• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Let us read The Book of The Acts of The Apostles together not to study it but to read it only & look what happen throughout it Pre 1984 KJV as 1

How many, would like to just read it as a book should be read at this time.

• Yes I would like to do that, for a 1st. time in such a fashion

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No I would not like to read it in that fashion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Loyal
Let us see what acts they did, as a group of readers. and not as if reading verses but reading a story back in "Biblical History", and take on the garments as "historians" and not taking verses apart. But let us read the book as excitement details.

How many would like to do that?

Loyal
Let us see what acts they did, as a group of readers. and not as if reading verses but reading a story back in "Biblical History", and take on the garments as "historians" and not taking verses apart. But let us read the book as excitement details.

How many would like to do that?
Hello @PloughBoy,

I have just done so, but will be glad to do so again.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
Hello @PloughBoy,

I have just done so, but will be glad to do so again.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Since you have already updated already, you do not have too, but maybe tomorrow I will slow walk the path step by step and verse by verse and chapter by charter for it has been almost a year I have done it in a systematically order. Reading it only. I like it, it is like "law cases" in a court room of hostiles, settings. A collection of short stories. and actors in their Character. and how they feel about on another at certain times and it helps me keep in track of the dates within the New Testament body of writings, and their ages and see how their developing characters emerges. I remember one time had a strong court cause and had three lawyers against me. and Apostle Paul came to mind and I took on his character. I acted just like him. and won the case. the attorney attacking me, took my side against my own attorney and my own wife, and he sided with me and the judge did too! and the court room went silent! I thought I was standing before "Festus Governor of Judea and King Agrippa and Bernice in Caesarea" with the same characters. and the court did not know I was talking on the role of Apostle Paul but in "worldly terms" but strictly Biblical straight out the book. with the same tone as Apostle Paul took. But the court was persuade. even I took on the role as an Ignorant man of "Peter and John" in the book of Acts of the Apostles. I gave the Court room Jesus, and they didn't even know it! and I left there "Justified" and they did not know what had hit them, "my Sheep knows My voice and they will not follow another" the Bible was no where to be found but Still I gave them "JESUS" in another Language! it was the unadulterated LANGUAGE OF GOD!

1 Corinthians 14:21
"In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak to this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, said the LORD."

The book of The Acts of The apostles" is like being wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove. and presenting yourself as a Lawyer in a court room. and THIS Apostle was a Expert in The law of GOD and The Roman Empire. he was slick and had a way with words and he knew how to deflect the blows of words when he needed too, he was slick and smooth.:laughing: "AND POWER BY GOD" and so was Jesus, but JESUS, much deeper than the mental mind can discern. "For He is "THE WORD".

The Mortal is incapable of knowing the meaning of The plain, even the "mi-nute" words of Christ, that he have spoken, although they are clearly understood. and that too is what we call a "Mysterion".

Even these very words below they have no idea what it means, but they think they do, It is like the men looking for the door knob at "LOT'S house"

Matthews 13
13This is why I speak to them in parables:
Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing,they do not hear or understand.’ 14In them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled: ‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.…:pensive:

Loyal
Since you have updated already you do not have to, but maybe tomorrow I will slow walk the path step by step and verse by verse and chapter by charter for it has been almost a year since I have done it in a systematically order. Reading it only. I like it, it is like "law cases" in a court room of hostiles, settings. A collection of short stories: and actors in their Character. and how they feel about one another at certain times, and it helps me keep in track of the dates within the New Testament body of writings, and their ages and see how their developing characters emerge. I remember one time I had a strong court case and had three lawyers against me.: and Apostle Paul came to mind and I took on his character. I acted just like him. and won the case. the attorney attacking me, took my side against my own attorney and my own wife, and he sided with me and the judge did too! and the court room went silent! I thought I was standing before "Festus Governor of Judea and King Agrippa and Bernice in Caesarea" with the same characters. and the court did not know I was taking on the role of the Apostle Paul ( in "worldly terms") but strictly Biblical straight out the book. with the same tone as Apostle Paul took. But the court was persuaded. even I took on the role as an Ignorant man of "Peter and John" in the book of Acts of the Apostles. I gave the Court room Jesus, and they didn't even know it! and I left there "Justified" and they did not know what had hit them, "my Sheep knows My voice and they will not follow another" the Bible was no where to be found, but Still I gave them "JESUS" in another Language! it was the unadulterated LANGUAGE OF GOD!

1 Corinthians 14:21
"In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak to this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, said the LORD."

The book of The Acts of The apostles is like "being wise as a serpent and harmless as a doves". and presenting yourself as a Lawyer in a court room. and THIS Apostle was an Expert in The law of GOD and The Roman Empire. he was slick and had a way with words and he knew how to deflect the blows of words when he needed too, he was slick and smooth.:laughing: "AND POWER BY GOD" and so was Jesus, but JESUS, much deeper than the mental mind can discern. "For He is "THE WORD".

The Mortal is incapable of knowing the meaning of The plain, even the "mi-nute" words of Christ, that he have spoken, although they are clearly understood. and that too is what we call a "Mysterion".

Even these very words below, they have no idea what it means, but they think they do, It is like the men looking for the door knob at "LOT'S house"

Matthews 13
13This is why I speak to them in parables:
Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.’ 14In them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled: ‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.…:pensive:
'At my first answer no man stood with me,
.. but all men forsook me:
.... I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge.
...... Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me,
........ and strengthened me; ;
.......... that by me the preaching might be fully known,
............ and that all the Gentiles might hear:
and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.
.. And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work,
.... and will preserve me unto His heavenly kingdom:
...... to Whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.'
(2 Timothy 4:16-18)

Loyal
March 28, 2023
Chapter 1 KJV. NIV, ESV
4And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, But Wait For the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. 5For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
6When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again THE KINGDOM to Israel? 7And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 8But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

March 29, 2023
Chapter 2 KJV, NIV, ESV
14But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: 15For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. 16But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Last edited:
Loyal
March 30, 2023
Acts:3 KJV

A miracle is generally defined, according to the etymology of the word—it comes from the Greek thaumasion and the Latin miraculum—as that which causes wonder and astonishment, being extraordinary in itself and amazing or inexplicable by normal standards.

Acts 3:10, 19-24 KJV
10And they knew that it was he which sat for alms at the Beautiful gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him…f.
19Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21Whom The Heaven Must Receive Until The Times Of Restitution Of All Things, Which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. 22For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. 23And It Shall Come To Pass, That Every Soul, Which Will Not Hear That Prophet, Shall Be Destroyed From Among The People. 24Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

Loyal
MARCH 31. 2023
ACTS 4 KJV
27. For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, are gathered together."
28. For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determine before to be done.:pensive:.
29And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word, 30By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus. 31And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Loyal
April 1-2 2023
Acts 5 KJV & NIV Copyright 1984

13. Ananis and Sapphira, and fear made many not Join Them. "No one else dared join them, even though they were highly regarded by the people" but more and more men and women believe in the Lord and were added to their numbers.

Acts 6-7 KJV NIV 1984 Copyright

Stephen, chosen, Seized, became "FILLED with THE SPIRIT then told a story under the power of GOD, then was false accused, lied on, He was Filled with so Much with The POWER of THE HOLY CHOST, The people could Not stand it!

Under the power of GOD that he was, right after they heard the story:
Acts 7: 54
When they heard these things, they were "Cut to The heart", and they GNASHED on him with their teeth!
But He, Being Full of The
Holy Ghost, [just] looked up steadfastly into [the] heavens, and saw "the Glory of GOD" and Jesus standing not sitting but Standing on The right Hand of GOD!

[Being full of the Holy Ghost , will make "people Hated you " and kill you on The spot, right where you stand!] with any weapon they can!

NOTE:
For those who miss it, the Bible said that Jesus is sitting down on the right hand of The FATHER.
King James Bible Mark 16:19
"So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God."
Luke 22:69
But from now on the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the power of God."

But this time when they were getting ready to Stone "STEPHEN, "The LORD STOOD UP"! Now Ploughboy, how did you come to that conclusion? As I was reading it this time, I saw Him standing up, and looking at Him "STEPHEN", making a Stand! Yes I did , in "THE Golden LIGHT" I said to my self "LOOK AT THIS"!:joy:

The Word of God will become Living! Alive and not dead!

Acts 7 NIV Copyright 1984
55But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56“Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man STANDING at the right hand of God.”!!!!

I Liked to jump Out of my Chair!:sob: The LORD got up from His seat on the right hand of The Father! Looking down at Stephen making His stand While the people were about to Stone HIM, For telling "The STORY". Telling "the TRUTH" just like it is!

Loyal
Hello @PloughBoy,

Yes, I believe that the Lord was standing in readiness. For had Israel come to repentance He would have returned, as promised through Peter, in Acts 3:-

'Repent ye therefore, and be converted,
that your sins may be blotted out,
when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
And He shall send Jesus Christ,
which before was preached unto you:

Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things,
which God hath spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.'
(Act 3:19-22)

'For Moses truly said unto the fathers,
A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you
of your brethren, like unto me;
Him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever He shall say unto you.
And it shall come to pass, that every soul,
which will not hear that prophet,
shall be destroyed from among the people.
Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after,
as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.
Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers,
saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent Him to bless you,
in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.'
(Act 3:22-26)

* Hebrews 1:3 & 10:12; Ephesians 1:20; Colossians 3:1; Hebrews 1:13; 8:1; 10:12; 12:2; 1 Peter 3:22.
He is now 'sat' at God's right hand, and we in Him in spirit: awaiting His appearing and His subsequent coming again for His own as He promised (1 Corinthians 15:23), before the judgement takes place, and the wrath of God is poured forth.

Praise His Holy Name!

Last edited:
Loyal
Hello @PloughBoy,

Yes, I believe that the Lord was standing in readiness. For had Israel come to repentance He would have returned, as promised through Peter, in Acts 3:-

'Repent ye therefore, and be converted,
that your sins may be blotted out,
when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
And He shall send Jesus Christ,
which before was preached unto you:

Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things,
which God hath spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.'
(Act 3:19-22)

'For Moses truly said unto the fathers,
A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you
of your brethren, like unto me;
Him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever He shall say unto you.
And it shall come to pass, that every soul,
which will not hear that prophet,
shall be destroyed from among the people.
Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after,
as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.
Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers,
saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent Him to bless you,
in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.'
(Act 3:22-26)

* Hebrews 1:3 & 10:12; Ephesians 1:20; Colossians 3:1; Hebrews 1:13; 8:1; 10:12; 12:2; 1 Peter 3:22.
He is now 'sat' at God's right hand, and we in Him in spirit: awaiting His appearing and His subsequent coming again for His own as He promised (1 Corinthians 15:23), before the judgement takes place, and the wrath of God is poured forth.

Praise His Holy Name!
It was a "STANDING OVATION" in Heaven, just like a Baseball player standing at the plate and "STEPHEN" Hit a Home RUN and The bases where LOADED! And JESUS STOOD UP! And I saw Him Too! :joy::joy::joy:

POST # 9
Acts 7 NIV Copyright 1984
55But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56
“Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man STANDING at the right hand of God.”!!!!

I Liked to jump Out of my Chair!:sob: The LORD got up from His seat on the right hand of The Father! Looking down at Stephen making His stand While the people were about to Stone HIM, For telling "The STORY". Telling "the TRUTH" just like it is!:)

I dare any to Stand up and be full of The
Holy Ghost. and Go against The WHOLE WORLD, "HEAVEN will REJOICE" I dare any to stand and be strong and put on The garments of "Athanasius" "Contra Mun Tum"

"contra mundum"​

Loyal
@PloughBoy

Hello there,

If it was a standing ovation, that is indeed wonderful: but we are not told that are we? So we cannot say that with certainty. We dare not go beyond what is written, for fear of being in error.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
April 3, 2023
Acts 8, KJV NIV 1984

Now here is "PAUL" his Jewish translation, But Here, is going by "SAUL" from His fathers translation, a "Nobel Roman citizen" He has "Dual" citizenship, a Nobel Roman and a "Jewish Pharisee" well educated in both worlds from the best of "schools" and could speak from 6-7 languages and a expert in both laws, "Jewish and Rome" born by legal birth. legally a Jew and a Roman! A high Ranking his father in the Roman Empire and one of the "TOP DOGS', a Pharisee of Pharisees"

1And Saul approved of their killing him. {Stephen}
On that day a great persecution broke out against the church in Jerusalem, and all except the apostles were scattered throughout Judea and Samaria. 2Godly men buried Stephen and mourned deeply for him. 3But Saul began to destroy the church. Going from house to house, he dragged off both men and women and put them in prison. [everybody else ran] they left their homes, houses and jobs and lands and relatives!

4Those who had been scattered preached the word wherever they went. [Saul made they into traveling "Evangelist"}

5Then Philip went down to The City Of Samaria:eyes::eyes:, and preached Christ unto them. 6And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did. 7For Unclean Spirits, Crying With Loud Voice, Came Out Of Many That Were Possessed With Them: And many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed. 8And there was great joy in that city.

12But when they believed Philip as he proclaimed the good news of the kingdom of God [ THE Millennial ]and The Name Of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. 13Simon himself believed and was baptized. And he followed Philip everywhere, astonished by the great signs and miracles he saw.

[ "The kingdom of GOD is the coming Millennial kingdom" "This realm is not my kingdom" but we will inherit everything and take this whole world by "FORCE" which will belong to us, Just like the Israelites invaded "The Promise Land" Crossing "The Jordan River", I thank GOD and not by the intellect, but By "REVELATION" I understand "types and shadows" of what is to come.] and I have not relied on a mortal man to teach me about GOD and His ways.

For many of us have become fools too, and are not ashamed to be called one. But when we are, we rejoice, For we are different. We loved to be talked about and called all kinds of names behind our backs. Gossip directed at us, is a prize. Scorn is a award.

King James Bible 1 Corinthians 4 :10
"We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised."
[For I know I am , of the "despicable ones" for the world lets us know it, and we wear it like a badge of courage in our soul]

Acts 8: 25 NLT

New Living Translation
After testifying and preaching the word of the Lord in Samaria, Peter and John returned to Jerusalem. And They Stopped In Many Samaritan villages along the way to preach the Good News.

I do like the many kind of acts the apostles did, even going backing into the jaws of death. The Lions mouth,

Luke 14:26
"If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be My disciple.:pensive: The word cannot means, "have not the Ability"
You can read write and study and go to all schools of biblical learning, BUT "You have not The ABILITY to be his disciple" it cannot be done, You can even begin to learn. "one must count the cost" before one begins. it will cost you. to be a "Disciple" to even begin to know what that is. no dictionary or church or choir organ can define what a "disciple of Christ is" for there are meaning definitions But "THE TRUTH" must be revealed by "THE TRUTH"

"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives to the death.":pensive:

Loyal
@PloughBoy

Hello there,

If it was a standing ovation, that is indeed wonderful: but we are not told that are we? So we cannot say that with certainty. We dare not go beyond what is written, for fear of being in error.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
of course we all cannot all see the "TRUTH in GOD's Word" it is not for The Intellectual's mind, it must be revealed by "The TRUTH" what is spoken. For Jesus said, My Words are Spiritual every word I have spoken The Father told me to speak and how to say it. in others words it is a reason on how He The LORD speaks, His way of speaking is not normal for the normal man of woman or child. For it is divinely spoken, for there are many applications but only One meaning, "Biblical Truth". right. The WORD of GOD is For The ELECT of GOD and no one else, can understand none of it

For it is a useless piece of Paper and literature and it does not accomplish in Them of its intent. which is "The Salvation Story" and "The Map" for "The ELECT" from "The beginning to it's Intent" and it has Accomplished every Thing for in which it was written. A job well done, told in advance.

But a "MYSTERION" not A mystery or a paradox.

The world cannot enter into "The Spirit of The WORD of GOD" For it is "SPIRITUAL" and we pray every day for GOD to instruct us what to read and how to read it, and show us what he wants us to read everyday and not what we want to read on our own, and Father, teach us how it is spoken and how to hear it. For this is how we all pray everyday every evening. "For He is OUR LORD" and not the worlds LORD, So a slave do not even read anything on His own, we ask him what to read, we ask how to hear, we ask him what to see in it, we ask him what to write everyday about it

Because we know he is going to attach something to what he has already revealed to us already and he is the only that can attach on to what he wants us to know, for he has taught us down through the years how He teaches us. So that is how and why we keep moving and others search.

For me for over 44 years without fail. Everyday beginning prayer of the day, what to proclaim and how to proclaim it , and how to say it, each word. what words to use and how to say it, every word how to phrase it. Show me what you want me to see in it today. and when people speak to me what to see in it what you want me to see and not what they want me to see

.For He is our LORD. we do not pray for worldly things, He already nows what we need in worldly materials. We pray for His will and not our own will and what words. The things we ask for the world cannot receive from Him. For we do not know what to pray for, but the parakletos knows what we are supposed to pray for, but many have decided, to be taught by a church and church leaders what to pray for by examples. instead of Following our only guide. for many have decided to worship the ways of the creature instead of our creator has become a norm.

"Repeat after me" "stand please and pray", "let us pray", let us pray in Silence. let us pray for a new building, being taught by 'the doctrine of men", I hear so many commercials about God and prayer and what HE wants us to do, I get so sick now, when I hear The "Blasphemies" coming out of people mouths and the killing point is, that they do not know it is blasphemy. They think it is honoring GOD. And it hurts because The church have taught them these "blasphemies". and it hurts. this is what The church has done, and Now the whole world is "Reaping what The church has sowed":pensive:

In worldly things. The LORD is MY SHEPHERD and I have no worldly wants, needs, we ask what the world cannot give us, His word and how to speak his words how to homiletically arraign them in our writings and our every day speech. You know, we just do not jump out there and start talking about GOD. That is like a loose cannon. Every word we pray for GOD to give us and how to speak it. it took me years to learn these ways although I had the Gift. Just because you have a Gift from GOD, You must learn how to use The Gifts given by God and it takes time and much discipline to learn how to use them and walk according to the Spirit in that 'Gift".

Because many times many think God 's words are very unkind and hateful and ugly and we will use our own words and how to speak them and how to present His Truth, which will not have the same effected, because once we put ourselves and the world's "Emily Post's" genre into God's written words those words cease to be GOD"S Word although we repeated what was written down in the Bible, but the moment we do not do it in "GODS" orderly way at that time of delivery, those words cease to be GOD's words although we quoted those words as written down in the Bible. But in actuality they are the genre of another.

That is why, when some speak or repeat what the Bible says, No power is there, or an anointing, just volume. no more the Word of GOD than a man in the moon.
Like I told many we are Living in The GREAT FALLING AWAY from "The Word of GOD" and many have no idea what that even means but there are many "Applications of what it means" and it is no use in explaining it. We are done and constantly going backwards even the best of us.:pensive:

And to walk in the Light, is to know that we are. gone backwards and not forward. "that knowledge is walking in "The Light" in this modern day era.:pensive:

The Word of God does not lie. They who have led us in the body of Christ have led us all astray. "Know the TRUTH and The TRUTH will set you free":pensive: you must know that we have been led astray and know who are the ones who lead us astray. False prophets are easy targets, that sounds like broken record, we must grow up! "Those who leads us has led us astray"

Trust The WORD of GOD. What does the word of God says about who have led us astray. Some people are stuck on the Gospels and sound like a broken recording. There are 66 books in the "CANONS of SCRIPTURE" most people have not the knowledge like we should there and they go around "Yodeling about 'ENOCH" a Pseudographical book. that I have read over 40 years ago. I read them all back when was a kid in diapers and theological milk on my breath. I did back in the early 1980's.

Ain't no Child of God who is full of the "HOLY GHOST" going to adopt any kind of "Pseudographical books" they will spit those books out like sour milk with honey in it! Some school have to made you read that mess!:laughing: and I read most of them The Non-Canonical books:laughing: The 1st time you put it in your mouth, you are going to say, something ain't right, But if you have not establish a "Pump-line" you ain't going to have a "Standard rule'.

So getting back to the "TEXT AT LARGE" This is just a read about the history of the many acts the apostles they did and what took place, no study at all , just what they did and being mindful of what they had in books and the power that they displayed and why it was displayed in Biblical history. the things that was spoken, because at that time there was no "New Testament wirings at all" No New Testament text or New Testament historical writings, just hear say. on what they had seen and heard. They did not have a regular mail system or telegraph or pony express. And we all know how stories carried by "Herald" differently. [ and we do know that Old Testament writing was alive and they did preach Jesus out of the Old Testament Writings which is the Old Testament is all about; For we know that it teaches that "Jesus" is "ISRAEL" period "The SEED" not many, BUT "ONE SEED". not seeds. "ONE BODY" "THE PROMISE" Many Nations But ONE SEED" and not "One SEED" producing many seeds. "ONE SEED" and That One SEED is "ISRAEL" they called Him "JESUS". The One on The White horse wearing Many "CROWNS".

And we do remember what a Bible translations does in translating form "The Original copied Manuscript" does.
"We dare not go beyond what is written, for fear of being in error." Translation always does, because translated words where not even "created" let along had a meaning. "William Tyndale" made that plain for us, with explanations.

are we having fun yet? another day in the neighborhood.

Hey complete, we have them on a roll now.​

sorry for grammar errors.

Loyal
April 4, 2023
Acts 9. KJV NIV Copyright 1984
1And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, 2And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem...f.

5And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest...f.

To Ananias The LORD said:
15But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: For He Is A Chosen Vessel Unto Me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: 16For I will shew him How Great Things He Must Suffer For My Name's Sake...f:pensive:

31Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and Walking In The Fear Of The Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.

It began "breathing out Threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the LORD"
Then
They had "REST" "Edified" and walking in The Fear of The Lord and in The Comfort of the Holy Ghost" by verse 31.

Have The Lord Showed You "How Great Things You Must Suffer" Have He Chosen You, To Suffer For His Name Sake?

Now, The examples, are before our eyes, "The Christ" and Then "The PAUL"!

1 Corinthians 4:16
…15Even if you have ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers; for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. 16Therefore I urge you to imitate me.

1 Corinthians 11:1
You are to imitate me, just as I imitate Christ.

Philippians 3:17
Join one another in following my example, brothers, and carefully observe those who walk according to the pattern we set for you.

Philippians 4:9
Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me, put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

1 Thessalonians 1:6
And you became imitators of us and of the Lord when you welcomed the message with the joy of the Holy Spirit, in spite of your great suffering.

John 10:4,5
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice…

Philippians 3:17
Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

Acts: Chapter 9 :pensive:

Loyal
@PloughBoy, :)

* Paul said:-
'... ... Whereupon as I went to Damascus
with authority and commission from the chief priests,
At midday, O king,
.. I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun,
.... shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.
...... And when we were all fallen to the earth,
........ I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue,
.......... "Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
............ it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
And I said, "Who art thou, Lord?"
And He said, "I Am Jesus Whom thou persecutest.
But rise, and stand upon thy feet:
.. for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose,
.... to make thee a minister and a witness
...... (1) both of these things which thou hast seen,
........ (2) and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;"
.......... Delivering thee from the people,
............ and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,
.............. To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light,
................ and from the power of Satan unto God,
.................. that they may receive forgiveness of sins,
.................... and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in Me."
(Acts 26:12-18)

Praise God!

Loyal
@PloughBoy, :)

* Paul said:-
'... ... Whereupon as I went to Damascus
with authority and commission from the chief priests,
At midday, O king,
.. I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun,
.... shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.
...... And when we were all fallen to the earth,
........ I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue,
.......... "Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
............ it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
And I said, "Who art thou, Lord?"
And He said, "I Am Jesus Whom thou persecutest.
But rise, and stand upon thy feet:
.. for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose,
.... to make thee a minister and a witness
...... (1) both of these things which thou hast seen,
........ (2) and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;"
.......... Delivering thee from the people,
............ and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,
.............. To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light,
................ and from the power of Satan unto God,
.................. that they may receive forgiveness of sins,
.................... and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in Me."
(Acts 26:12-18)

Praise God!
:)

Loyal
April 5-6, 2023
Acts 10, KJV NIV copyright 1984

For two days, The 5th I was reading Chapter 10, and something was not right, and right away I knew "The LORD" wanted me to stop. So I stop, and not asking questions,, for years and years I have been learning HIS ways. So I went about my daily business and not giving it no mind. In His own time, He will bring it to past. So this morning as usually my morning prays and devotions. And news reports, weather. I began again with "The ACTS of The APOSTLES" with chapter 10 again. as I was reading, there is was in full bloom and came to age The Mosaic.:pensive:

"The GOSPEL ACCORDING to Jesus Christ" being Preach, and how it should be in the Fullness, The expert and unadulterated, no pollution at all with a human element added to it. The "Holy Ghost" blew it up to me in The Fullness of Divine Light. Every word and how it was presented like it should be and no additives needed.

The Gospel Printed like it should be, For this is The "GOSPEL ACCORDING TO Jesus Christ" and not a human element added to it.
Peter preaching to all who are at, The Roman Centurion named Cornelius, House. Some of his soldiers and servants and he called some of his relatives and friends to His house to "listen" what was about to be said. For they have never even heard "The GOSPEL According to
Jesus Christ" being told before. Now here they sit. Invited by a "ROMAN CENTURION" in "Caesarae" But they have heard about somethings , about what happen, but never heard "The Gospel According to Jesus Christ" proclaimed.

Acts 10: NIV84
34Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right. 36You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all. 37You know what has happened throughout the province of Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached— 38how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.

39We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a cross, 40but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen. 41He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses Whom God Had Already Chosen—by us who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. 42He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as JUDGE of the living and the dead. 43All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

44While Peter was still speaking these words, The Holy Spirit Came On All Who Heard The Message. 45The circumcised believers who had come with Peter Were Astonished That The Gift Of The Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles. 46For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God.

Then Peter said, 47“Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.” 48So he ordered that they be baptized in The Name Of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.

I said look at this. The Book have completely Destroyed a many of practices and proclamation of many in black and white plainly read, and not added any thing to the Fish bowl.

Keep it simple and plain. "JESUS ALONE" "GOD ALONE" "SCRIPTURE ALONE" "GRACE ALONE" "FAITH ALONE" "One PEOPLE" from all NATIONS who belongs to HIM are "THE HEBREWS" of GOD! FOR THERE IS ONLY "ONE HEBREW" And They Are From Every Nation, Every Color.

And the only creatures that are mad are "the demons and the devils" because they cannot stand "THE TRUTH" for "THE TRUTH" Torment them day and night and they cannot get, any rest.

American Standard Version
And out of his mouth proceedeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness of the wrath of God, the Almighty.

that was good:)

Loyal
'There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius,
a centurion of the band called the Italian band,
A devout man,
and one that feared God with all his house,
which gave much alms to the people,
and prayed to God alway.'
(Act 10:1-2)

'And they said,
Cornelius the centurion,
a just man,
and one that feareth God,
and of good report among all the nation of the Jews,
was warned from God by an holy angel
to send for thee into his house,
and to hear words of thee.' (Peter)
(Act 10:22)

* These verses give us an appreciation of the character and standing of this man of men, who had 100 men under his authority. Here we have a man who feared God, a just man, and one who ensured that those of his household also feared God. A devout man, who was spoken well of among the Jewish nation, for he had also helped them financially . He called His kinsmen and close friends to come and hear what Peter had to say.

* How different this description is to that of the gentiles to whom salvation is sent in Acts 28:28, described in, Ephesians chapter 2. Theirs is no good report, and the depth of God's grace is magnified by that description: for He extends His mercy and grace to the unlovely, to far-off Gentiles such as you and me, as well as to those who were of His chosen nation. For from that time on believing Gentiles would be 'accepted in the Beloved', looked upon as being 'holy and without blame' before Him, as those who were, 'in Christ Jesus' His risen and glorified, Saviour, Lord and Head.

* Those who heard Peter's words, and believed on that day, in Cornelius' house: had the door to the Kingdom of God opened unto them; they became part of Israel's Olive Tree, in order to make Israel jealous, as they saw, manifested in them, the blessings of Abraham, millennial blessings, which should have been theirs, but which their unbelief prevented them entering into, except for that believing remnant whom God called forth.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
* Twelve years after the crucifixion of the Lord, and the martyrdom of Stephen, and nine years after Paul's conversion, Cornelius and his household heard the word of God from the mouth of Peter:-

* The words that were spoken by Peter, were not the words of the gospel by which we heard and believed, for listen to his opening words, in Acts 10:14-15:-

'Then Peter opened his mouth, and said,​
"Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:​
But in every nation he that feareth Him,​
and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.'​
(Acts 10:34-35)​

* This does not describe the 'far-off' sinners of Ephesians 2, does it and Romans 1:1 & 2?
* Peter continues in v.36-37:-

'The word which God sent unto the children of Israel,​
preaching peace by Jesus Christ: ( He is Lord of all )
That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea,​
and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; ... ... '​

* Yes, the gospel of the Kingdom had been preached since the days of John the Baptist (approx.16 yrs): so Cornelius and those with him, would have heard it, for they were resident in Israel. Paul continues:-

'How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power:​
Who went about doing good,​
and healing all that were oppressed of the devil;​
for God was with Him.​
And we are witnesses of all things which He did​
both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem;​
Whom they slew and hanged on a tree:​
Him God raised up the third day,​
and shewed Him openly;​
Not to all the people,​
but unto witnesses chosen before of God,​
even to us, who did eat and drink with Him after He rose from the dead.​
And He commanded us to preach unto the people,​
and to testify​
that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.​
To Him give all the prophets witness,​
that through His name whosoever believeth in Him shall receive remission of sins.'​

* This is not the gospel of the grace of God which Paul preached, is it?

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris