• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Love Leads To Obedience

Staff Member
Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me. John 14:23-24 NKJV

Jesus makes the stakes of obedience very clear in today’s verse. He’s not interested in enforcing rules for their own sake. He views God’s way of living not just as an intellectual checklist but as a path to life and relationship and as a sign of one’s devotion and love. Jesus is looking for followers who are committed to Him and listen to Him out of a desire for Him, not out of fear or duty.

Perhaps this teaching today is an opportunity to examine your motivation and desires. Are you motivated to follow Jesus out of a sense of love and commitment, or out of duty and obligation? The Father sent Jesus to bring you back to fellowship with Himself. He left the Holy Spirit with you because He would never abandon you. The abundant life of God is yours, provided you do the kinds of things that lead to that life.

Fellowship with God is yours to claim because of the Father’s great love for you, but you must be careful to keep any distractions from obscuring the wonder of His heavenly presence.

Prayer: Jesus, help me to see how great the Father’s love is for me.