• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Lost and confused

I am trying to find my way back to god and understand him, I don't feel his presence let alone the presence of the Holy Spirit the way that I used to. I am doubting a lot of things in my life and just want to know if it's even possible for god to take an impossible Situation and turn it around

I am trying to find my way back to god and understand him, I don't feel his presence let alone the presence of the Holy Spirit the way that I used to. I am doubting a lot of things in my life and just want to know if it's even possible for god to take an impossible Situation and turn it around
Hello! I can tell you I have most definitely been there before! I'm certain almost all of us have been there, basically everyone in the Bible at some point thought God had abandoned them. God is always there and He most definitely does the impossible, not always in ways we expect though. I'd like to help to you in anyway I can. Please reply back and let me know, God bless you!!! Here's also a video that almost made me cry yesterday. I hope it may help.

of course he can! I cant speak exactly for you because we all go thru different things, and God works differently in all of us. But I've done somethings I know God was not pleased with. Actually with the church background I come from, it was like I just disrespected God a lot. And I ended up at a point in life were I had nothing, literally no job, no money, no car, no food, and I didn't know what to do. I looked everywhere for a quick fix solutions but nothing worked to turn my life around. Except the word of God. I started getting back into the Bible but I just felt the same way you did. I didn't think God could fix it, I didn't think he wanted to, but thats not who God says he is. He loves when we come back and seek him. Now that doesn't mean everything is just going to fall immediately into place, take the story of the Israelites for example. He rescued them from slavery and promised them the Promise Land, however they were wandering in the wilderness for 40 years. They were upset with God. They didn't understand why he would rescue them just to leave them in the wilderness. Gods response was simple, he told them he wanted to test them. He brought them to a point where they had no pride left, because he wanted to know their hearts, if when things didn't look good if they would still trust him. And i think God does that with alot of us. Its so easy for Him to just fix things over night, but how does that help us, he wants to see our hearts, he wants to know if we are going to trust him whether we are in the wilderness wandering with no directions or whether we are in our Promise Land. Never lose your faith. Jesus said he overcame the world. He has your back, just keep believing and stay close to God and you'll see.

Loyal
"...With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10
We all experience things and start to question God.. I too have been in that state of "emptiness". What the enemy has meant for evil, the Lord can turn the situation around to your good! Continue to trust in God... I will be praying for you.

I don't know where to start
of course he can! I cant speak exactly for you because we all go thru different things, and God works differently in all of us. But I've done somethings I know God was not pleased with. Actually with the church background I come from, it was like I just disrespected God a lot. And I ended up at a point in life were I had nothing, literally no job, no money, no car, no food, and I didn't know what to do. I looked everywhere for a quick fix solutions but nothing worked to turn my life around. Except the word of God. I started getting back into the Bible but I just felt the same way you did. I didn't think God could fix it, I didn't think he wanted to, but thats not who God says he is. He loves when we come back and seek him. Now that doesn't mean everything is just going to fall immediately into place, take the story of the Israelites for example. He rescued them from slavery and promised them the Promise Land, however they were wandering in the wilderness for 40 years. They were upset with God. They didn't understand why he would rescue them just to leave them in the wilderness. Gods response was simple, he told them he wanted to test them. He brought them to a point where they had no pride left, because he wanted to know their hearts, if when things didn't look good if they would still trust him. And i think God does that with alot of us. Its so easy for Him to just fix things over night, but how does that help us, he wants to see our hearts, he wants to know if we are going to trust him whether we are in the wilderness wandering with no directions or whether we are in our Promise Land. Never lose your faith. Jesus said he overcame the world. He has your back, just keep believing and stay close to God and you'll see.

Thank you
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10
We all experience things and start to question God.. I too have been in that state of "emptiness". What the enemy has meant for evil, the Lord can turn the situation around to your good! Continue to trust in God... I will be praying for you.

Start with believing ! I can't give specifics because only God knows what you need. But Jesus said many many many times just believe in Him. There's a famous passage in the Bible that says Jesus wept. Many people say he wept because of the death of Lazurus. He didn't actually cry because of Lazurus death, if you read the entire chapter he wept because people close to Him, who Jesus had did many things for, still doubted Him. His close friends were upset with Him because He didn't do things their way. It literally brought Jesus to tears because of their lack of faith. God makes no mistakes. If we didn't go thru hard times there would be no need for Jesus. Trust Him! Just give it a try. Read your Bible every day and pray. I don't care if you just flip to a random page in the Bible, just read something and watch how He speaks to you. You got this Sheila! I'm standing in prayer for you! I look forward to hearing your testimony !

Loyal
I just find it so hard to just have faith it's hard
Long ago before I knew God I met a man who was serving God as I had never before seen a man serve. His witness to me was used by God to win me to the Lord. That man said many good inspired things, but one that I recall clearly after 40 years is this:

"It is hard to live for God easy, but it is easy to live for God hard."

In other words, the harder you work at it, the easier it becomes. This is not because we are able to do it. It is because God recognizes and supplements our efforts with His own.

Every day try to remember what the man in the following verses did wrong and what Jesus advised:

"When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 14:8-11

Every day in every purpose always strive to start at the bottom. Don't try to lift yourself up. Let God do any lifting of you that is done.

Administrator
Staff Member

Hi sister welcome to the forums. I think every believer goes through this kind of season. Its not necessarily a bad thing as it makes us hunger for more of God and reminds us how empty we feel without Him.

What helps me alot is listening to sermon podcasts daily. Its pretty awesome how God infused that desire slowly and gently overtime because I've grown a lot by hearing the word preached even while driving or just getting my day started in the morning.

I recommend these awesome meat preaching pastors:

Charles Stanley
David Jeremiah
Derek Prince

Loyal

Sister, the Lord has not gone anywhere. He is still in the same place as he was before. The reason why we stop sensing his presence is because we have stopped thinking about him. The word "repentance" not mean to feel sorry for something, it means, "to change your mind". Change our mind from what to what? Stop thinking on the things of this world, and set your heart and mind on the things above where Christ is sitting on the right hand of God. Why? Because you have died with him on the cross, and your life is NOW hidden with Christ in God!!!
The Lord God keeps the man who has his heart, and mind set on him in perfect peace all the time.

Change your mind in what you have been thinking about lately, and think on the Lord, and you will once again discover his presents in your life. Read the Bible and learn more from him as there is no limit to how much you can experience of God. All things are possible to him who believes.