• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Lost your First Love?

In what ways do we exhibit a loss of our First Love?

I'm sure that others have read Christ's warning to the churches in Revelation to return to their First Love. I have and I have searched for clarification of what that means. One obvious conclusion is staying in the Word of God, but I found the following list and found it helpful in understanding not only what Christ was telling the churches, but how to apply the warning in my daily life.

I hope this is helpful to you too.

Lost our First Love

1. When my delight in the Lord is no longer as great as my delight in someone else, I have lost my first love.

2. When my soul does not long for times of rich fellowship in God’s Word or in prayer, I have lost my first love.

3. When my thoughts during leisure moments do not reflect upon the Lord, I have lost my first love.

4. When I claim to be “only human” and easily give in to those things I know displease the Lord, I have lost my first love.

5. When I do not willingly and cheerfully give to God’s work or to the needs of others, I have lost my first love.

6. When I cease to treat every Christian brother as I would the Lord, I have lost my first love.

7. When I view the commands of Christ as restrictions to my happiness rather than expressions of His love, I have lost my first love.

8. When I inwardly strive for the acclaim of this world rather than the approval of the Lord, I have lost my first love.

9. When I fail to make Christ or His words known because I fear rejection, I have lost my first love.

10. When I refuse to give up an activity which I know is offending a weaker brother, I have lost my first love.

11. When I become complacent to sinful conditions around me, I have lost my first love.

12. When I am unable to forgive another for offending me, I have lost my first love.

from Pulpit Helps, May, 1992