• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Listening, Hearing, Sounds and Ears

Staff Member
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:1

Greetings,

In this thread can we all please think of some Scripture that involves either Listening, Hearing, Sounds or Ears?

The Scriptures are full of them.

As we are able to share the Scriptures we find or remember, we will begin to see something really quite wonderful.
Please remember that there are no right or wrong answers and this is not here to see who is smartest amongst us.

Simply post Scripture that comes to mind as you read. Try not to post lots at once. (Anyone can look up a concordance and copy paste it)

This is a genuine request for us to use as a notebook sort of thing to jot down verses as we come across them in thinking or reading etc. Perhaps bookmark the page or something and so have it handy?
Let's see if we can do it, together.

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
Rom 10:17; So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

Gal 3:2; This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?
Gal 3:5; So then, does He who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

Loyal
Jas 1:23; For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror;
Jas 1:25; But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does.

1 Cor 13:1; If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

Loyal
These are from another thread I started a few days back about "Your House". But I got the Flu and didn't get around to finishing.

Matt 7:24; "Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock.
Matt 7:25; "And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock.
Matt 7:26; "Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.
Matt 7:27; "The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall."

They are similar to James 1:23;

Staff Member
These are from another thread I started a few days back about "Your House". But I got the Flu and didn't get around to finishing.

wondered where you got to. Are you doing OK, now?

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
Matthew 11:15
He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

John 10:27
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Luke 8:18
Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.

Blessings of grace and peace be yours in abundance
W4F

Staff Member
Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of Thy countenance.
Psalm 89:15

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 1Corinthians 15:52

Staff Member
this is just fantastic thanks so much for sharing Brad
@Brad Huber '

haven't been able to view this until now, Brad. Had to use a different browser.
With over 21 million views one would think the world will be a little quieter with less strife and feet in mouths, etc.

Thank you for sharing this,

Bless you ....><>

Staff Member
Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: again, He limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

Hebrews 4:6-13

Loyal
Hebrews 4:12 is one of my most favorite verses, how the word of God being a 2 edged sword cuts us as well as others that hear it. And that cutting away at the heart is healing to our souls!

Mat 15:10 And He called the crowd and said to them, Hear and understand.
Mat 15:11 Not that which goes into the mouth defiles a man; but that which comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.

(Hear) as seen in Mat 15:10
G191
ἀκούω
akouō
ak-oo'-o
A primary verb; to hear (in various senses): - give (in the) audience (of), come (to the ears), ([shall]) hear (-er, -ken), be noised, be reported, understand.
Total KJV occurrences: 437

(Understand) as seen in Mat 15:10
G4920
συνίημι
suniēmi
soon-ee'-ay-mee
From G4862 and ἵημι hiēmi (to send); to put together, that is, (mentally) to comprehend; by implication to act piously: - consider, understand, be wise.
Total KJV occurrences: 26