• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Knowing Close Intimacy with Jesus Christ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Knowing Close Intimacy with Jesus Christ?

Luke 10:22 All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and NO ONE KNOWS WHO THE SON IS EXCEPT THE FATHER, OR WHO THE FATHER IS EXCEPT THE SON AND ANYONE TO WHOM THE SON CHOOSES TO REVEAL HIM.”

The only person who really knows the Son of God is God the Father, and no one really knows who God Father is except the Son of God, and unto whom he chooses to reveal him!! The father reveals to us his Son, and Jesus Christ (Son of God) reveals to us God the father.

Jesus is NOT the words contained in scripture. There is only “one” Word of God, but there are many words in the Bible that God has said through his Son Jesus Christ. Jesus revealed to us that God the fathers “work” was to speak through his Son.

John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK UNTO YOU I SPEAK NOT OF MYSELF: BUT THE FATHER THAT DWELLETH IN ME, HE DOETH THE WORKS.

If God the father's work was to speak through his Son, and if God the father is the one who reveals his Son to us, then the words Jesus has said to us point directly to Jesus! Jesus said.....

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and THEY ARE THEY WHICH TESTIFY OF ME.

Even though the words contained in scripture are not Jesus, yet they are a prerequisite to “KNOWING” him!

John 14:21 HE THAT HATH MY COMMANDMENTS, AND KEEPETH THEM, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him and will manifest myself to him.

Keeping Gods commandments is guarding them in your heart. The word “KEEPETH” here means, “ to guard. To keep an eye on, to watch, and hence to protect”. I thought “DOING” his commandments is keeping his word? If you are guarding, and keeping your eyes on his commandments then you are “DOING” his commandments! I thought “obeying” his commandments is keeping them. When you are guarding, and keeping your eyes on his commandments you are “obeying” his commandments!
God's commandments are made up of “words” which form ideas, imagery, and also carry a purpose!

Jesus said.....

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, IF YE CONTINUE IN MY WORD, then are ye my disciples indeed;
John 8:32 And YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH, AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE.

Truth has never set anyone “FREE” in the history of the world!!! The only time truth can set anyone free is when they “KNOW” the truth!! The word, “SHALL” does not mean the word will automatically set a person free, it is only a “prerequisite” to knowing the truth!

Knowing is NOT knowing what a person has said through words, like knowing what the bible said. That kind of knowing is only mental in our heads! Knowing the truth goes far beyond logical analytical knowledge that we store in our mind. Knowing is having an intimately close relationship with that which is known!!!

This is how knowing comes.....

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I WILL LOVE HIM, AND WILL MANIFEST MYSELF TO HIM.

Keeping (guarding) the word of God inside your heart is proof to Jesus that you really love him, and in return, Jesus said he would love us back by “MANIFESTING HIMSELF TO US”

Manifesting is revealing that which was once unseen, and made visible to the heart of man!!!
This is knowing” the truth!!!!!

Remember, Jesus said, “I am the way, the TRUTH, and the life....” (John 14:6)

Jesus tells his Apostles that he was going away, and they will not see him for a while, and then they will see him. Jesus then tells his Apostles that the “world” will not see him, but they will!!!!

Judas could not figure out how this could be possible if they were going to see Jesus then why not the world see him?

John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I WILL COME TO YOU.
John 14:19 Yet a little while, and THE WORLD SEETH ME NO MORE; BUT YE SEE ME: because I live, ye shall live also.
John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, HE IT IS THAT LOVETH ME: AND HE THAT LOVETH ME SHALL BE LOVED OF MY FATHER, AND I WILL LOVE HIM, AND WILL MANIFEST MYSELF TO HIM.
John 14:22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, HOW IS IT THAT THOU WILT MANIFEST THYSELF UNTO US, AND NOT UNTO THE WORLD?
John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, IF A MAN LOVE ME, HE WILL KEEP MY WORDS: AND MY FATHER WILL LOVE HIM, AND WE WILL COME UNTO HIM, AND MAKE OUR ABODE WITH HIM.

This has nothing to do with the second coming of Jesus when we will all get new supernatural bodies!! It is talking about the time we are now living in after Jesus ascended to his father, and is now living inside each and every believer!!! When Jesus reveals himself to us it is in us he is revealing himself!!!
Knowing the truth is having a close intimate relationship with Jesus who is our new life in us!!!

How can we be sure?

2Co 13:5 EXAMINE YOURSELVES, to see whether you are in the faith. TEST YOURSELVES. Or DO YOU NOT REALIZE THIS ABOUT YOURSELVES, THAT JESUS CHRIST IS IN YOU?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test! (ESV)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Curtis Devotionals 0
Jesus_is_LORD Sermons & Podcasts 0
Curtis Devotionals 0