Loving your neighbor as your self

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal Member
When i saying its tough I mean its tough if we do it on our own strength.

But if we ask God for wisdom He can do what we cant on our own. I mean Jesus says He prepares a place for us and His father house had many mansions.

Do you have many mansions here on earth? Well I know I don't! I couldnt even afford a child's playhouse.

I do however, work in a place where 400 retired people live. Unfortunately, the homeless people around today could never afford to live there. I cant either, and besides, am not old enough...anyway. Just saying about the housing situation.

I just live with my parents, but I suspect homeless people do not want to live with their parents, or maybe they dont have any. When I talk to a few, some said their parents kicked them out, or they stayed in jail. Some of them just live under bridges. Rents are very high, and if you dont have a job to cover it then you got nowhere to live,

Last edited by a moderator:
Loyal Member
Phil. 2:3 – Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others better than yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interest of others.

WOW that is some powerful language right there when taken to heart !!!

Loyal Member
I stand corrected !! the greatest example of Loving my neighbor as myself is Jesus Christ dying for my sins on the Cross.

Will you die for me will I die for you?

, I pray to God we never have to find out.
Not just my brother is equal to me, but as this verse puts I treat my brother better than I treat myself:

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves." Phil 2:3

While there many good examples in scripture, who but Jesus actually always esteemed others better than himself?

"Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father." John 10:17-19

Loving your neighbor as your self

Im so Glad Jesus came and fulfilled the Law of God and obeyed it for Gods People. Every righteous precept God required in the Law, Christ has did t for His People and by that they are declared righteous ! Rom 5:19

S

When reading the initial opening to this thread and your above question. What came to mind was the parable of the Good Samaritan.

But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour? And Jesus answering said, A certain [man] went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded [him], and departed, leaving [him] half dead. 31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked [on him], and passed by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion [on him], And went to [him], and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave [them] to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee. Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves? And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.
Luke 10:29-37

A changed heart of the believer, looks at others with compassion and acts upon it. We don't do it to follow a Commandment, for if we do it becomes no different than why the individual who initially posed the question of "who is my neighbor" to our Lord. A Commandment grants us understanding of what is needed, but should not be what motivates us to act. Otherwise, in accordance with what I understand from 1 Corinthians 13, we'll come to understand the why, but fail to communicate the most important part of Christ in us and that is to show and give the World, which is His Love. Which is found in and through the very Gospel we speak of to an unbelieving World.

I mean think about it. If the person we are helping were to ask us "Why are you doing this?". Do we say "Because Jesus has commanded us to do so." or "Because it's a commandment of God's for me to do so"?

While in truth one should be able to say. "It's because, if I were in your situation or one of my children. I would hope that you would do the same." "However, even if you wouldn't. I would still do this." "You might now be asking yourself why then do it if you're getting nothing from it?", "I can tell you, because my Lord Jesus Christ gave me the Greatest Gift, His all for me and for you. He gave His life for while I did nothing to deserve it, He died upon that Cross."

Also, to let your know as I'm sure you have found out by the examples you have stated in your post. Which I say Alleluia to brother! Sometimes, we do something without complete understanding of why, but still that we must. There really is no better way of doing something than allowing the Holy Spirit to guide you to it and in it.

With the Love of Christ Jesus Dear Brother.
YBIC
Nick
<><
Thanks a lot brother Yours is a great post. Allowing the holy spirit to lead is the key. God bless you real good.

Sam.

S

Im so Glad Jesus came and fulfilled the Law of God and obeyed it for Gods People. Every righteous precept God required in the Law, Christ has did t for His People and by that they are declared righteous ! Rom 5:19
Good post ,You are right.Thank you.

Sam

S

True believers in Christ must bear the fruit of the spirit of God. Their lives will proof to others, especially the unbelievers that he or she is a child of God.Jesus Christ is the LIGHT of the world and I feel we true followers of Jesus are the light of the world too.We should let our light shines in areas where there is spiritual darkness.When I asked for PDF file sermons last week, someone said I google for sermons.Do you know the sources of the sermons? Not all sermons are based on the Word of God. But I will only pass on a sermon that I know will bring glory to God and edify the body of Christ.
Sam

Staff member
@Sam David

Charles Spurgeon was a preacher from the middle to late 1800's. His sermons are a bit long, 8 pages, but full of great treasure from the Word of God. There are also many of them!!! He was a prolific writer. Should hold you for a while :smile: I pray that they may be of benefit and for all the things the Holy Spirit would have you do. To the increase of the Kingdom of God and to His Glory! Alleluia, Amen

Spurgeon Sermons, Complete Set of Sermons by C. H. Spurgeon

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
Nick
<><

P.S. Might I also suggest that you don't keep asking for sermons in every post that you do! :wink:
Maybe, create a thread and ask there. God will move those who should respond, to your post and within His will we know that there will be great fruitfulness indeed! In the name of Jesus Christ! Amen!