• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Looking for Jesus according to Luke

JLG

1) Jesus vs the religious leaders

Luke 4: Good reports about jesus spread throughout all the surrounding country. And he begins to teach in the synagogues and is held in honor by all.

- There it appears that everything starts well for Jesus.

- But it’s only the beginning!

- Jesus is going to be clear about his message!

- He is not here to tell people what they want to hear but God’s word!

- That’s why the religious leaders are going to oppose him right at the beginning!

- And this fight will go on till his death!

- He will never accept corruption of God’s word, no never!

JLG

2) Jesus vs the religious leaders

Luke 4: Jesus then goes to Nazareth and he enters the synagogue on the Sabbath day and he reads about the prophet Isaiah and he speaks about the Messiah and he tells the audience that the words of the prophet are fulfilling that day!

- Jesus tells the religious leaders that he is the Christ from the Bible and the one they are waiting for and his miracles prove who he really is!

- So once again they have all the information!

- They can’t say we don’t know or we didn’t know!

- They reject him because it is against their own interests so they oppose him all the time so they have no excuse!

JLG

- For those who may be interested!

Is there a Holy Trinity in Judaism?

In Judaism, the idea of God as a duality or trinity is heretical — it is even considered by some polytheistic. According to Judaic beliefs, the Torah rules out a trinitarian God in Deuteronomy (6:4): "Hear Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is one."

What do Jews think of the Holy Spirit?

In Judaism, the Holy Spirit (Hebrew: רוח הקודש, ruach ha-kodesh) refers to the divine force, quality, and influence of God over the universe or over God's creatures, in given contexts.

Do Messianic Jews believe in Trinity?

Many Messianic Jews affirm the doctrine of the Trinity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit as three representations of the same divinity.

Who do the Jews worship?

Yahweh

God in Judaism has been conceived in a variety of ways. Traditionally, Judaism holds that Yahweh, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and the national god of the Israelites, delivered the Israelites from slavery in Egypt, and gave them the Law of Moses at Mount Sinai as described in the Torah.

JLG

3) Jesus vs the religious leaders

Luke 4:

- At first Jesus is well accepted!

- But they don’t understand how he can speak as he speaks because he is the son of a carpenter!

- And they want him to do what he did in Capernaum!

- But Jesus explains that no prophet is accepted in his home territory!

- So they start to be angry at him!

- And they throw him out of the city and try to kill him!

- But he goes away from them!

- Knowledge vs Ignorance

- Jesus tells exactly who the religious leaders are and they don’t like the truth!

- They don’t accept where he comes from and the fact he knows what he knows without having studied!

- They refuse to accept the truth because of man’s tradition!

- They want to kill him all at once because they refuse the truth but he doesn’t let them do it!

JLG

4) Jesus vs the religious leaders

Luke 4: In Capernaum, a city of Galilee, he is teaching them on the Sabbath!

- And and they are surprised because of his teaching as he speaks with authority.

- Jesus has authority because people can see that what he says and thinks and does is one and that he really cares about people and he is the same all the time with all kinds of people, he makes no difference. He doesn’t live in big houses, he has nothing for himself! Now when you look at religious leaders, it is completely the opposite, there is no possible comparison, it is TRUTH VS LIAR!

JLG

5) Jesus vs the religious leaders

Luke 5:

- Jesus decides to go aboard a boat and begins teaching the crowds from the boat!

- For Jesus, any situation is fine to teach people, any time, anyone, he has no limit, he is always ready to do his Father’s will, he lives God, he eats God, he drinks God, he sleeps God! Now think about religious leaders: do you see the big difference, I should say the CANYON between him and them or the EVEREST!

JLG

6) Jesus vs the religious leaders

Luke 5:

- Jesus is teaching!

- Pharisees and teachers of the Law are listening to him!

- They have come from Galilee and Judea and Jerusalem!

- And God’s power is with him to do healing.

- So they can see all the miracles of Jesus thus they have no excuse when they oppose him!

- In fact, they know everything about Jesus!

- Then he forgives the sins of a paralyzed man!

- And then he cures him to show them that he has authority on earth to forgive sins!

- And people are seized with amazement and glorify God and are filled with awe!

- But not the religious leaders!

- Jesus can read their thoughts but they even don’t care about it! They know everything but they don’t care at all because it is against their own interests!

- Those who care are amazed but it is not the case of the religious leaders!

JLG

7) Jesus vs the religious leaders

Luke 5:

- The Pharisees and the scribes don’t understand why Jesus eats with tax collectors and sinners!

- How is it possible to ask such stupid questions?

- The answer is in Jesus’ life, you open your eyes and you shut your mouth!

- That’s why God looked for faithful leaders through experience and hard life!

- First of all, we are all sinners, So!

- Think about what people are doing on talkjesus.com!

- Jesus came on earth to help all kinds of people, so!

- What is the Bible? IS IT NOT A HUGE TABLE FOR SINNERS?

JLG

8) Jesus vs the religious leaders

Luke 5:

- Jesus is asked why his disciples don’t fast!

- He answers them the friends of the bridegroom can’t fast while the bridegroom is with them!

- But when he will be taken away from them then they will fast!

- They know nothing and they always ask Jesus but they don’t understand!

- Jesus patiently answers them!

- People follow Jesus because he teaches them and they can learn something from him!

JLG

9) Jesus vs the religious leaders

Luke 6: At this some of the Pharisees say: “Why are you doing what is not lawful on the sabbath?”

- Insensible

- Superficial

- Only looking for the appearances

- Unable to put oneself in question

- Senile in their brain

- Unable to evolve

- Limited

- No perspective

- mentally dead

JLG

So tell me JLG,What are people doing in WCF?

What are you doing on WCF?

I can't answer for what anyone else is doing here but I can only answer for myself" I'm going about my Heavenly Father's Business-" He Still Sits on the Throne, everything is His,He is in Control - this is His WCF! Glory to God- Forever& Ever!

- My answer :

- A christian is supposed to learn and tell about God’s Word!

- Thus that’s what I am doing on WCF and what people should be doing on it!

- To make it alive it and make our faith alive we need to share it!

- Our knowledge must grow!

- When we speak, it doesn’t matter if it is right or wrong, we all make mistakes!

- It helps people think and check by themselves!

- It is not possible to only hear!

- We need to listen carefully!

- It means we have to check and read the Bible!

- Then we can understand or improve our understanding!

- And we must spend time doing it and we must do it regularly!

- If we don’t eat spiritual food regularly, our faith won’t survive!

- It will disappear gradually!

- Or when we get into any kind of trouble, it goes away all at once!

JLG

NO! It is not in the "blood" of every Jew.

It's in the heart of every man and woman on the planet.

Rebellion, disobedience.

Why are you singling out Jews?

- My answer:

- Of course, it is an image!

- Otherwise how would it be possible to have special ones or precious one in the Bible?

- Of course, humanity is not better!

- Think about the flood!

- No, it’s not in the heart of every man or woman in the planet!

- Otherwise how would it be possible to have special ones or precious ones in the Bible?

- I’m not singling out Jews!

- There is no difference with humanity!

- It is just for those who still think that the Israelites or the Jews are a chosen people!

- They haven’t read the Bible or they have a strange way to read it!

- I am only speaking of the Bible, nothing else!

JLG

So then by your comment" think about what people are doing on WCF," you are saying we are doing what we are supposed to be doing.... Correct?

- My answer:

- By learning and telling about God’s Word!

- Of course, we need to live according to what we learn and tell!

- Otherwise it doesn’t work!

- If we don’t obey God’s commandments, it doesn’t work!

- But that’s what Jesus says about the Pharisees!

- They tell people what to do but they don’t do it!

- So if what you say doesn’t reflect what you do, it doesn’t work!

- It’s like shouting into the wind or talking to the void or talking to the air!

- I don’t know what the best expression is depending on the country!

JLG

10) Jesus vs the religious leaders

Luke 6: The scribes and the Pharisees are now watching Jesus closely to see whether he will cure on the sabbath, in order to find some way to accuse him.

- Jesus has no time to lose but apparently the religious leaders have nothing to do and plenty of time to lose: once again the choice is clear, according to whom you choose, you show what you are looking for! So the religious leaders are not the only one to be guilty but also those who decide to follow them! It’s up to us to make the right decision!

JLG

11) Jesus vs the religious leaders

Luke 6: A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly instructed will be like his teacher.

- Jesus taught his disciples and the apostles and when he died they replaced him which shows they were perfectly instructed.

- We can’t say the same with the religious leaders, on the contrary!

JLG

John 10:33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.” NIV

- My answer:

- There is always a mountain with what Jesus says and what the Jews say!

- The Jews are used to taking their dreams for reality!

- How is it possible to imagine what they say is right when Jesus says the contrary?

- Or it means Jesus is a liar!

- If he says he is God's son he means he is God's son!

- If he says he is God's son, he doesn't say he is God!

- The liars are the Jews not Jesus!

JLG

12) Jesus vs the religious leaders

Luke 6:

- Jesus compares the one who hears and does nothing to a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The river dashed against it, and immediately it collapsed, and the ruin of that house was great.

- Too many examples in the Bible show us that the religious leaders build their house without foundation and their teachings lead nowhere, only on the wrong way!

- When we really listen to Jesus, we want to build our house with foundation and follow his way not their way!

- Once again, it’s up to us, we must make the right choice and know why we do it !

- When our house is in ruin, it’s too late!

- It is important to make the right choice on time!

JLG

I thought it important to note that luke never ment Jesus. He was sorta a a investigated reporter.
He finds out the story of Christ remains the same some years later.
Giving relevance that by the testimony of others he becomes a believer and joins Paul (saul) in his endeavors.
To me this is so remarkable. So powerful. It shows that our testimony is critical to the gospel of Christ.”

- My answer:

- Yes, the expression of "investigated reporter" is quite meaningful!

- Yes, "remarkable and powerful", you are definitely right!

Luke 1:1-4:

- Taking into account the fact that many had undertaken an account of the facts about Jesus, Luke traced all things from the start with accuracy and wrote his gospel in logical order so that people may know fully the certainty of the things that they have been taught orally.

- Luke tells us about his work “I have traced”, “with accuracy”, “in logical order”!

-We don’t know the time he used to do it but we can imagine it takes a lot of timeto do it and thus he is a good example of what we have to do to study the Bible!

JLG

13) Jesus vs the religious leaders

Luke 7:

- John the baptist sends two of his disciples to ask Jesus if he is the Messiah!

- They can see Jesus curing people and doing many miracles and teaching about God’s Kingdom!

- And Jesus tells them to tell what they have just seen!

- Action is better than words!

- When what we say corresponds with what we do, it is more powerful than anything!

- Jesus doesn’t answer directly to John but he tells him about his miracles and his teaching! Isn’t it the best answer?

- John the Baptist understands perfectly well and he rejoices!

- But not the religious leaders: where is the mistake?

- They understand but they don’t care because it is against their own interests!

- Jesus looks for his Father’s interests, they don’t!

- So we must be careful not to serve the religious leaders’ interests instead of God’s interests!

JLG

14) Jesus vs the religious leaders

Luke 7:

- People declare God to be righteous, for they have been baptized with the baptism of John. But the Pharisees and those versed in the Law disregard the counsel of God to them, since they have not been baptized by him!

- There is a big difference between ordinary people and the religious leaders!

- Humility vs Pride!

- In fact, the religious leaders don’t care about God!

- They prefer looking for their own interests!

- How can they really help ordinary people?