• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Lan38

Hello,
I am a 58 year old man who throughout life has asked for Jesus to save me. 9 times out of 10 I've returned to a life of sin, more in the way of my thoughts than anything. I've suffered with depression and loneliness throughout my life. I've visited a Pentecostal church and feel alienated sitting alone watching others seeming to have a one on one experience with God. There's a hopelessness of not being able to be saved. A Christian friend says the devil is deceiving me and I have to pray for God to help me. I only have a few people I could consider as friends. I feel ugly inside and out, have given up on socializing, so I stay at home just "existing". Thoughts of death seem an everyday thing as I've gotten older. I have faith in God but not myself.

Hi, @stanshall2003 -

I am so sorry to hear of your struggle but thankful that you have been vulnerable and willing to open your heart. I will pray right now for you and as God brings you to mind.

I believe God is a good, loving, Father who is loving you right now and is concerned for you. There is no obstacle in the way between you and Him -- Jesus has taken care of every obstacle, every sin. If you believe this, the favor of our God is upon you. You are righteous in His sight. There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. I pray that you will be able to trust fully - totally - in only the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross. When Jesus said "It is finished", He meant it. There is nothing left to do. Just believe that the gift is yours. The promise is yours. His love is for you. And if you believe that, then you are saved. Period. No matter what your feelings say. Claim it by faith, say it out loud 100 times a day for the next month if you have to -- that you believe in Jesus, that you believe that He died for you, that He bore every sin you ever committed, that He died and rose again and has conquered sin and death. Every time the negative thoughts come, stake your claim on what God has done for you in Jesus and refuse to budge from there.

God has good things for you, brother.

@stanshall2003
I can relate. perhaps you need a stronger foundation in repentance from dead works. Is that encouragement and appreciation and that really propel us forward; turning our heart towards the Creator.
if your thoughts are sinful but you suppress them, then i believe that is quite commendable. I have a suspicion so check out these links. And if you are staying home you may not being getting enough sunlight or vitamin d which could only compound what problems you may have.

The Power of Potassium
Magnesium Dosage: How Much Should You Take per Day?

I also do have an idea or recipe but not sure

What is "need a stronger foundation in repentance from dead works"? What is dead works? I'm confused about repentance and remorse. If someone harms someone and is remorseful, is that a form of repentance? If I sin against God and ask for forgiveness, and I turn away from that sin, is that repentance?

1. Only a form of repentance if you turn back from harming someone. If you make the decision to stop harming someone. Preferably find a way to make it right with them also within reason.

2. Yes once you turn away from that sin with a sincere heart then that should be repentance.

3. I get a feeling if i tried to explain repentance from dead works or dead works; That i would be a stumbling block to you.

Thank you Ivar for your reply. Can you explain what "Godly" repentance is?

Interesting question. With possible different ways to answer and meaning the same thing.

Repentance is actively working towards turning back from

Colossians 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: "mortifying your members"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Repentance is turning your mind towards God and

Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Mark 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Repentance is walking in the fruits of the Spirit

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Galatians 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ezekiel 18:21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Ezekiel 18:22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

Ezekiel 18:23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

Ezekiel 18:24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

Ezekiel 18:25 Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?

Ezekiel 18:26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

Ezekiel 18:27 Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.

Ezekiel 18:28 Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Ezekiel 18:29 Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the Lord is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turning to Christ and seeking the Spirit of the Law which encompasses the fruits of the spirit along with the two greatest commandments mentioned earlier

We are under the fullness of Grace. We can practice being like Christ. Different levels to it but we can pace ourselves.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Peter 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

2 Peter 1:6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

2 Peter 1:7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

2 Peter 1:8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.