• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

looking for Jesus according to John

JLG

1) Jesus vs the religious leaders

John 2: Jesus goes to Jerusalem for the Passover. In the temple merchants are selling animals to make sacrifices and there are also money brokers. With a whip Jesus drives them out of the temple.

- Corruption everywhere!

- Everything was normal!

- Turning God’s word upside down!

- And Jesus has to do that! And the religious leaders haven’t done anything!

- What about today?

- What do you think he will do when he comes back because he will find the same situation?

Loyal
1) Jesus vs the religious leaders

John 2: Jesus goes to Jerusalem for the Passover. In the temple merchants are selling animals to make sacrifices and there are also money brokers. With a whip Jesus drives them out of the temple.

- Corruption everywhere!

- Everything was normal!

- Turning God’s word upside down!

- And Jesus has to do that! And the religious leaders haven’t done anything!

- What about today?

- What do you think he will do when he comes back because he will find the same situation?
What may you think for "GOD" The Creator of everything that has been created , goes to "Jerusalem" ? Do you really think, GOD has to go somewhere to see or attend anything. What is going on? Does he has to enter the temple to turn over tables? does he has to drive them out with a whip?

and what about today? " Is He not, "IMMUTABLE" ? He does what ever He pleases, he answers to no man, neither has he, have to tell anyone what he is doing.

your quote:
"What do you think he will do when he comes back because he will find the same situation?"

reply:
He will do, like he said he would do. For did HE not, declare The Beginning to The END and All that will take place in between, Was it not Declared and Ordain before Time or The Future existed ? What all will come to be.

Do you not believe what "HE" has said?

ISAIAH 46

"Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:"

Last edited:

JLG

He will do, like he said he would do. For did HE not, declare The Beginning to The END and All that will take place in between, Was it not Declared and Ordain before Time or The Future existed ? What all will come to be.
- What about Revelation 19 : 11-16 !

- We are told about a white horse and its rider is called Faithful and true !

- He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood !

- His name is The Word of God !

- He is followed by the armies of heaven !

- And he will strike the nations !

- And he will rule them !

- And he treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God, the Almighty !

- He has a name written on his robe and on his thigh : King of kings and Lord of lords !

JLG

Greek

Then
Καὶ (Kai)
Conjunction
Strong's 2532: And, even, also, namely.

I saw
εἶδον (eidon)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular
Strong's 3708: Properly, to stare at, i.e. to discern clearly; by extension, to attend to; by Hebraism, to experience; passively, to appear.

heaven
οὐρανὸν (ouranon)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3772: Perhaps from the same as oros; the sky; by extension, heaven; by implication, happiness, power, eternity; specially, the Gospel.

standing open,
ἠνεῳγμένον (ēneōgmenon)
Verb - Perfect Participle Middle or Passive - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 455: To open. From ana and oigo; to open up.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

there before me was
ἰδοὺ (idou)
Verb - Aorist Imperative Active - 2nd Person Singular
Strong's 2400: See! Lo! Behold! Look! Second person singular imperative middle voice of eido; used as imperative lo!

a white
λευκός (leukos)
Adjective - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3022: White, bright, brilliant. From luke; white.

horse.
ἵππος (hippos)
Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2462: A horse. Of uncertain affinity; a horse.

And
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

its rider
ὁ (ho)
Article - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

is called
καλούμενος (kaloumenos)
Verb - Present Participle Middle or Passive - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2564: (a) I call, summon, invite, (b) I call, name. Akin to the base of keleuo; to 'call'.

Faithful
Πιστὸς (Pistos)
Strong's 4103: Trustworthy, faithful, believing. From peitho; objectively, trustworthy; subjectively, trustful.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

True.
Ἀληθινός (Alēthinos)
Strong's 228: True (lit: made of truth), real, genuine. From alethes; truthful.

With
ἐν (en)
Preposition
Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

righteousness
δικαιοσύνῃ (dikaiosynē)
Noun - Dative Feminine Singular
Strong's 1343: From dikaios; equity; specially justification.

He judges
κρίνει (krinei)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 2919: Properly, to distinguish, i.e. Decide; by implication, to try, condemn, punish.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

wages war.
πολεμεῖ (polemei)
Strong's 4170: To make war, contend, fight, battle. From polemos; to be in warfare, i.e. To battle: -fight, war.

JLG

Greek

He [has]
αὐτοῦ (autou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive Masculine 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

eyes
ὀφθαλμοὶ (ophthalmoi)
Noun - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's 3788: The eye; fig: the mind's eye. From optanomai; the eye; by implication, vision; figuratively, envy.

ὡς (hōs)
Conjunction
Strong's 5613: Probably adverb of comparative from hos; which how, i.e. In that manner.

blazing
φλὸξ (phlox)
Noun - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 5395: A flame. From a primary phlego; a blaze.

fire,
πυρός (pyros)
Noun - Genitive Neuter Singular
Strong's 4442: Fire; the heat of the sun, lightning; fig: strife, trials; the eternal fire. A primary word; 'fire'.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

many
πολλά (polla)
Adjective - Nominative Neuter Plural
Strong's 4183: Much, many; often.

royal crowns
διαδήματα (diadēmata)
Noun - Nominative Neuter Plural
Strong's 1238: A head-wreath, crown, diadem. From a compound of dia and deo; a 'diadem'.

on
ἐπὶ (epi)
Preposition
Strong's 1909: On, to, against, on the basis of, at.

His
αὐτοῦ (autou)
Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

head.
κεφαλὴν (kephalēn)
Noun - Accusative Feminine Singular
Strong's 2776: From the primary kapto; the head, literally or figuratively.

He has
ἔχων (echōn)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2192: To have, hold, possess. Including an alternate form scheo skheh'-o; a primary verb; to hold.

a name
ὄνομα (onoma)
Noun - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's 3686: Name, character, fame, reputation. From a presumed derivative of the base of ginosko; a 'name'.

written [on Him]
γεγραμμένον (gegrammenon)
Verb - Perfect Participle Middle or Passive - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's 1125: A primary verb; to 'grave', especially to write; figuratively, to describe.

that
ὃ (ho)
Personal / Relative Pronoun - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's 3739: Who, which, what, that.

only
οὐδεὶς (oudeis)
Strong's 3762: No one, none, nothing.

He Himself
αὐτός (autos)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative Masculine 3rd Person Singular

knows.
οἶδεν (oiden)
Verb - Perfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 1492: To know, remember, appreciate.

JLG

Greek

He is dressed in
περιβεβλημένος (peribeblēmenos)
Verb - Perfect Participle Middle or Passive - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 4016: From peri and ballo; to throw all around, i.e. Invest.

a robe
ἱμάτιον (himation)
Strong's 2440: A long flowing outer garment, tunic. Neuter of a presumed derivative of ennumi; a dress.

dipped
βεβαμμένον (bebammenon)
Strong's 911: (a) I dip, (b) I dye.

in blood,
αἵματι (haimati)
Noun - Dative Neuter Singular
Strong's 129: Blood, literally, figuratively or specially; by implication, bloodshed, also kindred.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

His
αὐτοῦ (autou)

name is
ὄνομα (onoma)
Noun - Nominative Neuter Singular
Strong's 3686: Name, character, fame, reputation. From a presumed derivative of the base of ginosko; a 'name'.

The
Ὁ (HO)
Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

Word
Λόγος (Logos)
Strong's 3056: From lego; something said; by implication, a topic, also reasoning or motive; by extension, a computation; specially, the Divine Expression.

of God.
Θεοῦ (Theou)
Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular
Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

JLG

Greek

The
τὰ (ta)
Article - Nominative Neuter Plural

armies
στρατεύματα (strateumata)
Noun - Nominative Neuter Plural
Strong's 4753: An army, detachment of troops. From strateuomai; an armament, i.e. a body of troops.

of
τὰ (ta)
Article - Nominative Neuter Plural

heaven,
οὐρανῷ (ouranō)
Noun - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3772: Perhaps from the same as oros; the sky; by extension, heaven; by implication, happiness, power, eternity; specially, the Gospel.

dressed in
ἐνδεδυμένοι (endedymenoi)
Verb - Perfect Participle Middle - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's 1746: To put on, clothe (another). From en and duno; to invest with clothing.

fine linen,
βύσσινον (byssinon)
Adjective - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's 1039: Of fine linen, cotton. From bussos; made of linen.

white
λευκὸν (leukon)

[and] pure,
καθαρόν (katharon)
Strong's 2513: Clean.

follow
ἠκολούθει (ēkolouthei)
Verb - Imperfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 190: To accompany, attend, follow. Properly, to be in the same way with, i.e. To accompany.

Him
αὐτῷ (autō)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Masculine 3rd Person Singular

on
ἐφ’ (eph’)
Preposition

white
λευκοῖς (leukois)
Adjective - Dative Masculine Plural

horses.
ἵπποις (hippois)
Noun - Dative Masculine Plural
Strong's 2462: A horse. Of uncertain affinity; a horse.

JLG

Greek

And
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

from
ἐκ (ek)
Preposition
Strong's 1537: From out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards. A primary preposition denoting origin, from, out.

His
αὐτοῦ (autou)

mouth
στόματος (stomatos)
Noun - Genitive Neuter Singular
Strong's 4750: The mouth, speech, eloquence in speech, the point of a sword.

proceeds
ἐκπορεύεται (ekporeuetai)
Verb - Present Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 1607: From ek and poreuomai; to depart, be discharged, proceed, project.

a sharp
ὀξεῖα (oxeia)
Adjective - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 3691: (a) sharp, (b) swift, eager. Probably akin to the base of akmen; keen; by analogy, rapid.

sword
ῥομφαία (rhomphaia)
Noun - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 4501: A sword, scimitar; fig: war, piercing grief. Probably of foreign origin; a sabre, i.e. A long and broad cutlass.

with
ἐν (en)
Preposition
Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

[which]
αὐτῇ (autē)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Feminine 3rd Person Singular

to strike down
πατάξῃ (pataxē)
Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 3960: To smite, strike (as with a sword), smite to death, afflict. Probably prolongation from paio; to knock.

the
τὰ (ta)
Article - Accusative Neuter Plural

nations,
ἔθνη (ethnē)
Noun - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's 1484: Probably from etho; a race, i.e. A tribe; specially, a foreign one.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

He
αὐτὸς (autos)

will rule
ποιμανεῖ (poimanei)
Verb - Future Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 4165: To shepherd, tend, herd; hence: I rule, govern. From poimen; to tend as a shepherd of.

them
αὐτοὺς (autous)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Masculine 3rd Person Plural

with
ἐν (en)
Preposition

an iron
σιδηρᾷ (sidēra)
Adjective - Dative Feminine Singular
Strong's 4603: Made of iron. From sideros; made of iron.

scepter.
ῥάβδῳ (rhabdō)
Noun - Dative Feminine Singular
Strong's 4464: A rod, staff, staff of authority, scepter. From the base of rhapizo; a stick or wand.

He
αὐτὸς (autos)

treads
πατεῖ (patei)
Strong's 3961: To tread, trample upon. From a derivative probably of paio; to trample.

the
τὴν (tēn)
Article - Accusative Feminine Singular

winepress
ληνὸν (lēnon)
Noun - Accusative Feminine Singular
Strong's 3025: A trough, vat, winepress. Apparently a primary word; a trough, i.e. Wine-vat.

of the
τοῦ (tou)
Article - Genitive Masculine Singular

fury
θυμοῦ (thymou)
Strong's 2372: An outburst of passion, wrath. From thuo; passion.

of the
τῆς (tēs)
Article - Genitive Feminine Singular

wrath
ὀργῆς (orgēs)
Noun - Genitive Feminine Singular
Strong's 3709: From oregomai; properly, desire, i.e., violent passion (justifiable) abhorrence); by implication punishment.

of God,
Θεοῦ (Theou)
Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

the
τοῦ (tou)
Article - Genitive Masculine Singular

Almighty.
Παντοκράτορος (Pantokratoros)
Strong's 3841: Ruler of all, ruler of the universe, the almighty. From pas and kratos; the all-ruling, i.e. God.

JLG

Greek

And
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

He has
ἔχει (echei)
Strong's 2192: To have, hold, possess. Including an alternate form scheo skheh'-o; a primary verb; to hold.

a name
ὄνομα (onoma)

written
γεγραμμένον (gegrammenon)
Strong's 1125: A primary verb; to 'grave', especially to write; figuratively, to describe.

on
ἐπὶ (epi)
Preposition

[His]
τὸ (to)
Article - Accusative Neuter Singular

robe
ἱμάτιον (himation)
Strong's 2440: A long flowing outer garment, tunic. Neuter of a presumed derivative of ennumi; a dress.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

on
ἐπὶ (epi)
Preposition

His
αὐτοῦ (autou)

thigh:
μηρὸν (mēron)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3382: The thigh. Perhaps a primary word; a thigh.

King
ΒΑΣΙΛΕΥΣ (BASILEUS)
Strong's 935: A king, ruler, but in some passages clearly to be translated: emperor. Probably from basis; a sovereign.

of kings
ΒΑΣΙΛΕΩΝ (BASILEŌN)
Noun - Genitive Masculine Plural
Strong's 935: A king, ruler, but in some passages clearly to be translated: emperor. Probably from basis; a sovereign.

and
ΚΑΙ (KAI)
Conjunction

Lord
ΚΥΡΙΟΣ (KYRIOS)
Strong's 2962: Lord, master, sir; the Lord. From kuros; supreme in authority, i.e. controller; by implication, Master.

of lords.
ΚΥΡΙΩΝ (KYRIŌN)
Noun - Genitive Masculine Plural
Strong's 2962: Lord, master, sir; the Lord. From kuros; supreme in authority, i.e. controller; by implication, Master.

Loyal

- He has a name written on his robe and on his thigh : King of kings and Lord of lords !
What is "REVELATION"? A REVELATION about what?

Loyal

i know what the bible says; i have read that materials over a 1000 times in over 44 years! So what are showing me? it might be new to you. Meaning no harm. But it is OLD! Ancient of Days, I know more about what you are showing than you know about yourself! The dust on my library greek and Hebrew lexicons my be older than you, in Christ. I know I got bibles older than you, clear back in 15 16 century and the marks i put in them are older than your introduction to what you received about yourselves that was establish before all Creation about you before the STARS and THE SUN EXISTED , even the air you breathe. I know you think, i am not telling you the truth. Jonathan Edwards went to Yale at the age 13. Then we cannot forget "Thomas Aquinas" was a pup, when he went to university, And G. Campell Morgan, Let along Charles Spurgeon. but I do understand the excitement of new converts, and the things that you have discovered and the the thrills of the excitement of the unveiling, of "The Christ of GOD" so my friend, bathe in it as much as you want, and enjoy! And I think it is a honor and a sure pleasure, that you are delighted to copy and print stick His Word.

And so do I wish "Millions' more, would take the path, that you have.

So don't mind me, if i seem to pull your string. i mean you no harm. just 'Squeezing the grape a bit to and see, what kind of flavor and the aroma , that is coming from the vine.:relieved:

welcome, To" TalkJesus"

PloughBoy.

JLG

i know what the bible says; i have read that materials over a 1000 times in over 44 years! So what are showing me? it might be new to you. Meaning no harm. But it is OLD! Ancient of Days, I know more about what you are showing than you know about yourself! The dust on my library greek and Hebrew lexicons my be older than you, in Christ. I know I got bibles older than you, clear back in 15 16 century and the marks i put in them are older than your introduction to what you received about yourselves that was establish before all Creation about you before the STARS and THE SUN EXISTED , even the air you breathe. I know you think, i am not telling you the truth. Jonathan Edwards went to Yale at the age 13. Then we cannot forget "Thomas Aquinas" was a pup, when he went to university, And G. Campell Morgan, Let along Charles Spurgeon. but I do understand the excitement of new converts, and the things that you have discovered and the the thrills of the excitement of the unveiling, of "The Christ of GOD" so my friend, bathe in it as much as you want, and enjoy! And I think it is a honor and a sure pleasure, that you are delighted to copy and print stick His Word.

And so do I wish "Millions' more, would take the path, that you have.

So don't mind me, if i seem to pull your string. i mean you no harm. just 'Squeezing the grape a bit to and see, what kind of flavor and the aroma , that is coming from the vine.:relieved:

welcome, To" TalkJesus"

PloughBoy.
- Ok so what do you think of John 10:30?

- Greek lexicon!

Biblehub John 10:30

Greek
I
ἐγὼ (egō)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative 1st Person Singular
Strong's 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

the
ὁ (ho)

Father
Πατὴρ (Patēr)
Strong's 3962: Father, (Heavenly) Father, ancestor, elder, senior. Apparently a primary word; a 'father'.

are
ἐσμεν (esmen)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 1st Person Plural
Strong's 1510: I am, exist. The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist.

one.”
ἕν (hen)
Adjective - Nominative Neuter Singular
Strong's 1520: One. (including the neuter Hen); a primary numeral; one.

Loyal
- Ok so what do you think of John 10:30?

- Greek lexicon!

Biblehub John 10:30

Greek
I
ἐγὼ (egō)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative 1st Person Singular
Strong's 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

the
ὁ (ho)

Father
Πατὴρ (Patēr)
Strong's 3962: Father, (Heavenly) Father, ancestor, elder, senior. Apparently a primary word; a 'father'.

are
ἐσμεν (esmen)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 1st Person Plural
Strong's 1510: I am, exist. The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist.

one.”
ἕν (hen)
Adjective - Nominative Neuter Singular
Strong's 1520: One. (including the neuter Hen); a primary numeral; one.
Really, to be Truth online lexicons are nothing but for "Dime Story Cowboys" they are nothing but a thrill of elating the mines of late comers. They come up short, partial information and full of antics. I would refer you not even bring such things into my view, You can never get the flavor of the Greek text with a internet copy of the Lexicon alone.

There is a order to all things and that means , especially The Biblical text at large. In which there is a most excellent way. of "Biblical Hermeneutics" especially the Definition of Greek or Hebrew arrangement of Theological Words concerning The Related text at hand. Many do not care or considering taking out the time in patience to learn the proper way. It has become a "Burger King World" "Have your way".

1. 1. learn the Greek and Hebrew Alphabets
2. 2. a earlier copy"s of "KJV" Oxford edition, "ASV" pre- 1967 copyright, and a "NIV" pre-1984 preferring "Thompson Chain Reference Study Bible".
[used].
3. 3 Vines Dictionary of New testament words Greek only. early copy pre- 1984 [used]
4. 4. Young's Analytical Concordance to the Bible [used]
5. 5. Strongs Concordance, {used] pre 1984
6. 6. Englishman Greek concordance"KJV"
7. 7. Englishman Hebrew concordance "KJV"
8. 8. Unabridged Dictionary of english words
9. 9. a Set of "International Standard Bible Encyclopedia' [used] known as "ISBE".
10. 10. A copy of "Brown-Diver- Briggs, Hebrew - english Lexicon. {used]
11. 11. A copy of 'Thayer's Greek- english Lexicon of New TESTAMENT WORDS.[used].

Now this is The Elementary START, Kindergarten Syllabus for your beginning in order to precede to enter them in a most excellent way.
You must learn how to use these tools it is a order to them. you just don't pick up and read. {they all will comment only on the meaning of that is in that text, ALONE! Not a common definition of a greek word. all of those books! and if you learn how to used those books together you can translate the "Textus Receptus" yourself. { and what is all of this? You are learning how to read The Bible the proper way. it does not mean if you don't you will not have the knowledge of GOD.. People really have just learn how to read with in the last century. and now their learning is backwards. if we did'nt have cell phones and the internet our children would be "Illiterates"!

[Just like when i was growing up, it was like a crime for boys to read comic books, you get in trouble for reading a comic book in school and get spanked!

So they threw our comic books in the trash can, and the boys stop reading and became "Illiterate" and so now, the rich make "MILLIONS" from the 10 cents Comic Book they stop us from reading and they threw them in the trash can! Comic Books from "Moses, Samson, Bible heroes, to CALAMITY JANE AND ONWARD TO Superman and Batman.:relieved:]

The order all of these books ties into one another and it leads you. where you are suppose to go and the flavor of the text it was written within the Bible.

So when you want a meaning of a word written in that text. it is going to a take you a few hours to get the common meaning of that word. and maybe 2 days and even a week sometimes.
Biblical words are not like common words you just look up in a dictionary or a lexicon then, give the meaning. God words are not like that! But who is the Prince of this World? And all of the kingdoms here? he rules the dictionaries kingdom too and The lexicons.:relieved:

So what am i really saying, you are better off to give your own definition of the text in question, if you are empowered by The SPIRIT of THE LIVING GOD, than go to a online group of words defining what the word means instead of the thought of The biblical text that is in "question"!

I rather have your thoughts as a Child of The LIVING GOD than what you have copied and post and presented to my eyes. as if it is "TRUTH" with me! "That DOG Ain't going to Hunt" with many others it will, but "regurgitation" does not set with me. i know better.

I do not use lexicons any more. and stop doing that years ago. i don need them, i understand the text and how the text and translations are wrote and for what purpose, what book, and each characters, and why GOD put them in a story, and how HE wrote them in. Now that, thrills me! The Bible is about How GOD deals with people, Religion is how people views God. And the peoples views is always, messed up! from "GENESIS to THE END of REVELATION"

PlougBoy

JLG

Really, to be Truth online lexicons are nothing but for "Dime Story Cowboys" they are nothing but a thrill of elating the mines of late comers. They come up short, partial information and full of antics. I would refer you not even bring such things into my view, You can never get the flavor of the Greek text with a internet copy of the Lexicon alone.

There is a order to all things and that means , especially The Biblical text at large. In which there is a most excellent way. of "Biblical Hermeneutics" especially the Definition of Greek or Hebrew arrangement of Theological Words concerning The Related text at hand. Many do not care or considering taking out the time in patience to learn the proper way. It has become a "Burger King World" "Have your way".

1. 1. learn the Greek and Hebrew Alphabets
2. 2. a earlier copy"s of "KJV" Oxford edition, "ASV" pre- 1967 copyright, and a "NIV" pre-1984 preferring "Thompson Chain Reference Study Bible".
[used].
3. 3 Vines Dictionary of New testament words Greek only. early copy pre- 1984 [used]
4. 4. Young's Analytical Concordance to the Bible [used]
5. 5. Strongs Concordance, {used] pre 1984
6. 6. Englishman Greek concordance"KJV"
7. 7. Englishman Hebrew concordance "KJV"
8. 8. Unabridged Dictionary of english words
9. 9. a Set of "International Standard Bible Encyclopedia' [used] known as "ISBE".
10. 10. A copy of "Brown-Diver- Briggs, Hebrew - english Lexicon. {used]
11. 11. A copy of 'Thayer's Greek- english Lexicon of New TESTAMENT WORDS.[used].

Now this is The Elementary START, Kindergarten Syllabus for your beginning in order to precede to enter them in a most excellent way.
You must learn how to use these tools it is a order to them. you just don't pick up and read. {they all will comment only on the meaning of that is in that text, ALONE! Not a common definition of a greek word. all of those books! and if you learn how to used those books together you can translate the "Textus Receptus" yourself. { and what is all of this? You are learning how to read The Bible the proper way. it does not mean if you don't you will not have the knowledge of GOD.. People really have just learn how to read with in the last century. and now their learning is backwards. if we did'nt have cell phones and the internet our children would be "Illiterates"!

[Just like when i was growing up, it was like a crime for boys to read comic books, you get in trouble for reading a comic book in school and get spanked!

So they threw our comic books in the trash can, and the boys stop reading and became "Illiterate" and so now, the rich make "MILLIONS" from the 10 cents Comic Book they stop us from reading and they threw them in the trash can! Comic Books from "Moses, Samson, Bible heroes, to CALAMITY JANE AND ONWARD TO Superman and Batman.:relieved:]

The order all of these books ties into one another and it leads you. where you are suppose to go and the flavor of the text it was written within the Bible.

So when you want a meaning of a word written in that text. it is going to a take you a few hours to get the common meaning of that word. and maybe 2 days and even a week sometimes.
Biblical words are not like common words you just look up in a dictionary or a lexicon then, give the meaning. God words are not like that! But who is the Prince of this World? And all of the kingdoms here? he rules the dictionaries kingdom too and The lexicons.:relieved:

So what am i really saying, you are better off to give your own definition of the text in question, if you are empowered by The SPIRIT of THE LIVING GOD, than go to a online group of words defining what the word means instead of the thought of The biblical text that is in "question"!

I rather have your thoughts as a Child of The LIVING GOD than what you have copied and post and presented to my eyes. as if it is "TRUTH" with me! "That DOG Ain't going to Hunt" with many others it will, but "regurgitation" does not set with me. i know better.

I do not use lexicons any more. and stop doing that years ago. i don need them, i understand the text and how the text and translations are wrote and for what purpose, what book, and each characters, and why GOD put them in a story, and how HE wrote them in. Now that, thrills me! The Bible is about How GOD deals with people, Religion is how people views God. And the peoples views is always, messed up! from "GENESIS to THE END of REVELATION"

PlougBoy
- Ok so going back to John 10:30: I and the Father are one in Ancient Greek hen!

- Now if we go to 1 Corinthians 3:8 we read: He who plants and he who waters are one in Ancient Greek hen!

- IF WE LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL TEXT, YOU CAN'T ESCAPE IN BOTH CASES THE TEXT USES THE SAME EXPRESSION AND IT ONLY MEANS UNITY NOTHING MORE!

Loyal
- Ok so going back to John 10:30: I and the Father are one in Ancient Greek hen!

- Now if we go to 1 Corinthians 3:8 we read: He who plants and he who waters are one in Ancient Greek hen!

- IF WE LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL TEXT, YOU CAN'T ESCAPE IN BOTH CASES THE TEXT USES THE SAME EXPRESSION AND IT ONLY MEANS UNITY NOTHING MORE!
Ok, i am going to make this plain, i am old now, I ain't into "Biblical Apologetics" neither "Critical Criticism". I been on this journey for over 44 years and don't mean the studies of "christianity" or "Religious studies". But my form of Studies through all of these years without any delay, has been: "THEOLOGY PROPER". and for a very long time, "what ever the "Holy Scriptures" [The Original Copied Manuscript} says; Is Truth, and it is not up to debate. whether we understands it or not. for understanding is in GOD's hand. We just Trust in what it says, and let GOD himself reveal its meaning to us in time of need.

There is one meaning of "The WORD of GOD" one 'interpretation" of GOD's intent. "But man, have develop and sort out many "avenues" within the text, they have chosen, to express what GOD is trying to convey to His Children in their common language that they understands and not The Language of the Children of this World. And I believe that GOD knows how to convey His message to His Children with out a aid, in this day and age. and he is "Capable to speak and relay to the most ignorant of His own, what he wants them to know,

So let us who knows, keep it moving. far beyond the natural and that which is earthly beyond humanity that will pass alway and all of its knowledge will too!

Now, Ain' t that "Good NEWS" According to Jesus Christ our LORD and Not theirs.

King James Bible
"Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus".

My grandmothers who could not read of write, both of them, Had more "THEOLOGY" in their "elbow' than The Professors and Presidents of "Yale, Harvard, and Union Theological Seminary than they had in their heads. And i am witness!

So my mind is not here, concerning "debates" concerning the text and my opinion, what ever it says, is the TRUTH and it does not need my opinion. Because I know this was a "command":eyes:

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Summary:

Putting on the New Self
1Therefore, since you have been raised with Christ, strive for the things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. 2Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.3For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.…

Shalom
PloughBoy

JLG

2) Jesus vs the religious leaders

John 3: Nicodemus, a Pharisee, a ruler of the Jews, comes to Jesus at night and he tells him they know he comes from God because of the signs he performs!

- Is that religious leaders know what they want to know and don’t what they don’t want to?

- They know who Jesus is right at the beginning!

- Nicodemus doesn’t want the other Pharisees to know he comes to see Jesus!

- He is afraid of the other Pharisees!

- LIGHT VS DARKNESS

Loyal
2) Jesus vs the religious leaders

John 3: Nicodemus, a Pharisee, a ruler of the Jews, comes to Jesus at night and he tells him they know he comes from God because of the signs he performs!

- Is that religious leaders know what they want to know and don’t what they don’t want to?

- He is afraid of the other Pharisees!

- LIGHT VS DARKNESS
No they didn't really knew who he was.

Your quote:

King James Bible
Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

your quote:

But who went for his body after Jesus died: His Disciples, where were they?

The Burial of Jesus
38Afterward, Joseph of Arimathea, who was a disciple of Jesus (but secretly for fear of the Jews), asked Pilate to let him remove the body of Jesus. Pilate gave him permission, so he came and removed His body. 39 Nicodemus,who had previously come to Jesus at night, alsobrought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, aboutseventy-five pounds. 40So they took the body of Jesus and wrapped it in linen cloths with the spices, according to the Jewish burial custom.

JLG

- Of course, they knew because of his miracles as Nicodemus says but he was afraid of the others!

- But they wanted a Messiah who could free them from Rome!

- Remember when they tried to make him king!

Who Were the Religious Leaders of Jesus's Day?​

Written By Doug Reed

Jesus's greatest opponent was not the greatest sinners of His day but the religious establishment.​