• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Looking for Contact/Fellowship with Christians

Merry meet, my name is Philip ShadowFire, thanks for having me, I am a full practicing witch that desires to have contact with Christians for fellowship/friendship, I would be honored to have you for a friend. I know my background may not seem compatible with Christianity, but I assure you I have no issues with Christ or the God we serve. If there are any new people on this site that were from the Wicca or Pagan religion that recently converted to Christianity and are having trouble adjusting to a Christian life I would love to hear from you and help you out in any way I can. Thanks for having me I certainly appreciate it and will try to keep a low profile here other than to let everyone know I would be honored to help anyone that needs it!

Loyal
@Philip ShadowFire

Welcome to the forum. Your words sound good enough as words go, but what should you expect from us or us from you?

Specific references in the Old Testament [Deut 18:10, Ex 22:18] are clear enough to someone who believes that God never changes. What was insufferable to Him then is also now. This doesn't mean we cannot speak with you, but it does mean there can be no real fellowship if you are steadfast on what and where you are...

Give God the glory!

Loyal
I know of a one time friend who has turned away from the faith, because of his wiccan faith. And just to be clear on the matter, he despises people of faith and eventually even me because of my stand to be true to my faith, even though I was willing to be a friend to him despite his turning away from the Lord and from me. His was raised to believe on the Lord, but ran into bad witnesses of the Lord that soured him on faith altogether, assuming incorrectly that if some are wrong, the whole faith is wrong. We are not to have "faith" in the people of the church, but in Christ and God alone. He, my old friend used to say there was no incompatibility with Christianity and Wicca, because of where it says "You shall have no other God's before me.", and because of that, assumed that as long as God was first, you can worship others also. But if you read scriptures fully and not only to find what supports your position in your faith, you will see that having any other created beings as your focus of worship is offensive to God. When someone called Jesus a "good teacher" (to butter him up and attempt to manipulate him), He told them that God alone was good and to worship Him alone (which He is part of God, but He was answering to man's unspoken question about who is good enough to be considered to be adored).

Hello Brad, I am truly sorry you lost your friendship with your friend who turned to the Wicca faith, I am not sure why Christianity affects people of Wicca faith, but I do understand that most had some type of bad experience for them to walk away. I know it is sometime hard and hurtful when someone rejects you as a person and your faith, but if you ever have the opportunity to meet with that person again, show them the love that Jesus has for you. I think it is one of the most important things we can do as Christians to remember the love we have for one another and the love that God has for us a well. If I could offer any consolation I want you to know that I think your God is great and I am thankful you shared your thoughts with me regarding your friend and the God you serve!

Thanks for your response Amadeus2 I really appreciate it, I understand that there is nothing I can say to ease your mind about me, but I will say this: I'm grateful for the contact and offer my friendship to you unconditionally and with sincere intent. If there is anything I can do for you let me know and I will try to help out! Thanks and nice meeting you! :)

Loyal
Thanks for your response Amadeus2 I really appreciate it, I understand that there is nothing I can say to ease your mind about me, but I will say this: I'm grateful for the contact and offer my friendship to you unconditionally and with sincere intent. If there is anything I can do for you let me know and I will try to help out! Thanks and nice meeting you! :)

I am certainly not casting you out. I am simply saying that there is a definite limit as to how far we can go while you are where you are and I am where I am.

I met a man once many years ago now who had been according to him a devout practicing Christian, but he had been young both in his flesh as well as in his walk with God. It was his so-called fellow Christians who drove him away with their self-righteous judgments against him. He left and when I met him he was strong as a Wiccan. Before him I had never even heard of Wiccans.

I really wish I could say that every professed Christian was as Christ-like as God would want him to be, but alas I know it is not so. God really has provided the means through His Word and the Holy Spirit to approach Him always more closely, but quenching the Spirit of God is an all too common practice among Christians. I wish that I could honestly say that I had never quenched the Spirit since first I believed.

A witch can be used by God, but as we see in the example of King Saul of ancient Israel [I Samuel 28:1-25] there is no promise of salvation in the practice of witchcraft. Saul went that way because he could no longer hear God and no prophet of God could or would help him in his place of despair.

The other verses that I mentioned in my first post still speak of God's position on witches. In the New Testament, Galatians 5:19-21, witchcraft is again given as a basis for NOT inheriting the kingdom of God. Certain choices belong to every man while there is still time for him. No matter how "good" a person is as men see good, that may not be enough for God who is the only One that is "good" [Matt 19:17].

Administrator
Staff Member
Hi Phillip. Welcome to the forums!

I know my background may not seem compatible with Christianity, but I assure you I have no issues with Christ or the God we serve.

I'd like to make it clear that you cannot serve God/Jesus and partake in Wicca. Completely incompatible and Wicca involves demonic spirits, regardless of your indifference on that. I invite you to get to know Jesus on a personal level where you find full joy and contentment in Him alone.

Wicca is not from God, will not save you from eternal damnation as all of us deserve. Only Jesus can save you if you turn away from a sinful life.

All that My Father gives Me will come to Me; and the one who comes to Me I will most certainly not cast out [I will never, never reject anyone who follows Me]. - John 6:37

Wicca

Active
Hello Philip. Wow! A full practicing witch. Ok, so your devotion and lifestyle has Satan as your inspiration and is your master. Your friends are demons. What in the world are you doing on a Christian Forum. I see your introduction as a deception. I seriously doubt that you want fellowship. We Christians cannot fellowship with you because we can't yoke up with what God is against.

You have come to our Forum, and I'm ready to help you renounce satanic witchcraft, and come to Jesus Christ so that His Blood can wash that satanic influence away. You need your sins forgiven, and Jesus Christ, the Son of God shed His Blood on the altar of the cross to rid you of your sins.

If you are ready to renounce witchcraft and convert to Christianity, those who have already replied to you are more than qualified to lead you to the Christ of God. Your life is like a vapor, here today, dead tomorrow. At present, if you die as a witch, you will be cast along with your master Satan, in the lake of fire. I sincerely hope you convert before it's to late for you.

Staff Member
Merry meet, my name is Philip ShadowFire, thanks for having me, I am a full practicing witch that desires to have contact with Christians for fellowship/friendship, I would be honored to have you for a friend. I know my background may not seem compatible with Christianity, but I assure you I have no issues with Christ or the God we serve. If there are any new people on this site that were from the Wicca or Pagan religion that recently converted to Christianity and are having trouble adjusting to a Christian life I would love to hear from you and help you out in any way I can. Thanks for having me I certainly appreciate it and will try to keep a low profile here other than to let everyone know I would be honored to help anyone that needs it!

First I do welcome you to Talk Jesus Philip.
Because if you are open to hearing the Gospel and believing in Christ Jesus who died on the Cross for your sins, as my Brother Chopper has stated.
If you are ready to renounce witchcraft and convert to Christianity, those who have already replied to you are more than qualified to lead you to the Christ of God.

However, no matter how sincere you are in desiring to help those who like you want to reconcile Wiccan & Christianity as being compatible and able to coexist. I'm sorry that cannot and won't be allowed here at Talk Jesus. Why? Because they can't be. They are inherently contrary to each other. The thread that Chad posted provides Wiccan in a scope that may in part apply to you and in other parts not. I'll provide a general understanding of some other instances where Wiccan/Witchcraft and Christianity are shown to be incompatible.
  • Most Wiccans believe in some form of reincarnation. For witches, reincarnation is different from what a Buddhist or Hindu believes. Instead of endless "karma," witches view reincarnation as something positive that takes the soul upward in its advancement toward godhood. Christians do not believe there are additional chances to come back and keep advancing our soul to new levels. The Bible is very clear when it says we die only once and then we are judged (Hebrews 9:26-28; 2 Peter 2:9).
  • Wiccans believe they can influence reality through invoking invisible spirits and powers. They believe that magic is the craft of witchcraft. Using magic, witchcraft, or invisible spirits is detestable to God and something He will not tolerate (Deuteronomy 18:9-13; Isaiah 8:19)
  • The Wiccan view of salvation can be summed up with this statement: "We can open new eyes and see that there is nothing to be saved from; no struggle of life against the universe, no God outside the world to be feared and obeyed." Christians believe that we are all born with a spiritual terminal disease called sin that causes us to disobey God and go our own willful way. This causes us to be separated from God. The remedy was Christ's death on the cross (Romans 3:23; 6:23; Isaiah 59:2; 1 Timothy 2:5; 1 Peter 3:18).
  • Wiccans believe that experience is a more important revelation than any code of belief, and it's more important to reveal your own truth than to rely on doctrine. Christians believe that the most important revelation of truth is the Bible (Psalm 119:47, 72, 97; 2 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 4:12).
  • Wiccans worship the earth and creation. They recognize the divinity of nature and all living things. Christians believe in worshipping the Creator not the creation (Deuteronomy 4:39; Romans 1:25; Jude 25).
  • Wiccans believe that people have their own divine nature: "Thou art Goddess, thou art God." Christians believe that even though we are created in God's image, humanity is still sinful and fallen (Genesis 1:26-27; Romans 5:12). The Bible clearly teaches that all kinds of wickedness come from within a person not divinity (Jeremiah 17:9; Mark 7:14-23).
  • Wiccans do not believe that Jesus was God in the flesh or Creator of the universe. They view Jesus as "a great white witch who knew the Coven of Thirteen." The key principle that sets Christianity apart from any other religion is the belief that Jesus is God. One of the names for Jesus in the Bible is Immanuel-which means "God with us" (Matthew 1:21-23;John 1:1, 14, 18; 8:24; Philippians 2:5-6)
Steve Russo

So as you can see it is not that what you believe in joining two different beliefs as a suggested possibility. It's that one belief tells you "No" it is NOT possible! The history of Israel in the OT is full of instances where they attempted to mix/combine with other religions. They suffered for this greatly. Sadly, they never seemed to learn and repeated it many times. So as much as you believe that you would be helping those with questions. What you are truly presenting is an attempt to draw in those who are already or want to be in the "light" back into the "darkness" they came from or still reside in. (2 Corinthians 6:14)

So, if you have questions that might help you in setting aside a religion that can only provide you a false hope. To a Way that leads to life in Jesus Christ. Please stay and ask your questions and come to Jesus! Otherwise, we ask that you respect us, the beliefs that govern us and not seek to influence any here at Talk Jesus with your beliefs or you will be quickly banned.

Statement of Faith - Talk Jesus
Why Believe in Christianity

You may find it hard to believe, but we sincerely pray for your conversion and hope to one day call you my brother in Christ Jesus. Until that day!
With the Love of Christ Jesus, I welcome you Philip.
Nick
<><

Thanks for the welcome everyone and sorry for your concerns, I'm very grateful in being allowed to converse with you and looking forward to hearing all your stories and the blessed life you live. from my family to yours, may you all have a blessed day and a very merry Christmas Weekend! :)

Active
Thank you Phillip, I had a great Christmas with my family. I hope you had the same.

Tell me please. What is keeping you from renouncing witchcraft and becoming a Christian by faith in Jesus Christ?