• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Lots more light

The few weeks i've been in a period of very dark depression one of the worst lows i've had. through that time i never turned awy from God, although i doubted my salvation at times I never doubted gods power to save.

Over the last few days I have felt much closer to God have been able to praise him and pray and read his word. I feel so much more safe and loved. All this result form the thought to pickup and read a book given to me b a friend so i can give it to her before i leave for uni.

The book on suffering dealt with depression from the very personal persepective of the writer and amougst over things reminded me thaat it was ok to be depressed being a Christian doesn't mean you have to be happy all the time and it made me turn around how i was viewing where i was.

dwelling on the why is this happening to me what did i do to deserve this was not helpful and would never give the answers i wanted.

I can't expain whats changed or exactly why but things don't seem anywhere near so dark. and when i try to pray the words will come and jst flow form me. i can loose myself in praiseing the lord.

Blue

Administrator
Staff Member
Praise GOD sister! GOD loves you and I am glad He has brought you through this by using your friend to shed light onto your heart and mind.

Ecclesiastes 7:19
Wisdom makes one wise man more powerful than ten rulers in a city.

Ecclesiastes 8:1
Who is like the wise man? Who knows the explanation of things? Wisdom brightens a man's face and changes its hard appearance.

We Overcome

That is what a lot of Christians deal with when we endure this walk. But we overcome and persevere. So always know that the best is yet to come.

God is awesome! And you being able to lose yourself in praising is just totally awesome! Thanks for sharing your feelings,
Stay Real
Jei
X

God is awesome, He gives us friends in flesh & even in the net to turn to. The little I have been on here has helped me greatly with my current situation. But prayer needs to be a top choice over friends but a simple hug has much power.