- John and his brother James were characterized by zeal, passion and ambition!
- In his early days with Jesus, at times John acted rashly, recklessly, impetuously, and aggressively!
- In spite of these youthful expressions of misdirected passion, John aged well!
- He began to understand the need for humility in those who desired to be great!
- John’s is the only gospel that records Jesus washing the disciples’ feet!
- John was passionately devoted to the proclamation of truth!
- No one in Scripture, except Jesus, had more to say about the concept of truth!
- At the same time, John is also called the “apostle of love”!
- In his own gospel, he refers to himself as “the one whom Jesus loved”!
- If you think like today’s people, you will never understand the Bible!
- They used to write differently!
- They used to speak differently!
- They used to think differently!
- They used to act differently!