• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Looking to the Past to see the Future.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Looking to the Past to see the Future
Everyone wants to know their future, and God reveals to us our future based on the past that he has prepared for us!

Jer 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, TO GIVE YOU A FUTURE AND A HOPE. (ESV)

The Lord gives to us our future not by just waiting to see what happens as time goes by, but by revealing it to us what he has prepared for us in the past!

1Co 2:9 But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”—
1Co 2:10 these things GOD HAS REVEALED TO US THROUGH THE SPIRIT. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God.

No man will ever see with his physical eyes, or ever hear with his physical ears, or ever contemplate in his carnal mind the things God has (past-tense) prepared for them that love him. God does reveal all these things to the ones who love him by His Spirit. The spirit (re-birthed spirit) of man who has the exact same counterparts to the natural man which is, spiritual eyes, spiritual ears, and the spirit mind (mind of Christ) is the only way any Christian can receive these revelations of what our future is, given by the Spirit of God!

To know the future you have to know the past. To see forward, you have to look back to the past, because God finished all of his work from the beginning.(the past) God calls the end (future) from the beginning (past)!!

Isa 46:9 remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me,
Isa 46:10 DECLARING THE END FROM THE BEGINNING and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,’

The future is not something that will just happen by chance. The future will be what God declared it to be from the beginning!
If we don't know the past we will certainly not know the future, and if we don't know the future then our salvation is not guaranteed! Salvation is not something that will someday come true, our salvation is true because it was finished from the beginning.

2Ti 1:9 WHO HATH SAVED US, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was GIVEN US IN CHRIST JESUS BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN,

Faith has nothing to do with the future, it has everything to do with the past because it believes in the past which causes the future! This is why Jesus said.....

Mar 11:24 That is why I tell you, as to whatever you pray and make a request for, IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT it shall be yours.
I will only get those things I already know I have. Faith does not believe in someday getting what I asked for, but only in what I believe I already have!!
Mat 21:22 And all things, WHATSOEVER YE SHALL ASK IN PRAYER, BELIEVING, ye shall receive.

Nowhere in this scripture does it say, “whatever I ask in prayer I shall receive”
It says, “whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, ye shall receive.
How can I know what those things are that I already have?

2Pe 1:3 According as HIS DIVINE POWER HATH GIVEN UNTO US ALL THINGS THAT PERTAIN UNTO LIFE AND GODLINESS, THROUGH THE KNOWLEDGE OF HIM that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Since “faith” comes by hearing, and hearing the Word of God, and we must ask in faith to receive anything from the Lord, then we must know what God has already given to us (past tense) before we will ever get it in the natural realm! We have to know the past first before we can experience the future of what was already given to us!!

Skráðu þig inn á Facebook | Facebook

Last edited by a moderator: