• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Looking for a biblical program for alcoholics

I am a member of Alcoholics Anonymous I have brought people through the 12 step program I was a 100% Believer in the disease theory. But now I believe it's a heart problem. I'm looking for a new program to help alcoholics. But in a bible theme have anyone got or know where to get one?

Loyal
not sure about a program but the scripture that that talks about drunkards not getting into heaven seems like a very important scripture to be known by alcoholics. Just yesterday I sent this message to freind

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

the above scripture is clear that people who are having sex outside of marriage or catching a buzz on a regular basis are not going to heaven. this is why the bible tells us the gate is narrow and few are getting into heaven.

Matthew 7:14
For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

I believe the word of God

the good thing is if we repent and ask Jesus to save us from these addictions he will change us so that they will not be a temptation any longer for us.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

to say God keep us out of heaven because we have a disease just does not seem quite right to me

Staff Member
Greetings,

you could have a look here:
Finding a Group
or something like this:
Arise Again - Christian 12 Step
and see if that is what you are looking for?

Bless you ....><>

Greetings @OAKLINE

Just thought I shoukd say the Arise Again program is not free and charges quite high fees for its study booklets. Also they are protected by copyright.

MY belief is that Christian resourses should be free to utilise and share with others

Staff Member
Greetings @OAKLINE

Just thought I shoukd say the Arise Again program is not free and charges quite high fees for its study booklets. Also they are protected by copyright.

MY belief is that Christian resourses should be free to utilise and share with others

I have edited my post and removed the link etc.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Bless you ....><>