• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Looking 4 truth

Oh what a foolish man I am, ever learning & never coming to the truth. I can see plainly the path laid out before me, it is one that is headed for destruction. Morally bankrupt I have become, sowing the corrupted thing's rather than the immortal treasure's of God. Where is wisdom now? It mocks me from afar, it has given up calling me from the street corner.

I have given myself over to wayward men, and joined in with their impurity. I have become a lustful glutton, a man of depraved thinking. Woe to me oh Lord, I deserve to sleep with the worms. Woe to me oh Lord, I built my kingdom on sand.

There is no where I can go for help, there is no place where I can find rest. My only hope is in the company of sinner's, where you have thrown me low.

Please Lord do not let me be swallow alive by these wicked men, lift me up & teach me how to serve you well.

Administrator
Staff Member
Hello @FinalPrime

Welcome to TJ. We're here to call the lost by preaching the Gospel to the sick (the lost souls).

Staff Member
Sorry for taking so long in welcoming you @FinalPrime

And as this human has said. Jesus has Overcome.
So, in Him you can find your rest.

Once again be welcome.
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
Nick
<><

Oh what a foolish man I am, ever learning & never coming to the truth. I can see plainly the path laid out before me, it is one that is headed for destruction. Morally bankrupt I have become, sowing the corrupted thing's rather than the immortal treasure's of God. Where is wisdom now? It mocks me from afar, it has given up calling me from the street corner.

I have given myself over to wayward men, and joined in with their impurity. I have become a lustful glutton, a man of depraved thinking. Woe to me oh Lord, I deserve to sleep with the worms. Woe to me oh Lord, I built my kingdom on sand.

There is no where I can go for help, there is no place where I can find rest. My only hope is in the company of sinner's, where you have thrown me low.

Please Lord do not let me be swallow alive by these wicked men, lift me up & teach me how to serve you well.

If you wanna know how to serve the Lord, and get out of the mess of this world look at his teachings and obey them. " If you love me you'll obey my commands. " John 14:15. Check out the four gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Jesus gives many teachings that lead us out of the world and its issues, simply " just knowing God has your back " wont get you anywhere. You need an action behind the things you think, plus that's what really helps us overcome things. ACTIONS. So when you look at the four gospels act like he's talking to you when you read one of his teachings. After all he's the same yesterday, today, and forever, he still wants you to do the things he said!

Loyal
Hi,

I'm very tired of the human condition.

Sin sickness is rampant.
If you believe (Trust in, rely on, and adhere to the Word) you don't have to walk in that human condition, sin or sickness. You can choose where or how you walk.

If you believe (Trust in, rely on, and adhere to the Word) you don't have to walk in that human condition, sin or sickness. You can choose where or how you walk.

How do you " believe "? Or trust, or rely, or adhere? What does that look like?????????????

Loyal
How do you " believe "? Or trust, or rely, or adhere? What does that look like?????????????
How about...When God says something, instead of arguing about it, instead of wondering about it, we simply take it as fact and act on it? Continually consistently consistent?

Loyal
How do I trust, believe, adhere, rely on the word? What does me doing those things look like? I just want us all to know how, especially me.
I just told you. You are capable of thought. Did I not just describe it to you? That's what trusting, adhering to, and relying on looks like.

I just told you. You are capable of thought. Did I not just describe it to you? That's what trusting, adhering to, and relying on looks like.

Yeah you described it, and I was a little confused so I'm sorry for that. I'm just looking for a clear cut answer. So by what I understand with the things you've said, if Jesus says go left I should take it as fact and go left? If you are saying that, I agree with it. I just wanna get on the topic of what does God say, or what has he said for us to do already. So when people are in danger I can tell them do "this" because it's from God and it's the right way to go. It would give them something to believe in or rely on.

Loyal
Yeah you described it, and I was a little confused so I'm sorry for that. I'm just looking for a clear cut answer. So by what I understand with the things you've said, if Jesus says go left I should take it as fact and go left? If you are saying that, I agree with it. I just wanna get on the topic of what does God say, or what has he said for us to do already. So when people are in danger I can tell them do "this" because it's from God and it's the right way to go. It would give them something to believe in or rely on.
LOL Well, I'm not going to attempt to give you a formula beyond what I already have. Everybody is different, every situation is different, so what works this time, may cause untold havoc another time.