• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Losing faith

I have always been a believer that god is with my through hard times, but lately I have lost my faith in the Lord. First off, the last two years have been some of the most difficult years of my life. I feel like every time I turn around I am either failing at something or something is crumbling before me.... for some reason nothing can work out. But even through it all I have stayed devoted to god everyday. I can feel my faith slipping as everything is falling before. I am a strong believer in prayers and looking towards the bible but lately I just feel like god is providing for everyone around me except for me. I feel like he has forgotten about me. I keep asking myself why me? Why is it always me that fails even though I put so much hard work and effort in everything I do. I try to tell myself that god only brings you through thing only if he feels you are strong enough, but lately I have lost hope in it all. What should I do?

I'm not sure what to say to you right now but I see that no one has answered yet and I wanted you to know I care. I asked God for help with this and: (random generated verse) Isaiah 66:14.

What is it you've been failing at?

Loyal
The devil wonders around like a roaring hungry lion, seeking to devour the children of light. He has no power over you unless you give it to him. Do not seek the things of the world, that the world see's as victory and success, they are the trappings of satan. They do not represent the things of God. Our life isn't meant to be easy when our adversary is working to destroy that which we are attempting, winning the world to Christ.

Do not be discouraged, but choose moment by moment to trust the Lord and you will see His glory.

Hab 3:17 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:
Hab 3:18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
Hab 3:19 The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.

The above scripture demonstrates a brother who had bull dog faith and would not let go.
Our God is good no matter what the season of life or the circumstance. If you let Him, He will work something good out of every situation- He will allow trials in our life that we may have the privilege of trusting Him and growing in faith.
Read the psalms- you will see King David get down because of circumstance; then he would remember how faithful his God was; then he would rise over his circumstance victorious in the Lord his God.
Things tend to say in proper perspective when we keep our focus on Him, so do just that. I will be praying for you.

Loyal
I have always been a believer that god is with my through hard times, but lately I have lost my faith in the Lord. First off, the last two years have been some of the most difficult years of my life. I feel like every time I turn around I am either failing at something or something is crumbling before me.... for some reason nothing can work out. But even through it all I have stayed devoted to god everyday. I can feel my faith slipping as everything is falling before. I am a strong believer in prayers and looking towards the bible but lately I just feel like god is providing for everyone around me except for me. I feel like he has forgotten about me. I keep asking myself why me? Why is it always me that fails even though I put so much hard work and effort in everything I do. I try to tell myself that god only brings you through thing only if he feels you are strong enough, but lately I have lost hope in it all. What should I do?
Where is it that you are failing? I cannot see your life or your life style, but I know from my own experience, that my worst problems in this world have come because I have not ALWAYS put God's kingdom first and have not ALWAYS sought His righteousness first (Matt 6:33) .

But... really what is, or what should be, the most important thing? Is it being successful and happy in this world or is it pleasing God?

Remember Stephen? While they were casting the stones at him, which were literally killing his body of flesh, was he concerned with the pain? Are your present losses, or your present failures, or your present pain, similar to or worse than his? Stephen had the same Holy Ghost that is available to us today... that is available to you. The purpose of the Holy Ghost is not to make us happy in the here and now... although sometimes we may receive happiness in the here and now.

"And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep." Acts 7:59-60

Are you looking for comfort and happiness in this world? If so, I would suggest you look at the life of Stephen. I would suggest you look at the life of Jesus. Where did Jesus lay His head?

"And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head." Matt 8:20
Where Jesus wants to lay His head is in you and in me... not in the superficially 'good' things of this natural world we are in...

I (we) can tell you all kinds of things, but you have to believe them. You have to choose to believe. :) *hugs*

Also...I love the fact that in the Bible the stories aren't happy and sugar coated. No way! They are RAW and in your face and real! So real! There are so many in the Bible who went through hard times and God always answered them. Not always the way they wanted, but He wouldn't be God if He gave us everything we asked Him for. For some that is hard to handle...

We don't know what is going on in your life, but we are here. You can tell us or not. We will pray. We will carry you to Jesus. He loves you so much, you know :)

If you want, you can private message me. We can talk if you like. I just want you to know that I care and I don't like seeing my sisters in Christ feeling this way! :)

Staff Member
I waited patiently for the LORD; and He inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
And He hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God:
Psalm 40:1-3

@mega

Greetings sister

You have had some excellent responses here so I won't add much.......

The devil whispers failure in your ear, he wants you to doubt and fear

But you are not a failure

You are a precious child of the King of kings
Redeemed by the precious blood of Jesus

May the beautiful promises of the Lord in this little video encourage you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrXokoe7FO0

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end
Jeremiah 29:11

Last edited:
I wonder ? are you praying for patience ?

Rom_5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Rom_12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

2Co_1:4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

I once was praying for Patience, Everything in my life was a big problem. Nothing was going right. They were some of the worse days of my life time.

Our words are so powerful and can bring such problems into our lives?

Isa_58:6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

It means anything that holding us back or has bound us in any way.

I know GOD LOVES you as much as me or any other person on earth. And He watching you closely to see how you handle these little battles.

I bless you and I pray the LORD does whatever is needed in your life quickly and fill your every need in the mighty name of our LORD JESUS CHRIST . Thank You LORD.

Hi Mega,

I wanted to talk to you about a man in the bible who lost everything. He lost his family, his servants, he lost his livelihood, there wasn't anything he didn't lose and he even for awhile lost his health. This man was Job. Did he feel angry I'm sure he did and did he feel like giving up yep again I'm sure he did. He went through a lot and lost everything watched his life crumble before him and yet as much as he felt these things he never did give up because God was there with him through it all. Even when Job in desperation and frustration questioned God saying " Why Have you done this to me" God answered Him and they had one long conversation with God doing much of the talking. After this Job repented for his lack of faith and for not trusting God.

We all go through situations and seasons of life where things just don't go right or maybe things seems stacked against us and we feel like we can't take anymore. We've lost everything and just can't standanother minute. Remember these words found in the end of Job. After he came through everything that happened God did something amazing. Not only did God ride through that terrible storm in Job's lifewith him He gave job twice as much as he had before and restored job's losses. God blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning.

Job 42:10-17 And the Lord restored Job's losses when he prayed for his friends. Indeed the Lord gave job twice as much as he had before. Then all his brothers, all his sisters, and all those who had been hisacquaintances before, came to him and ate food with him in his house; and they consoled him and comforted him for all the adversity that the Lord had brought upon him. Each one gave him a piece of silver and each a ring of gold. Now the Lord blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning for he had fourteen thousand sheep, six thousand camels, one thousand yoke of oxen and one thousand femaledonkeys. He had seven sons and three daughters. And he called the name of the first Jemimah, the name of the second Keziah, and the name of the third keren-Happuch. In all the landwere found no women so beautiful as the daughters of Job; and their father gave them an inheritance among their brothers. After this Job lived one hundred and forty years, and saw his children and grandchildren for four generations.So Job died, old and full of days.

Mega my friend right now you are going a rough time and no we can't possibly know how you feel or what it's like, but we can be here to lift you up and pray for you and to let you know that no matter what life throws you, no matter what lies satan tries to tell you or how our enemy tries to bring you down that God is bigger, stronger and has not left you He is riding through the storm with you and will bring you through and Just as he did for Job He can and will do for you. He will bless you more than you ever thought possible if only you will stick with Him and not let go. In those times you feel the most discouraged lift praises to God and hold fast to Him, keep doing what you are doing in reading His word and talking to Him. He hasn't forsaken you will not let you down. You are more than victorious in God my friend you are a conqueror and by holding on to God and never giving up have won. Satan would have you believe otherwise because he knows his future. Don't let him bring you down with his lies my friend and sister instead listen to that voice of truth that says " I'm here and I love you my daughter" there is a song that I absolutely love and I want to put some of it here for you see.

The anchor holds though the ship is tattered
the anchor holds though the sails are torn
I have fallen on my knees as I've faced the raging sea
but the anchor holds inspite of the storm.

That anchor is Jesus He will hold you through this storm and bring you through no matter what just keep holding on to Him. I'll be praying for you and lifting you up to Him.

Your sister and friend in Jesus

AA

Last edited:

[Hebrews 11:1] Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

We are called to face Christ on His terms mega. He is our Lord and Saviour and He is our Leader in so much as He tells us to overcome, we will be not given what we cannot overcome, I can understand your faithlessness in today’s climate with so much of the World hitting our faith from left and right. Our faith is always tested to what we can bear. We as Christians are not immune to the world. We are told to be in the world but not of it.

I call what you are going through as the ‘Wilderness Experience’. We are called to be separate from this world yet be in it. When our faith is tested it is God who calls us out to come out of the wilderness and come to Him on bended knee. He will only give what you can take mega. Keep the faith and be strong in the Lord because He will come through not keeping you in the wilderness. I am a firm believer that we are called to be separate from the world. It is what every Christian will go through. Sitting on the fence will make you sad when troubling times come upon us. Jesus says we are more than conquerors through Him.

You are not alone; many are called to the wilderness experience to cement their Faith in Jesus and make us sound. My prayers are for you that you can return to a belief that is of a believer who has been in the wilderness and come home. Here are a couple of verses for you to digest on.

[James 1:5-6] If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. (6) But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

[Romans 8:38-39]For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, (39) neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

[Galatians 2:20] I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

[2 Corinthians 5:7] For we live by faith, not by sight.

[Ephesians 3:17-19] so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, (18) may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, (19) and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

[Psalm 105:8] He remembers his covenant forever, the promise he made, for a thousand generations,

God promises He will help us in times of trouble. Do not be disillusioned for He holds us up to the Father and is in our corner. You are not alone in your struggles for we have or will be tested in our life.

For me, God is my redeemer as He is to you.

Blessings mega...

Loyal
I have always been a believer that god is with my through hard times, but lately I have lost my faith in the Lord. First off, the last two years have been some of the most difficult years of my life.

If anything, your post reveals to me that God is still working in your life. You say you have lost faith in him, and yet you are asking for help and prayer in a Christian forum. Why would you do that?
You must believe in something. Even if it's the power of prayer to a God that answers prayer. I personally feel that when everything is going smooth and easy, and we are "coasting", we aren't growing in the Lord.
It's through the trials that our faith is tested. It's through the struggles that we learn to trust him. As a Christian who has been saved for over years, I can say these trials will come sometimes. But God helps us
through them, and rewards us for our faith.

1 Pet 1:6; In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials,
1 Pet 1:7; so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

Jas 1:2; Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials,
Jas 1:3; knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.
Jas 1:4; And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

If we only love God when things are going our way, what kind of love is that? I will be praying for you. I know that God is faithful.

Luke 22:28; "You are those who have stood by Me in My trials;
Luke 22:29; and just as My Father has granted Me a kingdom, I grant you
Luke 22:30; that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and you will sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Last edited:
What exactly do you mean by "providing for"? It seems to me that Elohim has not forgotten to provide you with a computer and internet so you can post this message.

Since you can use the internet, I'm sure that you also have food, shelter and clothing. Do you know there are millions of people who don't even have a computer? If they heard you complain they would probably laugh and tell you they'd kill to have your life right now.

Maybe by "providing for", you are talking about things like really nice cars, really big house, nice retirement fund, lots of money? And maybe you keep "failing" at starting a business or getting a nicer job, or a good relationship?

The best thing you can do for yourself, is stop defining how Elohim is supposed to take care of you. Do not define how much money He should give you and how big your home should be.

Those people who seem better "provided for", do you know where their money is coming from? Even in churches there are many people doing shady deals or serving Satan to get wealth. Just because they go to your church doesn't mean they are all earning honest money. Maybe some are, and others aren't.

With your demands and expectations right now, it would not be good for Elohim to give you wealth and the things you want. You would forget Him very easily. So, you should thank Him for what you've got now.

We [Our New Creature ,Spirit] is declared a over comers and child of God . At our beginning in HIM.

All we need to do walk and live thought that New Creature He made us. It very simple and He would not tell us to do anything that was not easy and simple to do. Of course it does take a little effort which few are willing to do ?