• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Hi Everyone,

So I am hoping to find guidance to what has been on my mind for quite some time. The question I have been pondering is if The Lord lets us know things before they are going to happen? And if so, which bible verses or stories should I look up to reference this?

The reason I ask is this - both times when someone very close to me has passed, I knew before I was told. I will give you my examples.

The first time this happened, I was taking care of my grandfather for 1 year exactly. He was going through cancer, all of my family members (on my dad's side) abandoned him in his time of need and left him to die. They did horrible things to him that I hate to even mention such as trying to take his house right out from under him, etc. Before all of this happened, my cousin's - who I hadn't talked to for so long - reached out to me saying that I needed to see our grandparents soon as they weren't doing so well. I hadn't seen this part of my family for years because of a falling out. I decided to see them because I did miss them. From the day I had seen them to about a month later, I had stopped by constantly...Making up for lost time. This is when my uncle decided to try and kick them out of their own home under the guise of taking care of them, all the while he had plans to make money off of the house. My grandmother went willingly, but my grandfather would hear nothing of it. I was with them when this all went down. When my cousin's and uncle were packing my grandmother's things, my grandfather looked to me and asked if I was with him or against him - meaning if I was trying to kick him out. I said I was with him no matter what he wanted to do. Long story short, they called adult protective services on him as a final attempt to kick him out but I stepped in and said I would take 100% responsibility so he could stay in his home. (My family wasn't too happy.) After his chemo treatments, he became bedridden and need 24/7 care. We kept him in his home and did everything we could to make sure he was happy and comfortable. He eventually passed with his wish fulfilled to die peacefully in his home.
I was home getting a few hours of sleep while the hospice nurse took care of him over the night. I knew it was only a matter of days before he would pass. Before I had awoken, I had a dream of him where he was standing - he was wheelchair bound for the last 7 or so years - and was so ecstatic . He was so full of life, more than I had ever seen him. It was all white behind him but surrounding him were six or seven of his family members. He said, "Here! I want you to meet my mother!" and he brought his mother forward, "And this is my oldest Brother!" And then he brought his brother forward. His other family members I did not get to meet. I felt as if time was short and he only presented those he talked the most about. He acted as if he hadn't seen a close friend for a very long time and was just so overcome with joy to see them. I said, "Hi! It's really nice to meet you." They just smiled at me and motioned for him to come with them. He looked back at me, smiled with a huge grin, and waved bye to me. I woke up crying and not a moment later, my phone rang with a call from the Hospice Nurse. My grandfather had passed just 10 minutes prior.
I was shocked at the events of the dream and then the phone call. I was beside myself. It felt as if my grandfather was coming by to say his goodbye's and that he was going to Heaven with his family. I don't know how else to interpret it. Both his mother and all of his siblings (including the one in my dream) had passed except for one.

The second occurrence happened last week. I had this heavy sense weigh down on my like someone had passed or was going to pass very soon. I couldn't explain it but I just felt sadness, not for the person but for my loss, my family's loss at whoever it was. I was starting to get panicky and felt as if that next day I need to call everyone I knew and tell them how much I loved them. I was so taken back by it I started crying and I prayed to The Lord to watch over us and be with us. That if I were being attacked by any evil entities, to please just fill my room and my heart with his Heavenly presence. I couldn't sleep and asked God to please help alleviate my worries. I had passed off what I was feeling as my mind getting away from me, coming up with disheartening scenarios or something. I finally drifted to sleep but still felt heavy. The next morning, about 10 a.m. I received a phone call from my father that my Great Uncle had passed whom I love so very dearly. He was like the sunshine to all of us. But when I answered the phone call I had a feeling that whatever I was feeling the night before was going to confirm itself on the phone, and it did.

So, with all of that said...I was both visited by and knew someone who was going to pass before I had confirmation of it - within hours. I do not believe in mediums. I do not seek to have my fortunes told. I do not believe in any of that just as God in the Bible says to not associate with any of these things. I fully stick by that. Given the above though, do you believe The Lord would allow loved ones to say goodbye before they fully leave this world? Do you believe The Lord would give us a sense of "clairvoyance" if you will, I don't know what other word to use to describe it...sorry. Is there anything in scripture that would support these questions or what I have witnessed above? I am just trying to make some sort of sense out of it. Has anyone else ever gone through something like this?

Active

RJ

• So I am hoping to find guidance to what has been on my mind for quite some time. The question I have been pondering is if The Lord lets us know things before they are going to happen? And if so, which bible verses or stories should I look up to reference this?
    Yes he has:
    J. Barton Payne’sEncyclopedia of Biblical Prophecylists 1,239 prophecies in the Old Testament and 578 prophecies in the New Testament, for a total of 1,817. These encompass 8,352 verses.

Active
To know something is going to happen in the future requires something supernatural. There are two sources of supernatural power we can draw from. We can either draw it from Satan's kingdom, or from the Kingdom of God (From Christ). It's not always easy to determine which source things are coming from.

I've been around a lot of people that had an uncanny ability to know things were coming. Often times it was knowing that someone was going to get hurt, or be in a car accident, or something similar. I always found it kind of strange that it was always bad things that they knew were going to happen, and almost never good things.

If I were you, I would continue to take this thing to the Lord and ask him to give you wisdom concerning the issue and to shine his light on these things, exposing any and all darkness if there is any.

Peace,

Travis

Administrator
Staff Member
If I were you, I would continue to take this thing to the Lord and ask him to give you wisdom concerning the issue and to shine his light on these things, exposing any and all darkness if there is any.

Hi @BritB

I agree on this. You just have to be careful about these things, dreams. I'm not absolutely saying it may not be from God, but He sure warned us many times about spirits, false prophets, and of course the devil being a deceiver. Also, I believe it's possible for our minds to be negatively affected by what we draw in each day through music, TV, and media we read from. Just a thought.

1 John 4:1-3
On Denying the Incarnation
4 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit,but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15
13 For such people are false apostles,deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

Good Day!
As a child I seemed to know things that I shouldn't, like women being pregnant before they themselves knew or to tell my mom to get in the other lane and a crash occurring in the lane we were in right afterwards. My parents never addressed it, but never made me feel like it was normal, either. I learned to repress it so I didn't stand out or scare anyone else again. Recently I was put on a medication that stimulates the pituitary gland and releases more serotonin and these.... intuitions have returned stronger than ever. I did some research and found that scientists who have tested the brains of "clairvoyants" have noticed... a more stimulated pituitary gland. I wish I could be happy about this, but I just recently anonymously helped a group in TN find a missing toddler. He was right where I said he was in the condition I said he would be in. I even knew what he was wearing when he disappeared before it was reported. I'm not bragging and I'm not a liar. I'm terrified. I didn't eat for a week after I realized how accurate these "knowings" were. I was already seeing a counselor and he said that about 1/600 of his patients have this ability, however none have been as strong as mine. I submit everything I see to the Lord FIRST and it's always confirmed. I just wish I could find some peace in this. It always happens when I'm awake and if I'm around people it's so hard to pretend that I'm fine. I know we're supposed to embrace our gifts from God, and I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I am so scared. Again, please understand that I am seeking for understanding because I have been praying about this for weeks with no clear answer back. Does anyone have any insight for this?

Loyal
Good Day!
... I submit everything I see to the Lord FIRST and it's always confirmed. I just wish I could find some peace in this. It always happens when I'm awake and if I'm around people it's so hard to pretend that I'm fine. I know we're supposed to embrace our gifts from God, and I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I am so scared. Again, please understand that I am seeking for understanding because I have been praying about this for weeks with no clear answer back. Does anyone have any insight for this?

Every person has something from the Lord to be used for God's glory. Some of these things are especially clear and seem to the natural carnal man to be miraculous, but what is miraculous to God? In the following verses Jesus is accused of blasphemy because he forgave a man of his sins. Jesus goes on to also physically heal the man:

"When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.

But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts,

Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts?

Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?

But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)

I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house." Mark 2:7-11

The point is that forgiving sins is no more difficult for God than healing a man with palsy or than for telling the future.

Give God the glory for what you able to do with what He has given you. That is more important [the giving God the glory] than anything else you can do about it.

Consider Peter's reaction when people marveled after the healing of the lame man at the Beautiful Gate of the temple:

"And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?" Acts 3:12

What God has given you is different than what Peter had, but to God it is really no more difficult. He does what He does because it is according to His will... even if you and no one else seem to know why.

Don't advertise what you are able to do... and never do it for your own glory. If people criticize you in any way for it, simply look to God who knows all things for comfort. He did send a Comforter, the Holy Ghost, to ease our troubled hearts. Look to the Comforter and ask for help:

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:" Matt 7:7

Thank you for this encouragement! Very few people near me know what I can do and I've learned not to talk about it on any secular site because I began to get a ton of messages asking me to "see things" for them. They weren't happy when I told them that I only see what God wants me to see and only when He wants me to see it. Since then I've had to make my Facebook very private until they all go away. This is the ONLY Christian site on which I have sought help and I'm not going to post it on any others. I had originally only told the search team what I saw because I prayed about it and felt led to do so that one time.

Active
Did God not give Noah fore sight it is going to rain, build Me a boat?

The gifts of God are beautiful; and they are given you for His glory. Praise God brothers and sister's give God some honor and praise. Amen

Hello BritB,

Reading from you, I just remembered a testimony from YouTube shared by a friend on Facebook. Hope you find time to listen to it.

You're not alone. The Bible is filled with many examples of what you're experiencing. @rag4aCrown site one example in Genesis. The Book of Revelation is the perfect example of the things that are about to come at the end of this age we are in.

Other Few Examples:

2 Kings 20 - King Hezekiah's death foretold
Genesis 18:16-33 - Destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah foretold
Acts 21:10 - Paul's imprisonment foretold

A Distress in the spirit: A few testimony

I would suggest, every time you feel that un-explainable "distress in your spirit", pray and ask the Lord. I often times experience that, and would just pray general prayers of Divine protection, salvation, comfort or whatever need at that moment to whoever needs it, family, friend, church-mate, or whoever, I cannot name. Sometimes I ask the Lord for confirmations, and the Lord is faithful, three times in different occasions, my sister and family has been miraculously saved from fatal accidents, in another occasion a raging flood in our province/region came, before I come to know about it, the Lord is already imparting a song of deliverance in my spirit, and just prayed through the song one Sunday noon right after Worship Service, in the afternoon I heard of the news of strong typhoon and thread of flooding may happen, many towns were submerged under water in three consecutive days the following week, but our village were spared despite of the many waters. AMEN!

Two things maybe the purpose of such alerts, that is the Lord might want to prepare you for what is to come,and or to provide you an escape if we are just willing to listen and pay attention.

Blessings there.

TWO

The LORD confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them. Psalm 25:14

Hi Everyone,

So I am hoping to find guidance to what has been on my mind for quite some time. The question I have been pondering is if The Lord lets us know things before they are going to happen? And if so, which bible verses or stories should I look up to reference this?

The reason I ask is this - both times when someone very close to me has passed, I knew before I was told. I will give you my examples.

The first time this happened, I was taking care of my grandfather for 1 year exactly. He was going through cancer, all of my family members (on my dad's side) abandoned him in his time of need and left him to die. They did horrible things to him that I hate to even mention such as trying to take his house right out from under him, etc. Before all of this happened, my cousin's - who I hadn't talked to for so long - reached out to me saying that I needed to see our grandparents soon as they weren't doing so well. I hadn't seen this part of my family for years because of a falling out. I decided to see them because I did miss them. From the day I had seen them to about a month later, I had stopped by constantly...Making up for lost time. This is when my uncle decided to try and kick them out of their own home under the guise of taking care of them, all the while he had plans to make money off of the house. My grandmother went willingly, but my grandfather would hear nothing of it. I was with them when this all went down. When my cousin's and uncle were packing my grandmother's things, my grandfather looked to me and asked if I was with him or against him - meaning if I was trying to kick him out. I said I was with him no matter what he wanted to do. Long story short, they called adult protective services on him as a final attempt to kick him out but I stepped in and said I would take 100% responsibility so he could stay in his home. (My family wasn't too happy.) After his chemo treatments, he became bedridden and need 24/7 care. We kept him in his home and did everything we could to make sure he was happy and comfortable. He eventually passed with his wish fulfilled to die peacefully in his home.
I was home getting a few hours of sleep while the hospice nurse took care of him over the night. I knew it was only a matter of days before he would pass. Before I had awoken, I had a dream of him where he was standing - he was wheelchair bound for the last 7 or so years - and was so ecstatic . He was so full of life, more than I had ever seen him. It was all white behind him but surrounding him were six or seven of his family members. He said, "Here! I want you to meet my mother!" and he brought his mother forward, "And this is my oldest Brother!" And then he brought his brother forward. His other family members I did not get to meet. I felt as if time was short and he only presented those he talked the most about. He acted as if he hadn't seen a close friend for a very long time and was just so overcome with joy to see them. I said, "Hi! It's really nice to meet you." They just smiled at me and motioned for him to come with them. He looked back at me, smiled with a huge grin, and waved bye to me. I woke up crying and not a moment later, my phone rang with a call from the Hospice Nurse. My grandfather had passed just 10 minutes prior.
I was shocked at the events of the dream and then the phone call. I was beside myself. It felt as if my grandfather was coming by to say his goodbye's and that he was going to Heaven with his family. I don't know how else to interpret it. Both his mother and all of his siblings (including the one in my dream) had passed except for one.

The second occurrence happened last week. I had this heavy sense weigh down on my like someone had passed or was going to pass very soon. I couldn't explain it but I just felt sadness, not for the person but for my loss, my family's loss at whoever it was. I was starting to get panicky and felt as if that next day I need to call everyone I knew and tell them how much I loved them. I was so taken back by it I started crying and I prayed to The Lord to watch over us and be with us. That if I were being attacked by any evil entities, to please just fill my room and my heart with his Heavenly presence. I couldn't sleep and asked God to please help alleviate my worries. I had passed off what I was feeling as my mind getting away from me, coming up with disheartening scenarios or something. I finally drifted to sleep but still felt heavy. The next morning, about 10 a.m. I received a phone call from my father that my Great Uncle had passed whom I love so very dearly. He was like the sunshine to all of us. But when I answered the phone call I had a feeling that whatever I was feeling the night before was going to confirm itself on the phone, and it did.

So, with all of that said...I was both visited by and knew someone who was going to pass before I had confirmation of it - within hours. I do not believe in mediums. I do not seek to have my fortunes told. I do not believe in any of that just as God in the Bible says to not associate with any of these things. I fully stick by that. Given the above though, do you believe The Lord would allow loved ones to say goodbye before they fully leave this world? Do you believe The Lord would give us a sense of "clairvoyance" if you will, I don't know what other word to use to describe it...sorry. Is there anything in scripture that would support these questions or what I have witnessed above? I am just trying to make some sort of sense out of it. Has anyone else ever gone through something like this?

Active
I can only speak for myself about what I call it,the gateway OF grace! As one is in prayer or even song,the mind of the person is alerted to a gateway of grace opening,Even as the eyes may be opened. ( 2 Cor 12:2-4) The reason we do not know,is because at this time we have no weight of our own,we cannot tell if body along with Spirit goes where are eyes are now looking or seeing. We cannot speak either. For the spirit realm is not about speech from us,but rather of three different things we do become aware of.

1. color is much bolder. 2. Smell, or fragrance is also much stronger.( 2 Cor 2:14-16) and 3.sound is much more distinct. The gateway of grace is one of instruction! ( Titus 2:11-12) The revelation which we see is much like being at a movie theater in the front row,as the white screen shows us what the Lord desires for us to see,in most cases, not all,words do not come from the things seen,but rather as a weather alert in letters below what we are seeing.

And sometimes spoken by the Angel of the Lord himself. The comfort from the very presence of the Lord is sealed up within us,as well as around us,we are aware of this.So there is no fear, or concern! The love which surpasses all knowledge is now known love!( Eph 3:17-19) for we are filled to the very top of our head,to the very souls of our feet with his very love! As the vision comes to being complete,a purpose within develops to sustain our gentle return. And when we do return from wherever we have been in the gateway of grace,we are most thankful to have been granted a real personal event,and make no mistake it is a real event! To further establish us in prayer as well as praise to our most wonderful Jesus!! And then we remember Eph 3:20-21!!!) The will of God is to stay thankful,and by doing this daily,we understand how to always stay in his will!!!!( 1 Thess 5:18) I hope this helps many!

This is the discussion I've been needing and I have struggled to find somebody else and I am so sad that I am late to the party. The level of the things I know is crazy. It was present my entire life, a little less pronounced for a while but still present and now...well now I know far too much before it happens. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord of my life, He is my lord and Savior. I don't do anything (readings/talk to dead/summon) but read the bible and pray. Yet...I know waaaaaay too much before it happens. I also hear things and sense things. I thank God everyday for these gifts and only ask that I am able to use them for His Glory. He has had his hand on me for a very long time and warns me of soooo much. I don't tell anyone about the abilities he has given me (I made that mistake once on FB and yep....I was getting inboxes of people looking to be read). What alarms me most is that my college daughter has abilities, and she is not as grounded in Christ as i was at her age. It is important that we continue to read and meditate on the word so that we are careful to do everything in it. Wishing you an abundant life full of love, His grace and clarity. <3

I feel so touched by the accounts on this thread. I found this site by searching for psychic abilities and God. I was searching because I am trying to come to terms with what is happening to me. I 'think' things before they happen, let'S call that a vision for lack of a better word. I'm a scientist and a doctor so for years I rationalized my experiences. But tonight I had a very distinct thought, very intrusive and completely out of the blue, that a patient had died. 15 minutes later I get the call "she died a few minutes ago". I have been getting more of these thoughts and 'visions' since I returned to God a decade ago. I often feel I am his instrument in my personal and professional life, and I have learned to recognize when he is 'in the room' during a patient encounter... others praise my 'remarkable intuition and ability to connect', but they don't understand that it does not comes from me, I am just a channel for God in those moments. My strongest vision announced the birth of my son and was entered around the Bible vers announcing the birth of Christ (I name my son Emmanuel for this reason). This verse has recurred around other important visions. When I registered for this site to respond to the stories, that same verse was the verse of the day. I can't talk about God or how he affects my life with any of my colleagues, they would think I'm crazy. But seeing other people who are a bit like me and know that it is from the Lord makes me feel less alone.

I can only speak for myself about what I call it,the gateway OF grace! As one is in prayer or even song,the mind of the person is alerted to a gateway of grace opening,Even as the eyes may be opened. ( 2 Cor 12:2-4) The reason we do not know,is because at this time we have no weight of our own,we cannot tell if body along with Spirit goes where are eyes are now looking or seeing. We cannot speak either. For the spirit realm is not about speech from us,but rather of three different things we do become aware of.

1. color is much bolder. 2. Smell, or fragrance is also much stronger.( 2 Cor 2:14-16) and 3.sound is much more distinct. The gateway of grace is one of instruction! ( Titus 2:11-12) The revelation which we see is much like being at a movie theater in the front row,as the white screen shows us what the Lord desires for us to see,in most cases, not all,words do not come from the things seen,but rather as a weather alert in letters below what we are seeing.

And sometimes spoken by the Angel of the Lord himself. The comfort from the very presence of the Lord is sealed up within us,as well as around us,we are aware of this.So there is no fear, or concern! The love which surpasses all knowledge is now known love!( Eph 3:17-19) for we are filled to the very top of our head,to the very souls of our feet with his very love! As the vision comes to being complete,a purpose within develops to sustain our gentle return. And when we do return from wherever we have been in the gateway of grace,we are most thankful to have been granted a real personal event,and make no mistake it is a real event! To further establish us in prayer as well as praise to our most wonderful Jesus!! And then we remember Eph 3:20-21!!!) The will of God is to stay thankful,and by doing this daily,we understand how to always stay in his will!!!!( 1 Thess 5:18) I hope this helps many!

Thank you for these verses! In those more simple times. people understood more intuitively that God truly speaks to us and makes us aware of his presence. People these days are much less aware... too many distractions. That and also the fact that religion is so unpopular... Being a Christian can feel like being a freak sometimes!

Loyal
Regardless of our gifts, we are not to be ashamed of the Lord or anything He gives us. If we are ashamed of Him, He will be ashamed of us.

Regardless of our gifts, we are not to be ashamed of the Lord or anything He gives us. If we are ashamed of Him, He will be ashamed of us.

I have sometimes felt like I was in tuned to certain things at certain times. I have always felt like it came from God, as a clue to me. I don't feel it a lot. But sometimes, it's just so weird. Like for instance, today I was casually checking on something. Kind of a will it happen or will it not happen thing. Driving down the freeway, I all of a sudden had this very intense feeling that it was happening. Almost like a pressure in my chest. I had looked down at the clock in my car as to mentally record what time it was. Guess what the thing happened exactly at that time.

Hello. I'm new here. This is my first post.

Well I reached the point things are undeniably strange when it comes to knowing things are going to happen and they do precisely as visioned with incredible accuracy.

The definition for intuition is - a thing that one knows or considers likely from instinctive feeling rather than conscious reasoning.

I’m most interested in the blurred area between "instinctive feeling" and "conscious reasoning" where spirit meets patterns and principles. On one hand its cool to have intuition but thats only when its favorable. On the other hand, its very unsettling to 'know' things that you'd rather not know; whats worse, not knowing how you know. It can be intrusive. Is it a spirit or is it simply our ability to recognize patterns and make accurate judgements or predictions based on that data?

Let me give some backstory that goes a bit beyond intuition.

I grew up Catholic but stopped going to church sometime before high school, now 49. I wouldn't call it a falling away. God was always very much at work through and in me my whole life. There was something about church I didn't like, still don't. So, sometime in my mid 20's I took it upon myself to dive back into the bible. That didn't go well mainly because I needed help understanding what I was reading and everyone seemed to have their own version about what a verse in the bible meant. I put in a good effort but ultimately closed the book until my early 40's after I met evil. That led me on a hunt for truth in knowing all about how evil entered this world and how to deal with it. Adam and Even had nothing to do with it.

My early internet searches on understanding Genesis 6:1-4 led to a biblical scholar Michael S. Heiser who's work introduced me to the supernatural world in a book titled The Unseen Realm, but maybe not like you think. It seems church, in general, has stripped away the supernatural aspects out of the bible (filtered them out) with the translations we have today. Turns out God had company when he created the heavens and the earth.

What God says to Job in Job 38:4–7 is clear on that point:

4 “Where were you at my laying the foundation of the earth?
Tell me, if you possess understanding.
5 Who determined its measurement? Yes, you do know.
Or who stretched the measuring line upon it?
6 On what were its bases sunk?
Or who laid its cornerstone,
7 when the morning stars were singing together
and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

When God laid the foundations of the earth, the “sons of God” were there, shouting for joy. But the sons of God obviously aren’t humans. Long story short, the Watchers mentioned in Genesis 6 introduced evil on earth which led to God wiping out everything with the flood. Although, Nephilim survived the flood (this is all in the bible). When a Nephilim was killed, its disembodied spirit was considered a demon. These demons then roamed the earth to harass humans. Jesus warns us about these spirits in Matthew 12:45. Turns out the whole bible is chock full of angels, demons, spirits and other gods. That sort of gets filtered out in our english translations. For example, anywhere the original word was elohim, our translations uses God or little (g) gods. In all instances, elohim are not humans.

So there's that.

Like any good Christian, we all seek truth and understanding. We need to test the spirits. We've seen some strange things happening in the bible when it comes to spirits, 1 Kings 22 comes to mind. Here we have God having a meeting with his heavenly host about what to do about Ahab. If you remember, Ahab's death was decreed by God. It was time for Ahab to die. So what does God do? He turns to the spirits of his heavenly host, and says, okay, how are we going to do that? One spirit comes forward and says, I'll make his prophets lie. Did you catch that? Do you see what's going on here? The spirit says, I'll be a lying spirit in the mouth of his prophets. Then God, for the most part says, yeah, that'll work.

So there's that.

We have God working with spirits to carry out things on humans, humans who otherwise wouldn't have any idea what was going on. The bible tells of good things and bad things occurring in the same way. The point here is that we don't necessarily "know" if we are dealing with some rouge spirits or spirits under God.

Lot's to think about here although I am more inclined to think intuition (patterns and principles) plays a role in my ability to foresee something is going to happen. I suppose we can define them like hunches or gut feelings that come true. I suppose the question then is intuition linked to spirits?

[...]
My early internet searches on understanding Genesis 6:1-4 led to a biblical scholar Michael S. Heiser who's work introduced me to the supernatural world in a book titled The Unseen Realm, but maybe not like you think. It seems church, in general, has stripped away the supernatural aspects out of the bible (filtered them out) with the translations we have today. Turns out God had company when he created the heavens and the earth.

I've not read that book but am aware of it and even flipped thru it last May. It speaks of, I believe, the heavenly governmental body among other things - courts, councils, etc. You are correct that MOST churches have given in to teaching selected areas of the Bible that are deemed common areas -- they largely omit areas that will cause people to cringe or shrink away from the church as most churches are out for filling seats and collecting tithes. These are the sorts of churches I was involved in -- Catholic and UMC until I was saved -- I now attend a non-denom church that streams its services over the internet to tons of people over seas and elsewhere within the world. People are hungry but are NOT being fed by their local churches. Search brother -- search!

Anyway, I digress.. What I was going to say is that this morning I was walking through the house in prayer as I do each early morning, and I knew if I looked at the clock it would say 3:11 and so I peeked in the room with the clock and sure enough that's exactly what it read. How do I know these things? I don't know but believe it's the Holy Spirit showing me these things -- to what end? I've got no idea. YMMV!

I've gone through the clock thing myself although what was happening with me was that every time I looked at the clock, it was the same time. That was odd and went on for days. I'll just give two examples of things of the past.

1. She will get married and divorced one month later. It happened exactly like that. No idea when she would get married or with who, just that it would end one month into it. Precisely one month.
2. She will be pregnant before she gets out of school. And she was.

The thought popped in my head today about how all of this might occur. I've concluded... based on (this) + (this) + (that) - (this) and (that) = (this will occur). It seems to fall back on patterns and a recognition of cues more than anything that leads to a predictable outcome, in my case. There is such a thing called "skilled intuition" which is a recognition of patterns typically within a particular domain and the course of action based on those patterns. One example of a specific domain would be nurses where nurses could detect life-threatening infections in infants before tests came back. They are unable to explain how they know... "I just know." In certain decision making environments that provide a sufficient regularity of valid cues.

I typically don't get to see much details of future events. If you've ever had a near death experience when they say "Your life flashes before you" its pretty much like that. I'll get a quick flash of things that will occur and they do. But again, they all seem to tie in with patterns. Anyway... its interesting.

I've been given visions of revivals that hadn't yet happened and other interesting things... Not so much regarding my own life but stuff going on elsewhere.