• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Losing Salvation

Loyal
If can remember the theme of The Gospel of John is the deity of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. And remember John was a young kid, and stayed close to Jesus all the time, So their discussions was a lot different from the other disciples. John had a better closer relationship with the Son of God than the rest. They were always telling John, to go ask him what He meant by this by that, because they were kinda scared to ask Jesus stuff, because, when he would say things like this, '" how come you don't understand what I am saying" so they send young John up to him, then John would tell the other disciples what Jesus meant. If you want to feel and see the deity of the Son of God, and your relationship with him, the Gospel According to John is it , John, he walked with him heard his prayers the personal way Jesus responded to his Father. It is like you are right there with Jesus experiencing with his Father and the things he is telling about Him and the things Jesus is telling Him about you.

Loyal
John 6:70; Jesus answered them, "Did I Myself not choose you, the twelve, and yet one of you is a devil?"

Still Jesus chose him, devil or not. Just because Jesus chooses you, is no guarantee.

Luke 10:20; "Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven."

John 6:66; As a result of this many of His disciples withdrew and were not walking with Him anymore.
John 6:67; So Jesus said to the twelve, "You do not want to go away also, do you?"

Psa 69:28; May they be blotted out of the book of life And may they not be recorded with the righteous.
Rev 3:5; 'He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Rev 2:4; 'But I have this against you, that you have left your first love.
Rev 2:5; 'Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand out of its place—unless you repent.

Loyal
PS "pelagian" is a biblical term"

I did not find this word in any of my 18 translations.

If you believe man has a free will, and rightly good, you are "Pelagian" in your thinking, or semi-pelagian if you just think a man have free will but is not rightly good but has the choice to be good or bad.

So when you sin... did God make you sin? Or was it your choice?

Loyal
Your argument concerning, you can lose eternal life since Jesus started to proclaim He gives eternal life! Is been going on since then. So your argument is nothing new. "Jesus says I give, you says he takes away" this argument will continue Until he comes back. And whosoever continue in this type of argument will never grow in grace but continue playing in the rut. And cannot move on of growing into the Knowledge who God is. 50 years still at the same spot over and over and over and over . So my friend enjoy your rut. I am not going backwards and you cannot Whole me here! Enjoy your defense of " believing in the lord Jesus Christ and you might get saved". And you might not" depends on what you do! So if you forsake everything today but you still might not make it and there is only a few that will be saved. Good luck on your attempt! So this is your opinion on salvation, you might get saved. Sorry I believe eternal life is eternal life and Jesus will not in no wise change his mind once you ordain it by a "a birth from above a new creature! Which was given to you by grace and not earn in the 1st. Place. I do not believe Jesus mission is "temporary eternal life" you got it today you lose it tomorrow! I have never heard the doctrine of "Temporary eternal life" Jesus is offering.

Loyal
I did not find this word in any of my 18 translations.

So when you sin... did God make you sin? Or was it your choice?
Why don't you try "the dictionary of biblical terminology". Every field has terminology and a dictionary for that field of study. That we can have one mind of the definition of words. Like what does the word "bible" means "The Book" like what is The Original copied text. Atonement, Chosen, Elect, salvation, eternal life, these are biblical terminology. Pertaining to the word of God. Not worldly if you look in a world dictionary you get a worldly definition. Or a partial definition of biblical terminology. Have you ever wonder why. A worldly dictionary would give you a partial definition of a biblical terminology?

Loyal
LOL, You truly are like tha "British Monk" Pelagius". LoL.

Lol, Satan always obey GOD , his creator, Satan is a created being, And Jesus is the one who created him, and the Demons and Satan obeyed Jesus even in the New Testament writings, you did read that didn't you? Now that is a question.

Satan is doing the exact thing he was created to do! That is to deceive you! And he is doing a perfect job! For He is a Perfect Deceiver! For God made him a Perfect Deceiver and when God makes something it is perfect! would you not agree? " The Perfect Adversary". For you and me! For All the children of God!

And as far as power, Micheal the Arc-Angel has more power than Satan! Matter of fact one day a powerful Angel is going bring a chain from heaven and rap it around Satan's neck and drag him and cast him into a pit for thousand years!

Free will is a another discussion. And to have a understanding what the biblical terminology of the word "freewill" means. People makes a statement of freewill of course the world will make a statement like that, But the world does not know they are in "bondage to sin", they are in the dark and blinded and they think they are free. How call they be free if they are in bondage and don't know it. Because they are dead in trespasses and sin. Then when you are sold and purchase by the Blood of Jesus, you now becomes a slave of Christ, you do not own your own selves, you was bought with a price, paid for to be a bond slaves. No more your will but you obey your "Master" and if you dis obey He will whip you! Not my will Lord but thy will be none. You do not have freewill, whether you know it or not! One day the only will you will have is GODS will! No other will come to mind. Now that is the short version! And this is the summary: We lost the will to choose the things of "God " in the garden of Eden. But now "men loves the darkness rather than light" so by nature we choose the dark. Because that is what we like. So it kinda can be complicated! People cannot or have the ability to choose God, He chooses us! That is what we call grace.

You see, I have "Muck Boots" ! I just run the water hose over them and that stuff just run off!

We are more bless than many realize!
May God's Love fill us daily.

I can not believe you trully believe all that you just said .

God can not create evil . Plain and simple .

Lucifer was not created to be sinful . That sin came from Lucifer when he declared equality with God ..

You read the scripture , but fail to understand much of it pertaining to where sin comes from . Sin comes from the heart .

Plain ans simple . We are not created to sin . We are not created to fall away , we are not created to betray , we are not created for hell , we are not created to be garbage and thrown away . But this is what you are saying to me, and that is false teachings.

You say , Satan was created to Sin and to draw people away from God . False Teaching

You say Judas Iscariot was created to sin and betray Jesus . False Teaching

You say those going to hell were created to sin and fall away . FALSE TEACHING .

i will continue being the monk . Thank you

Loyal
Your argument concerning, you can lose eternal life since Jesus started to proclaim He gives eternal life! Is been going on since then. So your argument is nothing new. "Jesus says I give, you says he takes away" this argument will continue Until he comes back. And whosoever continue in this type of argument will never grow in grace but continue playing in the rut. And cannot move on of growing into the Knowledge who God is. 50 years still at the same spot over and over and over and over . So my friend enjoy your rut. I am not going backwards and you cannot Whole me here! Enjoy your defense of " believing in the lord Jesus Christ and you might get saved". And you might not" depends on what you do! So if you forsake everything today but you still might not make it and there is only a few that will be saved. Good luck on your attempt! So this is your opinion on salvation, you might get saved. Sorry I believe eternal life is eternal life and Jesus will not in no wise change his mind once you ordain it by a "a birth from above a new creature! Which was given to you by grace and not earn in the 1st. Place. I do not believe Jesus mission is "temporary eternal life" you got it today you lose it tomorrow! I have never heard the doctrine of "Temporary eternal life" Jesus is offering.
It is a little humorous when i read your writings. About if i make it to heaven, especially when you see where i came from , and where i will return when my work is finished.

May the stars of Heaven shine brightly on you as you walk the brick streets of God's City

Loyal
What did Jesus mean when he said " no one can go to the Father but through me "

Take your time in responce , as the answer might surprize you.

Loyal
I do perceive by some of your writings and what you said I said, you do not understand " English grammar or the English syntax". Nor A proper quote, it seems, they are strangers to you. But I will be kind, for my Father in Heaven has all kinds of "Children" and the Creator" of all things and creatures that exists and I will leave you in His hands. Just like, we are all, in His hands. Now may I say this: A few of My Father's, " The Almighty GOD" characteristics. Listed below, and when HE speaks, the language is so plain, a child can understand what He had said and needs no interpreter.

(Isaiah 45:7).
I am he that prepared light, and formed darkness; who make peace, and create evil; I am the Lord God, that does all these things.

(Amos 3:6).
If a trumpet sounds in a city, will the people not tremble? If calamity comes to a city, has not the LORD caused it?

(Lamentations 3).
Do not both adversity and good come from the mouth of the Most High?

(Jeremiah)
Give glory to the LORD your God, before he cause darkness, and before your feet stumble upon the dark mountains, and, while ye look for light, he turn it into the shadow of death, and make it gross darkness.

Forming light, and preparing darkness, Making peace, and preparing evil, I am Jehovah, doing all these things.'

On that night I will pass through the land of Egypt and strike down every firstborn male, both man and beast, and I will execute judgment against all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD.

Our Father does all of these things! For Our GOD. Is. "SOVEREIGN"! And if you do not know what the " Biblical Word" translated to Sovereign means pertaining to GOD! Look it. Up! It means more than the world,s translated "Sovereign"! There are no words that exists can describe our GOD! For He IS MORE!

This is The GOD I know, for "Jesus Christ" himself, His Son Has revealed HIM to me! And I know Him!

Chrildren of GOD! Your Father is greater than you can even imagine! And nothing does not happen unless it is "Ordain by HIM"!

Loyal
If you think GOD is A weak GOD, And this World has gotten out of control. You will always be in a state of Despair! And in fear because the God who you serve is a hopeless GOD and He has left you in the hands a stronger creature that is called a Devil. And He cannot do nothing with him! But I will declare and proclaim to you, That our Father controls everything that happens in this world, and the Devil is just another creature that was made by Our Father to shape "The Sons of GOD" into The Creatures they are to be, just like The Devil tortured Jesus to make Him into a "New Creature" of "The 1st Born":cool:

"He that have ears, Let him hear"! Shout! For your Redemption is near! "Hot Diggity Dog"!

Loyal
Now a question:

@PloughBoy In accomplishing his mission does that mean that Judas Iscariot did not loose his salvation?

If I may add sister, if he had salvation and I don't think he did, I believe he and others can lose their salvation.

Also the Holy Spirit didn't come to indwell a believer until Pentecost.

Here are a few verses I posted earlier...

Regarding the OSAS situation, I am aware many believe this but I don't. I think there are to many conflicting statement in scripture to accept OSAS.

John 15:1-2 (NKJV)
1 "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.

Hebrews 3:12-15 (NKJV)
12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God;
13 but exhort one another daily, while it is called "Today," lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
14 For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end,
15 while it is said: "Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion."

1 Timothy 4:1-3 (NKJV)
1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron,
3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.

Active
But you proved my point , twice .

1 ) that God focuses our attention on Judas Iscariot via scripture ( there is always a purpose with God . Especially in the Scriptures )

2 ) that Once Saved Always Saved doesnt wash , doesnt work where our free will reigns.
How does free will trump OSAS?

Active
Greetings Bill,

I think the reason Judas name was said in full was to distinguish the two Judas'.

One was called Judas, son of James (who was actually Jacob) and the other was Judas Iscariot.

Judas, son of James was also called Thaddeus in the book of Mark, so Judas Iscariot said in full made it clear which Jesus was being mentioned.

Regarding the OSAS situation, I am aware many believe this but I don't. I think there are to many conflicting statement in scripture to accept OSAS.

John 15:1-2 (NKJV)
1 "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.

Hebrews 3:12-15 (NKJV)
12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God;
13 but exhort one another daily, while it is called "Today," lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
14 For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end,
15 while it is said: "Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion."

1 Timothy 4:1-3 (NKJV)
1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron,
3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.
Regarding OSAS: None of the scripture ever quoted proves anything other than God is Sovereign! All these types of scriptures do not address wether any of these people were actually, "Born Again" saved, in fact, they always seem to be directed to the unbeliever. If for one millisecond, you are saying that God is not powerful enough to choose and save someone for ever, then you better check yourself! How can you "Fall Away" from a place were you have never been? The Prodigal Son is proof of this...though he apparently did not realize this, he was probably Anti-OSAS at one time and he did slip backwards but he never Fell Away; he was saved the whole time. Revisit this story and show me were he was not saved until he returned to his Father! You have free will to reject Jesus or not reject him. After that you belong to Him and He said he would never leave you or forsake you. How do you fall away from God? Where can you go where He isn't!