Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Loving your neighbor as your self

Discussion in 'Bible Chat' started by Dave M, Dec 1, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. NIck you are truly a wise godly man, it is a true pleasure getting to know you here, and learning from your wisdom !

2. When i saying its tough I mean its tough if we do it on our own strength.

But if we ask God for wisdom He can do what we cant on our own. I mean Jesus says He prepares a place for us and His father house had many mansions.

Do you have many mansions here on earth? Well I know I don't! I couldnt even afford a child's playhouse.

Sent from a mobile device
  3. I do however, work in a place where 400 retired people live. Unfortunately, the homeless people around today could never afford to live there. I cant either, and besides, am not old enough...anyway. Just saying about the housing situation.

I just live with my parents, but I suspect homeless people do not want to live with their parents, or maybe they dont have any. When I talk to a few, some said their parents kicked them out, or they stayed in jail. Some of them just live under bridges. Rents are very high, and if you dont have a job to cover it then you got nowhere to live,

Sent from a mobile device
  4. #24 Christ4Ever, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    To God be the All Glory and Praise! Alleluia!
    I could do nothing without Him! Alleluia!

Dave M likes this.
  5. Phil. 2:3 – Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others better than yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interest of others.

WOW that is some powerful language right there when taken to heart !!!

Lanolin and Christ4Ever like this.
  6. Not just my brother is equal to me, but as this verse puts I treat my brother better than I treat myself:

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves." Phil 2:3

While there many good examples in scripture, who but Jesus actually always esteemed others better than himself?

"Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
    No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father." John 10:17-19

Dave M likes this.

7. Im so Glad Jesus came and fulfilled the Law of God and obeyed it for Gods People. Every righteous precept God required in the Law, Christ has did t for His People and by that they are declared righteous ! Rom 5:19

8. Thanks a lot brother Yours is a great post. Allowing the holy spirit to lead is the key. God bless you real good.

Sam.

9. Good post ,You are right.Thank you.

Sam

10. True believers in Christ must bear the fruit of the spirit of God. Their lives will proof to others, especially the unbelievers that he or she is a child of God.Jesus Christ is the LIGHT of the world and I feel we true followers of Jesus are the light of the world too.We should let our light shines in areas where there is spiritual darkness.When I asked for PDF file sermons last week, someone said I google for sermons.Do you know the sources of the sermons? Not all sermons are based on the Word of God. But I will only pass on a sermon that I know will bring glory to God and edify the body of Christ.
    Sam

11. @Sam David

Charles Spurgeon was a preacher from the middle to late 1800's. His sermons are a bit long, 8 pages, but full of great treasure from the Word of God. There are also many of them!!! He was a prolific writer. Should hold you for a while :) I pray that they may be of benefit and for all the things the Holy Spirit would have you do. To the increase of the Kingdom of God and to His Glory! Alleluia, Amen

Spurgeon Sermons, Complete Set of Sermons by C. H. Spurgeon

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
    Nick
    <><

P.S. Might I also suggest that you don't keep asking for sermons in every post that you do! ;)
    Maybe, create a thread and ask there. God will move those who should respond, to your post and within His will we know that there will be great fruitfulness indeed! In the name of Jesus Christ! Amen!