There is much we can learn from the life of the apostle Paul. Far from ordinary, Paul was given the opportunity to do extraordinary things for the kingdom of God. The story of Paul is a story of redemption in Jesus Christ and a testimony that no one is beyond the saving grace of the Lord. However, to gain the full measure of the man, we must examine his dark side and what he symbolized before becoming “the Apostle of Grace.” Paul’s early life was marked by religious zeal, brutal violence, and the relentless persecution of the early church. Fortunately, the later years of Paul’s life show a marked difference as he lived his life for Christ and for the advancement of His kingdom.
- Here we are told about Paul’s dark side!
- But there is no dark side!
- He honestly thought he was right!
- But it was corruption!
- And he was wrong!
- When Jesus opened his eyes, he went straight away!
- And nothing or no one could stop him from walking on Jesus’ side!
- And he became the apostle of the nations!
- And he did it alone without the help or the control of the other apostles!
- Such an incredible choice from Jesus!
- If you think like today’s people, you will never understand the Bible!
- They used to write differently!
- They used to speak differently!
- They used to think differently!
- They used to act differently!