• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Local thinking

The bible suggests that Gods creation is in a fallen state, and needs to be remade. The earth, the universe, all has to be remade.

But what is exactly corrupted about the known universe? How did two people eating magical fruit somehow corrupt space time and everything in between?

Adam and Eve were in a closed system when they ate from the tree of knowledge, so how does their fall translate to the rest of the universe?

Staff Member
Notice where the Earth was cursed because of this incident in Genesis?

The incident being talked of was willful "disobedience".

Side note 1: Eve wasn't her name at the time of the disobedience....she was just called "woman". :)

Side note 2: Most folks put the full blame on woman/Eve. I primarily blame Adam for this, because he just stood by watching while woman ate of the tree, of knowledge of good and evil. I sometimes wonder if Adam kept silent to see if she really would die as God had said would happen if they ate of it! If he did. I'm sure he didn't count on a delayed reaction! :-(

Loyal
The bible suggests that Gods creation is in a fallen state, and needs to be remade. The earth, the universe, all has to be remade.

You are really quite far afield from we were in Eden [Adam and Eve] and where we are today. You have learned a lot from men and part of the process involved in growing closer to God necessarily includes what I would call "unlearning". But, you are starting at the wrong place:

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Heb 11:6

So then it does begin with faith and the scripture speaks of where faith is to be found:

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Rom 10:17

You can search along other pathways and find things, but you will always be coming up short in your view of the whole picture. You are effectively blindly walking into a blind alley in the darkness. There is Light to be had but not where you are looking for it.

But what is exactly corrupted about the known universe? How did two people eating magical fruit somehow corrupt space time and everything in between?

Adam and Eve were in a closed system when they ate from the tree of knowledge, so how does their fall translate to the rest of the universe?

The truth, God's Truth, is not found by means of the "scientific method".

It is not the universe [what man calls the universe] that is corrupted. It is man's heart that is corrupted and his way of doing things when he walks along his own paths. The Bible says clearly that God made everything "very good" [Gen 1:31. The problem is that there has been man's way to do things and God Way. When man's way is followed the "good" will become blurred and even invisible to the natural eye. The natural man [any man without God leading him and that in a man that opposes the leadership of God in him] works on toward his goal and even if they seem good, without God showing the Way, he (the natural man), walking and working blindly will effectively end up in a ditch or a bottomless pit.

You say that Adam and Eve were working in a closed system, but I would say rather that it was simple. It was simple in that God's requirement was simple: Obey Him or die. They did not and now the simplicity seems to be gone and it seems so difficult to see what it is that God does and does not want.

It really is not. In spite of man's continual shenanigans throughout the centuries, it still simple. God wants obedience. The only real alternative continues to be death.

Active

It was an inevitable fall that had to start somewhere. God knew a creation with high intelligence and free will would fall.

This however is not the issue. You are reciting an atheistic red herring which makes me assume you did not attend church for long.

Adam and Eve were NOT doomed for an eternity in hell after they ate the forbidden fruit.

It was an inevitable fall that had to start somewhere. God knew a creation with high intelligence and free will would fall.

This however is not the issue. You are reciting an atheistic red herring which makes me assume you did not attend church for long.

Adam and Eve were NOT doomed for an eternity in hell after they ate the forbidden fruit.
I'm just saying, how did the whole universe become corrupt due to Adam and Eve.

Active
I'm just saying, how did the whole universe become corrupt due to Adam and Eve.

Sin entered. Since mankind was empowered to rule over the earth, the rest of the inhabitants were also affected / needed to adapt to the new state.

Why do you say the universe is corrupted?

Sin entered. Since mankind was empowered to rule over the earth, the rest of the inhabitants were also affected / needed to adapt to the new state.

Why do you say the universe is corrupted?
Well, how far does sin nature extend. If it's just on this planet, then nothing else needs to be rendered a new.