• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

LIES & GODS TRUTH

Hello people its me Hanni

I read in the bible yeah that Jesus was tempted by the devil in Matthew 4 verse 1 and he answered all of the devils lies and questions with scriptures. So! Ha! I thought because i do believe some lies about myself and stuff and that Michele says God will tell me the truth. I would find out the truth about those lies and see what the bible says about them ok?

Kool

So the reason i posted it here is that like everyone does believe lies i think a bit or sometimes a lot even when they dont realise it and i think it is good if you do this too so that you can find out what the truth says about the lies that you believed. So i have written mine down as a good example but i know yours might probably be different so you will have to write yours down and look up your own.

LIE: You will not make it in this Christian life

TRUTH: Psalm 28 verse 7 says "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him and i am helped"

LIE: God will get fed up with you sinning even though you say sorry. You cannot change quick enough

TRUTH: 1 John 1 verse 9 says "If we confess our sins he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

LIE: It is impossible for you to change

TRUTH: Luke 1 verse 37 says "For nothing is impossible with God."

LIE: You wont stop swearing or drinking

TRUTH: Job 8 verse 21 says "He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy"

TRUTH: Psalm 4 verse 7 says "You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound."

LIE: You were a mistake to be born

TRUTH: Psalm 139 verse 13 says "For you created my innmost being; you knit me together in my mothers womb"

LIE: You have noone

TRUTH: John 14 verse 18 says "I will not leave you as orphans; i will come to you"

TRUTH: 1 John 3 verse 1 says "How great is the love the Father has lavished upon us, that we should be called CHILDREN of God."

LIE: You have no home

TRUTH: John 14 verse 23 says "Jesus replied, If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him and we will come to him and make our home with him"

LIE: You are alone

TRUTH: Psalm 68 verse 6 says "God sets the lonely in families"

TRUTH: Romans 8 verse 39 says "Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to seperate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our LORD"

LIE: What happened when you were small was your fault

TRUTH: Matthew 18 verse 6 says "But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea"

TRUTH: John 8 verse 10 & 11 says "Jesus straightened up and asked her "woman where are they? no-one has condemned you?" "No-one sir" she said. Then neither do i condemn you Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

LIE: Your body is only for others to have and use

TRUTH: 1 Corinthians 6 verse 13 says " Food for the stomach and the stomach for food - but God will destroy them both. The body is not meant for sexual immorality but for the LORD, and the LORD for the body."

TRUTH: 1 Corinthians 6 verses 19 & 20 says "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own, you were bought at a price. Therefore honour God with your body"

LIE: You are like a virus. You are dirty

TRUTH: Psalm 51 verse 7 says "Cleanse me with hyssop and i shall be clean; wash me and i shall be whiter than snow"

TRUTH: Acts 10 verse 15 says "Do not call ANYTHING impure that God has made clean"

LIE: People see who you really are

TRUTH: Psalm 19 verse 8 says "The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving LIGHT TO THE EYES"

TRUTH: 2 Corinthians 5 verse 17 says " Therefore if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come"

LIE: You are ugly

TRUTH: Psalm 139 verse 14 says " I will praise you because i am fearfully and WONDERFULLY made"

TRUTH: Isaiah 61 verse 3 says "and provide for those who grieve in Zion - to bestow on them a crown of BEAUTY instead of ashes."

LIE: You will always feel bad

TRUTH: Psalms 30 verse 11 says "You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with your joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent"

TRUTH: Psalms 30 verse 5 says "weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning"

TRUTH: Psalm 126 verse 5 says "Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy"

LIE: You should be ashamed

TRUTH: Isaiah 61 verse 7 says " Instead of their shame, my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace, they will rejoice in their inheritence and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs."

LIE: God is a man, a guy. He will lie, break his promises and be cruel and hurt you

TRUTH: John 4 verse 14 says " God is Spirit"

TRUTH: Deuteronomy 7 verse 9 says "Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, He is the faithful God keeping his covenant of love, to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands"

TRUTH: Numbers 23 verse 19 says " God is not a man that he should lie, nor a son of man that he should change his mind"

TRUTH: Psalm 34 verse 18 says " The LORD is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit"

TRUTH: Psalm 25 verse 8 says "Good and upright is the LORD"

LIE: You have no future

TRUTH: Jerimiah 29 verse 11 says " For i know the plans i have for you declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

TRUTH: Ephesians 2 verse 10 says "For we are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do."

So this is what i have found but i am still very wobbly at the moment and believing it all is going to take some practice i think.

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
Excellent and well put sister. God bless you. I see your faith and wisdom growing!

God is an awesome God!

Thank you Hanni :love: if you dont mind . . .i will share your studied input for a dear brother of mine :love: He will be thankful :love: Thank you for your time to post this great truth, and God bless you and keep you safe :love:

wow thanks for sharing...
i can imagine it took heaps of time for you to find this all im the bible..
it would take me ages....
thanks again for sharing..

god bless
kara

I love it heather anne, Amen.

especially when the devils lies are being exposed, this is what is great about talk jesus.

Thankyou for sharing Gods Truth, which will last for eternity.

I'm at a loss for words, what a beautiful truth you have shared with us. I cannot tell you how proud I am of you.
My encouragement to you sweetheart is to read those to yourself before going to sleep so your mind rest on the truth of God's Word. It will give you comfort and peace, something you deserve.
May the Lord continue to bless you and protect your mind.

hanni,

the insight you have received here is a lesson for all of us, and i thank the Lord our God for giving you this and i thank you for sharing it

the Lord has blessed you my sister, i pray that you take this insight and this blessing into the very depth of your heart and let the Lord heal you from within.

God bless

scrappy

Flabbergasted

Wow that really really spoke to me, thank you..... I believed all those lies too (bar one) ...... I'm gonna come back to this each time I hear them again, to check out the TRUTH. :love:

God's truly working through you Hanni

WOW

You're on fire

Jesus is Lord :note:

Thankyou

Thanks for your words. I do need to keep reading it though because even though i wrote it, it is on paper i need to believe it.

Thus the tricky bit

Seven lies...

God can't be trusted.
(The truth is…God is faithful.)

God is against you.
(The truth is…God is for you.)

You are not good enough to be blessed.
(The truth is…Christ is your righteousness and you have been blessed with every spiritual blessing in Him.)

God cares about others more than He cares about you.
(The truth is…God cares for you.)

God really doesn't love you.
(The truth is…God loves you with an everlasting love.)

Your situation is hopeless.
(The truth is…With God, nothing is impossible.)

Things will never change.
(The truth is…God makes all things new.)