• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Long Distance

Hi guys,

I recently got into a relationship with someone and I know without a shudder of doubt that the relationship is God's will. There's only one little stumbling (or stepping stone), me and my partner are more than 1000km (700mi) apart.

I have the faith because obviously this is from God, but any advice from a Christian standpoint would help a lot.

Thanks Guys :)

Staff Member
Man of Faith

Greetings Xariex,

All things are possible to the that believe.

You are a man of faith, so let your faith take the reins, your trust in the supreme Lordship of Christ to steer you and the days of your life.

If He has brought you together, who, and I repeat, who can keep you apart.
As I write, I am reminded of a chap who lived many miles from his spouse to be, and his name was...

Joseph.

May God bless you (both) as you trust in Him.

Bless you.

Br. Bear.

One thing is certain, God cannot fail. If He has brought the two of you together, He will make a way.

Well....

Update is that both of us Felt something from God.
We're not sure whether it was a "Don't do it" thing or a "Wait" thing.

Considering i'm doing a course where Your concecration is prefered i think He's telling us to wait.

Any more advice?

=)

Hi

the verse that keeps me going on is 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Love is patient;
Love is kind.
Love does not envy;
nor does it parade itself,
is not puffed up.
Does not behave rudely,
Does not seek its own.
Love is NOT PROVOKED (by circumstances,etc),
Thinks no evil
Does not rejoice in iniquity,
but rejoices in the truth (that ur spouse is really from God, etc).
Love BEARS all things,
BELIEVES all things,
hopes all things,
ENDURES all things.

This is a God-kind dictionary of love, and is worthy of your attention!

Hope, Faith and Love. But the greatest of these three is love. :)

Keep on praying. Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you. -Matt 6:33

i am in a similar relationship but not dating right now because she needs healing from past relationships. She is in China, I am in the USA. it is a real test of faith.

i am in a new long-distance relationship. She is a Christian in Thailand. I am in the USA. distance is not a problem in our case, the current issue seems only to be i need work before we can move forward. she does not say that, it's just I know because I am currently unemployed. how is yours these days?

Romance......what a wonderful word. Thank God for romance. Not always seen today, but a heart trembling experience.

I recall meeting in the 'back lane' also in the 'park'. At that time way back. the back lane' the 'park' were 50 miles from my home. A long way away. This was in the days before 'easyjet' and such. But I got there.

I got there because I was in love....whew. Yes tis true. Now over 40 years later we are still in love.

South of the border down Nottingham way. Thats where I fell in love when the stars above came out to play, For it was Fiesta, and we were so gay........south of the border........

I wish you well in Jesus..........Be sure you love her and would die for her......and then stay true.