right before our very eyes because it tells us how the blind can not see,
When I teach or preach, I do that with a smile because that is such a privilege and joy to do. I know the anointing is there, and hearers are blessed, so I can relax and be very personal, responsive. They are the ones telling me they must be falling short simply because they know that joy is not in them. I don't have to tell folks they have a problem. They realize that. What helps is for them to see someone that's on fire for the Lord, that isn't on the payroll. I dare to open class up to questions on any subject, and the Lord helps me answer. Most teachers would be terrified to try that, and they advise not to try it. It takes a great sell-out to the Word of God. When I'm working I have my phone with audio Bible, and I meditate, praying without periods.

It's up to people like on TJ who are in the word enough to discuss it. Few Christians will attempt it, but might read a little. I pray eyes will open wide upon every contact with someone while letting God open the doors. When they come back with questions that indicate some study happened, I am overjoyed. Over time a few come out of luke-warmness, and when they do the next step is quickly going hot. Just when we need a home study host, one pops up who has been listening, learning, sometimes not at all noticed. Their discipleship goes into full swing. When the Spirit fills, overflow begins.